• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3DS Community Patch Notes v1.0.4 -- Engine Changes to DI

Status
Not open for further replies.

FimPhym

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0920-2129-8093
Guess it had something to do with the fresh bonus in vs. games. I know I couldn't pull it off in training.
Training mode has moves at 100% damage, and a completely fresh move does 105% damage. Or so I heard in a video with players testing exactly this interaction closer to release.

Phoenon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PhoenonX
Dragon Rush's damage has been nerfed from 15% when all hits connect to just 11% now.

Only difference I've noticed thus far for the Zard. He seems mostly unchanged.
Flare Blitz has 9% recoil on hit, only 4% recoil if he doesn't hit anything.

Also it might just be my mind playing tricks on me but I swear his neutral a autocombo is faster now or combos better or something, a lot of the time before this patch the third hit wouldn't combo, and now all the hits do.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
IKE GOT BUFFED.

Jab combo works on that stupid Frog without rage if its fairly close. Registers as 3 hits. Prob safe to assume its 3 hits on entire cast. FAIR IS FASTER HOLY ****.The upper hitbox however seems to be gone.

BRB TESTING MORE.

SH FAIR AUTO CANCELS WTF

Dtilt angle changed to vertical trajectory, does 8 damage now, less recovery however which means its safer on whiff so changed angle may not be that bad and possible combos/traps too.

Ftilt recovers slightly faster.

Bair deals 1% more.

Nair knockback reduced which is great because now we combo much more at mid percents.

Dsmash angle changed to be a bit more horizontal.

SH Auto canceled Fairs is gonna be so sick. You can't put new Ike anywhere near bottom 5 at this point lmao
Confirm all of these except for the dsmash angle. Not so sure about that one.

Jabejazz

Smash Ace
NNID
jabejazz
3DS FC
2079-8507-3496
That's exactly it, and why in my video I did it in Versus mode over Training mode.
Duly noted.

Training mode has moves at 100% damage, and a completely fresh move does 105% damage. Or so I heard in a video with players testing exactly this interaction closer to release.
Correct, hence my mention of the "fresh" bonus.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Flare Blitz has 9% recoil on hit, only 4% recoil if he doesn't hit anything.

Also it might just be my mind playing tricks on me but I swear his neutral a autocombo is faster now or combos better or something, a lot of the time before this patch the third hit wouldn't combo, and now all the hits do.
Flare Blitz has always been like that...

Chimera

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cmChimera
Any notable Wii fit Trainer changes besides the air dodge? Can anyone confirm the Kirby changes posted earlier? Dedede changes?

Last edited:

Asdfchris

Smash Rookie
Wii Fit Trainer Down B charges faster and last longer. I'm not sure about exact number of charge seconds were before, but now it's charged in 1 second and last 8 seconds, up from 7.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
- SH Fair now autocancels (meaning recovery time on Fair is decreased or the startup is decreased or the move comes out faster or the move has a shorter active frame. Need confirmation on which it is.)
The move has an identical amount of active frames, it's the startup time and recovery time that has been shortened drastically.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Marth buffs. Need testing on Mario to confirm he isn't just getting trolled by Nintendo.

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
Tested all of Falcon's attacks. They all do the same damage as before. Did not test knockback (But it seems the same).

Plain Yogurt

Smash Ace
Olimar's Pikmin no longer seem to get stuck when you down smash right after down throw.

Also, I'm not sure if this was like this before, but at around 20% or so Ness's Dthrow into double Fair is a true combo.

D

Deleted member

I'm not 100% on this so if someone could check but it appears Duck Hunt Nair & Upair now hit more consistently.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Any notable Wii fit Trainer changes besides the air dodge? Can anyone confirm the Kirby changes posted earlier? Dedede changes?
Wii Fit Trainer's unblockable reverse f-air is gone. It just does a lot of shield damage now instead.

Last edited:

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Last edited:

BlakDragon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlakDragon
3DS FC
2938-7104-7763
I caught something with Mega Man. @ SamuraiPanda SamuraiPanda I think this is OP-worthy. Pardon me if this was brought into light earlier:

in the past, if you were to burn your special jump and use neutral-air (or some other aerial/special attack in the air to make your landing safer) to cancel the recovery frames attached to your special jump, those frames were "stored;" the next time you went airborne and landed, you were burdened by your Up B's recovery frames from earlier -even if you didn't use Up B again - unless you landed with nair every single time.

However, in 1.0.4 this is no longer the case. If you land with an aerial or other special move just once after your special jump, those recovery frames from Up B will no longer burden you next time you jump and land.

Last edited:

Lunix7

Smash Apprentice
Can anyone see what the changes are for R.O.B. and Mr. Game and Watch are? I'm out at the moment and can't check.

Senko Zero

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4940-5527-1789
It's been reported that there may be a big system change in relation to running usmashes.

With tap jump on, they work as normal. With it off. they cannot be done while you're moving until you character goes into their skid animation or they stop moving.

Just tested myself and this seems to be true. Test for yourself too if you like. This seems way too lopsided to be aan intentional change. Maybe it's just an oversight?

TheZage

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0559-7181-6120
I'm going to put my two cents in and say that marth's sword reach has increased. I have been playing him a lot and have gotten comfortable with his tipper. Now i need to be a bit further back to hit with it, and attacks have more of an arc. Ive sideb also has a different feel to it - can't quite describe it yet. Can someone with two 3ds confirm?

Phoenon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PhoenonX
Most likely because of his equipments.

EDIT: Oh wait recoil, maybe if Charizard's flare blitz is weaker the recoil would be less as well?
Would the move actually start out stale in classic mode?

Oh well, seems to always do 9% recoil on hit besides that point from every other video I see so it must have been some odd instance causing it to do less than the usual percentage.

Phoenon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PhoenonX
It's been reported that there may be a big system change in relation to running usmashes.

With tap jump on, they work as normal. With it off. they cannot be done while you're moving until you character goes into their skid animation or they stop moving.

Just tested myself and this seems to be true. Test for yourself too if you like. This seems way too lopsided to be aan intentional change. Maybe it's just an oversight?
If I press both a jump/X and A button at the same time it works fine/as it used to, feel free to try that out and tell me if it's just me.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
If I press both a jump/X and A button at the same time it works fine/as it used to, feel free to try that out and tell me if it's just me.
I was about to say try this. This is likely the same deal as tap jump on/off with up+B out of shield always has been.

Phoenon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PhoenonX
uh... what? What did you combo the forward throw into ? Because it seems identical to me
Try acting and dashing forward as soon as you throw the opponent down and jump forward air, should work easily, you can act a LOT earlier in forward throw than you used to be able to.

bc1910

Smash Lord
NNID
bc1910
3DS FC
1478-6611-0182
Greninja has been nerfed significantly, seems to have been hit the hardest of any character so far. Tested these changes using my updated game and my friend's version 1.0.3 side by side.

- Up Smash has significantly more ending lag, he puts the swords away now, Up Smash -> Uair no longer works.
- Uair spiking is no longer possible, and people fall out of Uair before the final hit a LOT now.
- Uair deals less knockback.
- Shuriken has more ending lag at any level of charge.
- Hydro Pump basically doesn't push airborne foes at all now.
- Shadow Sneak can no longer be used to cancel landing lag, more of a bug fix that happens to be a nerf.

Also something has definitely changed about running Up Smash with every character, can't put my finger on it but it's way harder to do now if you have Tap Jump off.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Can anyone test whether sonic's Dsmash has less cooldown and if fsmash and dash attack have more cooldown. I've been playing back these moves on 1.4x and they feel different slightly.

Also if i'm not mistaken was little mac's aerial side B distance reduced?

Last edited:

Dax

Smash Journeyman
Try acting and dashing forward as soon as you throw the opponent down and jump forward air, should work easily, you can act a LOT earlier in forward throw than you used to be able to.
damn you're right. By your post I expected a different throw distance so I was caught off. Still, it seems to work only at low %s

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Marth's down throw and forward throw are combo throws [now].
REJOICE.

Down Throw -> Up air comboing up until 80%.
CHUGGA CHUGGA.
This is incredible :awesome:. If I could only find a Gamecube controller adapter. Local stores have all of them pre-ordered :c.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom