• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3DS Community Patch Notes v1.0.4 -- Engine Changes to DI

Status
Not open for further replies.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
It's true, I had Dark Pit in training mode at 120% when I smacked him off a ledge, Hydro Pumped the AI as they tried to recover and they barely moved at all.
Have to test these with rage scaling since the difference becomes quite noticeable at high %.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Greninja has been nerfed significantly, seems to have been hit the hardest of any character so far. Tested these changes using my updated game and my friend's version 1.0.3 side by side.

- Up Smash has significantly more ending lag, he puts the swords away now, Up Smash -> Uair no longer works.
- Uair spiking is no longer possible, and people fall out of Uair before the final hit a LOT now.
- Uair deals less knockback.
- Shuriken has more ending lag at any level of charge.
- Hydro Pump basically doesn't push airborne foes at all now.
- Shadow Sneak can no longer be used to cancel landing lag, more of a bug fix that happens to be a nerf.

Also something has definitely changed about running Up Smash with every character, can't put my finger on it but it's way harder to do now if you have Tap Jump off.
Jump cancel Usmash should work. Mostly it sounds like initial Dash animations prohibit a simple Usmash input this patch.

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
Wow Sheik feels GUTTED. Her kill power is ridiculously low now. Bouncing fish doesn't even kill at 140%.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Dragon Rush's damage has been nerfed from 15% when all hits connect to just 11% now.

Only difference I've noticed thus far for the Zard. He seems mostly unchanged.
If the wii u version is anything to go by, Flare blitz now explodes on projectiles instead of going through them.

TheZage

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0559-7181-6120
Marth's swinging attacks seem to cover more of his body. All attacks besides stabbing attacks seem longer (though shield breaker does seem slightly longer). Side b's 4th hit seems slightly easier to land with and does more knockback. Once again, can sombody with both 1.04 and 1.03 confirm this. I hope I am not just going crazy over here from overhype. lol

Phoenon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PhoenonX
Marth's swinging attacks seem to cover more of his body. All attacks besides stabbing attacks seem longer (though shield breaker does seem slightly longer). Side b's 4th hit seems slightly easier to land with and does more knockback. Once again, can sombody with both 1.04 and 1.03 confirm this. I hope I am not just going crazy over here from overhype. lol
I landed a Forward Smash tipper with Marth on AI Marth right behind me, I could swear that was impossible to do prepatch.

They were in the air behind Marth's head but still.

Last edited:

Cookie_Aroma

Smash Cadet
Please tell me they reduced landing lag on Shulk's Aerials...
I'm testing that side-by-side with 1.04 and 1.03.

I found N-Air, B-air, D-air, and U-air are the same.

But! Shulk appears to have less landing lag on his F-air. He can consistently put his shield up earlier on 1.04.

JoeInky

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JoeInky
3DS FC
4596-9442-7695
I can't find any changes with Marth whatsoever with both versions.

Hitboxes seem the same, dancing blade is exactly the same, DThrow and FThrow are exactly the same.

Marth Regalia

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4871-4228-5850
So, is it confirmed that Marth can tip the blade with opponents right behind him?

If so, I might have to go back to playing Marth in this game.

I want actual confirmation before I get excited.

Last edited:
Back in the older patch, you couldn't do f-air to jab with Shulk. Now in this patch, you could. I wasn't sure so I needed some confirmation

Watchful_Eye

Smash Apprentice
I had some surprisingly early Up-Tilt kills with Shulk today, maybe someone likes to test if this has to do with the patch

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Hey guys, I'm really sick, shame to be missing all the fun.

Last edited:

TheZage

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0559-7181-6120
I landed a Forward Smash tipper with Marth on AI Marth right behind me, I could swear that was impossible to do prepatch.

They were in the air behind Marth's head but still.
You could do that before, but it's happening to me a lot more now. Call me crazy, but doesn't untip fsmash seem to have more knockback scaling? I'm killing even better with it.

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
Right now Sonic's side b into uair does... 27% damage?!

Was it always this strong!?

Silent Hell

Smash Cadet
I'm testing that side-by-side with 1.04 and 1.03.

I found N-Air, B-air, D-air, and U-air are the same.

But! Shulk appears to have less landing lag on his F-air. He can consistently put his shield up earlier on 1.04.
Well this is certainly better than nothing. Hopefully I won't get punished as much now. :)

Last edited:

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
why did they make people fall out of greninja's up air? what was even the point of that. the last hit that actually has knockback can randomly whiff.

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
Megaman's uair animation changed to represent hitbox better

ChampKing

Smash Cadet
Mac's aerials seem to be faster with less landing lag. Not that anybody uses Mac aerials but still.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
If Marth has more range now Im gonna hype.

Villager seems untouched, aside from ledgelloid apparently being removed, and Sheik DID get her bouncing fish nerfed but eh XP what can ya do?

Flamecircle

Smash Apprentice
Megaman's uair animation changed to represent hitbox better
The hit box isn't actually bigger? A pity.

Wasn't there a cool guy who was going to get hitbox data? That'll be interesting to see.

Can someone check Piston Punch, the custom that is causing the most "problems"?

Also it's rather entertaining how many people are viewing this thread. Hi, everyone!

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I still think sheik got it worse than greninja... at least we can still kill.

TheZage

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0559-7181-6120
lucina's attacks also seem to cover more of her body. They also seem longer reaching too (idk how long compared to new marth). I don't know if this patch made any attempt to better differentiate the two characters, but wouldn't that be awesome.

Phoenon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PhoenonX
How fast you can act out of them seems to be the difference.
Down Throw into Up Air does the most damage and can actually land the followup after the throw more often at least around 100% until it starts becoming impossible to land the up air than the Forward Throw

Forward Throw into dash up forward air does slightly less damage and can only do it up to around 40-50% but carries across the screen quite well.

bajisci

Smash Ace
why did they make people fall out of greninja's up air? what was even the point of that. the last hit that actually has knockback can randomly whiff.
It happens because the 5th/6th hit of the move no longer spikes like hits 1-4 ergo if youre falling or its not a solid hit, the 6th hit will easily whiff. WHY THEY DID THIS IS BEYOND ME.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom