• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kurausu

Smash Rookie
just set ist to scalar and type in 5
and place it right over the first offensive collusion.
you can try it with marios original file or just send me your pac file and i can take look on it

Mr Physych

Smash Apprentice
hey whats the #/ address for the grab attack

also where is the subaction for the arrow for link's Neutral B attack, i want to make it have a 100% trip counter

Mr Physych

Smash Apprentice
Whats the easiest way for me to use PSA characters in-game? I don't use homebrew channel, or Brawl+.
If you want to use a PSA character brawl+ is pretty much required, though you no longer need homebrew to boot brawl+ you still need to go to the plusery and download the new 5.0 build and put that on an SD card. After that get ur PSA that you want to use name it Fit(charactername).pac , notice no numbers, then place it in the folder with the charactername in the fighter folder. then when you boot brawl plus it should use that pac file for the character's moveset

Mr Physych

Smash Apprentice
My version of PSA is 0.2.1 beta which someone told me is the newest version.

As for that thread I have looked through it and the one in this thread and i havn't found anything on grab attack, though when I sped up the ending grab animation its grab attack was also sped up(so much that its hitbox didn't come out) so I'm going to look more in depth there right now. Edit "nvm i found the catch attack"

I am though still quite confused on the hitboxes for projectiles. For link's side down and neutral specials it generates articles which I don't understand (I figure these are the projectiles) and I'm still trying to figure out where to edit these.

Also I'm trying to understand more fully what the difference between synchronous and asynchronous timers.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
you can't really edit the hitbox properties of articles or props yet.

and you can put frame speed mods around just the lag of a grab attack. for example, in front of the lag, put a...say, 2x sped up modifier, and then right after the lag make one that returns the speed to normal (1x lag animation)

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
would there be anyway in PSA to change the input for certain move.

For example instead of pressing B to do a fireball you have to input quarter circle A.

Also, whats the sub routine(or whatever it's called) for making some thing untechable.

Like when you get foot stooled you can't tech it. How would I go about making it so you can't tech a f-throw, or something like that.

Kurausu

Smash Rookie
i have a question. is it possible to frezze the enemy with grab releaso or an throw?
and does someone know which lines or evenst male lucas's osi magnet heal?

pokelover980

Smash Ace
i have a question. is it possible to frezze the enemy with grab releaso or an throw?
and does someone know which lines or evenst male lucas's osi magnet heal?
It is possible to freeze them. Add 4 to the end of the flags in any of the hitboxes.

Kurausu

Smash Rookie
of course i know that, but it looks ilike it isn't that easy.
it somehow wokrs for grab release but not for throw

pokelover980

Smash Ace
of course i know that, but it looks ilike it isn't that easy.
it somehow wokrs for grab release but not for throw
It may not work for the throw because he is still in the characters hands. Add a hitbox right after the character is released that will freeze them.

tsunami70875

Smash Journeyman
if i add a "Change Subaction: Subaction= X" to let's say, the forward smash, do i need to add a part to each the start, hold and actual attack?

MaxThunder

PM Support
if i add a "Change Subaction: Subaction= X" to let's say, the forward smash, do i need to add a part to each the start, hold and actual attack?
no... just put it on which part you want to change... like if you want it to change into something else when you charge it, put it on hold...

MaxThunder

PM Support
i want to change the entire forward smash only using Change Sub Action, and not re typing in the animation
that seems kinda stupid you know... if you change subaction at the startup to another startup for a smash attack... you would changehe entire attack into another smash attack... anything else you do after that wont be done cause its doing the new attack... of course you can make the other attack change back... but that will make it change back no matter what... so... no matter what you do your going to have 2 identical (at least almost identical) attacks...

Mr Physych

Smash Apprentice
hey can anyone explain this to me?
I was messing with captain falcon's throw's and tried to make his downthrow freeze to see what it would do. at first it die nothing but when i regrab (before hitting the ground) it caused them to be sucked under my feet unable to move. i can then move wherever i want and they follow me even off stage. using this i can use a dair and spike them.
I thought it was cool but i dont know why it happens

MaxThunder

PM Support
hey can anyone explain this to me?
I was messing with captain falcon's throw's and tried to make his downthrow freeze to see what it would do. at first it die nothing but when i regrab (before hitting the ground) it caused them to be sucked under my feet unable to move. i can then move wherever i want and they follow me even off stage. using this i can use a dair and spike them.
I thought it was cool but i dont know why it happens
wow.... wooooooooow.... thar. is. awesome!... and kinda broken... i cant say why i happends... i havent realy gotten to deal whith grabs yet... but could you send me the pac file?... i would want to investigate this... (also i wanna anoy people=)...) maybe i can find out something...

Awesome Turtwig

Smash Journeyman
Anyone know how to use the throw item command thingy? You get 3 variables. Anyone know what changes what. When I use it the item your holding goes flying at around 45 degrees. It seems variable one changes direction.

tsunami70875

Smash Journeyman
wow.... wooooooooow.... thar. is. awesome!... and kinda broken... i cant say why i happends... i havent realy gotten to deal whith grabs yet... but could you send me the pac file?... i would want to investigate this... (also i wanna anoy people=)...) maybe i can find out something...
i second this o_O

Eldiran

Smash Lord
That's just what happens when you don't properly throw someone. This happens when there is no collision to knock them out of your throw animation.

Oh, and yeah. It's horrendously broken.

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
Found this on KC-MM:

I dont think that I saw someone post how to reflect projectiles, so I will do just that. I found it a long time ago and I should have posted it way earlier.

Put in a defensive collision event.

Parameter 0: value, 3
Parameter 1: value, 0
Parameter 2: value, 2

It's as simple as that.

shanus

Smash Hero
does anyone know the function which disables left/right horizontal movement during an attack?

I know it was posted on here recently but I can't find it for the life of me.

MaxThunder

PM Support
does anyone know the function which disables left/right horizontal movement during an attack?

I know it was posted on here recently but I can't find it for the life of me.
.... i was sure i had that written down somewhere... but i cant seem to find it... and i though i had a good system here...=(

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Does anyone know how I would make a taunt play a specific brstm? Just for the hell of it xD

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
I've tried to read this thread seven times and I have not once understood the OP.

I just want to know how to use allow interrupt to make Samus's Bomb Jumps like they are in Melee (and to have faster bomb laying).

I'd also like clarification on what Bit Variables are and how to use them.

MaxThunder

PM Support
anyone know what i should do if i wanted to remove captain falcons head?... or a better question... can someone explain what i have to do to remove a model complely? like... from all of the actions...?

CheDDar-X

Smash Apprentice
Ok I have a special move that the character does a like a spin pop shortly through the air, on the ground and in the air.

Once the ground one ends, they do a landing animation. This is fine when the character finishes the move on the ground. But if the move finishes in the air, they will still do the landing animation before going into disabled fall.

How do I make it so that if the character lands on the ground during the move, they go to the landing animation, but if it finishes in the air it goes to disabled fall?

Kurausu

Smash Rookie
anyone know what i should do if i wanted to remove captain falcons head?... or a better question... can someone explain what i have to do to remove a model complely? like... from all of the actions...?
there is a visibility event. set it to false, put it in every action and captain falcon is invisible forever.

@ CheDDar-X: maybe you have done some importants parts in your action wrong.

CheDDar-X

Smash Apprentice
there is a visibility event. set it to false, put it in every action and captain falcon is invisible forever.

Yeah I facepalmed when I saw

"Change Action: 0 Requirement: On Ground"

The 0 should've been 17 (landing action), and then I went to the the ground version's sub action and got rid of

"Change SubAction: 32 Pass Frame: False"

That should do it...

MaxThunder

PM Support

i only said i wanted to remove his head... not... the whole guy...

Kurausu

Smash Rookie
oh,sorry. i read something wrong, but there is also a code for parts to appear or disapear, i will look for it
crap, it looks like the part of falcon's head is not found yet or doesn't exist.
here is the code for a part to appear or disappear:

The event is 0B000200.
Parameter 0 is the model part.
Parameter 1 is create/destroy
0 = create, 1 = destroy

and captain falcons model parts:
Capt. Falcon:
00= Body
01= ??(FS?)
2A= Shoulder Guard

that's all i know.
maybe you can find the code for his head on your own

MaxThunder

PM Support
oh,sorry. i read something wrong, but there is also a code for parts to appear or disapear, i will look for it
crap, it looks like the part of falcon's head is not found yet or doesn't exist.
here is the code for a part to appear or disappear:

The event is 0B000200.
Parameter 0 is the model part.
Parameter 1 is create/destroy
0 = create, 1 = destroy

and captain falcons model parts:
Capt. Falcon:
00= Body
01= ??(FS?)
2A= Shoulder Guard

that's all i know.
maybe you can find the code for his head on your own
that was all i could find as well... but thanks for trying=)

Top Bottom