• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

4/25/09 Gigabits and SilverMineSubs Brawl Tournament #10 An April Brawl

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
afro, i will put $50 that you will not beat my gw with mk. it can be your farewell MM before you retire. don't lose though, you don't wanna go out like that now do u?

I base my knowledge of the snake/gw matchup from other GW mains, not just myself. ask any of them how bad the matchup is.

and Galax... stfu, you don't even know me like that, don't jump on the SFL bandwagon and bash me.

afro, don't underestimate me, i will take your money.

GW: Matchups.
Marth - 35/65
Snake - 35/65
Metaknight - 40/60
Diddy - 40/60
DK - 50/50
Wario - 50/50
ZSS - 50/50

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
why is everyone so angry and xyz we've done gw vs mk and its pretty hard for gw, im sure that even though afro may not know that matchup, once he adapts you won't win because you've seen how gay that match is....

so everyone should just drop it, if you feel like its that much of a disadvantage just pick up d3 don't say anything else but me chops and afro know how to fight that character well (even if we stlll lose to him) anyways point is you still have to play better (smarter) than us to win its not as easy as it looks

Caps05

Smash Cadet
lol you guys are halarious. And I like how the one time i get shoutouts its to the tourney i couldnt make.....

....*******s

-Spike-

Smash Ace
Like I said b4. Drop all the drama and beef. All this doesnt change the fact that my tie was too beast!

Plus:

XyZ= Hes cool as hell
Chops= Hes cool as hell
Afro= Hes cool as hell

In summary, yall all cool as hell and if you wanna settle do it on WIFI!!! LOL, nah but just play each other and stop bashing.

And randomn people stop jumping in and bashing XYZ! If your gonna comment, do so in an appropriate manner like Hrnut did.

~This service announcement has been brought to you by Spike

Shoutout to Polmex: "DAYUUUMMMM"! I love that XD

Mickey69

Smash Apprentice
Yeah yall should stop bashin the dude, real talk XYZ your GaW is good but you need to realize the same strategy you use on one character might not work on the other...why don't you just shield grab the **** outta snake. Brawl is like 30% skill 70% smarts so it comes down to whos more clever and whos a fast thinker. I know everything on how to kill snake so next time we meet I gotchu if anything.

mind games... BAM!
MATAAAAAAAAAAAA I KNEW I FORGOT A SHOUT OUT

Nice PT man they gettin beast keep it up, keep repping the low tiers like me we'll be up there!!

and spike my sonic doll ***** ur tie <.<

Gindler

Smash Champion
im pretty sure GaW can take snake on...there are much worse matchups than that...for instance sonic vs snake...but i still **** snakes with him =]
Mind Games son
I saw caps 2 stock tony's snake with Gdub (true story)

Sonic vs snake is almost as bad as yoshi vs. snake.........heavy ***terd

AfroQT

Smash Master
afro, i will put $50 that you will not beat my gw with mk. it can be your farewell MM before you retire. don't lose though, you don't wanna go out like that now do u?

I base my knowledge of the snake/gw matchup from other GW mains, not just myself. ask any of them how bad the matchup is.

and Galax... stfu, you don't even know me like that, don't jump on the SFL bandwagon and bash me.

afro, don't underestimate me, i will take your money.

GW: Matchups.
Marth - 35/65
Snake - 35/65
Metaknight - 40/60
Diddy - 40/60
DK - 50/50
Wario - 50/50
ZSS - 50/50
I like how you took those from the GaW boards which is full of people that DONT EVEN ATTEND TOURNAMENTS and not to mention people that arent even good to begin with talking abou tmatchups. AKA is a board of complainers.

LOL your gonnab e pissed when you give me 50...You really think your on my level, w/e im just gonna have to humble you and make you understand that you arent even close. 50 it is then.

AfroQT

Smash Master
xyz best 4/7 and we can do it this melee gigs, i'll bring a brawlsetup..i hate bringing brawl into a melee tourney but seeing as i dont plan on attending anymore brawl tourneys in FL it'll have to be here.

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
i actually do know you xyz. hahaha.
you know of me, but you don't know me like that.

afro, you have no clue about the people that put that list together, but yeah... i'm just a noob to you, im no where near your level, so this will be a easy $50 bucks to you, good luck.

AfroQT

Smash Master
you know of me, but you don't know me like that.

afro, you have no clue about the people that put that list together, but yeah... i'm just a noob to you, im no where near your level, so this will be a easy $50 bucks to you, good luck.
I dont think your a noob. And i don't know everyone who helped put that list together, but i'll bet that 90% of it were people that dont even attend tourneys OR people who arent even good.

I dont think your a noob i just dont think your as good as your hyping yourself. You seem to think i only beat you cuz i used snake. That i cant play any character as good as my snake if i really wanted to, ESPECIALLY mk. So w/e im not gonna talk about it, im just gonnas how you.

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
I dont think your a noob. And i don't know everyone who helped put that list together, but i'll bet that 90% of it were people that dont even attend tourneys OR people who arent even good.

I dont think your a noob i just dont think your as good as your hyping yourself. You seem to think i only beat you cuz i used snake. That i cant play any character as good as my snake if i really wanted to, ESPECIALLY mk. So w/e im not gonna talk about it, im just gonnas how you.
Very wrong my friend, no where in my post history have I ever stated that the only reason I lose to top players or you is because they use snake...
I'm simply stating that the match is very tough for gw, thats all, but I can't state that w/o getting the 3 muskateers up my a$$

I know you can play snake/wario/mk very good, and im not questioning that, hell im rooting for you on our money match because you are infact the better player. but I don't back down from a challenge, and I will give it my all to prove my point.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
i think i got 9th... and i lost to snakes again...CO18 is going to show me the ways of the DDD.

its funny how no one believes that GW is no match for a snake of high skill.
a GW of low skill is no match for a snake of high skill

Fact: The boards are full of idiots. In the falco boards, I told them GaW vs Falco was even and they kept on insisting it was 65:35. Turns out they now think it's 50:50

Seibrik... no. you will not beat HRNUT's snake with gw. I will put $50 on that you will not beat Radix's snake with gw... i'll be $20 on that. you will not beat co18's snake, i'll put money on that.
Seibrik, take this bet then get HRnut to lose on purpose and you both can split the $50, then do the same with Radix. free $35.

Once you get use to GaW broken-lingering hitboxes, he doesn't have too much to work with.
Like I said before, I guess GaW is just a bad character.

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master

Seibrik, take this bet then get HRnut to lose on purpose and you both can split the $50, then do the same with Radix. free $30.

what do i get out of this if i win xyz?? purposely losing to seibrik and splitting is looking pretty good to me lol

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
who cares about all this squabbling

my GW is gonna be the best soon anyway :laugh:

/sarcasm

T3h Albino

Smash Master
GandW is high tier
not top
he takes a lot of ****ing reading/prediction and a overall knowledge of the game
that few players have.

OverLade

Smash Hero
10 cents.
GandW is high tier
not top
Yes.

im pretty sure GaW can take snake on...there are much worse matchups than that...for instance sonic vs snake...but i still **** snakes with him =]
Mind Games son
Sonic vs. Snake is actually probably pretty even. I hate when low tier players say "I JUST BEAT YOU WITH X CHARACTER", when X character actually isn't bad if you know how to use him.....

I like how you took those from the GaW boards which is full of people that DONT EVEN ATTEND TOURNAMENTS and not to mention people that arent even good to begin with talking abou tmatchups. AKA is a board of complainers.
All the boards are like that probably minus the MK and Marth boards XD. I dont even bother posting on boards because people who know nothing about the game will reply with Advice they definetly read somewhere and havent experienced first hand....

Fact: The boards are full of idiots. In the falco boards, I told them GaW vs Falco was even and they kept on insisting it was 65:35. Turns out they now think it's 50:50
Once you get use to GaW broken-lingering hitboxes, he doesn't have too much to work with.
GaW as a character doesnt have much to work with. He does have some pretty decent game on snake, but I'd still say its about 60/40 in snakes favor, though I think at the highest level it becomes far more difficult for GaW to kill a snake. Fair isn't going to do much to a snake with good DI till absurd percents, while GaW even with Bucket bracking will wont live much longer than 120%.

Top Bottom