• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3/6 + 3/7 Orlando, FL SF4 + Smash + Other Misc Tournaments

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
The information below is outdated...

I updated the first post with pot split information.

So the entrance might be $10 total, which would equate to

$1.60 per tournament and a $2 door fee.

I'm doing this so that everyone can be in every tournament.

Or if you are poor, I will allow you to enter two tournaments for $5

This is extremely reasonable.

I am keeping the price cheap, because my free tournament was a huge success, and this time, I won't have to kick anyone out, because Andy and Amber will both be gone, so we can play until later if you guys want.

I'd really like to cap this at 20 or so people, but I know it's going to go over.

If I get 7 other people interested, I might do a Pro Brawl Pool, where I have 8 people each pay $5 and do round robin, and get better.

You wouldn't have to be really good, or anything, you'd just have to be willing to pay an extra $5 to enter the death pool.

Split on that would be 80/20.

We can maybe even do crews if there is enough interest.

I haven't considered housing people yet, I'd have to talk to my roommates, but I might be willing to.

Frames

DI
hype hype we need to get as many people to come to this as possible

we want 100+

everyone is allowed in the kitchen!!! all you can eat too!

in fact the whole tournament will be in the kitchen area

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
If you go in my kitchen i will murder you

@ Sheer: I will add it assuming there are people who want to enter.

@ Tony: I will have crews assuming there are 4 crews that want to do it.

if there are enough (me and 7 others) people willing to pay $10 to be in the pro brawl pool of death, I'll up the price.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
TNT is the best crew in florida.

I just thought I'd put that out there.

Edit: also I decided to play a new character in SF4

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
We should have a separate captain-falcon-only melee tournament.

Because then I would win.

Noa.

Smash Master
Wow, I might be able to enter a number of tournaments (a maybe on round robin). Though I really do suck.

Oh well, I can only go up.

Also, what order are the events? Same as in the OP?

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I just updated the OP with this information.

******NEW INFORMATION********

Just making this clear: I am holding this same tournament twice. Once on Friday, and once on Saturday. You can come to either, or both.

Both days will contain Brawl Singles and Doubles, Street Fighter 4, and Melee Singles for sure.

The other events will all be held assuming there are at least 4 people who want to do them, and it's not already 2 in the morning.

The prices are getting really confusing, so I am going to make it simple:

Everything is $2 a piece. Door Fee is $2. If you come on both Friday and Saturday, the Door fee will be $2 for the first day you come, and $1 for the second day.

That way you could be like me and be there both days and enter 11 events and it would cost you $25. :)

Because this is going to be the most fun ever.

I am putting this post in both the OP and in the thread.

Door Fee: $2 for 1 day; $3 for 2 days
Entry Fee: $2 per event; $5 or $10 for the Brawl Pool if we have it.
Date: 3/6 (Friday) AND 3/7 (Saturday)
Address: 2824 Einstein Way, Orlando FL 32826 Room 102
Phone Number: 321-604-8717

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
A WATO vs TNT crew battle without Hbox, Colbol, or QDVS?!?!?!

that's preposterous...

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
hey rx-, please tell me that the brawl singles will be in the afternoon or at night? i gotta work earlier those 2 days till 3pm. let me know. thanx.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Brawl Singles will be after 3 PM on Saturday, assuming I remember...

Also, some questions for the general public:

Is everyone fine with $2 per event? I'm trying to make the tournament cheap enough that people will be able to afford to attend, but not so cheap that people don't play competitively.

Are there any other events I should consider? The reason I am holding lots of events is so that everyone can have a lot of fun, even if they are not super good at Brawl or Melee. So if people suggest events, I'm down to run a bracket for any game, as long as there are a handful of people down to play.

Does anyone need housing?I won't be kicking people out at 1AM like last time, since my roommates wont be here, and I might be running some of the tournaments late, if there are still interested people. I can potentially house, but there may be circumstances. For example, I won't house anyone who lives within 30 minutes, and I won't house anyone who I've never met before. I also am not responsible for supplying pillows and blankets, so bring your own. So tell me if you think you need housing, and I'll make a priority list.

I also want to try and enter every single event I run, as long as it sounds fun, and I still have money.

This may be the most exciting and fun little shindig in history, so don't miss out!!!

-Spike-

Smash Ace
crew battles hmmmm....
who wants to be in my "crew"
If i dont work I'd been down to partner up. I think im clear for friday but IDK yet, and I probably work until 4:30 pm on saturday but after that I might be able to go by. Let me know which day ur going or if youll be there both days and ill try to go and crew with ya if u want?

By the way, how close is this place to UCF? Or wats the address?

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
Brawl Singles will be after 3 PM on Saturday, assuming I remember...

Also, some questions for the general public:

Is everyone fine with $2 per event? I'm trying to make the tournament cheap enough that people will be able to afford to attend, but not so cheap that people don't play competitively.

Are there any other events I should consider? The reason I am holding lots of events is so that everyone can have a lot of fun, even if they are not super good at Brawl or Melee. So if people suggest events, I'm down to run a bracket for any game, as long as there are a handful of people down to play.

Does anyone need housing?I won't be kicking people out at 1AM like last time, since my roommates wont be here, and I might be running some of the tournaments late, if there are still interested people. I can potentially house, but there may be circumstances. For example, I won't house anyone who lives within 30 minutes, and I won't house anyone who I've never met before. I also am not responsible for supplying pillows and blankets, so bring your own. So tell me if you think you need housing, and I'll make a priority list.

I also want to try and enter every single event I run, as long as it sounds fun, and I still have money.

This may be the most exciting and fun little shindig in history, so don't miss out!!!
i'll try to make it in time for brawl singles. not promising anything. but i may come just to have fun if thats the case. i'll still pay if i need to.

edit- my 300th post, woot!

Finch

Smash Lord
Alvin we should be in a brawl scrub crew with fearless and loto and whoever else plays melee that entered the scene through brawl.

As far as money goes I don't think melee should cost anything since all the good players are gonna be in NY and whoever wins won't deserve the money.

jkjk

I'm gonna win melee.

Also maybe you should just do a smashfest friday and tournaments for $ saturday. It seems silly to just do the exact same tournament two days in a row.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Some people can only come Friday, so I am going to do it this way, to give everyone a fair shot.

There's really no room to complain about money or entrance fees, since it's ridiculously cheap. Think about it: You could enter Brawl Singles and Doubles and Melee TWICE EACH, and you'd only have spent $15 total...

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
im off saturday so i'll see you then.

rxyz is making an apperance

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
That means I need a teammate on Friday who is capable of winning phat c$sh with me :)

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Target time to get here on Saturday is 11AM.

People who are not here by Noon are at the mercy of the gods if I decide to start an event right away.

Friday I think everything should start at 1PM or so.

So people would want to get here on Friday no later than 1.

Also

I WILL HAVE

1 Brawl Setup
1 Melee Setup
1 SF4 Setup
1 Spare TV.

I WILL LOWER YOUR DOOR FEE FOR BRINGING SETUPS FOR SATURDAY!!!
You have to label your stuff before it counts, though.
I am not counting TV's that don't work or gamecubes that are semi broken, or anything like that.

TV = $1
Wii + Brawl or Melee = $1
Street Fighter 4 + Console to play it on = $1
First Person to Bring Mario Kart Wii on Saturday = $1
Cube = pat on back
TV under 10'' = pat on back
Extension Cords = pat on back
Power Strips = pat on back
Tape Recorder to Record Mampam's Enthusiam = pat on back
RedHalberd = If you bring him I will give your whole $2 door fee off and a nickel.

Everyone must label their items. I am not responsible for anything that is lost or stolen, and if you leave something here, and it is unlabeled, I am going to melt it with XRAY LAZERS.

I personally have a label on each of my wires, and my console, and my wii mote, and practically everything...

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Ok, because Finch is obviously the most important, no tournament will start on Friday before 3 PM.

But we can still have fun misc events until then.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
Ok, because Finch is obviously the most important, no tournament will start on Friday before 3 PM.

But we can still have fun misc events until then.
lol at finch being the most important. i'm gonna try to come on friday since i get off of work at 1:30, but i gotta do a couple of things 1st. i can try to bring mario kart wii if you like. just one thing, nobody chooses baby mario but me! glad we all had an understanding, lol.

LozanoGarbanzo

Smash Ace
Orlando(UCF), FL [br] Click my sig, you won't.
If i dont work I'd been down to partner up. I think im clear for friday but IDK yet, and I probably work until 4:30 pm on saturday but after that I might be able to go by. Let me know which day ur going or if youll be there both days and ill try to go and crew with ya if u want?

By the way, how close is this place to UCF? Or wats the address?
I'm down to team for brawl. I'll go both days probably. Address should be on first page, its only like 3-5 mins from ucf and gigs.

Alvin we should be in a brawl scrub crew with fearless and loto and whoever else plays melee that entered the scene through brawl.

As far as money goes I don't think melee should cost anything since all the good players are gonna be in NY and whoever wins won't deserve the money.

jkjk

I'm gonna win melee.

Also maybe you should just do a smashfest friday and tournaments for $ saturday. It seems silly to just do the exact same tournament two days in a row.
Brawl Scrub Crew for Melee
Finch
Garbanzo
Loto(you down?)
Fear-(you down?)

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Anyway...

Retro, if you bring Mario Kart Wii, or WHOEVER ends up bringing it, make sure you bring your Wii too.

I don't have any save data for that game on my Wii, so I wouldn't have any of the unlockable characters or cars.

Toneh

Smash Lord
yea ill go on saturday.
all this mario kart talk. what happened to mario kart DS ?!? ^^

if the melee crew battle is free ill be up for that also

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Mario Kart DS is for hackers....

but I guess I can hold an MKDS tournament if there is an interest. Only problem is that if not enough people have the game, then we would need to all be ShyGuys....

That's why I'd prefer Mario Kart Wii...

Toneh

Smash Lord
true.
anyone got that lan adapter for gamecube. Mario kart DD can go up to 8 players on 2 cubes. I remember back in the day i always wanted to try that

Gindler

Smash Champion
mario kart wii is the most broken/********/worst of mario kart games

double dash is where it's at
true.
anyone got that lan adapter for gamecube. Mario kart DD can go up to 8 players on 2 cubes. I remember back in the day i always wanted to try that
Mariokart wii> DD

All I know is that Diddy+koopa/paratroopa is the ultimate combo (for me anyway) and that makes it a tad unfair

Top Bottom