• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3DS Community Patch Notes v1.0.4 -- Engine Changes to DI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Falco grounded laser speed is SIGNIFICANTLY increased. Like, almost twice as fast. Lag to put the gun away seems pretty similar though.

Falco fair has changed quite a lot; characters don't get sucked in anymore, and get hit further and higher than before. This makes it better for killing but worse for gimping. This is really obvious too.

I think dair has slightly less start up, but this change seems less clear.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Fair losing the gimping sucks... guess it was kinda cheesy against a lot of characters.
yeah, single hits don't spike on it anymore.

Seems like multi hit moves that had spiking properties have been tuned out a lot?

Also not seeing laser being that much faster, but eh, probably could be 10 frames shorter, it was still horrendous.

Could see down air being a tad bit faster too.

Last edited:

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Marth's down throw and forward throw are combo throws [now].
REJOICE.

Down Throw -> Up air comboing up until 80%.
CHUGGA CHUGGA.
I know I said I wouldn't post anymore but holy cow that's a massive buff!

That deeply empowers Marth and now makes future patches very mind boggling as seemly anything is possible.... This could very easily help push him into high tier.

Jabejazz

Smash Ace
NNID
jabejazz
3DS FC
2079-8507-3496
Multi hit spiking properties have been universally removed it seems.

RIP TripleD UAir chaingrab

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I know I said I wouldn't post anymore but holy cow that's a massive buff!

That deeply empowers Marth and now makes future patches very mind boggling as seemly anything is possible.... This could very easily help push him into high tier.
I'm sure there's DI saving you a lot, but yeah, lag on the end of the throw and base knock back on the move seems to have been changed bit. Wish I frame tested how laggy throws were, haha.

Forward throw -> fair seems to combo up to 30-40% now too.

Last edited:

DblCrest

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DblCrest
3DS FC
0018-2708-3882
Are the the kirby buffs legit ?
Also Wario 's issues with escaping grabs got fixed. I can no longer get a free shuttle loop after releasing him with metaknight. He jumps further way now

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Peach

Removed stale negation/ instant turnip throw/ ledge turnip pull
Decreased Dair knockback slightly. Combos easier. (kind of sure of this one, but not guaranteed)
Decreased turnip pull recovery slightly (not sure about this one) EDIT: I think I'm wrong about this one. I would like someone to test it though but I think I'm just seeing things.

Other than that nothing seems changed. She's still ridiculous :). Haven't tested customs yet. EDIT: Tested customs, no changes.

Zelda

Dins Fire's lag seems slightly decreased
Nayru's Love reflects for a longer time.
There's also something better about Nayru's Love attacks. Maybe less lag? Very unsure about this one.

Can't find anything else. Haven't tested customs yet.

Last edited:

Jabejazz

Smash Ace
NNID
jabejazz
3DS FC
2079-8507-3496
What do you mean. Does Kirby's dair no longer spike? That's a huge nerf if so damn
Multi hit moves had a property where they could spike when you cancelled them earlier.

As in you'd input a UAir, fast fall it so it doesn't complete, and it would spike your opponent.
Kirby's dair has a spiking property on its last hit I believe, so that shouldn't have been removed.

Phoenon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PhoenonX
Marth's down throw and forward throw are combo throws [now].
REJOICE.

Down Throw -> Up air comboing up until 80%.
CHUGGA CHUGGA.
Also works with Lucina *obviously* as I've tested.

Down throw actually combo'd into Up air with Lucina against Marth until around 100%, though vectoring/DI might nullify that.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
What do you mean. Does Kirby's dair no longer spike? That's a huge nerf if so damn
Idk im downloading now, but im pretty sure thats not what he meant. Multihits would spike no matter if they spiked in previous games before, Kirby's dair has always been a meteor so i doubt its any different.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I didn't test with frame perfection, usually I can pull off an extra 10% or so on 'combos' if I do the 1/4 skipping.
Like Down Throw -> Turn Around Dash -> Up Smash is comboing as well, at 0% to some point. Doubt anyone's going to bother trying that in tournament though.

Last edited:

Cherubas

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0774-4746-9812
I don't have both versions so I can't do a detailed test, but simply based on comparing my current findings with Balloonicorn's Bowser Jr guide, that guide claims that Bowser Jr's Dthrow does 8% damage, but currently it does 7% damage.

Someone want to look into this further?

FimPhym

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0920-2129-8093
It's not in the OP yet but the Dedede board has noted that down throw has a more vertical trajectory, and forward air has gone from 13% to 12%.

The down throw change is odd in that it is not obvious to me if its a buff or nerf. It takes away fair combos at certain percents, but opens up uair combos.

Last edited:

DarkKyanite

Smash Journeyman
used both versions on falcon's dtilt, it now moves falcon forward by a little bit, means that crazy good move has even more range now

edit. its utilt not dtilt

Last edited:

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
It's worth noting Link/Toon Link Bomb Canceling got removed as well.
Came here to say this.

As for Ganondorf, he no longer has landing lag after a full hop Air Dodge. I believe that previously Ganondorf would have landing lag even if he air dodged from the peak of his double jump. A welcome change.

Last edited:

Phoenon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PhoenonX
Link's Forward Smash now functions more like Toon Link's and he has a much easier time landing the second hit of it at higher percentages like 100%

Jabejazz

Smash Ace
NNID
jabejazz
3DS FC
2079-8507-3496
Might honestly be better for him since Uair kills better.
DThrow to Uair doesn't feel like it can be reliably done at kill %.
DThrow > Fair being hardly possible means we can no longer send the enemy off-stage reliably.

So far, it feels like most of the changes are minor (fair damage) to significant (UAir spiking) nerfs for TripleD.

I need to play around with gordos, and test if their KB resistance changed.

Last edited:

Nobie

Smash Champion
NNID
SDShamshel
3DS FC
2809-8958-8223
I'm not sure if this is actually the case, but Mega Man's Up Smash and Up Tilt on the ground feel like their hitboxes have been increased. Did the Up tilt always have a weaker grounded hitbox from about one Mega Man away?

preternaturalism

Smash Rookie
i don't know if this has been mentioned already, but 'ness' no longer gets aerial dodge landing lag from doing a short hop > aerial dodge after the aerial dodge animation has already come to an end. so "dodge canceling" that no longer seems to be a necessity.

edit: i'm not sure if this is because the animation itself has been shortened, but i seem to able to do short hop > aerial dodge > u-tilt (and land the u-tilt). i can't recall if this was possible before, but if my memory serves me right, only n-airs would come out at that point in the past.

Last edited:

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Shulk's fair and nair now do 7% as opposed to 6%. fair does 6% on monado speed while nair does 5%

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
No noticed changes so far with Jigglypuff (damage and knockback are the same), which is a good thing. Frame data is unconfirmed.

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
Was it because people spammed Bowercides or is it because Koopa Klaw comes out faster than Flame Choke making it easy to spam? So, if people spammed Ganoncides, would a new patch just revert both to the originals of Bowser/Ganon killing themselves first?
I'm guessing it's because of the dash grab custom. It travels much further horizontally on the jump, you can bowsercide from the middle of FD and it's extremely easy to get the grab with all that extra range.

Add that to the fact it's a ridiculously good move on it's own which punishes the hell out of landings, can be used for recoveries, in general can just be thrown out haphazardly for easy grabs I think this was the reason.

I was actually training a custom bowser for this reason, it was absolutely bonkers.

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Just a quick note a friend of mine just found out on Bowserciding (not sure if it needs pointing out, but I haven't seen it pointed out yet); if the opponent is fast enough, they can actually still recover due to Bowser dying first. Test it in Training especially on opponents with high vertical recoveries like Dedede and Pit, they'll live. So those who are on the verge of being Bowsercided just need to spam jump and hope they time it right or something.
So Bowser dies before the opponent for real and cannot recover from Bowsercides regardless? That benefit has been given to the victim? Doesn't make sense from an animation standpoint but it's funny. Thanks, folks, for abusing Bowsercides to the point where it got nerfed. Even though it was nearly impossible to pull off against anyone with a brain anyway.

I'll do some testing on Game & Watch and Villager later. I doubt Game & Watch's DTilt has less active frames; it was already heavily nefred from Brawl and about half the animation doesn't even do anything.

Last edited:

VivaReverie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GreenTL

Jabejazz

Smash Ace
NNID
jabejazz
3DS FC
2079-8507-3496
Guess it had something to do with the fresh bonus in vs. games. I know I couldn't pull it off in training.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Megaman's Up Air is definitely larger now.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Dragon Rush's damage has been nerfed from 15% when all hits connect to just 11% now.

Only difference I've noticed thus far for the Zard. He seems mostly unchanged.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom