• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
My tests have been startlingly successful.

0D000200 0-9 2-offset
does indeed trigger the offset code once an enemy (or other obstacle) is in front of or touching you. Impressive.

Also gleaned from Ike's Quick Draw code is the Requirement that dictates if you have hit a wall. Within is a Change Action 65, with the requirement 0C: 2. 0C: 2 determines if you are contacting a wall on your left. Similarly, 0C: 4 determines if you are contacting a wall on your right. At least, that's been my conclusion -- I've got it so that I walking into a wall causes me to jump as my test. It usually works -- it doesn't seem to detect it if you started already next to the wall.
Excellent, I shall try that out soon.

Unrelated, I nomnate Eldirain to be in the WBR. His skills with PSA are evident, he is able to find many events, and I am sure that he could help tremendously with the coding of characters.

SatoshiKura

Smash Rookie
I can't get this to work!
It doesn't open the .pac files- it just says error reading files. I NEED HELP!

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Excellent, I shall try that out soon.

Unrelated, I nomnate Eldirain to be in the WBR. His skills with PSA are evident, he is able to find many events, and I am sure that he could help tremendously with the coding of characters.
Ah! Hah, thank you, I'm flattered. Does it really work like that; people are just nominated? ('specially people who haven't been to any tournaments <.<)

I can't get this to work!
It doesn't open the .pac files- it just says error reading files. I NEED HELP!
Are you trying to load Dedede, or the Pokemon Trainer? Those don't work.

Are you using the right .pac files? Keep in mind, these .pac files have no numbers; it's just FitCaptain.pac, or whoever.

@Magus420: Are you working on a PSA character? I've seen you make some rather brilliant contributions regarding PSA events and variables, but I haven't seen anything by you released. I'd be eager to see what you've been making if you're actually working on something.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Ah! Hah, thank you, I'm flattered. Does it really work like that; people are just nominated? ('specially people who haven't been to any tournaments <.<)
I wish it were that easy, No, but it helps if you are good at coding. However you are as knowledgable as a lot of the WBR.

and please sig that part of my earlier post lol, just cuz ;0

CheDDar-X

Smash Apprentice
I made a custom final smash for sheik, and I get T-stanced... :(

any suggestions so that sheik goes to fall or back to normal?

CheDDar-X

Smash Apprentice

shanus

Smash Hero

Are you trying to load Dedede, or the Pokemon Trainer? Those don't work.

Are you using the right .pac files? Keep in mind, these .pac files have no numbers; it's just FitCaptain.pac, or whoever.

@Magus420: Are you working on a PSA character? I've seen you make some rather brilliant contributions regarding PSA events and variables, but I haven't seen anything by you released. I'd be eager to see what you've been making if you're actually working on something.
We take applications at certain periods. After the next official B+ release, I will bring up the prospect of another application period.

Also Magus' findings with the 0B000200 code seem to show that if the values of 1 or 2 at the start could correspond to picking up items vs testing hurtbox collisions. There are a lot of properties to explore with these functions.

TsuKiyoMe

Smash Journeyman
Is there a limit to the amount of code you can have in a given move?

I'm currently trying to edit ZSS's F-Tilt. If I add any statements, it changes the offset which I noticed causes the game to crash. Adding a NOP statement then removing it immediately (which just changes the offset of the move) also causes the game to crash.

Currently the code for the move is the standard ZSS code, unchanged. Is there any way to add 2 more hit boxes to this move without it crashing?

I've tried using a Sub-Routine and it doesn't seem to change anything. My assumption is just you can't edit the move in the way I'm trying. Still input is appreciated.

shanus

Smash Hero
My tests have been startlingly successful.

0D000200 0-9 2-offset
does indeed trigger the offset code once an enemy (or other obstacle) is in front of or touching you. Impressive.

Also gleaned from Ike's Quick Draw code is the Requirement that dictates if you have hit a wall. Within is a Change Action 65, with the requirement 0C: 2. 0C: 2 determines if you are contacting a wall on your left. Similarly, 0C: 4 determines if you are contacting a wall on your right. At least, that's been my conclusion -- I've got it so that I walking into a wall causes me to jump as my test. It usually works -- it doesn't seem to detect it if you started already next to the wall.
0C without a number I think is hit a wall
I think 0B is if you hit someone. If you look at sonic special action 117, you can see it switches to wallhit if 0C, and 11C (specialNhit) if requirement 0B is met.

Edit: 0B000200 0-2, 0-1 definitely seems like an IF collision function. 0B010200: 0-0 0-FFFFFFFF seems to be the mode to end it

So like you could do Ifcollision, do this hitbox, EndCollisionIf

Eldiran, if you get the chance, could you test both of these findings (requirement 0B & then the 0B function?

Dantarion

Smash Champion
I am working on a giant PSA documentation wiki at *SNIP*
After I finish documentation of the actual file format, I'm gonna start documenting all the commands and params.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Quick question

Has anyone found out how Peach is able to float using PSA?
I haven't looked at it, but I'm fairly certain I know how to replicate it, if that's what you want to know.

We take applications at certain periods. After the next official B+ release, I will bring up the prospect of another application period.
Ah, thanks.

0C without a number I think is hit a wall
I think 0B is if you hit someone. If you look at sonic special action 117, you can see it switches to wallhit if 0C, and 11C (specialNhit) if requirement 0B is met.

Edit: 0B000200 0-2, 0-1 definitely seems like an IF collision function. 0B010200: 0-0 0-FFFFFFFF seems to be the mode to end it

So like you could do Ifcollision, do this hitbox, EndCollisionIf

Eldiran, if you get the chance, could you test both of these findings (requirement 0B & then the 0B function?
Yyyyes! Good insights, Shanus. If I set Change Action with the requirement 0B, the action changes if I strike someone with a hitbox. Most excellent.

Later today I may fiddle around with 0B000200 and its cousin. It may not be entirely necessary as a "If Collision" function now though considering Requirement 0B, but it'd be good to know regardless.

I am working on a giant PSA documentation wiki at *SNIP*
After I finish documentation of the actual file format, I'm gonna start documenting all the commands and params.
Good work, that sounds useful. After all, I'm not sure this thread is recieving any updates...

Doval

Smash Lord
I'm terribly looking forward to your Wiki, Dantarion. I was all gung-ho about PSA and then I kind of hit a wall into what I could figure out on my own, and this thread moves so fast that if I stop paying attention for a day I miss out on like 6 pages. I was waiting for this guide to update with all the most recent info but since that doesn't appear to be happening (I'm sure PK has his reasons)...Needless to say I don't feel like scavenging through 127 pages.

Also if anyone does succeed at making Samus's have hitboxes I will love you forever.

CheDDar-X

Smash Apprentice

pokelover980

Smash Ace
Has anyone figured out how to turn a regular move into the characters FS? I know it freezes if you try and do it regularly, so what if you do something like Producing a Smash Ball, then using the "Consume Item" command immediately to have them break the smash ball, and then they use the final smash.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Cheddar, your subaction link doesn't seem to connect to an image. But I bet that's just Imageshack being Imageshack.

@pokelover: Give it a try! I don't think many people have experimented with such things. I know I can't help you, at least.

CheDDar-X

Smash Apprentice
Cheddar, your subaction link doesn't seem to connect to an image. But I bet that's just Imageshack being Imageshack.

@pokelover: Give it a try! I don't think many people have experimented with such things. I know I can't help you, at least.
It should work now, there was an error in the link.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
First, I recommend updating to the latest version of PSA here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=244302

It makes everything much easier.

Next, there's a problem with your hitbox -- it has no flag. Find a flag with sound effects and an element you like, and paste it in there.

Finally, the real cause of your problem: Shiek posesses no AppealLwR animation. You'll notice Subactions 1C0 and 1C1 are both just AppealLw. Change the animation to AppealLw and it should work.

pokelover980

Smash Ace

Mostly a failure. I set it for only the SpecialN on the ground. I tested a few things. I used Mario as my dummy. My results were:

-If you use SpecialN in the air, but you touch the ground before the animation ends, you will go into the animation for the final smash, however far you would be in the animation from when you pressed B.
- Using it on the ground without falling into it causes a freeze, and it looks like Mario was getting ready to wind up for his FS. I'll see if I can fix this, possibly by putting a timer in the "Other" part of the subaction, at the very beginning. I think the first line of code checks to see whether or not a Smash Ball has been broken by that character. If I make it wait, say, 20 or 30 frames, it might work, because it gives the Generate Item and Consume Item codes to activate.

I won't be able to test this right now, I will in a little bit.

shanus

Smash Hero
Eldiran, some more (untested) findings:

if you look in Ness, subroutine 000176A8

if 0B
062D0000;
end if;

(Lucas has the same thing, subroutine 00019078)

This is tied to when his upB hits something in midair. This function somehow shortens or lessens momentum after a collision in midair.

CheDDar-X

Smash Apprentice
First, I recommend updating to the latest version of PSA here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=244302

It makes everything much easier.

Next, there's a problem with your hitbox -- it has no flag. Find a flag with sound effects and an element you like, and paste it in there.

Finally, the real cause of your problem: Shiek posesses no AppealLwR animation. You'll notice Subactions 1C0 and 1C1 are both just AppealLw. Change the animation to AppealLw and it should work.
Look at me, all outdated! XO

Thanks you so much for your help!
I shall update, copy a flag from some other attack, and I already changed the animation, just now.

Thanks again.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Eldiran, please tell me how to replicate the float that peach does. :)
Hokay. *takes deep breath*

You should be able to replace one of the Special actions to make your own "Floating" action. So, let's assume we're using 118 for this discussion (this will screw up special moves if you haven't already edited 'em). In 118 you'll want to change to a corresponding Subaction (I'd use one of the Special subactions; let's make it 1CE). So we'll have Change Subaction 1CE, and the typical Change Action 0, Req: On Ground, etc.

To allow us to use our new action and subaction, we'll go to all the aerial states we want to be able to float in (like Fall, FallF, etc) and put Change Action 118, Req: Button Press 2. (2 is any jump button.)

If you want the float to cease the moment you release the jump button, then in Action 118 add Change Action E, Req: Button Not Pressed 2.

So! The actual floating part. In Subaction 1CE, Set RA-Bit[0] to true. That makes the character float. At the very least we should be stuck in midair now. Whether we can move sideways or not depends on stuff I don't understand. But if we can't, we can probably hack it so we can.

Also, be sure to put some way for the character to get out of floating. Perhaps at a certain frame of 1CE we put Change Action E, Req: In Air.

Phew! Does all that make sense so far? Feel free to ask questions, or give it a try on your character.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
EDIT: Aw crap, I just double posted. Sorry.

Mostly a failure. I set it for only the SpecialN on the ground. I tested a few things. I used Mario as my dummy. My results were:

-If you use SpecialN in the air, but you touch the ground before the animation ends, you will go into the animation for the final smash, however far you would be in the animation from when you pressed B.
- Using it on the ground without falling into it causes a freeze, and it looks like Mario was getting ready to wind up for his FS. I'll see if I can fix this, possibly by putting a timer in the "Other" part of the subaction, at the very beginning. I think the first line of code checks to see whether or not a Smash Ball has been broken by that character. If I make it wait, say, 20 or 30 frames, it might work, because it gives the Generate Item and Consume Item codes to activate.

I won't be able to test this right now, I will in a little bit.
Sounds like the inner workings of Mario's Fireball is screwing you up. Personally I'd first test it on just a taunt to see if you can generate and consume a Smash Ball in such a manner.

Eldiran, some more (untested) findings:

if you look in Ness, subroutine 000176A8

if 0B
062D0000;
end if;

(Lucas has the same thing, subroutine 00019078)

This is tied to when his upB hits something in midair. This function somehow shortens or lessens momentum after a collision in midair.
This also appears very interesting. I'll look into it.

@Cheddar: no problem, I'm glad to help.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
So! The actual floating part. In Subaction 1CE, Set RA-Bit[0] to true. That makes the character float. At the very least we should be stuck in midair now. Whether we can move sideways or not depends on stuff I don't understand. But if we can't, we can probably hack it so we can.
If it doesn't work can't we just add a sub-routine that checks to see if the joystick is moved and use it to add momentum or stop it?

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Sweet! I might just try this out on a character just to see if it works, though I'm not sure how the whole action thing would work out. So how would I edit someones up-b action so I can have a free action to make this? I'm not quite sure exactly how to do this

CheDDar-X

Smash Apprentice
Is it possible to add a Glide to a character?

Like I already had an animation in mind for it.

pokelover980

Smash Ace
Hm, I tested generating a Smash Ball on his Side Taunt, but it didn't work.

The Smash Ball got stuck in Mario's hand. When he attacked, he could hurt it. The enemy could, though, but it couldn't be broken. Mario couldn't throw it, either. Eventually when enough damage is dealt to Mario, he will drop it and it will proceed to float around the stage like normal. I added a consume item command as well, but it did no good. It seems generating a Smash Ball just won't work right.

CheDDar-X

Smash Apprentice
What's the bone ID for the torso, chest , or waist? Either one would be fine.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
@RocketPSIence: you can't have a Special perform identically to its normal version if you want to use an Action, but most of the time when we edit Specials we end up using less actions than normal, so that's where the extra actions come from.

@Cheddar: You can add an awkward, non-angleable glide in a similar manner as adding Peach's float. But to add it legitimately, I don't currently know how to do.

@Pokelover: Bummer. Maybe try different values for the parameter for Consume Item? For example, just destroying an item is 0-0, whereas eating food is 0-2.

EDIT:
@TsuKiyoMe: Unfortunately it doesn't seem so :(

CheDDar-X

Smash Apprentice
@Cheddar: You can add an awkward, non-angleable glide in a similar manner as adding Peach's float. But to add it legitimately, I don't currently know how to do.
Ah.... ok thanks.

No one has the Torso bone ID? I'm pretty desperate because I want my lightning effect to be in the middle of Sheik's body... not her feet. X[

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Oh yeah, I totally forgot that I never use Final Smashes, I assume I can just use that? Well it's on to float for me!

Eldiran

Smash Lord
To find bones, the best way is to make a bunch of noticeable graphic effects on varying bones separated by timers. Example: set graphic 10 on bone 1, and when the sparkle shows, you can see what bone 1 is.

Top Bottom