• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3-22-09 Poltergust Presents... "Brawl: Rise to the Top" (Miami, FL)

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
@FlatSoda: Um, just wait a little while, OK? >.>

@8-Bit: Yeah, I did. Can you answer my reply, please?

Master Raven

Smash Master
Actually I would recommend the gentleman's agreement.

That way the infinite is both allowed and disallowed at the same time depending on the player's request. I really would not recommend allowing infinites but if you truly want to keep them, at least put up a gentleman's agreement.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Yeah, I just talked about that with 8-Bit. I'll allow the Gentleman's Rule. Details will be put up in the first post in a few moments...

EDIT: "The Gentleman's Rule is in effect. This means that, if one player wants to put it to effect, infinites will be banned for that particular set. If no mention of the Gentleman's Rule occurs, then infinites are allowed."

There. That should be fine for everyone, correct?

EDIT2: I guess I misinterpreted the Gentleman's Rule. It should be fixed now. Read Edit #1 again.

Galeon

Smash Ace
EDIT: Wait, I just remembered I'm against cg infinites... (which doesn't include grab release shenanigans for some reason................)

PolMex23

Smash Champion
Polt, Polmex didnt know who he was fighting was Dewdadash, OR, didnt realize he played DDD by the time he was counterpicked.
exactly

it sucked...

I really thought he didnt have the balls to do it....so i didnt make much of it...thought he was scaring me by putting the c-stick to grab....

Ill ask next time

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Yeah, you better be more careful about that, PolMex. You're coming now due to the Gentleman's Rule, right? =P

And as for the TVs, let's see... there are a couple of people bringing their TVs. Along with the TV in the family room, the TV in the guest room, and the TV in my room that I will bring out there should be at least 5 or 6. I think that's enough...

I'll put you down for bringing a Wii and Brawl.

PolMex23

Smash Champion
Well anything beneficial for yoshi should be kept cuz its yoshi...

The wario thing i think is kept due to his ability to provide shield pressure on even ddd and not get grabbed due to his amazing aerial movement

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Still, it's an infinite. So it also falls under the Gentleman's Rule. Still, I rarely get a chance to perform it, anyways. I usually up-smash or u-air after releasing Wario.

So, are either of you two coming? >.>

Fuego Fox

Smash Journeyman
alls i know is that im not playing a single match on a laggy tv no one is going to be ok with the lag ractor you gotta either ask for hd cabled or use regular tvs LAGGG POR SUX

Emo^Wolf

Smash Journeyman
exactly

it sucked...

I really thought he didnt have the balls to do it....so i didnt make much of it...thought he was scaring me by putting the c-stick to grab....

Ill ask next time
that was the funniest shxt!!! lol it was coool but it was funny

alls i know is that im not playing a single match on a laggy tv no one is going to be ok with the lag ractor you gotta either ask for hd cabled or use regular tvs LAGGG POR SUX
agreeeee
Infinites should be banned if there is no method to cripple/disable them.

ICs for example I believe should be kept due to being able to disable the infinite if you separate Nana.

The other ones like DDD's should be banned because there is nothing you can do to stop it. It's incredibly broken and makes certain characters next to unviable for tourney if everyone would just whip out DDD vs someone like Luigi. Skill shouldn't be the factor in deciding on whether infinites should be kept since there comes to a point where you can eventually do the infinite successfully 99% of the time (I used to think skill was a relevant factor, but I've learned better since then).

If you're really adamant about keeping infinites then at the very least you should put up a gentleman's agreement, which basically states that you are given the option to allow the infinite or not in battle if the other player is using a character who can use one on yours.
i dont think ifinites should be bannn at all becouse if your going to bann that thena you should ban other grabs like falcos grab on wolf?? if falco grabs wolf he can chain grab him 7 times across the stage and spike him to death. theres no way a wolf can survive that. you just cant if you get grab your done. infites have never beeen bann and now becouse you dont want to find away around it like switching charescters or just not going LUIGI ON A DDD :dizzy: infinitess should just notttt be banned thats just running away from a proble, wtf!
Ban infinites now...

I cant wait till the vid on how easy it is to grab a luigi wit DDD and infinite to 230 than foward or back throw yay
dont worry dude well upload that whenn we get a chance for your proof. but it was funny.
Sorry, infinites won't be banned. They never have, and they most likely never will be.

And picking Luigi against King Dedede is insane. That is just ASKING to get infinited. Why would you do that? :dizzy:
i cant agree with you more poltergust. its your tournament and you should due as you likee. dont let seibrik run the tournamennt!!:mad: and its NEVERR BEEEEN BANNED why nowwww!.i agree with the gentleman rule like seibrik agree with sheikssbm once at his tournament but if the player dont want to do it and you cant stop him its a move and its thereee theres no reason why you should take it out!!!' again im saying not to bann it and this cimes from me that i get chaingrab ALOTT and its gay and annoying but you gotaaaa find away around it! if you pick luigi vs ddd your fxcking asking hey infinite me quickk!!!!!

Master Raven

Smash Master
i dont think ifinites should be bannn at all becouse if your going to bann that thena you should ban other grabs like falcos grab on wolf?? if falco grabs wolf he can chain grab him 7 times across the stage and spike him to death. theres no way a wolf can survive that. you just cant if you get grab your done. infites have never beeen bann and now becouse you dont want to find away around it like switching charescters or just not going LUIGI ON A DDD :dizzy: infinitess should just notttt be banned thats just running away from a proble, wtf!
Falco's CG on Wolf is not an infinite.

Emo^Wolf

Smash Journeyman
Falco's CG on Wolf is not an infinite.
i know its not an infite but if the falco just learns the grab he can spike. and wolf is the only charecter that cant make it back to the stage . if the falco know hows theres no way. i dont care playing the match up cuz there has to be ways around it but a falco can o death a wolf and thats proven

Fuego Fox

Smash Journeyman
yeah ive seen this done myself dont ban infinites they are a part of that characters meta game to take it out would be playing with move restrictions and that isn't fair people need to find better ways around it like character switch.... You get infinited its your own faultif you dont play :laugh:Weege on DDD you dont get infinited its plain and simple! o btw especially dont make excuses on why u got infinite either his name is dewdadash for christ sake.

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
i laser locked master raven with falco, i feel accomplished. that is all

inb4 i wrecked flatsoda and he did not win a single match

LOL

Emo^Wolf

Smash Journeyman
yeah ive seen this done myself dont ban infinites they are a part of that characters meta game to take it out would be playing with move restrictions and that isn't fair people need to find better ways around it like character switch.... You get infinited its your own faultif you dont play :laugh:Weege on DDD you dont get infinited its plain and simple! o btw especially dont make excuses on why u got infinite either his name is dewdadash for christ sake.
thats waz uppp agreee dont complainnnn
and yea man we goinggg to gigabits the 28th and we might go to poltergust mostlikely yea man you down dawg?? lets ripp

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Too bad that isn't practical, Nick Riddle. And don't counterpick Castle Siege or Yoshi's Island against me, either. You'll regret it. XD

*adds Fuego Fox to the list* (Is Emo^Wolf also coming?)

There is one more thing that has been bothering me, though. After seeing M!X's tournament, I take it that people won't like it if they see the brackets and notice that they are going against their buddies in the first round. I can move around the brackets to make it so that they can fight later, right?

Masky

Smash Master
tio should allow you to seed by region so the bracket is made that way automatically (for the most part)

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Ah, OK. On the sign-up sheet I'll also ask which city they live in (or which college they go to <.<).

Creaty

Smash Cadet
question poltergust, if the registration is from 10 - 11:20 am and the singles start at 2 pm can I just show up at like 1:30 if Im going only for the singles or will there be another TV meantime to do friendlies?

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Well, I want to get all of the sign-ups ready by the time doubles start. You can come later if you want, but it would be pretty inconvenient if the brackets were already made.

And yes, there will be a couple of stations that will be set up for friendlies/MM's in both Melee and Brawl. I don't want my guests to be bored, you know. :laugh:

verycoolguy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CoolVCG
Why don't you have a break between the end of doubles and the start of singles. Maybe it should be 30 minutes or less, so people who come later around the time when doubles is ending can sign up during that period, and maybe some more friendly games.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Hm... that seems like a good idea.

Actually, I'll make it an hour. I'll order pizza when the grand finals of the doubles matches start, and they should arrive during the break period.

Top Bottom