• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3-22-09 Poltergust Presents... "Brawl: Rise to the Top" (Miami, FL)

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Hm, that actually sounds like a good idea. Don't use R.O.B., though. He sucks as a partner with Yoshi because he can't kill (Peach is fine since she is not common and you main her =P).

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
(Gah, double post. :()

So, I guess the expected amount of people going to this is around 20. >.>

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
None of them would come. They don't play video games.

Not. One.

Do you know why I only play online outside of tournaments? Yeah... :(

EDIT: And I did tell people about this. They said they would never pay $25 dollars for something like this. :ohwell:

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
$25? isnt $15 for singles if you dont bring you wii?
It's $5 for entry, $10 for singles, and $10 for doubles ($20 per team). Pizza would cost $3. If you bring a Wii and Brawl, you don't have to pay the entry fee. So it's still $20 to participate in both events and $3 for pizza.

And yeah. As if they even have Wiis. That's a funny thought. :laugh:

Obsidiotic

Smash Cadet
It's $5 for entry, $10 for singles, and $10 for doubles ($20 per team). Pizza would cost $3. If you bring a Wii and Brawl, you don't have to pay the entry fee. So it's still $20 to participate in both events and $3 for pizza.

And yeah. As if they even have Wiis. That's a funny thought. :laugh:
but i wont get there till like 2 so i wil only be participating in the singles matches. Do i still have to pay 20? Oh and my brother in law is taking us and hes just going to watch so does he have to pay an entry fee as well?

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
You only have to pay $15 to be in singles ($5 for entry and $10 for singles).

Also, people who are there who will not be in any events do not have to pay an entry fee.

Creaty

Smash Cadet
thanks for clearing that up , I'll be there as well as probably 2 more people Im taking with me that are going to compete as well ( All will be playing in singles only) Also I think they might be taking their Wii's and copy of Brawl as well

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
A side note: If we have more Wiis than TVs, then I'll move some TVs from the other side of the house over to the side you guys are on. However, they are all LCDTVs, so... >.>

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
OK, everything should be set up over here. Now all we need is people to arrive.

*waits* :|

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
OK! Here are the results for singles!

Singles Bracket

I wish more people came. 14 is just so little. =(

I hope you guys still had fun, though.

I would have uploaded the doubles bracket, but there seems to be a problem with saving the bracket image. We had to do a round-robin style because only 4 teams were entered, and for some reason I just can't save the round-robin brackets the same way as the singles brackets. Can someone help me with this?

I DO know who won, though:

1. Teamwork (Seibrik & Galeon)
2. Exit 20 (8-Bit & Chaz)
3. Fear Bone (DFEAR & Bonesaw)
4. Fried Eggs (Poltergust & verycoolguy)

Some shout-outs:

@8-Bit: Thanks for helping me run the tournament and give me the idea to use a round-robin format for doubles.
@Chaz: EPIC loser's finals matches, man. I was so close to making a comeback in the last game.
@DC: Good games. Watch out for SDing at Green Greens. :laugh:
@verycoolguy: Thanks for being my partner. I still believe that you should have used Peach, though. Also, sorry for eliminating you in singles. Good games. :)
@Everyone else: I hope you all had a good time. Make sure to tell more people to come!

This is probably going to be my last tournament for a while. I'm just too busy in April. I hope to see you guys soon again! :chuckle:

DFEAR

Smash Hero
shout outs:

@poltergust:
good tourney man. needs moar people moar food =P. it was really fun tho.
@bonesaw:
:p learn to catch. nah some of the matches were my fault >_< i need to figure out a different style of play for diddy in teams.
@C/Galeon: hehe love ur lucas man. good matches :3 and never really took notice into the advantages of dash attack. i checked and tested and it works on EVERYBODY =D
@VeryCoolGuy: your peach and wario are mad sick dude :3 a real matchup test to me bro. loved the matches man. all very close.
@DC:
u know how i john >_>. good matches man u deserved to win through that time :\ my fault for not kicking *** faster.
@Chaz:
after that sd from the first match i felt the mindgame of me thinking ah **** i really messed up :\ so ugh wished i didnt do that. but matches were close tho :3 i need more marth practice.
@luis:
money. u needs it.
@seibrik:
ugh we havent fought each other today T_T i need to **** u argh!

overall good tourney. if this was held saturday to replace the pnt one it would have been awesome :3 still awesome tho

verycoolguy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CoolVCG
FUN tournament. Very.

Poltergust: Good job at doubles. Maybe I should've stayed with Peach. I guess I just went Wario because I did horrible at that PnT tournament yesterday... I guess I'll just blame it on laggy tvs /johns
And good games at singles. If I get eliminated before getting top 4, i shouldnt really care where i place. Good tournament.
DFEAR: I had alot of fun in our random friendlies. About our tourney match, maybe I should've stayed Peach and CPed Yoshi's Island... but then again, Diddy is hard for me, and yours is goood. And I had fun in that one Melee match.
C!: I had fun playing friendlies. Your Lucas is too good. The Marth vs DK games were intense.
RIZ: Your Sheik is good. You should have occasionally switched to Zelda for killing.
8-Bit: I had fun playing Melee with you.
DC: You're a funny guy. Kirby's Dthrow... WHY DO I KEEP FALLING FOR THAT!!1? It was very fun.
GATO: Jigglypuff ftw.

At first I didn't think running a tournament in my own house would be possible, but after seeing how and where TVs were set up, I think my living room can hold around 6 small TVs and one 37". Maybe I'll host one in June.

Top Bottom