• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

$400 POT BONUS Raging Storm El Paso 2010: Border Wars! 2/27-28/2010 El Paso,TX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blood_Hawk

Smash Lord
Can't wait =] I just hope wobbles and the people riding with him are able to make it!
Yeah..... about that. Wobbles car has bad tires and he said he's not going to be able to get new ones so he doesn't want to chance driving. My car has an electrical problem I'm getting looked at tomorrow, so depending on how much it's going to set me back, I might be able to drive. That seems to be our groups only hope of going.

I'll try my best but no promises. :dizzy:

tw1n

Smash Champion
Well he needs 2 new tires right? At roughly $80 a piece, if all 5 of you were to split the bill with agreement of payback, that'd be $32 a person. So I think the 5 of you should split the bill for the tires for now. It's be worth it =]

Or get the electrical problem fixed lol. What exctly is going wrong with your car tho?

Blood_Hawk

Smash Lord
It's with the power windows. They won't roll down and the AC is on the fritz ATM as well, so it'd be a pretty miserable ride without some type of climate control. If it costs too much to get fixed, I won't be able to go anyway.

Arms

Smash Rookie
Name: Patrick/Arms
Games: TvC and either melee or brawl singles ( haven't decided which yet D: )
Setup: no

Also @ Casey - NO U DA MEGA HOMO

wraith55

Smash Apprentice
Hey I'm signing up myself and one friend and we are both confirmed. One other friend may come.

Name: Ronald/Roro
Games: Melee singles/ possibly doubles

Name: Rahul/Fume
Games: Melee singles/possibly doubles

tw1n

Smash Champion
It's with the power windows. They won't roll down and the AC is on the fritz ATM as well, so it'd be a pretty miserable ride without some type of climate control. If it costs too much to get fixed, I won't be able to go anyway.
That blows dude =[ I've done long drives like that. They're manageable but annoying. Did you checkthe fuses? More often then not its just a fuse gone bad. Which is normally less than $10 to replace.

Yay Rahul is coming =]

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
I have some good news and bad news!!! This will be reflected in a manner of minutes!!!

TOURNAMENT IS STILL "GO" THOUGH!!! SO NO WORRIES!!!

tw1n

Smash Champion
Likewise. I can't even meet up with my girlfriend for fear of what this news is! Let it out man!

Edit: So I am assuming no news for now then? Especially since he logged off lol. Alas... I shall go without the news until later.

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
I have some good news and bad news!!! This will be reflected in a manner of minutes!!!

TOURNAMENT IS STILL "GO" THOUGH!!! SO NO WORRIES!!!
Okay quoting myself here.

LET'S START WITH...

THE BAD NEWS:

- I won't be flying in to town until Friday night (leaving Milwaukee, WI @ 6:45pm arriving in El Paso @ 11pm). So that means all Friday events are canceled. :(

- Venue fee went up to $10! :( That's $3 you could have used for MM or food and/drink elsewhere (hopefully @ the venue). This is DEFINITELY MY FAULT, and I should have announced this part sooner. Sucks I had so much going on at once last weekend. I'm very sorry if this put anyone at an inconvenience.

- I am on the verge of losing my voice. And it usually takes me a week to feel better. So there won't be an EPIC YELLING this tournament. Infact I may need some of yous to help me call matches. :( I'll have a loud speaker though.

THE GOOD NEWS:

- I'M GOING TO FREAKING YELL ANYWAYS UNTIL I COMPLETELY LOSE MY ****ING VOICE TO MAKE **** SURE THIS TOURNEY IS MAAAAAAD HYPE!!!

- THE GUARANTEED POT BONUS MONEY ($400) IS STILL IN TACT AND READY TO GIVE AWAY! THERE IS A HIDDEN SURPRISE FOR OUR WINNERS OF THE SMASH TOURNAMENTS. ;)

- WE HAVE EVEN MORE TIME AT THE VENUE TO USE TO MAKE **** SURE EVERYTHING GETS DONE FAST AND EFFECTIVELY.

* SO PLEASE CHECK THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATED DETAILS!!!

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
To me the worst news is that low tiers won't happen :( let's try our hardest to fit them in much harder than crews because those always take up to much time at least 1 tv would be taken up for the whole day and the people in crews are always the people still in tournies.

edit: whats the new's on AZ?

AXE 09

Smash Master
shoot man that sux. so we can't go on friday? poop ='( i need to play some melee... i love melee too much lol

i'm definitely still coming, but i MIGHT be the only one coming from AZ if blood hawk or wobbles cant get their cars fixed. man i really hope you guys should still make it

@Arms: you should enter in both =D or if you really REALLY can only enter in one of them, you should definitely play Melee =)

tw1n

Smash Champion
Two AZ smashers, One Dekar?
Sounds hot and sexy right there =]

Ya how are the car problems coming along? Tough it out and make the drive haha =] Then make enough money at the tourney to fix any problems. I think Wab should do that too lol Ride with you here and win a good amount of money to fix his tires. 1st in melee singles ~$100 and 1st in melee teams ~$100 (hopefully) and 2nd in brawl ~$who cares its more money!!!

WokeR

Smash Apprentice
So I'm curious, how do you and Borre (spelling?) compare with the rest of juarez and the rest of mexico (the other twins, eddie mexico, etc)?

I'm interested in meeting you guys :D

:link:
Borre is the best Falco in Chihuahua. I am just a flashy Samus with experience in tournaments, like the Smash Mex.

Nothing close to the twins though, they are monsters.

And I'm very excited about this tournament, meeting people like Axe will be amazing.

Maybe Axe, you and your brother can come on Friday. We will be playing melee, 3pm to 8pm.

You should ask ArturitoBurrito or FuriousDuffman what you need, they came to my tournament in November.

gamesuxcard

Smash Journeyman
Okay, so I wanna get my opinion out on the all standing chain grabs are banned thing.

Now, I think this rule is correct for some grab stuff that's infinite, to name a few:
DDD on a handfull of characters
Marth on EB kids
ZSS on squirtle
etc

However, I don't think banning all chain grabs is reasonable. All of pikas buffered standing cgs are very very percent specific. The matchup against snake without these chaingrbs is an entirely different game, because at the beginning of a match the snake plays way different and will go to the extent to hold a gernande, not to mention depending on where he is on the map he can just drop one mid cg and get out.

I can understand these wanting to me LIMITED like a limit of five and then no re grab but banning them seems pretty out of the question to me.

Anyone heavily disagree?

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
not scared of a mouse. If its not limited nationally i dont think it should be here.
NM needs to bring Kash. tell him my wolf is sicker than his

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
I agree with Isaccard on this one. Plus it's pikachu, how bad can he be compared to snake and MK? :p

WokeR said:
Borre is the best Falco in Chihuahua. I am just a flashy Samus with experience in tournaments, like the Smash Mex.

Nothing close to the twins though, they are monsters.

And I'm very excited about this tournament, meeting people like Axe will be amazing.

Maybe Axe, you and your brother can come on Friday. We will be playing melee, 3pm to 8pm.

You should ask ArturitoBurrito or FuriousDuffman what you need, they came to my tournament in November.
My twin and I will do a teams match against the Mexico twins. That would be great haha!

But wow that's cool. How big is your guys' competitive scene? I know Mexico in general is pretty good but I'm not sure about Chihuahua or specific locations.

Oh and my brother and I work all day friday :( so we won't be arriving till 3 am or so Saturday morning.

And I know you're excited to meet Axe, most people are. But you aren;'t excited to meet the New Mexico twins!? For shame (see sig link)

Lol I'm just kidding bro :p

:link:

wraith55

Smash Apprentice
We should still do a crew battle. Doesn't have to be official or anything, but I've seriously always wanted to be a part of a crew battle.

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
Guys (and gals lol)...

Just wanted to give you guys an update on the pre registration list:

Raging Storm El Paso 2010: Border Wars

Pre Registration List:

SSBB Singles

- devildigimon (WI)
- tekkie the lucky rabbit (NM)
- furiousduffmanx (TX)
- arturitoburrito (TX)
- blood hawk (AZ)
- zman (NM)
- tetsuya (TX)
- isaccard (NM)
- dekar (NM)
- jt! (NM)
- darklink (AZ)
- dark shifter (AZ)

SSBB Doubles

- furiousduffmanx (TX)
- arturitoburrito (TX)
- blood hawk (AZ)
- zman (NM)
- tetsuya (TX)
- isaccard (NM)
- dekar (NM)
- jt! (NM)
- darklink (AZ)
- dark shifter (AZ)

SSBM Singles

- devildigimon (WI)
- twin_a (NM)
- borre (NM)
- forkgirl (TX)
- furiousduffmanx (TX)
- erich (NM)
- tw1n (NM)
- tetsuya (TX)
- axe (AZ)
- havox (NM)
- woker (Mexico)
- rahul (NM)
- roro (NM)
- caveman (TX)

SSBM Doubles

- twin_a (NM)
- borre (NM)
- forkgirl (TX)
- erich (NM)
- tw1n (NM)
- axe (AZ)
- woker (Mexico)
- rahul (NM) *maybe*
- roro (NM) *maybe*
- caveman (TX)

SSBB +

- devildigimon (WI)

TVC: UAS

- devildigimon (WI)
- arms (NM)
- zman (NM)

Full Setup Confirmations:

- devildigimon (ALL SMASH/SF4/T6/ALL SNK *except KOF12/Rev 3)
- twin_a (SSBM)
- forkgirl (SSBM)
- erich (SSBM)
- tw1n (SSBM)
- arturitoburrito (SSBB/SSBM)
- tetsuya (SSBB/SSBM)
- caveman (SSBM) *maybe*
LET'S GET THIS HYPE FOLKS!!! DON'T LEAVE HOME WITHOUT YOUR "A" GAME!!!

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
So all this time I wasn't registered :( Thanks for posting that reminder, Devildigimon. I apologize for the last-minute notice.

Name: Neil (Sliraobe God)
Games: Melee singles/ possibly doubles
Setup: Guaranteed 1 wii w/ melee, I am currently figuring out the TV situation (potentially 3)

wraith55

Smash Apprentice
Hey I'm just confirming that I (along with my friend Rahul) am staying with Arturito Burrito tonight?
Artie: I will call you later probably when I get into El Paso. Thanks for letting us stay with you man. My name is Ronald by the way.
If this is incorrect someone please text me 505-459-8577 where I should be headed. If I don't get anything I'm just going to head to A/B's for the night, I probably won't get in until like 10:30 or 11.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom