• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TsuKiyoMe

Smash Journeyman
For my sanity, can someone please try to change the hit boxes on ZSS on her F-Tilt and tell me if it crashes your game. All I'm doing is changing the X and Y Offset on the move and it seems to induce crashing. However, if I leave it alone, it loads perfectly fine. I'm confused as heck as to what is going on here...

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Question about the floating: How can I make it so that once you use it once, you can't use it again?

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Question about the floating: How can I make it so that once you use it once, you can't use it again?
In the floating action, set a bit variable, such as LA-Bit[100] to true. On the Change Action 119 that initiates floating, add an Additional Requirement: Bit is Set: LA-Bit[100].

CheDDar-X

Smash Apprentice
In the floating action, set a bit variable, such as LA-Bit[100] to true. On the Change Action 119 that initiates floating, add an Additional Requirement: Bit is Set: LA-Bit[100].
Woah... your good at this.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
If you understand basic programming this program isn't that hard. Unless you have unexplained errors like mine hahaha.
It's true. Speaking of, I tried changing the offset of the first hitbox of ZSS' ftilt, and... it worked fine. Perhaps you could post a screenshot of your subaction? Or, if that's the only change you've made, you could start from scratch and see if the same changes result in the same crash.

TsuKiyoMe

Smash Journeyman
It's true. Speaking of, I tried changing the offset of the first hitbox of ZSS' ftilt, and... it worked fine. Perhaps you could post a screenshot of your subaction? Or, if that's the only change you've made, you could start from scratch and see if the same changes result in the same crash.
Do you have AIM? If so, just AIM me (sometime preferably after 9:30 PM EST...that's like an hour from now).

I'd love it if you'd be able to help me with it. I'll actually give you the file and if you can give me a heads up as to what is going on, that'd be fine.

I'd say AIM me now but I have a phone interview at the moment for a programming job ... and considering I have no income, I kinda gotta take it. Hahaha.

CheDDar-X

Smash Apprentice
I finally got the final smash to work!!! :D

Shiek taunts, and and as she taunts characters take a hit that hits everywhere on the stage (Massive hit bawcks lol) this hit does 25 damage, and has very little knockback, no knockback growth, but spikes a little tiny bit.
Then several things happen. Time slows down for everyone except Sheik (Timer item) and in a shrieking blast, everyone becomes tiny as well (lightning item). Sheik finishes the taunt and is free to rampage.

This could back fire in a few ways though! The timer can backfire, so everyone becomes slow (but somehow when this happened, everyone slowed for a bit and once the taunt finished everyone sped up again). And also, the lightning can backfire and make all opponents Giant. (This is only a slight backfire because they are still slow, so you can peck at them like crazy.)

I just realized no one probably cares... sorry for going so off topic.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Do you have AIM? If so, just AIM me (sometime preferably after 9:30 PM EST...that's like an hour from now).

I'd love it if you'd be able to help me with it. I'll actually give you the file and if you can give me a heads up as to what is going on, that'd be fine.

I'd say AIM me now but I have a phone interview at the moment for a programming job ... and considering I have no income, I kinda gotta take it. Hahaha.
It's cool. I actually am on these boards way more often than I am on AIM, so if you want to PM me the file/anything else that might work better. Good luck on your interview though.

@Cheddar: You know, if you want to avoid the Timer malfunctioning, you could use the "Time Manipulation" command instead of the Timer. You'd have to toy with the parameters to your liking, but you may end up with something cooler in the end (like stopping time entirely >D).

Viquey

Smash Journeyman
Geh, questions get lost in these threads so easily. so I'll ask again. XD

How do you set it so a character can do a move (a special, for instance) only once before landing, without going into disabled fall (and therefore being able to do any other moves)? Like Zamus' down+B, Snake's up+B, etc.

I see something further up about floating only once, but since my Wii's giving me disc read errors I can't test to see if it's what I'm trying to do. D:

CheDDar-X

Smash Apprentice
@Cheddar: You know, if you want to avoid the Timer malfunctioning, you could use the "Time Manipulation" command instead of the Timer. You'd have to toy with the parameters to your liking, but you may end up with something cooler in the end (like stopping time entirely >D).
Well I did more testing and stuff, I actually like the idea of it backfiring once in a while. (Sometimes its pretty much completely useless, the timer malfunctions and the lightning makes your opponents bigger.) After all, I made a character that I don't think is balanced, but not too over powered. The dash attack is an uber move. So many options, because if you tap A while running and let go of the button, she'll do the attack (which is her running a bit with a hit box) and just keep going. Out of this you can forward smash, up smash, down smash, grab, pretty much everything, because the whatever attack you do keeps some of the momentum! And if you grab during this artificial run, it's not a running grab, it's a quick, sliding regular grab. Perfect for chaining. Gave her a spike, and air dodge and step dodge give her invisibilty (it's controlled, most animations make her visible again) and she doesnt transform into Zelda, instead she does the B-up. i just copy pasted. And I added a bunch of cool lightning effects. That's basically my character.

CheDDar-X

Smash Apprentice
Quick question... is there a way to make it so that the shield graphic doesn't show up, but the character still sheilds?

sparkswordkirby

Smash Cadet
Is it possible to increase how far kirbys dash attack can go?i want it to slide farther but i have no clue how.does it only respond to how fast his dash is?

PS.on a side note,would anyone know the value for the bone of kirby's right hand?:p

BurningCrusader777

Smash Journeyman
Is it possible to increase how far kirbys dash attack can go?i want it to slide farther but i have no clue how.does it only respond to how fast his dash is?

PS.on a side note,would anyone know the value for the bone of kirby's right hand?:p

I suppose you could use the momentum modifier (0E080400 IIRC), but I'm not sure how that would jive with his animation and hitboxes as far as timing and positioning go.

sparkswordkirby

Smash Cadet
is there even the slightest of a chance that could cause a freeze?
or would it just make his animation and hitboxes act a little weird?

homeless hobo

Smash Rookie
I downloaded the data pack and I was wondering what the fit(character)motion.pac files are. Which do I modify? the motion.pac or the regular .pac file?

ALF

Smash Cadet
0C without a number I think is hit a wall
I think 0B is if you hit someone. If you look at sonic special action 117, you can see it switches to wallhit if 0C, and 11C (specialNhit) if requirement 0B is met.

Edit: 0B000200 0-2, 0-1 definitely seems like an IF collision function. 0B010200: 0-0 0-FFFFFFFF seems to be the mode to end it

So like you could do Ifcollision, do this hitbox, EndCollisionIf

Eldiran, if you get the chance, could you test both of these findings (requirement 0B & then the 0B function?
Oh my god thank you so much. I've needed this for almost a week so I can continue my project, and you supply me with two different ways to do it. You're a godsend.

TsuKiyoMe

Smash Journeyman
Any luck Eldiran? I've been trying to figure out what's wrong again for about an hour and haven't had any luck.

I've concluded that either

A) My PSA doesn't work
B) The file is corrupted some how
or C) ZSS isn't meant to be edited.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
A/B) Can you edit it, after you save it? If so make sure you save to a clear path like the desktop.

C)It seems the others can edit ZSS

TsuKiyoMe

Smash Journeyman
A/B) Can you edit it, after you save it? If so make sure you save to a clear path like the desktop.

C)It seems the others can edit ZSS
I can edit it after I save it. It's just whenever editing the F-Tilt, D-Tilt, or U-Tilt, the game crashes after I've programmed the move. Everything else is going fine.

Does saving it to the Desktop actually matter? I have it saved like several folders deep on the harddrive. I've never heard of something like that being an issue but I'm willing to try anything here.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
I got mine from the old Meow Mix forums on Proboards, they had a download thread and that's where I got it from (it's the character effects)

sparkswordkirby

Smash Cadet
Ok i used the momentum modifier on kirbyd dash attack,changed the first 2 parameters to 8 and the 2nd parameter to 1.their all scalar and i didn't mess with parameter 3.
But for some reason kirby's dash attack doesn't gain momentum,neither does his dash or run,BUT whenever i do a dashing upsmash,he gets a boost half the length of final destination. and it only works when i dash and do up smash with the cstick,not with the control stick and a button. Does anyone know whats wrong here?

Edit: Oh yeah the line at the very top is the momentum modifier:p

MysticKenji

Smash Master
But for some reason kirby's dash attack doesn't gain momentum,neither does his dash or run
uncheck "moves character" in animation flags

,BUT whenever i do a dashing upsmash,he gets a boost half the length of final destination. and it only works when i dash and do up smash with the cstick,not with the control stick and a button.
.........o_O

CheDDar-X

Smash Apprentice
How do I make Sheik's down smash more like Pikachu's with multi-hits? Is it just hit box and then a synchronous timer of 1 frame and repeat? I'll try that for now cause it makes sense....

Eldiran

Smash Lord
@Cheddar: if you want multiple hitboxes to be able to strike the same foe, make sure to place a Terminate Collisions before each hitbox.

Top Bottom