• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3/28/09 GIGABITS - A Smashing Good Brawl

DFEAR

Smash Hero
ken and sagat for me :p one top tier and one mid tier :p yay tiger shot/shoryuken spammage xD

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
this tourny's brawl rulz need to be updated in regards to

last stock inhale/suicide rulz
standing chaingrabs/inf/release grab infs
planking/ledgestalling

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Infinites should be banned

Last stock suck up suicide should only count if you are within %50 of your opponent.

Ledge stalling should be dealt with by judges (if someone is ledge camping, you call a judge over, and if they keep ledge camping, the judge makes them forfeit the stock)

Meta Knight should be banned. (He's dumb)

Norfair should be banned.

Rainbow cruise should be legal.

Lylat should be a counterpick.

Afro should be white.

Captain Falcon should be M. Bison.

Oh and the new King DeDeDe Ditto rule: "If both players want to play as DDD, they must flip a coin. Loser loses the set."

And the Snake Rule: "If snake's uptilt kills you at under 80%, snake must forfeit his stock"

And the Luigi Rule: "If one player picks Luigi, and the other player doesn't counterpick Luigi, the first player wins."

And the MK Downsmash Rule: "If you hear your opponent mashing down on the C-Stick to try and get a down smash out because they are too scrub to time it, you automatically win the match"

Sets should be 2 stock, 5 minute time limit, best of 5.

No Items

That's what the rules SHOULD be.

obviously.

Where have YOU guys been?

petey_did_it

Smash Ace
polmex i just found out what ur avatar was lol. i was browsin movies in walmart and yeah....i lol'd.
too bad guile is too technical for you. u need to pick an easier character

Master Raven

Smash Master
I was gonna main Vega in SF4 but going by the current tier lists apparently he's a piece of ****.

I'm maining my favorite SF girl Chun Li <3

Lizard

Smash Ace
Infinates banned?! Ness' lucky day!!!

Grab release to Fsmash or whatever for a kill still is lame... but who am I kidding? Ness has Bthrow!

Pretty even trade-off i'd say

Master Raven

Smash Master
I like winning. I can't do that with low tiers :(

Now if the game was amazingly well balanced then I'd probably consider it, but as it stands I wouldn't feel comfy using him for now.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
So is this gonna implement the 70 ledgegrab rule?
i'll go ahead and say yes for that

The 70 Ledgegrab rules is not good for one important reason.

Ledge Pressure.

Example: There's no reason a Meta Knight should HAVE to get off the ledge if there is a Snake standing there with grenades and mines and mortars pressuring him to stay there.

If you are afraid someone is going to ledge camp you, or someone IS ledge camping, call ME or any other fair, sane person over, and we will watch and determine whether or not that person is stalling.

It's not that hard...

Edit: Remember, if they start to ledge camp, you can just pause the game at a moment where they've just snapped to the ledge, so that no one gets hurt or dies while you call someone over.

CO18

Smash Hero
The 70 Ledgegrab rules is not good for one important reason.

Ledge Pressure.

Example: There's no reason a Meta Knight should HAVE to get off the ledge if there is a Snake standing there with grenades and mines and mortars pressuring him to stay there.

If you are afraid someone is going to ledge camp you, or someone IS ledge camping, call ME or any other fair, sane person over, and we will watch and determine whether or not that person is stalling.

It's not that hard...

Edit: Remember, if they start to ledge camp, you can just pause the game at a moment where they've just snapped to the ledge, so that no one gets hurt or dies while you call someone over.
You won't get anywhere near 70 ledgegrabs unless your purposeless ledgecamping at least 80% of the game.

The 70 ledge grab rule is perfect. it doesnt matter if your being pressured at different times where you have to stay on te ledge for awhile, youll at max get like 30 ledge grabs. In the average game a person usually gets around 7-10 edgegrabs.

The Sex Puma

Smash Lord
You won't get anywhere near 70 ledgegrabs unless your purposeless ledgecamping at least 80% of the game.

The 70 ledge grab rule is perfect. it doesnt matter if your being pressured at different times where you have to stay on te ledge for awhile, youll at max get like 30 ledge grabs. In the average game a person usually gets around 7-10 edgegrabs.
there are rly people in FL that do that? it's like a loophole system...

CRASHiC

Smash Hero

Bu. . .
Bu. . .
But what about Jigglypuff? Jiggy doesn't want to ever touch the ground.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Bu. . .
Bu. . .
But what about Jigglypuff? Jiggy doesn't want to ever touch the ground.
And, Jigglypuff shouldn't be grabbing the ledge that often... She has a million jumps and a rising pound to help stall out in the air...

OverLade

Smash Hero
everyone should hype this up for ppl outside of the boards. You know those arrogant ppl that think they're the best cuz they can beat their 2 friends.

Always go by this equation:
mo' nubs = mo' money = last Gigs = happy top placing ppl :)
Yeah, last gigs we got an exellent tournout just due to random ppl that had never been to gigs before. The Georgia/Alabama/Ally hype should significantly help.

Darktemplio

Smash Journeyman
Gainesville, Florida, USA, North America, Mars.
Yeah, last gigs we got an exellent tournout just due to random ppl that had never been to gigs before. The Georgia/Alabama/Ally hype should significantly help.
Yea hopefully. Only problem is that if theres too much hype....we're gonna be there till monday. lol, we're definitely gonna need a bunch of setups.

on a side note...grr.....we were soooo close to beating afro and seibrik in a set. the 5th match. my last life, I DI'ed the wrong direction by accident and I left Gmoney by himself against a fat penguin and a dude that doesnt really shave :,(

I started working on my DI so Ive been living to ridiculous percents with toon link :) but grr.....we wouldve been the 1st....team....in florida....to beat them in a set...rabble rabble rabble

OverLade

Smash Hero
Yea hopefully. Only problem is that if theres too much hype....we're gonna be there till monday. lol, we're definitely gonna need a bunch of setups.

on a side note...grr.....we were soooo close to beating afro and seibrik in a set. the 5th match. my last life, I DI'ed the wrong direction by accident and I left Gmoney by himself against a fat penguin and a dude that doesnt really shave :,(

I started working on my DI so Ive been living to ridiculous percents with toon link :) but grr.....we wouldve been the 1st....team....in florida....to beat them in a set...rabble rabble rabble
Was it recorded? 0_0

Sounds like amazing stuff.

Gindler

Smash Champion

I was watching that, it was pretty close (you're amazing with TL). I did see afro and brik lose in doubles though......at melee though :lick: they're just too good

Top Bottom