• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official 4BR Tier List v1.0 - Competitive Impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
I was going to list him,but I've heard he struggles against fireball characters.

But then again I put up O.T.Hawk up there, so sure =P
He made it all the way up to Ratio level 3 (along with chars like guile) in the newest JP tier list. hold on

Also our roster is still short of KOF2k2UM by about 2-3 chars. 2k2UM is fairly balanced as well IIRC but hey! We're close!

Also ST is pretty balanced yo, Ratio 1 is where viability stops being realistic. Players like PONY and Mattsun have pushed ST Gief and ST N. Ken respectively really far.

Last edited:

Djent

Smash Champion
So I woke up this morning to find out that :4corrinf: + :4bayonetta2: had won doubles at SHIG Tournament. How is no one talking about this? Maybe they went to bed like I did?

Nyanko and Nietono have teamed before and both have beaten people with a number of characters, but they still won out over some strong contenders. Their set with Kie and Choco is definitely worth watching, and also features double Peach!

In other what-can-hardly be-called-"news," Witch Time is indeed pretty silly in doubles.

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
So I woke up this morning to find out that :4corrinf: + :4bayonetta2: had won doubles at SHIG Tournament. How is no one talking about this? Maybe they went to bed like I did?

Nyanko and Nietono have teamed before and both have beaten people with a number of characters, but they still won out over some strong contenders. Their set with Kie and Choco is definitely worth watching, and also features double Peach!

In other what-can-hardly be-called-"news," Witch Time is indeed pretty silly in doubles.
Cloud and Bayonetta in Doubles sounds like a fun time. I want to see what kind of chaos that brings.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I don't think top 8s will ever be mostly Bayos just because of the sole fact that she has a really high learning curve and there's a steep difference between good and bad ones. Ryu and Rosalina are in the same boat. Awesome characters but not a ton of representation because they're almost genuinely bad if you don't know what you're doing. Like I said a couple of days ago, Bayo is shaping up to be this game's Ice Climbers because she'll require a lot of practice and isn't someone you could simply shoe horn as a secondary like Mario, Cloud, or Ness.

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
I don't think top 8s will ever be mostly Bayos just because of the sole fact that she has a really high learning curve and there's a steep difference between good and bad ones. Ryu and Rosalina are in the same boat. Awesome characters but not a ton of representation because they're almost genuinely bad if you don't know what you're doing. Like I said a couple of days ago, Bayo is shaping up to be this game's Ice Climbers because she'll require a lot of practice and isn't someone you could simply shoe horn as a secondary like Mario, Cloud, or Ness.
Do really so many people think she is hard to play?
She must have really clicked with me then, I find her way easier than say Ryu.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Yes it's pretty easy if you haven't used anything else. You can dABK or ABK to get away fast, jump, or when you know your opponent wants to punish you, you can throw out WT.
dABK is a pretty safe way to land because it doesn't have much lag and covers quite a bit of distance in a very short time.
Would it answer your question if I stated that Bayo divekick is in fact the best move in the game? Huge damage potential, frame 8, hard to anti air on reaction, can cover like half of FD in either direction instantly.

When I get cornered by the ledge, faking jumping to center stage and dive kicking back to the ledge about twice seems to be adequate for forcing anyone to give you space to reset when ludicrously hard reads are required to follow this.

Much like Yoshi's negative state but better, divekick alone makes it really scary to commit to chasing her too when a small mistake can quickly turn into Bayonetta advantage.
Those seem like pretty nice options. So those are the kinds of options that characters will have to learn how to deal with.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Bayonetta's main weakness imo is that her neutral, while not outright bad, hinges very heavily on the sheer threat of divekick. And while blocked divekick isn't super unsafe, you sacrifice control when it doesn't hit.

She is somewhat vulnerable to some true combos out of grab due to her weight and size (Doc Dthrow Fair connects on her for a long time), though BW on airdodge let's her escape many 1 frame gaps in strings.

R3D3MON

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KeeHwang2010
Once again, was asking why Luigi players aren't using it to cover ledge options more because Up Smash is relatively safe and running and JC UP Smashes cover a lot of distance. Was not asking why Luigi players aren't spamming Up Smashes like it was a frame 2, 3 recovery, 50%, 90 degree, 100 base, 300 growth, completely invincible, and heavily disjointed move with, just for kicks, metallic pink fire effects.
Sorry for misreading. What you said is true, but up-smash still must be used with caution because misspacing one near the ledge can be very deadly for luigi because the situation can be reversed and luigi may be the one near the ledge or offstage, in which case luigi is at a severe disadvantage. Up smash is great for covering jump and neutral getup tho. Also another way I use up smash at the ledge is to bait reactions. Up smash has low cool down, so I throw one out and then depending on the opponent's reaction I punish it with f-smash, d-smash, another up-smash, rising/falling nair, etc. First, I space myself so that I can't get hit by ledge getup attacks, and then I either throw out a d-smash or up-smash (the two smash attacks that have the lowest cooldown), and then wait for the opponent's reaction and punish their ledge getup accordingly. As a mixup, I also use falling/rising nair by waiting at the ledge. This can lead to some cool string setups also.

One more thing to note about luigi up-smash: an opponent that properly survival DIs luigi up-smash can survive for a much longer time (20% more) than without DI/bad DI. Video example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIdyVK1aDtg

zblaqk

Smash Apprentice
As long as the Bayonetta dittos all start with a dance-off, I'm happy.

It's unfortunate that fair is easy to DI because I just spent the last few hours trying out some of her combos on a plane, and I made liberal use of fair.
Try using the 2nd hit, works more for me

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Bayo's side special divekick thing? Probably can beat it consistently with Pit's Uair... Beat it a few times already, just need to find the sweetspot. Against wizkick for example just stay right below where he initiates it.

Swordsmen probably don't need to fear it too much, IMO.

AnEventHorizon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aneventhorizon
Something I've be wondering for awhile - are there any characters that are affected detrimentally by the use of a 3 stock vs 2 stock format? The first two that came to mind are Wario and Ganondorf - they both lose some of their ability to steal back a game from disadvantage when their opponent could be sitting on an extra life after the wario waft/Ganoncide is over.

On an unrelated note, I feel like I've had an epiphany on Shulk's design (in the same way that you wouldnt expect any buffs to greatly increase Mewtwo's weight or Ganondorf's speed)

Shulk is in the unfortunate position of being a regular man wielding a two handed sword. Xenoblade spoilers aside, the Shulk we have in Smash is one where the only thing actively special about him is that the Monado doesn't reject him. He's not a fighter, he's a scientist who picked up a sword.

Ike is lauded as the strong man who can wield the heavy two handed sword ragnell one-handed, while Cloud is a super soldier. Shulk is the regular dude who only competes due to/is carried by the sword he wields. 1.0.4 buffs way back when kind of centered on this - instead of making anything faster, they made the Monado arts stronger. Shulk's frame data is what you expect get when you have someone wield a giant two handed sword without the training or muscles to go along with it.

I still feel like it's rather weird choice to triple dip on the weaknesses - no ledge snap, slow attacks, basically impossible to hit autocancels, and then each Art has it's own drawbacks to go along with it. This is even more puzzling when you consider that many people (casual or no) aren't usually initally aware of the art drawbacks while just fighting against Shulk (which I believe are meant to make the arts seem more fair to people who have to fight against them).

Last edited:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I mean, I said I didn't, and those were characters off the top of my head. So yeah, Luigi beats him too.

I don't see how ROB could "CLEARLY" be in Kirby's favor. Mind elaborating on that one? I don't see it at all tbh.

Spread correct information instead of getting buttmad when people are wrong about your character.
Because it's not!
Kirby players don't like to admit that the character's bad, but like... what are Kirby's WINNING matchups? I think he might, MAYBE, have 5. I used to list Mewtwo as a winning matchup, but that was before Mewtwo got great buffs, and even then it might have not been a winning MU.

Kirby players like to say they beat Fox. This is true, if Fox freely runs into your Uptilts. But he won't! Because his neutral is far better! Because he's fast!

Kirby vs ZSS is not even! Crouch is good against a lot of her moves, but you're not threatening anybody when you crouch! And she can still hit you with Dsmash, Dtilt, SideB, (well spaced) Nair, etc! And she kills you insanely quickly! Upair chain -> UpB kills Kirby with the "gimmick" hitboxes, the ones that ceiling KO you before the final hit even connects, more often than you'd believe!

Kirby has some cool things vs Sheik, but it's not in his favor! I could argue for it MAYBE being even if Kirby has her Needles, but that requires actually getting them. And if Kirby's increased weight means Dthrow->Upair is no longer a guaranteed kill (GUARANTEED, mind you, it wasn't an airdodge 50/50) then that might help. But aside from that, we already know why Sheik is a top tier, and Kirby isn't.

When I tried to list Kirby's winning/even/losing matchups many months ago (like, 5 months) I had ~6 characters as winning matchups. Why don't I just go through the entire tier list and show why I think he's bad.

S::4sheik::4zss::rosalina:
Kirby definitely loses to these dudes. All of them become surprisingly "more manageable" if he manages to Copy them, but again, Inhale is not a move you want to rely on in a high level tournament scenario. Despite the buffs it's gotten, it's still free damage if you make the wrong read, and Kirby's light weight does not agree with taking free damage.
High
A::4ryu::4pikachu::4sonic::4fox::4mario::4diddy::4metaknight:
Kirby loses to these. I can see arguments for Fox/Pikachu being maybe even, but the rest are nightmares. Their Copy powers also do little to help!
B::4villager::4cloud::4ness:
I'm not sure about Villager, but I can't think of any distinct advantages Kirby has in the MU, besides maybe stealing Pocket. Cloud is the usual "wins onstage, loses offstage" but Cloud wins onstage pretty hard. Ness is basically the same boat as Cloud, as far as Kirby is concerned.
Middle
C::4falcon::4yoshi:
Pretty close to even against Falcon. Definitely a loss against Yoshi. Kirby does not have an advantaged state in this matchup.
D::4luigi::4darkpit::4pit::4peach::4rob::4wario2::4tlink::4lucario:
Luigi wins, at least a little. I'm pretty sure Dthrow->Cyclone is still a true KO combo on Kirby, at specific percentages. Pits I'm not sure, I imagined they were close to even. Peach seems pretty even, and depending on how effective her technical high damage combos/infinites are, it might even be in Kirby's favor! ROB is evenish maybe. His attacks outspeeds/outranges us on the ground and air, so lol. He's combo food though. Wario feels even, until he Wafts. Toon Link, not sure. Lucario is a terrible matchup for Kirby, since he has no reliable way of ending stocks before Lucario becomes God.
E::4olimar::4greninja::4myfriends::4dk::4megaman::4pacman::4bowser::4robinm:
Olimar is a nightmare matchup, until Kirby gets the power, then it's Kirby's favor. So.. still a bad matchup, because it's extremely difficult to land Inhale on him. Greninja wins a little, the mobility is that important. Ike is a pretty even MU, I feel. Not sure how Ike's throw KO confirms work on Kirby though. DK beats Kirby for sure. Mega Man is... super annoying. Probably MM's favor, as per usual. Pacman seems evenish maybe. Kirby has to get close to Bowser to fight him, and his speed is slow. Just imagine how that matchup goes! Robin's projectiles are easy to get around, and his recovery is easy to edgeguard, but dthrow->levin Upair WRECKS Kirby, so the matchup's pretty even.

Low
F::4feroy::4kirby::4bowserjr::4gaw::4lucas::4mewtwo::4falco::4wiifit:
Not sure about Roy. Bowser Jr seems pretty even. G&W seems pretty even. Lucas seems pretty even. Mewtwo seems pretty even. Falco is annoying because all his moves come out faster and are disjointed, but also seems pretty even. WFT struggles against Kirby's crouch and combos and edgeguarding, and Kirby does very well with her power. Might be a winning matchup.
G::4shulk::4marth::4link::4duckhunt::4littlemac::4drmario:
Shulk is tough unless you get his power. Evenish though. Marth has always been a personal nightmare for me, and he just got major buffs, so I would say it's a very losing matchup. Link is pretty even, we can't land against him because Grab, we can gimp him and win in super-close CQC, but everywhere else we lose. Duck Hunt plays keepaway very well against Kirby. Little Mac ... maybe you can win if you just camp the ledge and wait? Dr Mario is pretty close to even, but his speed/power ratio is no joke!

Bottom
H::4dedede::4lucina:
Dedede loses to Kirby in most regards, but he takes so incredibly long to kill that he has a ton of opporunities to make up any deficit. Lucina is basically Marth.
I::4miibrawl::4charizard::4palutena:
Miis aren't real characters, Charizard seems evenish, Palutena seems evenish.
J::4samus::4miigun::4miisword::4ganondorf::4jigglypuff::4zelda:
Kirby uses Charge Shot better than Samus, and wins in CQC and combos her well, might be in his favor. Miis don't exist. Ganondorf is combo food, but amusingly, his Dtilt beats anything Kirby has on the ground, and his Upair beats anything he has in the air. It's a battle of extremes, I'd put it close to even. Jigglypuff wins in air-to-air, Kirby wins ground-to-ground, but the pace of the matchup feels like it's in Jigglypuff's favor because of air camping and stuff. Zelda idk. Playing really defensively against her is probably Kirby's victory.

Kirby's too "fair" of a character. He doesn't have any crazy stuff that makes it seem like "yes, Kirby definitely wins this matchup because (insert overwhelming trait here)!" The simple truth is, he has to suffer through his terrible neutral, rack up damage until usually 100% or higher, then land a smash, or knock them offstage and get a successful Bair/Dair, or get them even higher and then Bair, or Upthrow on a platform. He doesn't have any safe/early KO confirms, so any time he has an advantage in a matchup, the opponent will have multiple opportunities to even it back up.

That taken into account, I feel his matchups look something like this:

Possibly winning matchups (that I'm sure mains of these characters can argue against): :4peach::4wiifit::4samus::4zelda:

Pretty even matchups: :4pikachu::4fox::4falcon::4darkpit::4pit::4rob::4tlink::4myfriends::4megaman::4pacman::4robinm::4feroy::4bowserjr::4gaw::4lucas::4mewtwo::4falco::4shulk::4link::4littlemac::4drmario::4dedede::4charizard::4palutena::4ganondorf::4jigglypuff:

Losin'::4sheik::4zss::rosalina::4ryu::4sonic::4mario::4diddy::4metaknight::4villager::4cloud::4ness::4yoshi::4luigi::4wario2::4lucario::4olimar::4greninja::4dk::4bowser::4marth::4duckhunt::4lucina:

Feel free to ask me to elaborate on any of these if you're interested. Note that there are a few I don't know about. One example is listing Ike as an even matchup, but maybe Ike DOES have a guaranteed throw kill combo that I don't know about, but any time I've played an Ike, it's seemed that Upthrow sends me too far to followup with an aerial at kill range. Still, taking Kirby's strengths and weaknesses into account, I doubt there are any more "winning" matchups, and I could see some of the winning/even ones being worse than listed, etc.

Yes, I am pessimistic about this character. I was plenty optimistic about him for about the first 6 months of the game's life, but it's just obvious that he doesn't have what it takes to compete. He's gotten a slew of buffs, but they're targeting the wrong things. Yay 2 more weight! Yay ~2 more KBG on 4 moves!

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Because it's not!
Kirby players don't like to admit that the character's bad, but like... what are Kirby's WINNING matchups? I think he might, MAYBE, have 5. I used to list Mewtwo as a winning matchup, but that was before Mewtwo got great buffs, and even then it might have not been a winning MU.

Kirby players like to say they beat Fox. This is true, if Fox freely runs into your Uptilts. But he won't! Because his neutral is far better! Because he's fast!

Kirby vs ZSS is not even! Crouch is good against a lot of her moves, but you're not threatening anybody when you crouch! And she can still hit you with Dsmash, Dtilt, SideB, (well spaced) Nair, etc! And she kills you insanely quickly! Upair chain -> UpB kills Kirby with the "gimmick" hitboxes, the ones that ceiling KO you before the final hit even connects, more often than you'd believe!

Kirby has some cool things vs Sheik, but it's not in his favor! I could argue for it MAYBE being even if Kirby has her Needles, but that requires actually getting them. And if Kirby's increased weight means Dthrow->Upair is no longer a guaranteed kill (GUARANTEED, mind you, it wasn't an airdodge 50/50) then that might help. But aside from that, we already know why Sheik is a top tier, and Kirby isn't.

When I tried to list Kirby's winning/even/losing matchups many months ago (like, 5 months) I had ~6 characters as winning matchups. Why don't I just go through the entire tier list and show why I think he's bad.

Kirby definitely loses to these dudes. All of them become surprisingly "more manageable" if he manages to Copy them, but again, Inhale is not a move you want to rely on in a high level tournament scenario. Despite the buffs it's gotten, it's still free damage if you make the wrong read, and Kirby's light weight does not agree with taking free damage.
High
A::4ryu::4pikachu::4sonic::4fox::4mario::4diddy::4metaknight:
Kirby loses to these. I can see arguments for Fox/Pikachu being maybe even, but the rest are nightmares. Their Copy powers also do little to help!
B::4villager::4cloud::4ness:
I'm not sure about Villager, but I can't think of any distinct advantages Kirby has in the MU, besides maybe stealing Pocket. Cloud is the usual "wins onstage, loses offstage" but Cloud wins onstage pretty hard. Ness is basically the same boat as Cloud, as far as Kirby is concerned.
Middle
C::4falcon::4yoshi:
Pretty close to even against Falcon. Definitely a loss against Yoshi. Kirby does not have an advantaged state in this matchup.
D::4luigi::4darkpit::4pit::4peach::4rob::4wario2::4tlink::4lucario:
Luigi wins, at least a little. I'm pretty sure Dthrow->Cyclone is still a true KO combo on Kirby, at specific percentages. Pits I'm not sure, I imagined they were close to even. Peach seems pretty even, and depending on how effective her technical high damage combos/infinites are, it might even be in Kirby's favor! ROB is evenish maybe. His attacks outspeeds/outranges us on the ground and air, so lol. He's combo food though. Wario feels even, until he Wafts. Toon Link, not sure. Lucario is a terrible matchup for Kirby, since he has no reliable way of ending stocks before Lucario becomes God.
E::4olimar::4greninja::4myfriends::4dk::4megaman::4pacman::4bowser::4robinm:
Olimar is a nightmare matchup, until Kirby gets the power, then it's Kirby's favor. So.. still a bad matchup, because it's extremely difficult to land Inhale on him. Greninja wins a little, the mobility is that important. Ike is a pretty even MU, I feel. Not sure how Ike's throw KO confirms work on Kirby though. DK beats Kirby for sure. Mega Man is... super annoying. Probably MM's favor, as per usual. Pacman seems evenish maybe. Kirby has to get close to Bowser to fight him, and his speed is slow. Just imagine how that matchup goes! Robin's projectiles are easy to get around, and his recovery is easy to edgeguard, but dthrow->levin Upair WRECKS Kirby, so the matchup's pretty even.

Low
Not sure about Roy. Bowser Jr seems pretty even. G&W seems pretty even. Lucas seems pretty even. Mewtwo seems pretty even. Falco is annoying because all his moves come out faster and are disjointed, but also seems pretty even. WFT struggles against Kirby's crouch and combos and edgeguarding, and Kirby does very well with her power. Might be a winning matchup.
G::4shulk::4marth::4link::4duckhunt::4littlemac::4drmario:
Shulk is tough unless you get his power. Evenish though. Marth has always been a personal nightmare for me, and he just got major buffs, so I would say it's a very losing matchup. Link is pretty even, we can't land against him because Grab, we can gimp him and win in super-close CQC, but everywhere else we lose. Duck Hunt plays keepaway very well against Kirby. Little Mac ... maybe you can win if you just camp the ledge and wait? Dr Mario is pretty close to even, but his speed/power ratio is no joke!

Bottom
H::4dedede::4lucina:
Dedede loses to Kirby in most regards, but he takes so incredibly long to kill that he has a ton of opporunities to make up any deficit. Lucina is basically Marth.
I::4miibrawl::4charizard::4palutena:
Miis aren't real characters, Charizard seems evenish, Palutena seems evenish.
J::4samus::4miigun::4miisword::4ganondorf::4jigglypuff::4zelda:
Kirby uses Charge Shot better than Samus, and wins in CQC and combos her well, might be in his favor. Miis don't exist. Ganondorf is combo food, but amusingly, his Dtilt beats anything Kirby has on the ground, and his Upair beats anything he has in the air. It's a battle of extremes, I'd put it close to even. Jigglypuff wins in air-to-air, Kirby wins ground-to-ground, but the pace of the matchup feels like it's in Jigglypuff's favor because of air camping and stuff. Zelda idk. Playing really defensively against her is probably Kirby's victory.

Kirby's too "fair" of a character. He doesn't have any crazy stuff that makes it seem like "yes, Kirby definitely wins this matchup because (insert overwhelming trait here)!" The simple truth is, he has to suffer through his terrible neutral, rack up damage until usually 100% or higher, then land a smash, or knock them offstage and get a successful Bair/Dair, or get them even higher and then Bair, or Upthrow on a platform. He doesn't have any safe/early KO confirms, so any time he has an advantage in a matchup, the opponent will have multiple opportunities to even it back up.

That taken into account, I feel his matchups look something like this:

Possibly winning matchups (that I'm sure mains of these characters can argue against): :4peach::4wiifit::4samus::4zelda:

Pretty even matchups: :4pikachu::4fox::4falcon::4darkpit::4pit::4rob::4tlink::4myfriends::4megaman::4pacman::4robinm::4feroy::4bowserjr::4gaw::4lucas::4mewtwo::4falco::4shulk::4link::4littlemac::4drmario::4dedede::4charizard::4palutena::4ganondorf::4jigglypuff:

Losin'::4sheik::4zss::rosalina::4ryu::4sonic::4mario::4diddy::4metaknight::4villager::4cloud::4ness::4yoshi::4luigi::4wario2::4lucario::4olimar::4greninja::4dk::4bowser::4marth::4duckhunt::4lucina:

Feel free to ask me to elaborate on any of these if you're interested. Note that there are a few I don't know about. One example is listing Ike as an even matchup, but maybe Ike DOES have a guaranteed throw kill combo that I don't know about, but any time I've played an Ike, it's seemed that Upthrow sends me too far to followup with an aerial at kill range. Still, taking Kirby's strengths and weaknesses into account, I doubt there are any more "winning" matchups, and I could see some of the winning/even ones being worse than listed, etc.

Yes, I am pessimistic about this character. I was plenty optimistic about him for about the first 6 months of the game's life, but it's just obvious that he doesn't have what it takes to compete. He's gotten a slew of buffs, but they're targeting the wrong things. Yay 2 more weight! Yay ~2 more KBG on 4 moves!
Well Ike's Fair range just got increased, so its certainly a lot easier to land that out of Uthrow now. Nair works out of Uthrow as well now and has more vertical range than Uair did.

There would be a range where it was a true combo on Kirby before, I don't know how long that range was or if it was during kill percents or not. Rage messes with it as well.

Of course, he also has kill confirms out of raw Nairs now as well depending on the situation. He basically has lots of "kill confirm from X%-Y%, 50/50s for A%-B% range around that X/Y range" options. And more combos early on in stocks that do 35-45% damage.

Last edited:

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Inb4 people say his crouch is a crazy trait.

People need to realize Kirbys crouch only works as a read attempt. Sheik/ZSS/Fox/etc players need to stop autpiloting their tools and telling massive amounts of people that Kirby's crouch makes the matchup in Kirby's favor. The day that happens is the day people will realize how flawed Kirby is as a character. A BIG majority of his "viability" is the opponent either not knowing the matchup, playing bad, or being bad.

Kirby definitely loses to these dudes.
I also thought this statement was kinda funny lmao

Last edited:

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Uthrow to uair is never guaranteed on characters floatier than Mario if you DI away, but may be a 50/50. Uthrow->nair I haven't tested on Kirby, but I imagine it's very low rage only. Uthrow to fair can only guarantee death up to medium rage, around 70%. If you DI away, the fair kills much earlier and is guaranteed for a longer %.

Last edited:

Nah

Smash Champion
Asdioh Asdioh would you mind elaborating on the Robin-Kirby MU for me please? That's one MU I've never really liked for some reason and would like to hear more about.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Most top Kirbies say ZSS/Kirby is even. But I'd love for people to stop using crouch as the end-all-be-all for the argument. On either side - it's reductionist and annoying.

...Damn, I'd really like to see MikeKirby vs Nairo. Srsly, dude's the only one pushing the character.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Asdioh Asdioh would you mind elaborating on the Robin-Kirby MU for me please? That's one MU I've never really liked for some reason and would like to hear more about.
I think @Raziek could probably explain it better. It IS one matchup where Kirby's crouch is actually useful, though. We can duck all forms of Thunder on reaction, which means we shouldn't ever be trapped in shield vs Arcthunder. We also use Thunder better than Robin does. We can roll around Elfire, and usually can DI out of it as well (PK Fire is far easier to DI though)
Kirby's crouch, edgeguarding, Copy, and CQC make the matchup hard for Robin, but Kirby equally struggles against Levin aerials. I already pointed this out not long ago, but the overall startup on Robin's aerials is hilariously faster than Kirby's overall startup on aerials. Robin's shorthop autocancel windows are also more useful, with SH Fair being hard for Kirby to deal with. Robin doesn't land grabs very easily, but out of grabs/in general, he does more damage per hit than Kirby. Dthrow->Upair kills Kirby at like 80%, and Kirby's apparently one of the easiest characters to do it on.

Basically, in this matchup, sword > magic. I personally wouldn't even bother charging past Elthunder against Kirby, since you're almost never going to land the other thunder spells on him. Maybe Robin mains will disagree there, but yeah. I'd say the MU is pretty even.
...Damn, I'd really like to see MikeKirby vs Nairo. Srsly, dude's the only one pushing the character.
Apparently they went to last game last hit when they played each other a few months ago, but like... that's the BEST Kirby, and how much Kirby experience do you think Nairo had beforehand? And he still won. It's only going to get worse as he learns the matchup more.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I dunno, 1.1.3's movement buffs were pretty spot on in addressing Kirby's neutral, as was the uthrow for dealing with shields at kill percents. Maybe it wasn't enough, but it's something.

He's got a pretty well-rounded set of throws currently. Fthrow for low percent combos, dthrow for damage, uthrow for KOs and bthrow for edgeguards.

Something else that should be mentioned is that his smashes hit pretty damn hard for how fast they are. Not :kirby64: level (people love to rave about his utilt but his fsmash was pretty busted too), but can still claim stocks at good percents from relatively small mistakes. Compare that to Meta Knight, whose only moves that hit remotely as hard are his fsmash and Dimensional Cape, neither of which are quick to start. He's meant to be an easy character for young players, like his games, who can stone/hammer and smash other inexperienced players with relative ease plus not have to think too much about recovery with five jumps, while having hidden depth in his normals for players looking to take him to the next level.

The one consistent thing for him across all games past 64 though, even for the pile of junk that is :kirbymelee:, is fishing for bairs.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
I'm curious where people think :4mario: stands? I was watching some games with Ally's Mario
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltU09aKM8Dk
and he seems like a really good character in most situations (but it could be that Ally's so good). Sort of a jack of all trades high tier. Does he have any terrible losing MUs or strong advantages vs high tiers?

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Kirby's movement buffs didnt change anything about his neutral tbh. All it really does is allow him to cross FD like 10 frames sooner.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Apparently they went to last game last hit when they played each other a few months ago, but like... that's the BEST Kirby, and how much Kirby experience do you think Nairo had beforehand? And he still won. It's only going to get worse as he learns the matchup more.
MikeKirby is a high-level player, and Nairo is a top-level player... second-best in the WORLD. And those were the results all the same.

DblCrest

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DblCrest
3DS FC
0018-2708-3882
He's meant to be an easy character for young players, like his games, who can stone/hammer and smash other inexperienced players with relative ease plus not have to think too much about recovery with five jumps, while having hidden depth in his normals for players looking to take him to the next level.
Damn, I never even considered that in the past . I can only see him ending up in the middle somewhere if that's the case. Though I haven't seen much of him being played lately...which is understandable ^^;

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I dunno, 1.1.3's movement buffs were pretty spot on in addressing Kirby's neutral, as was the uthrow for dealing with shields at kill percents. Maybe it wasn't enough, but it's something.

He's got a pretty well-rounded set of throws currently. Fthrow for low percent combos, dthrow for damage, uthrow for KOs and bthrow for edgeguards.

Something else that should be mentioned is that his smashes hit pretty damn hard for how fast they are. Not :kirby64: level (people love to rave about his utilt but his fsmash was pretty busted too), but can still claim stocks at good percents from relatively small mistakes. Compare that to Meta Knight, whose only moves that hit remotely as hard are his fsmash and Dimensional Cape, neither of which are quick to start. He's meant to be an easy character for young players, like his games, who can stone/hammer and smash other inexperienced players with relative ease plus not have to think too much about recovery with five jumps, while having hidden depth in his normals for players looking to take him to the next level.

The one consistent thing for him across all games past 64 though, even for the pile of junk that is :kirbymelee:, is fishing for bairs.
I agree! Patches have done a lot for him, he's had most of his moveset buffed. I think he would be unquestionably bottom 5 if he hadn't been buffed by this point, especially since he would have no throw combos, and poor throw KO options. The Upthrow and runspeed changes were exactly what I wanted. In fact, back in November I wrote a notepad document with a wishlist of balance changes to the characters/game in general. I wrote it in notepad so I wouldn't go complaining on the internet :D
Here's the Kirby excerpt:

Kirby: Make Jab frame 2. It travels among the shortest distance of any Jab in the game, and it's attached to a CQC
fighter, so being top tier in speed (aside from Mac) makes sense. In addition, make the rapid jab connect more
reliably on floaty characters.

Increase running speed 1.5 -> 1.6 (same as Mario)

Slight increase to airspeed.

Decrease startup of Final Cutter frame 23 -> 15. Cut FAF to match. Make hit 2 (early) the same as hit 2 (late) so
that it no longer meteors. It is currently a ludicrously strong spike, but is unusable competitively due to its slow
startup. However, its startup cannot be buffed, since the spike is so strong. The solution to this catch-22 is to
make the move not spike, and then buff the startup time. This turns Final Cutter into a 2-hit combo, instead of 3-hit,
so the damage of hit 2 should be buffed to compensate. This also solves the problem of opponents being able to tech
the downward swipe of the move, and then punishing you for hitting them.

Dair landing lag decrease frame 17 -> 14. Dair->Dsmash is currently a KO combo, but only works on specific characters,
since some can land and powershield the Dsmash. This change makes the combo more reliable, and also makes Dair safer on shield. The counterplay to Dair still exists: it is not disjointed, so any attack can trade with, or beat it. It
still has 18 frames of startup, and is attached to a character with slow airspeed, so it's not hard to avoid.

Nair frame 10 -> 5 startup. Decrease FAF 73 -> 60, to make buffered Nairs less suicidy. Kirby lacks fast aerials, and
almost every Nair that's at least as slow as his is a disjoint. Meanwhile, almost every Nair that serves a similar
"sex kick" function as his is as fast as frame 3.

Upair: Disjoint on the foot. Kirby has a glaring lack of disjoints in the air, which makes his airgame far less
threatening than it should be, when combined with his slow speed. In addition, reduce the FAF of Upair by about 2
frames, because the move is sometimes unsafe on hit in the air.

Fair: Autocancel from shorthop.

Ftilt: Make the foot intangible. If DK can have this, why not Kirby? :D

Fthrow: Lower knockback growth, so it combos longer.

Upthrow: Increase KO power. Not as strong as Charizard, but it needs to be a reasonable KO option.

Mach Tornado: bugfix, currently does half as much damage as Meta Knight's

Inhale: should be at least as good as Wario/Dedede for Inhaling various objects wtf

Amusingly, the "problem" I listed with Final Cutter having to be slow because it's a situationally strong spike... is also present with Cloud's UpB, except that one starts on frame 7, rather than frame 23. ???

More fun facts I researched about his aerials:

Kirby's frame 10 Nair is slower than every non-disjointed Nair in the game. Tied with DK/ZSS.
Similar long-lasting Nairs are

Frame 3: Dr/Mario/Luigi, Falco, Pacman, Sheik, Villager, Yoshi
Frame 4: Pits, Fox, Wario
Frame 6: Duck Hunt, Jigglypuff, Meta Knight, Sonic, Zelda
Frame 7: Bowser Jr, Dedede, Link, Lucas, Mewtwo, Olimar
Frame 8: Bowser, Diddy Kong, Lucario
Frame 9: Charizard, Rosalina

Kirby's frame 10 Upair is slower than every similar backflip-kick Upair.

Frame 4: Mario/Doc,
Frame 5: Luigi
Frame 6: Ganondorf, Captain Falcon, Zero Suit Samus
Frame 7: Falco
Frame 9: Pacman

Every UpB with a hitbox, except Lucario, Sheik and Dedede, comes out faster than Kirby's.

Cloud aerials vs Kirby aerials:

Cloud startup: 52
Cloud FAF: 240
Cloud total damage from sweetspot/fullhit aerials: 60
Cloud shorthop autocancels: 3

Kirby startup: 54
Kirby FAF: 257
Kirby total damage from sweetspot/fullhit aerials: 53
Kirby shorthop autocancels: 2

Anyway yeah, Kirby's smashes are pretty fast/hard hitting, but they're also high risk, just like most smashes. I would glady trade Kirby's Fsmash for MK/Sonic Fsmash, which sacrfice startup for endlag. At least then he can have a smash that's safe on whiff.

MikeKirby is a high-level player, and Nairo is a top-level player... second-best in the WORLD. And those were the results all the same.
I wouldn't dismiss Mike, honestly. His play is incredibly patient and smart, and I think he'd be more of a well known player if he played a high tier. Again, we'll have to see the next time they play. Kirby's one of those characters that can seem hard, until you learn how to beat him.

Last edited:

meticulousboy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gradius_16
3DS FC
1005-8934-0229
I have always wondered something. Aside from tournament outcomes, does damage output determine the placement of characters on the tier list? I am essentially asking if it is ever taken into consideration. If yes, then I can understand. If not, why shouldn't it be? I mean, nerfs and buffs mean a lot.

Last edited:

Purin a.k.a. José

Smash Lord
NNID
purinsmash
3DS FC
1418-7121-0144
This amount of Even MUs are what make me think why Kirby is on the Middle. Obviously the lack of results make him fall, but I think what holds him back the most is the amount of losing High-Tier MUs. However, they are not that huge of losses (I mean, by that, around 45:55 or 40:60). What also holds him back in my opinion (when it comes to archetype) is the lack of range, air speed (around PM's would be enough), and trouble killing (while exceling at racking damage). He doesn't even need all three to help him.
He can deal with many things very well, even than most would expect. Kirby benefits of patience, punishment and reads in general. But it is quite a uphill battle to take a stock of a smart opponent.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Kirby's movement buffs didnt change anything about his neutral tbh. All it really does is allow him to cross FD like 10 frames sooner.
See that's the thing, what can you really give Kirby that doesn't exist somewhere else? Better airspeed? Nope, that's Jigglypuff's thing. Disjoints and ultrafast aerials? Meta Knight (also even more ground speed). It's the same logic with some customs: why does Mii Gunner have better homing missiles than Samus? Because Samus has even better homing missiles with Relentless.

Speaking of Meta Knight, he's pretty much Kirby's foil in that inexperienced players likely won't do well with him at all, but can be taken much further if you put the time into him.

Amusingly, the "problem" I listed with Final Cutter having to be slow because it's a situationally strong spike... is also present with Cloud's UpB, except that one starts on frame 7, rather than frame 23. ???

More fun facts I researched about his aerials:

Kirby's frame 10 Nair is slower than every non-disjointed Nair in the game. Tied with DK/ZSS.
Similar long-lasting Nairs are

Frame 3: Dr/Mario/Luigi, Falco, Pacman, Sheik, Villager, Yoshi
Frame 4: Pits, Fox, Wario
Frame 6: Duck Hunt, Jigglypuff, Meta Knight, Sonic, Zelda
Frame 7: Bowser Jr, Dedede, Link, Lucas, Mewtwo, Olimar
Frame 8: Bowser, Diddy Kong, Lucario
Frame 9: Charizard, Rosalina

Kirby's frame 10 Upair is slower than every similar backflip-kick Upair.

Frame 4: Mario/Doc,
Frame 5: Luigi
Frame 6: Ganondorf, Captain Falcon, Zero Suit Samus
Frame 7: Falco
Frame 9: Pacman

Every UpB with a hitbox, except Lucario, Sheik and Dedede, comes out faster than Kirby's.

Cloud aerials vs Kirby aerials:

Cloud startup: 52
Cloud FAF: 240
Cloud total damage from sweetspot/fullhit aerials: 60
Cloud shorthop autocancels: 3

Kirby startup: 54
Kirby FAF: 257
Kirby total damage from sweetspot/fullhit aerials: 53
Kirby shorthop autocancels: 2

Anyway yeah, Kirby's smashes are pretty fast/hard hitting, but they're also high risk, just like most smashes. I would glady trade Kirby's Fsmash for MK/Sonic Fsmash, which sacrfice startup for endlag. At least then he can have a smash that's safe on whiff.

I wouldn't dismiss Mike, honestly. His play is incredibly patient and smart, and I think he'd be more of a well known player if he played a high tier. Again, we'll have to see the next time they play. Kirby's one of those characters that can seem hard, until you learn how to beat him.
But Final Cutter generates a projectile unlike Climhazzard :O. Seriously though, the custom dilemma strikes again: a faster up b exists in Upper Cutter.

His aerials all have very low landing lag despite having some startup, perhaps to further emphasize ease of use for younger players by not worrying as much about using an aerial at the wrong time (and also to differentiate him from MK and Jiggly). He's essentially the :samus2: of this game in that regard.

So, is this the point where we realize he won't ever be competitively relevant without something like 64 utilt?

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Most top Kirbies say ZSS/Kirby is even. But I'd love for people to stop using crouch as the end-all-be-all for the argument. On either side - it's reductionist and annoying.
I feel the same about the WFT/Kirby match up because John Numbers believes that's her worst match up. Personally, I don't see it. "Well, he's short." Yes but a lot of Wii Fit's hitboxes were fixed over the summer so I don't see the match up as just trying to land hits and grabs anymore. I personally think Metaknight and Pikachu are worse. Metaknight is basically Kirby 2.0 with better off stage options, better recovery, and better follow up options. Metaknight getting under Wii Fit is disastrous and is one of the few characters who genuinely DGAF about Wii Fit's ledge and offstage game. I'd argue Pikachu's bad for most of the same reasons, made even worse by the fact that Pikachu can just spam thunder jolt to pretty much neutralize anything Wii Fit might want to do on the edge.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Just dropping in to say the only reason Kirby is ever winning is due to match-up inexperience. That's literally it. Unless you outplay your opponent to the extreme (read: unless you're MikeKirby), you're never going to win any relevant match-ups.

It's painfully obvious when somebody has experience in the match-up, as Kirby can literally NEVER approach. He's just swatted away every time he gets close.

I guess Kirby's done with Smash, too. Whenever he's star KO'd he's just like "YYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!".

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
TTTTTsd TTTTTsd So hey, about your second Fei Long post, wouldn't you agree that another underdeveloped character, in terms of Smash 4's meta at least, would be Link? Maybe characters like Samus and Ganondorf could apply too?

For all we know, the aforementioned characters could be far better than they actually are listed. Even at this stage of the game, everyone's MU experience and whatnot is still very limited all due to the DLC and patches, so definitive answers can't be known, right?

Of course, once we go further and people aren't chicken **** about going off stage to the point where we will successfully have metas where off stage battles are a thing, we'll have new things to explore. Right now, quite a bit of people are afraid to commit off stage with their characters at the risk of losing a stock; this is especially evident to Ryu players, who just need to stay near that ledge and can't commit. At least Little Mac players commit off stage, but Ryu players are just chicken.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Let's be clear about something:

Zelda bair is the single strongest (non-special) aerial in the entire game, by any metric.

It also hits on frame 6.

This means its knockback-relative-to-startup is chart-topping; the only competition is extreme-case moves like Rising Uppercut, Rest, and Boost Kick, which have far less range and far more endlag.

Zelda fair, which is weaker and hits a whole 50% later, is still incomparably stronger than any other aerial you can consider; even the knee.

Yeah, the knee has a much better sourspot and late hitbox. It also doesn't hit until frame 14, has 5/7 frames more landing lag, and 6/8 frames less safety on block. It also can't be done out of SHAD.

Zelda bair (and its little brother fair) is an extreme proposition: You get the strongest aerial in the game, at an absurdly fast startup, decent range, and workable landing lag. The price you pay for this (again: the best) is a strict hitbox, dismal sourspots, and a poor autocancel.

What holds this monstrocity back is not the weaknesses of the move itself, but the context of it being held in check by a 6f jumpsquat, average airspeed, and a moveset that provides no reliable mixups leading into it.
I know, but the risk is just way too damn high. Zelda's Fair and Bair are lottery tickets compared to Falco, Luigi, Mega Man?, and Wii Fit Trainer's Bair, the other aerials, the runner-ups, with low startup, but high knockback and damage. I'm not asking for her Fair and Bair to have good auto-cancel or landing lag as that would just promote the most degenerate hopped aerial game in the entire fighting games history, but asking for their sour-spots to be move from negative to slightly positive reward. Not asking for their sour-spot and late hits to suddenly go from say, "-100%" on-hit to "100%" on-hit, but something like Captain Falcon's sour and late Fair or even Lucas's sour and late Fair where she can at least push you away for a bit. If we go with the Captain Falcon sour and late hit route, then all she needs is +25 base knockback. It would lower the risk, but not drastically lower the risk.

Zelda's Fair and Bair are also held back by the fact in Smash, movement is much more flexible than in other fighting games. Zelda's Fair and Bair in Street Fighter? Welp, prepare to potentially welcome your new Hylian overlady. Add in input lag and add in an average player and her Fair and Bair are just unwieldy. You're not supposed to be playing snipe a penny with a flintlock pistol a mile away or a rigged shooting gallery if rigging is used as a metaphor for lag. You're supposed to be playing Smash, a fun game anyone can pick up and play. If Zelda only had Bair as a sweet-spot aerial of that risk and reward while Dair can stay as is since it's still technically another spike Dair and Fair became something, I don't know... more usable, then whatever, but right now, it's kind of absurd she has 2 sweet-spot aerials with that kind of risk and reward.

Also, she has setups with Fair and Bair. They're not reliable, but neither are Captain Falcon's setups with Fair where you're required to use an Uair low to the ground or buffer D-throw correctly and at the right percents? With setups, startup matters less at times since Captain Falcon can setup a frame 14, pretty much instant kill move, DK can setup a frame 18 Fair through cargo U-throw, Dr. Mario can setup Fair from a D-throw at the right percents, Greninja can setup a frame 16 Fair through Dtilt and D-throw, and Ike can consistently setup frame +11 moves. All, except for the Capt.'s Fair, have extremely forgiving hitboxes for pure damage and kill and all, including the Capt.'s Fair, if they do have sour-spots, are also more forgiving than Zelda's Fair and Bair while dishing out some percents less than the sweet-spots or enough damage and knockback to keep them safe. They will never touch her in terms of startup / damage and knockback, but their risk is less of tiny sweet-spots and horrible sour-spots and more of slow moves.

Low
To clarify, Falco only has 4 disjoints you'll need to worry about, technically 5, but that's his legs growing and shrinking back to normal size during Down Smash for some reason... not as noticeable as Fox's, though, but anyway... So, for those 4, 2 of them are "projectiles", quotes are there because Reflector is considered a projectile even though it's now while the other is of course, his Blaster. The other 2 is Dtilt and Fair. Dtilt's range I would guess is probably around Marth's Dtilt... Yeah... I don't know why, especially since they bothered to change the animation from Melee and Brawl while Fox kept his... It's disjointed about a 1/3 of where his tail ends. Fair's slightly disjointed in the air while landing Fair is heavily disjointed since it does not match the landing animation at all. Falco just lays there while a hitbox is placed in front of him. Nair's last hit is also slightly disjointed, but that's pretty much it. If you have a disjoint, if you out-range him, or if you can just get in before he can hit you, you're fine and sadly... Kirby runs faster than Falco. Just don't do predictable aerials anymore since he'll call upon Charlie Nash's old self and Somersault Shell you.

Anyway, thinking this might be "unintentional" to Bayonetta's Witch Time. Also, Bat Within should really not be slowing people down if in her games, all it does is push people back and negate the damage she takes.
And holding down neutral Special = Charge Bullet. :p

Anyway, people who've played Bayonetta enough or recently to remember, but when you activated Witch Time in her games, you were invincible during it, right? Or could you still get hit which makes sense, but you'd have to be distracted to not see an attack flying at you 5 centimeters per second. If it's the former, then I honestly think this is an oversight.

Is Witch Time too good in Smash? Perhaps. Should hitboxes end during Witch Time? I say yes only if in her games hitboxes are not active during Witch Time. If they are, then if they can code in something so that Witch Time in Smash lowers the priority of the opponent's hitboxes to as low as possible, then that would be fine too. To compensate, I don't think Bat Within should make the opponent slow down... Pretty sure in Bayonetta if you failed a Witch Time and Bat Within activated, all that happened was your enemy would be pushed back and you took no damage; http://bayonetta.wikia.com/wiki/Bat_Within. Because rolls exist in Smash... Maybe Bat Within should have windboxes instead... Imagine gimping characters like Ike and Little Mac because you just dodged. Brawl Ike Quick Draw nightmares, right? :p

Last edited:

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
Well, I'm going to post a tier list...soon. I'm going to make three of them, actually. One with all of the characters (my true preliminary tier list), one without Corrin and Bayonetta, and one that is without the DLC fighters.

But to just do something here, I'm just going to say this:
Kirby is actually a strong teammate for Bayonetta, by theory. He can whip out U-Air and U-Tilt like it was nothing or bring out his aerial attacks and deal higher damage with Bayonetta. Bayo can also set up into kill attacks with Kirby's Hammer as the final hit.

In other words, Bayonetta + anyone may as well just be called the "Wombo Combo Duo" or something.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Are all the dlc characters released after June (AFTER) like the best characters for doubles?

Last edited:

Eisen

Smash Ace
NNID
AndroidPolaris
What does having repetitive combos have to do with a character's viability? Why does it matter as long as they are effective?
Not that it matters at this point to reply, but all I was saying is that her main strings have sort of obvious starts. Which... I'm gonna say now her frame data is good enough to where that won't be an issue, but to illustrate the point I had in mind, imagine if literally the only thing 1.0 Diddy had going for him was hoo ha. Everyone would know to look for grab setups.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Only if you're Bayonetta, really.
Before that, it was Cloud, but now he's just obsolete to Bayonetta.
On this thought, the Bayo/Cloud match up does seem really bad from a basic standpoint.If you have a bad offstage game or, worse, a recovery that doesn't autosnap the ledge, you're in for a world of hurt. People are saying that utilt alone trumps all his aerials too. Something I'm curious about is if Bayo can hard punish cross slash with witch time if all the slashes aren't perfect? Already seen several videos of Bayo hard punishing finishing touch with witch time and then doing whatever the hell she wants while he stands there with his sword in the air like a doof.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
Fun fact: Bayonetta can escape Cross Slash with Bat Within shenanigans. Even the last hit of the Limit version! Try it yourself. It's extremely dumb.

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
Fun fact: Bayonetta can escape Cross Slash with Bat Within shenanigans. Even the last hit of the Limit version! Try it yourself. It's extremely dumb.
I just did this at avg Limit Side-B Kill % and couldn't escape it (87%)

You sure it's not just at low % where using Limit Side-B is a bad idea anyways?

I'll keep trying but I'm doubtful this works at actual kill %s. Not shocked that you can do it out of regular Side-B though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom