• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
yeah they are...

file patch code 3.5.1 = file replacement code 3.5.1

they both replace textures, music, etc....how are they different?

General Glue

Smash Rookie
the file replacement code and the file patch code are the same thing, guys....

this might help too

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=246272&highlight=Guide
Thanks. I followed the guide and made a good, working ,gct.

But it's still not working. I'm beginning to think the problem is in my SD card, or the way I have things arranged. This is what it looks like.

http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp336/ElmerzgluePwnzU/SDcardSetup.jpg

Note: "Purin.pac" is Wisp, not the original.

Is anything wrong?

Here's what I do to try and use PSA characters.

1. Get my .txt ready. I followed the step-by-step guide, and I know I did this right.
2. Select the File Replacement code from the Code Manager, and make a .gct.
3. Start Brawl through the latest version of Gecko OS.

But, it's not working. Jigglypuff is just plain old Jigglypuff.

General Glue

Smash Rookie
Nope, it's a 1GB SD card. And other things, like BBrawl, work just fine. However, I have never downloaded Brawl+, and I made that fighter directory myself. The only characters in it are Samus and Jigglypuff, because those are the only ones I've ever tried to use PSA for. Not sure if that's a problem.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
You mean FitPurin.pac.

Although I accidentally had a whole folder of "FirMarth##.pcs" and they didn't work. It took me forever to figure out why. XD

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Must...resist...urge..to....say...OH I CANT HELP IT.

YOU'RE TOO SLOW!!!

anyways, name it FitPurin.pac. And if it STILL doesn't work...god help you. :p

pokelover980

Smash Ace
Here's further details on my Final Smash tests:

It seems every character (well, not sure about DDD or the three Pokemon 'cause I can't check them) have the code 1F090100: 3-0 in the "Other" part of their FS in their subactions. I'm assuming that the 1F090100 is an item check, or something of the sorts, and 3-0 checks for the Smash Ball. I'm going to try messing with some of this code and see if I can re-map the FS to another move without freezing.

CheDDar-X

Smash Apprentice
WTF move is that?
It's different now, but the character generates a ray gun (super scope if in air) and rapid fires, then consumes the item.

The only problem I have with the move now is that If I use it in the air, it cancels momentum and starts falling down, even if was jumping on the way up. How can I fix this?

pokelover980

Smash Ace
1F090100 determines if the item you're holding is visible or not.
So it makes the Smash Ball invisible, which makes sense. I'll check the FS in the actions now instead of subactions and see if anything is important there about it.

EDIT: Every character also has 0C060000 in their FS Actions (not subaction). Maybe THIS checks for the Smash Ball or does something of the sorts.

pokelover980

Smash Ace
How do you make a special move do nothing in the air?
I believe going to the subaction for the Air version of the move and blanking it would work, but there should also be something in the actions checking if your in the air or on the ground, but I'm not sure how to do it that way. Look at Peach's or DK's Down-B's Actions and Subactions.

CheDDar-X

Smash Apprentice
I believe going to the subaction for the Air version of the move and blanking it would work, but there should also be something in the actions checking if your in the air or on the ground, but I'm not sure how to do it that way. Look at Peach's or DK's Down-B's Actions and Subactions.
I went to DK's down special, copied the code from there and the game froze.
I'll try the blanking method...

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
It's different now, but the character generates a ray gun (super scope if in air) and rapid fires, then consumes the item.

The only problem I have with the move now is that If I use it in the air, it cancels momentum and starts falling down, even if was jumping on the way up. How can I fix this?
If: In Air
---Set Air/Ground: Undefined (10)
---Change Subaction: 1D6
---Change Action: E, Requirement: Animation End
---Change Action: 16, Requirement: On Ground
Else
---Set Air/Ground: On Ground (6)
---Change Action: 0, Requirement: Animation End

The Change Action: 16 is so that if you land in the middle of the move, you don't keep sliding along the ground as if you're in the air. (It's the "land on ground" action.)

pokelover980

Smash Ace
I went to DK's down special, copied the code from there and the game froze.
I'll try the blanking method...
For the Action? A reason it may have froze would be because you didn't change the Subaction it points to (if anywhere in the code it points to one). If you changed it so it points to the right one, I'm not sure.

CheDDar-X

Smash Apprentice
If: In Air
---Set Air/Ground: Undefined (10)
---Change Action: E, Requirement: Animation End
---Change Action: 16, Requirement: On Ground
Else
---Set Air/Ground: On Ground (6)
---Change Action: 0, Requirement: Animation End

The Change Action: 16 is so that if you land in the middle of the move, you don't keep sliding along the ground as if you're in the air. (It's the "land on ground" action.)
I'm in love with you.

EDIT: These go in the action box, right?

EDIT AGAIN: Uh... I'm not sure if it's the same case anymore...

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/945/rhfjdjejdj.png

What would I change here so that the air version doesn't cancel my momentum and start falling down?

CheDDar-X

Smash Apprentice
Probably after. Right now, you basically have an infinite loop with no away to get out of it.

So after
Yup, I tried it, it worked, thanks!

Now I just have to edit it so Sheik generates the food and eats it in less time, and also make the food invisible.

Otherwise I have a stable Healing move!

pokelover980

Smash Ace
Yup, I tried it, it worked, thanks!

Now I just have to edit it so Sheik generates the food and eats it in less time, and also make the food invisible.

Otherwise I have a stable Healing move!
1F090100 will make your food invisible, just change the parameter to a boolean, and set it to false.

TL?

Smash Ace
Is it possible to transfer moves from other characeters? An example would be falco with fox's reflector.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
TL?: No. And it never will be possible, I think. Falco having a Fox-like-shine is possible and has already been done though.

I wanted to make a move charge for a few seconds while holding the B button, then activate. How would I go about this? I think it has to do with If Button is Pressed and [IC] Compares.

TsuKiyoMe

Smash Journeyman
Ok so I'm trying to make a disjointed hitbox on ZSS's F-Tilt...roughly about the range of Marth's F-Tilt (from the tip of her toe as she kicks).

I was pretty sure this code was right but apparently I might be wrong cause when I go to actually load the game, the move has no hitbox in the area specified. I can only use F-Tilt as normal. No actual hitbox where I wanted it. Here's my code:

I already tried the thing as regular Offensive Collision Boxes as well as moving the hit boxes in with the initial group of 4 hit boxes (6 hitboxes, ID'd 0~5) and I still couldn't produce anything. Suggestions?

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
....We can hardly read that. Get a better screencap? (Upload to tinypic or Imageshack or something)

Edit: Although, you do need to set flags for the first collision - Copy them from some other move?

CheDDar-X

Smash Apprentice
About 0E010200 - The 4th parameter seems to deal with if it stacks with the current momentum, or overrides it completely. It's not ALWAYS the case, but it seems to impact it at some level. Maybe camelot can look into it. (Is there some way I can contact you through a messenger?)
How can I use this so that a subaction keeps a the current momentum instead of moving down? (If I'm going up from the use of a jump and I interrupt the jump with said subaction, the momentum from the jump cancels and I start going downward.)

TsuKiyoMe

Smash Journeyman
....We can hardly read that. Get a better screencap? (Upload to tinypic or Imageshack or something)

Edit: Although, you do need to set flags for the first collision - Copy them from some other move?

Better?

Anyways, I just deleted flags in that screenshot. They were set correctly but I removed it to see if it did anything (which it didn't as expected)

Edit: Okay I think I understand... I guess the HitBox Flags aren't set correctly? Anyone who can help me figure out what it should be, that'd be great lol

BurningCrusader777

Smash Journeyman
Change that asynchronous timer before the special offensive collisions into a synchronous timer. The way you have it set up now, the game produces the hitboxes on frame 1 of the animation, but it's already passed that frame, thus no hitbox.

CheDDar-X

Smash Apprentice
Change that asynchronous timer before the special offensive collisions into a synchronous timer. The way you have it set up now, the game produces the hitboxes on frame 1 of the animation, but it's already passed that frame, thus no hitbox.
I've made that same oops several times... searching every line trying to figure it out. I hade a Asynchronous timer in an infinite loop! :laugh:

Is it ok if you help me out as well? I have this subaction that is canceling the any upward momentum I have and making me go downward... how do I get the momentum to stack?

TsuKiyoMe

Smash Journeyman
Okay. Got it to work. Thanks a bunch.

Edit: Okay can someone link me to a guide that explains how to set flags correctly or can someone quickly explain it?
I'm not really understanding OPs post on how they work. It'd make my life a whole lot easier.

This is explains why certain moves I want to kill won't kill...cause flags are set incorrectly it seems. (Or am I wrong?)

BurningCrusader777

Smash Journeyman
I've made that same oops several times... searching every line trying to figure it out. I hade a Asynchronous timer in an infinite loop! :laugh:

Is it ok if you help me out as well? I have this subaction that is canceling the any upward momentum I have and making me go downward... how do I get the momentum to stack?

Could you post a screencap or transcribed code? It's tough to help without seeing your lines of coding lol :laugh:

Okay. Got it to work. Thanks a bunch.

Edit: Okay can someone link me to a guide that explains how to set flags correctly or can someone quickly explain it?
I'm not really understanding OPs post on how they work. It'd make my life a whole lot easier.

This is explains why certain moves I want to kill won't kill...cause flags are set incorrectly it seems. (Or am I wrong?)
Flags shouldn't have any affect on the ability to hit, other than setting priority. I suppose that certain elemental flags may affect certain matchups (vs. Ivysaur, Squirtle, and Charizard, for example, due to that increased/decreased knockback they receive), but otherwise, they only cover sound effects, graphic effects, and priority type.

Top Bottom