• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2nd coming of christ. are you ready?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
wow, alot of people must be self-delusional.

and well i believe in God cuz well, just look around one day.

theres a song that says

when i see the stars, the sun and the moon. there is no room to doubt, God has been there(created it)
a when i look at the sky, the beauty of he ocean i see the greatness, of his imense and great love.

i mean i just dont understand how people can think everything around us is so perfect and yet believe it just happened.

that we just popped up. that we just happen to have water, that we just happened to have food, that we just happened to be able to survive on this planet.

how could we evolve to survive? do you think whatever was before us had enough time to live to just evolve?

if it needed to evolve then it wouldnt have lived period.

if it survived it wouldnt have needed to evolve. it would have just kept on doing what it has.

theres no doubt in my mind we were created, and thats why God to me is real

RDK

Smash Hero
It's been a long time since I've seen evolutionary theory handled so badly. I'm not even going to touch this, as this is nothing more than pure ignorance of the subject. Have fun Alt!

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
lol

then ignore that last part and talk to me about the other part.

so howd did it happen so perfectly?

the big boom lol

we were all te size of a golf ball and then boom.

lol do you know how ridiculous that sounds?

so, you wanna tell me life the way we know it, male and famale, able to make a child

with the planet as perfect as it is, with everything needed for us to survive just happened?

outrageousss

manhunter098

Smash Lord
lol

the big boom lol

so, you wanna tell me life the way we know it, male and famale, able to make a child

with the planet as perfect as it is, with everything needed for us to survive just happened?

outrageousss

Evolution is a proven process. It can be observed in real time in the modern day, and given the fact that we know life works in pretty much the same way what with cells and all, not to mention the fact that we have things like genetic engineering and plant and animal breeding going on where we select for specific traits, we can be pretty much positive that life evolves. If you really want to get into the science of it we have an overwhelming body of evidence for how life would have evolved pretty much since the cell wall, how exactly it got to that point we havent learned enough about yet, but yeah, evolution is real, as real as the air you breathe.

Mewter

Smash Master
lol

the big boom lol

outrageousss
First of all, fix your grammar.
Second of all, even big evangelist preachers have admitted that the evidence for microevolution is overwhelming and said it is real. The only thing stopping them from accepting macroevolution(larger-scale evolution) is the fact that they just don't want to accept it. Here's a general explanation of how it works.
Things evolve on a microscopic scale. They mutate, and the better suited ones for the environment survive as a species while those who can not support themselves die off. Tiny changes in the DNA coding of animals(large or small) can have effects on how they live and pass on their genes. The ones with the better-adapted genes survive, and the ones without it live on. A good example of this is bacteria. Sometimes, when you use antibacterial soap, there is a very small percentage that survives because of tiny gene mutations that helped give it immunity. This bacteria soon grows in numbers and now you have a lot of mutated bacteria. Now, imagine if this went on for a while. Other tiny mutations in the coding for whatever reason can eventually change the species to the point to where it is a subspecies, and soon, maybe even a whole new species. That is microevolution, and we have witnessed it. It's pretty easy to prove.
Macroevolution is where it happens on a much larger scale, with bigger organisms. Tiny parts gradually change until the entire thing is a bit different than its original predecessor. Species may split off into others from isolation, the deaths of the weaker branch, and so forth. After millions and millions of years of small changes, you have a new species.
Another way to put it is that you have numbers, all right?
1111111111111 is one bacteria
1111111131111 is the next generation
1117811131111 after a few more generations
1111811131111,The ones with the fourth number being seven die off as a subspecies
1111814131111, A four occurs
1111814111111, the ones with the threes die off because it didn't help them, but harmed them in the new environment.
See where I'm going with this?
Anyways, that's a pretty broad explanation, but you get the idea.

Edit:
As they said, nothing is perfect.
Secondly, would you care to read a few books on these subjects before you comment on them? At least have a general idea about them?

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
Perfect? explain this What's perfect? There's nothing in this world that's perfect.

Please show me something that's perfect I'd like to see this.
the fact that your alive seems to be pretty perfect doesnt it?

Evolution is a proven process. It can be observed in real time in the modern day, and given the fact that we know life works in pretty much the same way what with cells and all, not to mention the fact that we have things like genetic engineering and plant and animal breeding going on where we select for specific traits, we can be pretty much positive that life evolves. If you really want to get into the science of it we have an overwhelming body of evidence for how life would have evolved pretty much since the cell wall, how exactly it got to that point we havent learned enough about yet, but yeah, evolution is real, as real as the air you breathe.
we can selectivley breed and stuff, cuz were us, were humans, ya dig?

what selectivley breeded (what ....bred? idk) us?

i dont know about this but can animals just evolve themselves? does that exist?

can they just say man i dont like this about myself...im not gona let my kids go through this

and then they evolve? how can that be possible

Mewter

Smash Master

can they just say man i dont like this about myself...im not gona let my kids go through this

Look, read my earlier post, right above your comment. It explains most of what you're asking. Also, mutations occur by mistakes, chance, and extra factors. Living things make mistakes, and so do cells. They can "mess up" sometimes when replicating.
Edit: It only seems perfect because it's the only thing you know about. I would think a deflated basketball was perfect if if had never seen another one.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
But just blind faith in some other higher being isn't as, if not more outrageous than the claims you make? you need to come back down to earth for a sec dude.

manhunter098

Smash Lord

And the reason we can selectively breed stuff and actually get RESULTS is because animals evolve. The parents will ALWAYS be different from the children and if those changes are beneficial than statistically the child is more likely to survive and reproduce. Those that reproduce more will cause that gene to spread through the population, and with multiple changes essentially only the best ones will tend to be kept, and as these changes accumulate the species evolves.

So let me put it this way. DNA is a fact. And by the nature of the molecule evolution is a fact as well.

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
lol like Tang said while he was playing SS

you guys are too hard

i cant keep up with you. all i can do is throw out my own ideas which are

not sufficient enough for yous guys. i dont give up. i just cant continue scientific arguments.

all i have is my Bible and my faith.

i wish there was someone smarter then me and more educated here to back me up with a lil something

its like 50 vs 1 lol

but guys just make sure what you believe in is gonna help you after you die ok?

you dont have to believe in what i believe in but my job was to tell you what i believe in and to tell

you the consequences of your actions. and i did it. just be careful and make sure you follow what your heart

tells you other the science and other people who have a million facts and data and aruments and stuff.

they can confuse you and make you believe anything with there scienctific stuff

Mewter

Smash Master
lol like Tang said while he was playing SS
you guys are too hard
i cant keep up with you. all i can do is throw out my own ideas which are
not sufficient enough for yous guys. i dont give up. i just cant continue scientific arguments.
Look, I've got no problem with your beliefs or anything, as long as you don't try to shove it into other peoples' faces or argue with no knowledge of the subject whatsoever. Are you saying we ditch the scientific arguments and use pure logic and reasoning to debate? If that is so, then we'll do that, although we'll end up back on science again, because it's inevitable.

Edit:
i wish there was someone smarter then me and more educated here to back me up with a lil something
its like 50 vs 1 lol
but guys just make sure what you believe in is gonna help you after you die ok?
you dont have to believe in what i believe in but my job was to tell you what i believe in and to tell
you the consequences of your actions. and i did it. just be careful and make sure you follow what your heart
tells you other the science and other people who have a million facts and data and aruments and stuff.

they can confuse you and make you believe anything with there scienctific stuff
Your arguments are just as smart as anyone else's I've seen. And no, we don't twist and shape scientific facts to make it fit. We don't have what we want and choose only the facts we want to support it. We just look at the facts and derive the full explanation from it.

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
no i didnt mean that, i just mean i dont know enough about science and all that stuff to continue an argument based on it.

just cant do it

oh sorry if it seemed like i was trying to shove my beliefs at you. i never do that,

i understand people and im not like a religious terrorist lol

but i just let my side be known and the part that God wants me to say

Mewter

Smash Master
no i didnt mean that, i just mean i dont know enough about science and all that stuff to continue an argument based on it.

just cant do it
The problem is, if you do use science as an argument, you're led to the same conclusion we are, no matter what, if you take into full detail all of the data. What you're using to argue is faith, with no evidence or facts/proof to support it whatsoever. It's kind of shaky ground, if you know what I mean.

Reaver197

Smash Lord
But it's not too hard, that's the thing. You don't need to view this as a competition, where you have to "keep up". You can easily learn what we all know. You just have to adjust your mindset, be open to the fact that maybe what you think you know isn't actually as true as you thought it was. Question and critique everything, don't just blindly accept what others say and tell you, and that goes with us as well. Research, learn, and make up your own mind. We can plop all the evidence we want in front of you, but it's yourself that has to be open to it.

Do you really need your Bible? Do you really need your faith? You might have been brought up and even intimidated into believing you do, but if you can, for even just a second, just speculate how truly necessary it is and how much good it actually does, even on a grander scale than just yourself, just think that possibly there is a better, more wholesome and intellectually fulfilling way to live.

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
lol i was brought up in church, all my life.
i played the drums at church since i was 5.
and i really didnt pay much attention to anything lol.
up until recently i realized i was wasting my time at church.
playing the drums took me away from recieving from the service.
and so then i decided i needed to pay attention and learn stuff
longgg storyy

i could save you the whole story and just say that i do need God, and the Bible and my faith.
i mean its neccesary to my life already. i have a calling from God becuase of my talent
im not going to abandon God for anything. hes been too good with me. If i could go back and prevent myself from being raised at church, i wouldnt do it. i would not want to see my life without God.
i dont even want to think about it. im glad where i am and where my faith has brought me.
all i hope is that one day you can see beyond science and beyond the facts and everything.
not everything is as it seems, and i know one day youll realize that.
that everything you know, in reality it was nothing.
and that everything you needed was right in front of you but you just left it behind.
but im afraid that one day might be too late, and i dont want it to happen.
God told me to love others as myself, and i just want to help people out.
but alot of people cant be helped and dont want to be, but im glad you listen to what i have to say
and im glad you listened to my incompetence. sorry i couldnt challenge you as well as you did to me.

but if you are sure of what your doing and of what you think, keep at it.
just know one thing that the Bible says,

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

John 3:16

even if you dont believe in the Bible, read it, take it as a story if you have to.
imagine how much someone can love you without even knowing you, to sacrifice his own son for you.
crazy huh?

well im pretty much done in this thread,

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Please, close it.

Go to school-- learn what evolution really is. Believe me-- it's nothing like Pokemon.

Reaver197

Smash Lord
I guess since you so kindly gave your personal testimony, I'll give one of my own.

My dad is fairly religious, but not very so. He never by force tried to make me religious, nor never limited my intellectual development in order to shield me from ideas that clearly were at odds with religious belief. He says he doesn't believe in evolution, but never tried to impart upon me that it was a lie, but just simply something he personally had a hard time believing. My dad was pretty moderate about it, and it's thanks to him and his wanting me to be as intellectually fulfilled as I could be that I've never been censured against my natural love of science.

However, he did makes us go to church every Sunday, still trying to distill into us some of his religious upbringing that his parents had instilled into him. When I was young, I found church to be boring and stuffy. I paid as little attention as I could, often reading books during sermons or sunday school. I gave very little of it heed, thinking it just some stupid waste of time that none of my friends ever seemed to be subjected to.

Then, as I grew older, and to be more respectful and responsible, I stopped reading during church and was too old to go to Sunday school. It was then when I finally started listening to the main service and sermons that I finally started to truly begin having doubts about the whole thing. Most of it was innocuous. I found the sermons boring and preachy, devoid of anything that actually seemed useful or interesting. They were never about hell or torment, but rather mundane stuff like being nice to neighbors and the like, stuff that had already been said a thousand times in sunday school, just in a much longer fashion.

What really began gnawing at me was the quotes from the Bible that they would say out loud during a certain part of the sermon. A lot of it was quotes from Jesus in the meek and humble fare, but every now and then they would say a quote that when I thought about it, scared me. I remember vividly the quote from Jesus which talked about how he was going to divide families, and bring the sword. That if you didn't love him more than you loved your parents or children, you would not be accepted (or something to that effect). When I heard these things, I thought it was immoral, and not to mention sounding very immature and selfish. But, when I saw how the rest of the church reacted to those verses, it filled me with dread. They were accepting it and believing it. My very own parents were affirming themselves to a book that said they had to love a dead man that might've never existed more than they could love me.

It was from there, that I really started looking through the Bible, really reading what some of it was about. I read the parts of the Old Testament in which God advocated, no, rather commanded the Israelites to commit genocide of a complete other people. And they were teaching this sort of stuff in Sunday school, to children, often with through the stories of David versus Goliath, and the walls of Jericho. It was only when I read the Bible did I understand how terrifyingly violent it could be, and how people were being brought up to accept it and even be happy with it. It was a very unsettling experience, to be amongst those people at church, seeing and hearing them be happy and acceptive of such stories and morals.

The story of Abraham and Isaac was particularly affective when I was younger, because it was taught to us in Sunday school, it was taught to us in sunday school, and my dad approved of it. It did me no comfort to have a father that thought happily of a story in which a father very nearly sacrificed his own son, just to appease some random whim of his god. Granted, I now will never doubt my father capable of such a thing, but at the time, it was revealing.

Combine that with violent level of fanaticism that religion has inflicted upon this world, I have a very hard time viewing religion as anything but detrimental.

Amide

Smash Lord
This is the exact reasoning why we disagree with you. You don't have evidence, reasoning, just "faith." How can you convince anyone like that? Don't you agree, that whilst it's more confusing, evolution makes sense? "All I have is faith" is saying "all I have is a closed mind."

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Although I agree with most everyone here, I think we overgeneralize when we talk about fanatic groups. Religion, even though it is faith based, still gives a lot of people hope when they look for it. It gives them something to believe in when times are hard.

AgentJGV

Smash Journeyman
This is the exact reasoning why we disagree with you. You don't have evidence, reasoning, just "faith." How can you convince anyone like that? Don't you agree, that whilst it's more confusing, evolution makes sense? "All I have is faith" is saying "all I have is a closed mind."
But faith is just that, Believing without evidence. You can have faith but still have an open mind. I have no problem believing in evolution and believing in the bible.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
Proverbs, I'd like to ask you, have you actually read the entire Bible? Like, the whole thing, not just parts they pick out to say in Church? If anything, it was actually reading and comprehending what was being said in the Bible when I was younger that actually made me start to not believe in it. I don't remember who said it, but I recall a quote from someone saying that the best way to become an atheist is to read the Bible. Not only is it full of self-contradictions, and general weirdness, it can be quite horrifying and downright immoral and atrocious in what happens in it.
Have I read the whole Bible? Not yet. I'm in the middle of doing so right now. I have read all of the New Testament and am going through the Old Testament currently (in the middle of...Proverbs, ironically enough and am going through front to back).

Also, I'd love to hear your arguments for why a god does exist. It is often those, not the scientific theories that are at odd with them, that stand on tenuous and shaky ground.
Unfortunately I'm a college student who has tons of work for the next few days. But whenever I'm not speedreading or writing essays, I'd love to show you the multiple arguments that have convinced me that there is a God and that Jesus is His Son.

Reaver197

Smash Lord
Although I agree with most everyone here, I think we overgeneralize when we talk about fanatic groups. Religion, even though it is faith based, still gives a lot of people hope when they look for it. It gives them something to believe in when times are hard.
There are plenty of things to believe in when times get hard, you don't need to make up a god for that. People need to really come to terms with the fact that just because you really want something to be true, or that it would be really nice or comforting for something to be true, it does not make it one iota closer to actually being true.

My main issue with religion is that it gives people free reign with their beliefs. They can believe whatever they want, without any restraint to actually bind them to reality. Even though far from every religious person is a fanatic, as long as religion is around enabling people to believe things without having to need any solid evidence for it, there will always be fanatics, people who's beliefs are extreme to the point of being dangerous and fatal for them and the people all around them. And, particularly in this day and age, where even a tiny group of people can accomplish and do so much, any amount of fanaticism is already too much.

As for Proverbs, don't worry about it. I'm in college too, and it's definitely crunch time, lol. Take however long you need.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
No i completely agree with you, I'm just saying that thats a reason why people follow religion, and it gives them hope...If it does people good why try and change it?

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I evidently missed a page:
You have A LOT to learn about a lot of things.

First, I'll get to your reply:

The Father, and The Son...The Holy Spirit does not have a physical form so God said "us" meaning him and his son. who are still 1

No. The trinity is a Christian ideology and as such it isn't referenced at all in the Old Testament. Plus, if the trinity is one entity, then god would have said "I".

God gave us the example of reasting on the 7th day, the sabbath am i right?

thats why he did it.

Backwards. The 7th day is called the Sabbath BECAUSE god rested on it, not god rested because it's the sabbath. The point is why would an omnipotent god even NEED to rest. Creation surely isn't perfect, so he seems to have just gotten tired then, which contradicts being omnipotent.

i seriously think you have it all mixed up. the first "story" was the introduction and basically like how everything happened in a whole get it?

the second "story" is where he goes into more detail, explaning how he made man. and then women.

i think that people try a little too hard to find contradictions in the Bible.

Again, no. The first story has a different order ALL TOGETHER in how things were made. In the first story, sea creatures, then land creatures, then man and woman. In the second story, man came first, then animals, then woman. That's not an introduction that is the definition of contradiction. Learn how to read.

I dont know to answer this since i wasnt there to know wether or not it happened.

None of us were, but we do have enough historical evidence also the fact that the Egyptians were very meticulous at record keeping, and none of these records showed Jewish slaves.

and can you give me like a link or something where it says Evolution, the process, is proven?
i really didnt know they had proven it. TO ME it seems pretty impossible as we were made he way wer are, according to my beliefs of course.
Evolution happens, that is how it is proven. Micro-evolution can be observed, and Macro-evolution is in the evidence. What people who commit themselves to religion don't understand is that is not even up for dispute.

Reaver197

Smash Lord
No i completely agree with you, I'm just saying that thats a reason why people follow religion, and it gives them hope...If it does people good why try and change it?
Because the amount of pain and suffering religion inflicts upon the world, coupled with the intellectual stifling that it usually has as well, seems to outweigh the good and comfort it does, especially when that comforting factor could be replaced by more informed and intelligent beliefs and opinion anyway.

RDK

Smash Hero
even if you dont believe in the Bible, read it, take it as a story if you have to.
imagine how much someone can love you without even knowing you, to sacrifice his own son for you.
crazy huh?
I would actually find that incredibly odd, as well as against basic human nature. I would have much more respect for a person if they actually got to know me first so that they could accurately judge my character; whether I was even worth saving to begin with. Blind charity disgusts me.

But faith is just that, Believing without evidence. You can have faith but still have an open mind. I have no problem believing in evolution and believing in the bible.
But why? So many things in the Bible are either so ridiculously outlandish that no one would ever believe them, or have been proven to be false that there's no reason to believe in any of it, even though some of it might be historically accurate. Emphasis on some.

EVOLUTION

cman

Smash Ace
Unfortunately I'm a college student who has tons of work for the next few days. But whenever I'm not speedreading or writing essays, I'd love to show you the multiple arguments that have convinced me that there is a God and that Jesus is His Son.
Could you give us the abridged version? Every arguement that I have seen is either illogical or uninformed, so forgive me if i don't trust that you have good reasons.

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
I evidently missed a page:
You have A LOT to learn about a lot of things.

First, I'll get to your reply:

The Father, and The Son...The Holy Spirit does not have a physical form so God said "us" meaning him and his son. who are still 1

1) No. The trinity is a Christian ideology and as such it isn't referenced at all in the Old Testament. Plus, if the trinity is one entity, then god would have said "I".

God gave us the example of reasting on the 7th day, the sabbath am i right?

thats why he did it.

2) Backwards. The 7th day is called the Sabbath BECAUSE god rested on it, not god rested because it's the sabbath. The point is why would an omnipotent god even NEED to rest. Creation surely isn't perfect, so he seems to have just gotten tired then, which contradicts being omnipotent.

i seriously think you have it all mixed up. the first "story" was the introduction and basically like how everything happened in a whole get it?

the second "story" is where he goes into more detail, explaning how he made man. and then women.

i think that people try a little too hard to find contradictions in the Bible.

3) Again, no. The first story has a different order ALL TOGETHER in how things were made. In the first story, sea creatures, then land creatures, then man and woman. In the second story, man came first, then animals, then woman. That's not an introduction that is the definition of contradiction. Learn how to read.

I dont know to answer this since i wasnt there to know wether or not it happened.

None of us were, but we do have enough historical evidence also the fact that the Egyptians were very meticulous at record keeping, and none of these records showed Jewish slaves.

Evolution happens, that is how it is proven. Micro-evolution can be observed, and Macro-evolution is in the evidence. What people who commit themselves to religion don't understand is that is not even up for dispute.
wow everything you you asked or said was still answered in my red posts.

1)God said US becuase he is God and Jesus, Jesus has a physical form and so does God, thats why he said us. get it?

2)i said that God gave us the example of resting on the 7th day.
i didnt mean God rested on the 7th day becuase it was the Sabbath.
and God does what he wants, if he wants to rest he rest, if he wants to give his life for humanity, even tho he is immortal and has all the power in the world he does it. questioning God is never a good thing, he knows what hes doing.

3)again how do you know? where you in the authors mind? no.
authors have there ways of doing things, and im pretty sure what i said is right.
why would an author contradict himself that way in the first 2 pages as you say?
do you think he was stupid? stop looking for contradictions in the Bible and stop assuming things as if you had written the thing.

as for the Jewish Slaves and evolution, im not down to argue with that. you have your facts, but the Bible says differently

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
I would actually find that incredibly odd, as well as against basic human nature. I would have much more respect for a person if they actually got to know me first so that they could accurately judge my character; whether I was even worth saving to begin with. Blind charity disgusts me.
what you just wrote disgusts me. so if your dying and medics save you thats blind charity.
firemen who give their lives to save people all the time, thats blind charity too.

do you think anyone these people save say, i wish i could have gotten to know them before he saved me becuase blah blah blah. no.

that was a really terrible way to come back at what i said. people are always so thankful of people that save them and they dont even know who the person is. and they say i wish i could repay them, but they cant. instead of being disgusted by blind charity how about saying thanks.

@ Junglefever:

why would the authors of the books that mentioned Jewish slavery lie about it?

maybe egyptians didnt have records of slavery cuz it would make them look bad.

didnt Germany hide their Jewish Slaves and keep NO records of them? yea

Amide

Smash Lord
That probably was too hostile, I agree with you on that JonaDiaper. However, on that question you posed earlier, I think it would be great if someone sacrificed their life for mine, I'd dedicate my life to that person. Too bad that person doesn't exist.

RDK

Smash Hero
what you just wrote disgusts me. so if your dying and medics save you thats blind charity.
firemen who give their lives to save people all the time, thats blind charity too.

do you think anyone these people save say, i wish i could have gotten to know them before he saved me becuase blah blah blah. no.

that was a really terrible way to come back at what i said. people are always so thankful of people that save them and they dont even know who the person is. and they say i wish i could repay them, but they cant. instead of being disgusted by blind charity how about saying thanks.
There would be no one to rescue me if the paramedics or firefighters weren't paid to do so. Like I said; most people don't do anything out of blind charity. People expect something in return; that's just human nature. And I have no problem paying taxes that support hospitals (to an extent) and fire stations so that if the time ever comes when I happen to need them, they're there. I would never expect, or ask, them to do it if they weren't being paid for it.

@ Junglefever:

why would the authors of the books that mentioned Jewish slavery lie about it?
Maybe because it never happened.

didnt Germany hide their Jewish Slaves and keep NO records of them? yea
I'm quite positive the Germans kept some sort of record of the Jews, seeing as how they were being experimented on in order to further Nazi science.

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
well see thats where my faith comes in, we all know Jesus did exist right? can we agree on that?

and according to the Bible he died on the cross for us. there is no record that says how he died but the Bible so lets just say its true for a second.

do you think he would give his life for us if he wasnt the son of God?

who would be crazy enough to lie about that and then le themselves be tourted to death?

no one.

i believe he died and resurected on the 3rd day, like a champ. becuase he really was and is the son of God.

@RDK

you are seriously being unreasonable. people save you be thankful. thats it. if you want to be ungrateful go ahead. but the least someone says is thanks.

i know there are other countries too that have had slaves and never kept records of them, until they found the bodies. i wish i would have payed more attention last year in global history. but i know this is correct.
not every country wants everyone in the future to know they have had slaves, and worked them to death.
it doesnt make them look good.

Aesir

Smash Master
as for the Jewish Slaves and evolution, im not down to argue with that. you have your facts, but the Bible says differently
Please learn Evolution before you speak of it again.

It's a proven fact, the theory explains the fact.

well see thats where my faith comes in, we all know Jesus did exist right? can we agree on that?

and according to the Bible he died on the cross for us. there is no record that says how he died but the Bible so lets just say its true for a second.

do you think he would give his life for us if he wasnt the son of God?

who would be crazy enough to lie about that and then le themselves be tourted to death?

no one.

i believe he died and resurected on the 3rd day, like a champ. becuase he really was and is the son of God.
How do you know Jesus existed? there's no evidence outside the bible of such a figure that matches the description of the Jesus of the gospel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom