• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MaxThunder

PM Support
Oh ok, thanks ill try that. what i mean for link is that i was trying to make it so when he does the spin attack, you are able to move him left and right like luigi tornado for example. But when I ticked the moves character box under "animation flags" it didnt do what I was intending. So I dont know how to do it X_X
... you should start whith looking into luigi then... abd find out how his attak works... if nececary copy over the whole thing... or just what parts of it you need to make your epic move...

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
... you should start whith looking into luigi then... abd find out how his attak works... if nececary copy over the whole thing... or just what parts of it you need to make your epic move...
o ok, i figured if i did that it would crash considering it might load an article that toon link didnt have. ill try it though. also, this was probably the same problem i had with doctor mario, when i change the graphics on toon link's Neutral B Animation End action to fire, when it actually hits the opponent, its a normal arrow hit. and i already looked, theres no command specifying a normal hit, or any hit at all. Ive seen something called a "Bitten" or "BittenEnd" command, but theres nothing in it. Is that the thing that tells how to hit the opponent?

pokelover980

Smash Ace
o ok, i figured if i did that it would crash considering it might load an article that toon link didnt have. ill try it though. also, this was probably the same problem i had with doctor mario, when i change the graphics on toon link's Neutral B Animation End action to fire, when it actually hits the opponent, its a normal arrow hit. and i already looked, theres no command specifying a normal hit, or any hit at all. Ive seen something called a "Bitten" or "BittenEnd" command, but theres nothing in it. Is that the thing that tells how to hit the opponent?
His arrows are articles IIRC, so you can't change their properties without knowing how to hex.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
His arrows are articles IIRC, so you can't change their properties without knowing how to hex.
Oh ok... (**** IT! THATS YOUNG LINK"S CENTERFOLD!) Well, at least that fixed Dr. Mario's F-Smash :D Now I just need a new D-Air or an Electric Final Smash and I'll release my second build... I wonder what the D-Air should be. Suggestions, anybody?
EDIT: Why is "D_A_M_N" censored? Just curious.

Cosmick

Smash Apprentice
I have a random question...

How can I add a projectile like Fighter Kirby's "Hadouken" to a different character?

I didn't think we could do something like that until I saw Fighter Kirby, and I'm trying to add a SIMILAR projectile to a different character.

MaxThunder

PM Support
I have a random question...

How can I add a projectile like Fighter Kirby's "Hadouken" to a different character?

I didn't think we could do something like that until I saw Fighter Kirby, and I'm trying to add a SIMILAR projectile to a different character.
the only way we can add "projectiles" to anything at the moment is whith hitboxes, timers and graphic effects... like... make a hitbox whith a graphic effect, then after a set amount of frames, kill it and make a new one a little forward...

ALF

Smash Cadet
the only way we can add "projectiles" to anything at the moment is whith hitboxes, timers and graphic effects... like... make a hitbox whith a graphic effect, then after a set amount of frames, kill it and make a new one a little forward...
Don't terminate the collisions, just state a new offensive collision with the same id. It will override the old one, but make it so it can't multihit people. Terminate only at the very end. Also, graphics can use variables for offsets, but offensive collisions can't as far as I've seen. So, you can use a loop for moving the GFX, but not the hitboxes.

MaxThunder

PM Support
Don't terminate the collisions, just state a new offensive collision with the same id. It will override the old one, but make it so it can't multihit people. Terminate only at the very end. Also, graphics can use variables for offsets, but offensive collisions can't as far as I've seen. So, you can use a loop for moving the GFX, but not the hitboxes.
really depends on what kind of "projectile" you want... and i actually forgot about variables... i gotta learn how to use them soon...

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Okay I'm trying to give zamus a new utilt that's like her throwing electricity upwards. I've got everything good except for the hitboxes working. I have a terminate collisions and a synchronous timer before it if that matters. Does something have to be put in other?

MaxThunder

PM Support
Okay I'm trying to give zamus a new utilt that's like her throwing electricity upwards. I've got everything good except for the hitboxes working. I have a terminate collisions and a synchronous timer before it if that matters. Does something have to be put in other?
does it look something like this?
hitbox
synchronous timer
terminate collisions
hitbox
synchronous timer
terminate collisions

if not, that might be your problem... if this isn't the problem, post a picture... much easier to help then...

shinyspoon42

Smash Journeyman
does anyone know how to get PSA to work for my mac, and could they please tell me? I really would like to design a character, but I only have my mac.

CRUSH_

Smash Cadet
I was experimenting with graphical effects hoping to find ho-oh's shot without the hitboxes/bird/pokeball. I didn't find it but I figured I may as well share what I found out. Some of these numbers were included in the previous graphical effect list (didn't realize that when I tested them) but I got entirely different results. A few of those original ones might still be in here. Just sayin' that so it's not plagiarism.

My descriptions are a little wordy because I value detail. My apologies for the ones that just say 'lame', they were the ones I didn't like and by the time I realized the info might be useful to other people I'd forgotten what they were.

Any mention of size is relative because size is controlled by the codes and I had mine all set to a huge size so I could see them all more clearly.

Whenever I say a direction the effect goes in, I'm probably right but that's also controlled by the codes and the character/attack I used might've been affecting it. I've got no way of knowing. Not sure if this is a valuable contribution, but worth a shot =)

11 little round flash
12 cool flame
13 Lightning
14 sparkly shield bubbles that stay there till you block
15 Small Dust
16 what looks like a bright flash radiating outward
horizontally with shards of broken glass
17 the KO effect
18 Explosion
19 explosion with a few yellow sparks shooting out
20 bright white shield lookin' thing
21 Dust
22 upward wind
23 explosion with a little green/blue
24 lame
25 radiating wind around the feet/ground
26 lame
27 sweet outward rush of wind, one way
28 lame
29 large dust blast
40 forward puff of smoke
41 lingering flame
42 color-changing smoke effect, stays permanently
43 white strobing sparks, stays permanently
44 lame, permanent
45 what appears to be a big pile of ****, permanent
46 dust =/
47 faint yellow lightning bolt from top to bottom, vaguely
resembles pikachu's DownB
48 floating flame, goes through entire color spectrum,
permanent
49 flash, kinda like a firecracker with some color
50 several colored boomy thing, kinda cartoonish
51 orange,then purple boom with a radiating white circle
52 blue sparkles and purple bubblebursts, kinda looks like a
healing spell from a video game
53 faint floatint flame, only regular fire colors, permanent
54 intense slightly lingering fireball, stationary
55 quick burst of purpley-black flame
56 quick spinning/growing flash around the feet/ground with
all cold colors and a little pale orange
57 mario-esque coin effect
58 rainbow boom with what looks like the raygun green line
that stays permanently on the ground
59 rush of forward pale green stuff, kinda like a really weak
close-range hadouken that never takes shape
60 a lot like 53
61 burst of ganondorf-lookin' energy, slightly random in size
and direction
62 creates circle of light coming from the ground up, like the
platform you come down on after dying
63 pale yellow sparkly stuff. not so much like electricity, more
like something girly you'd expect peach to do
64 very fast and short white/black strobing flash followed by
fire
65 smart bomb effect
66 sends what looks like shards of wood in all directions as if
you broke a board like in martial arts
67 a lot like 66 but the shards are green and all the same
shape, kinda like celery
68 rainbow confetti bursts out from the center and then falls
downward
69 looks identical to 68 =/
70 a kind of circle of fire that at first glance looks like it's
from either the firefox attack or when captain falcon's car
takes off, permanent
71 kinda heavenly lookin' white/yellow/green lingering thing a
little like a portal. much longer horizontally than it is tall
72 a spikey rainbow boom with shattering rainbow glass.
looks like when you pick up an item in the newer mariokart
games
73 much like 54 but permanent
74 same as 72 but a concentrated shot upward
75 more silly heal-looking sparkles. I think it might be zelda's
teleport effect
76 like 75 only covers a relatively smaller area
77 radiating multicolored circle with a boom in the middle,
followed by rainbow sparkles and music notes. happens very
quickly
78 more !@#% sparkles
79 I don't see anything, but that doesn't mean nothing's there
80 not sure but looks like the effect from Pit's UpB
81 really cool lingering shock effect, mostly blue with a little
red
82 pale yellow circle strobing and changing size with a bigger
red one around it doing the same
83 sparkles again
84 my guess is powersuit effect from samus. it's a strobing
white light and the energy appears to be getting sucked into it
instead of coming FROM it
85 very very quick yellow spark, almost invisible
86 dust, darker than usual
87 round blue/green flash, probably from zelda
2a puffs of smoke to both sides on the ground, defined lines of
it going in upward directions
2b I see almost nothing
2c black/red boom that turns multicolored right away
2d popping yellow bubbles, very small
2e I see nothing
2f bubbles from jiggly's rest
3A fire Explosion
3B Better fire explosion
3c puff of faint powder and shards of ice flying out. looks like
when somebody gets frozen
3d confetti going downward

Edit: just found out that all this is included in the list in the big psa list thread. I copied and pasted the thing and filled in the blanks so I dunno where the blanks came from XD. Wasted some serious time lol

MaxThunder

PM Support
^epic waste of time^0.o...

a question unrelated to anything i'm planning to do... i know you can increase or decrease a graphic effect over time whith variables... but can you make it get bigger then smaller again...?

IKOU

Smash Apprentice
a question unrelated to anything i'm planning to do... i know you can increase or decrease a graphic effect over time with variables... but can you make it get bigger then smaller again...?
my guess is to just give the effect id and gradually decrease the size

ALF

Smash Cadet
^epic waste of time^0.o...

a question unrelated to anything i'm planning to do... i know you can increase or decrease a graphic effect over time whith variables... but can you make it get bigger then smaller again...?
Just use two loops, one to make it bigger and one to make it smaller. Also, you almost had the 8.5 mil get on that post. D:

Viquey

Smash Journeyman
does anyone know how to get PSA to work for my mac, and could they please tell me? I really would like to design a character, but I only have my mac.
I second this! I have a pc, but it's sooo slow, so it'd be so much more convenient to work on my mac. plus I'd be keeping everything in one place (I do all my textures and planning and such here, then transfer to the pc as needbe).

Really the whole hacking thing in general needs more Mac lurve. :laugh: I might have to learn how myself though...

anyway, I'm here for a question actually. Probably the first of many, as it's my first real project and it's an odd one. But for now, you know the crates? I think I found what summons items, and the value for the crate, but how would I specify WHICH crate? As in, summon the futuristic/sci-fi one and not the giftwrapped or wooden ones, regardless of stage.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
I second this! I have a pc, but it's sooo slow, so it'd be so much more convenient to work on my mac. plus I'd be keeping everything in one place (I do all my textures and planning and such here, then transfer to the pc as needbe).

Really the whole hacking thing in general needs more Mac lurve. :laugh: I might have to learn how myself though...
I hear of some thing called Mono that apparently allows PSA to run on a mac. Don't know much about it myself though.

anyway, I'm here for a question actually. Probably the first of many, as it's my first real project and it's an odd one. But for now, you know the crates? I think I found what summons items, and the value for the crate, but how would I specify WHICH crate? As in, summon the futuristic/sci-fi one and not the giftwrapped or wooden ones, regardless of stage.
I don't believe you can choose. At the very least, no method of doing so is yet known.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
I've heard that JUST changing what subIDs specials reference is enough to create a unique special, but no, the way I've learned is that in most cases this is wrong, especially with characters like Marth, Bowser, etc. who have Special Actions set up to manipulate what's inside in a very, very different way.

I'm REALLY having trouble understanding how things work in the special's tab. Some specials reference up to FOUR other special actions, for example, Bowser's DownB references Three and his SideB references more than four iirc, while all of his neutralB is done in one tab and upB references two special actions. If you simply change the subIDs and mess with the subaction itself, that will not stop each from gathering momentum information from each Action, which is something I also don't understand; how a special action is read.

Any ideas?

Viquey

Smash Journeyman
I hear of some thing called Mono that apparently allows PSA to run on a mac. Don't know much about it myself though.

I don't believe you can choose. At the very least, no method of doing so is yet known.
Sweet, thanks! I'll look that up. :)

Ah, dang. Well maybe I'll be the one to discover how, then. :laugh: Thanks~ ^^

shanus

Smash Hero
Sweet, thanks! I'll look that up. :)

Ah, dang. Well maybe I'll be the one to discover how, then. :laugh: Thanks~ ^^
Google Mono Framework.

Download it and install it for your version of OS X.

Then place the PSA folder somewhere easy to access using Terminal (in applications/utilities/).

Then once in terminal, use the "cd" command to get to the proper directory for PSA.

Then launch PSA using: "mono smashattacks.exe"

Or you can be like me and run parallels and just have windows and os X running in the same instance without rebooting...

Eldiran

Smash Lord
I've heard that JUST changing what subIDs specials reference is enough to create a unique special, but no, the way I've learned is that in most cases this is wrong, especially with characters like Marth, Bowser, etc. who have Special Actions set up to manipulate what's inside in a very, very different way.

I'm REALLY having trouble understanding how things work in the special's tab. Some specials reference up to FOUR other special actions, for example, Bowser's DownB references Three and his SideB references more than four iirc, while all of his neutralB is done in one tab and upB references two special actions. If you simply change the subIDs and mess with the subaction itself, that will not stop each from gathering momentum information from each Action, which is something I also don't understand; how a special action is read.

Any ideas?
You pretty much have to treat every Special as a separate entity. Many times similar things are accomplished in wildly different ways. It's as if totally different programmers did each character (in fact that's probably the case to an extent).

Viquey

Smash Journeyman
Google Mono Framework.

Download it and install it for your version of OS X.

Then place the PSA folder somewhere easy to access using Terminal (in applications/utilities/).

Then once in terminal, use the "cd" command to get to the proper directory for PSA.

Then launch PSA using: "mono smashattacks.exe"

Or you can be like me and run parallels and just have windows and os X running in the same instance without rebooting...
heh, I got it figured out just before I saw this post. XD Thanks though!

It's slow and a little glitchy, but it works. Awesomesauce.

Also, I've been wanting to do that. I need windows to play some of my fav. games, not just for all the programs that don't work for mac. but I don't have a copy of windows handy atm. :/ Eventually though. Then all I'd need is an sd card reader and I could finally keep everything in one place. |D

Mr Physych

Smash Apprentice
Hey i read through the post and i wasnt able to find anything about changing the timing of moves. say for example i want to make captain falcon's U-Air go 10% faster or bowsers Bair to have less landing lag, how do i change those things. or are there any resources that discuss this

Kurausu

Smash Rookie
maybe this is what you want:
Speed up
set parameter 0 to scalar.
with this code you can slow down or speed up any action. i havnt tried, but i think it can be used with timers too,so you can choose with part of an action will be speeded up

Mr Physych

Smash Apprentice
ok so i tried adding it into captain falcons u-Air it said the default type was a value so i changed it to scalar and set the value to 200, when it added the line it said 04070100: 1-C8, which i then placed under the first line which set the bit variable to true.
i dont really know what that does specificly and i havnt tested it yet (my room mate is using my wii) but how would i go about changing landing lag speed. do i just go to aerial landing and add that line, i'm unsure because they are empty to start with.

Mr Physych

Smash Apprentice
ooh. i guessed it would be a percentage. how would i slow it down then? when i put in a decimal it rounds it to 0. also is there a guide or resource that defines all these commands , for example how did u guys figure out 04070100 was the speed command

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
perhaps you're using a different speed up command then I use, but PSA shouldn't round... are you sure you have the newest version

Mr Physych

Smash Apprentice
it says mine is version 0.1 beta, im not sure thats the newest one and if theres a newer one awesome. as for the rounding i set the paramater to a scalar, would that do it?

Kurausu

Smash Rookie
@ Mr Physych:
for slowing down,you just have to type a number less then 1.that means 0,7 oder 0,1.
and for good help and the newer version go to kitty corp, a hacking page.
and by the way.maybe you shouldnt type in 200. i cant even imagine that the game can handle it^^

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
I managed to speed up the endlag and startup lag of falcon punch by 50x (the hitbox area is the normal speed), and the game could handle it.

speeding up by 200x would probably make him fly across the stage and kill himself, seeing as how falcon punch makes him go forward a bit.

Top Bottom