• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Howcome the base knockback of wolfs dash attack is 00010032? Hidden parameter much?

the 1 is a weight-dependent knockback multiplier.

to quote from magus:

"Weight-Dependent Set KB
It would seem that the 1st 4 digits on KBG are used when creating set KB that is affected by weight (how moves naturally have set KB), as opposed to the known way to create set KB through 0 KBG and all into BKB which ends up ignoring weight due to the way BKB works.

Let's take a look at some of the full KBG values on natural set KB moves:

XXXXYYYY
XXXX - Value for KBG-based set KB
YYYY - Value for KBG, and modifier for KBG-based set KB

Toon Link
D-Smash (1st Hit):
00960064 - (150 Weight-Dependant SetKB; 100/1.00 modifier?)
00780064 - (120 Weight-Dependant SetKB; 100/1.00 modifier?)
00500064 - (80 Weight-Dependant SetKB; 100/1.00 modifier?)

F-Smash (1st Hit):
0028006E - (40 Weight-Dependant SetKB; 110/1.10 modifier?)
001E006E - (30 Weight-Dependant SetKB; 110/1.10 modifier?)

Luigi
Jab 1 (All 3 Hitboxes):
00140064 - (20 Weight-Dependant SetKB; 100/1.00 modifier?)

D-Taunt:
00B40064 - (180 Weight-Dependant SetKB; 100/1.00 modifier?)

I don't know exactly what the normal KBG value does (usually 100), but it seems to scale the previously hidden value.

I'm going to take a guess and say that the 100 KBG 0 BKB often found on "hardcoded" set KB attacks probably ends up resulting in 100%/1.00x of the KB power specified by this newly uncovered value when included."
"

Raoh

Smash Cadet
If I want to add a slight stall in the air (like Mario's cape for example).

How would I go about doing that?

pokelover980

Smash Ace
I just saw the most hilarious thing in Mario's cape.

At the very end, there is a a code, 06180300, with the parameters 0-3, 0-0, and 0-2. Oddly, when I go in the "Change Action" part, it shows up as consume item. I clicked on the code in the Subaction box, and the description was "Undefined: Appears to have to with defensive collision."

But on a side note, neither 0-0 OR 0-2 will work for destroying the Smash Ball and gaining it's power with the consume item command. I need to keep testing more, but as far 0-0 makes the Smash Ball disappear as soon as the taunt generates it. 0-2 has had no effect except once, where it acted like 0-0. I'll keep testing and tell when I come up with something successful. I'm still thinking one the commands in the final smash checks to see if the Smash Ball has been activated, then moves on to the following commands. I think it goes something like this (in all FS's):

Check if Smash Ball Activate: If
Yes: Map Final Smash to B, temporarily disable NeutralB
If:
B Pressed: Activate Final Smash
Else: Goto (whatever subaction FS is)
Else: Terminate Action

I'm not saying how they're set up, I'm saying that's how the one command works. It also is more likely to do with the Smash Ball since it's description is "Undefined: Concerns Items". Like I said, I'll look it up a little more. I think changing it's parameters to 0-0 would allow it to work without a Smash Ball, just map it to NeutralB instead.

sparkswordkirby

Smash Cadet
...sounds like you discovered something sparky...
Lol maybe i did:O
anyways,i disabled move character on the dash attack.it works,but when its done he zips back to where he previously was.is that because its too fast?
how can i fix it if it ISN'T too fast?:p

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Dude, where do people get all these insightful quotes from Magus420? I've only ever seen quotes of super useful info from him. What thread am I missing?

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
the 1 is a weight-dependent knockback multiplier.

to quote from magus:

"Weight-Dependent Set KB
It would seem that the 1st 4 digits on KBG are used when creating set KB that is affected by weight (how moves naturally have set KB), as opposed to the known way to create set KB through 0 KBG and all into BKB which ends up ignoring weight due to the way BKB works.

Let's take a look at some of the full KBG values on natural set KB moves:

XXXXYYYY
XXXX - Value for KBG-based set KB
YYYY - Value for KBG, and modifier for KBG-based set KB

Toon Link
D-Smash (1st Hit):
00960064 - (150 Weight-Dependant SetKB; 100/1.00 modifier?)
00780064 - (120 Weight-Dependant SetKB; 100/1.00 modifier?)
00500064 - (80 Weight-Dependant SetKB; 100/1.00 modifier?)

F-Smash (1st Hit):
0028006E - (40 Weight-Dependant SetKB; 110/1.10 modifier?)
001E006E - (30 Weight-Dependant SetKB; 110/1.10 modifier?)

Luigi
Jab 1 (All 3 Hitboxes):
00140064 - (20 Weight-Dependant SetKB; 100/1.00 modifier?)

D-Taunt:
00B40064 - (180 Weight-Dependant SetKB; 100/1.00 modifier?)

I don't know exactly what the normal KBG value does (usually 100), but it seems to scale the previously hidden value.

I'm going to take a guess and say that the 100 KBG 0 BKB often found on "hardcoded" set KB attacks probably ends up resulting in 100%/1.00x of the KB power specified by this newly uncovered value when included."
"
That's KBG, not BKB. The 1 in the BKB suggests that the attack eats shields, similar to shield breaker and rest.

General Glue

Smash Rookie
Sorry, I have some rather basic questions. I can't find the answers anywhere.

Where do I place .pac files on my SD card when I want to use them? I saw a listed directory like "Private >> Wii >> Fighters", or something like that, but I don't have that directory. My "Private" folder looks like this. Private >> Wii >> Title >> aktn >> content .bin.

Where can I get the correct files? Thanks.

Note: I already have the HBC and Gecko OS installed.

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
You make the directory yourself. Make some folders with those names.

It's private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/(character name).

It's the same place you would put character textures.

General Glue

Smash Rookie
Thanks a lot. For future reference, is there a place where I can find basic info such as that without clogging up threads like this?

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Alright, I have a question, and perhaps someone like Eldirain can help me. So I nee to makee a character invisible for the whole match. How could I do that?

CheDDar-X

Smash Apprentice
Alright, I have a question, and perhaps someone like Eldirain can help me. So I nee to makee a character invisible for the whole match. How could I do that?
Ooh! Ooh! I know!!

Go to Subaction 1C2 and 1C3, which would be the Entry animation, for when the match starts, one of them is for facing left and one is for facing right.
Add a line of code to the top of those animations that looks just like this:

Visibility: 3-0

That's the code for making that animation invisible. The trick is that the character only becomes visible again if it comes to an animation containing the line of code that looks just like this:

Visibility: 3-1

So after adding the first code to both entry animations, go through the "Main" section of every animation and make sure there is no Visibility: 3-1. If there is, highlight and remove it.

And If you want them also invisible on the Results screen, find those subactions that are:

-Win1
-Win1Wait
-Win2
-Win2Wait
-Win3
-Win3Wait
-Lose

and add Visibility: 3-0 to the top of those as well. The character will always be invisible. (Effects will still show up.)

CheDDar-X

Smash Apprentice
But what is the line of code in the event?
Add -> Double click "Nop:" -> Hit the "Change" button. -> Scroll down to the very bottom, and you will see Visibility. Select it. -> In the drop down menu for "Type", select Boolean. -> True is Visible, False is invisible.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Add -> Double click "Nop:" -> Hit the "Change" button. -> Scroll down to the very bottom, and you will see Visibility. Select it. -> In the drop down menu for "Type", select Boolean. -> True is Visible, False is invisible.
Nevermind. You didn't understand what I said, but whatever. I know how to use this program, I was asking for the lin of code.

kirox777

Smash Apprentice
does any1 kno how to create a weapon to use for a smash attack? like phoenix marios side smash or echo sheiks side smash. i tried to give my sheik a side smash like that but she does everything properly except the electric looking sword is missing any help on how to make one?

CheDDar-X

Smash Apprentice
Nevermind. You didn't understand what I said, but whatever. I know how to use this program, I was asking for the lin of code.
I don't know what you mean by that... I gave you step by step...

I don't know what line of code your talking about... where is the code for? I mean like what box does this code go in? :dizzy:

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I believe he wanted the event number. For example, Offensive Collision is 06000D00.

Visibility (At least, as far as I can tell) wasn't an event documented in the events.txt that came with PW's release. And when he asked what value invisibility was, you acted like he was a moron, without actually answering what his question was.

Granted, I'm fairly sure it was just a misunderstanding, but an annoying one, for sure.

sparkswordkirby

Smash Cadet
Hey guys im trying to find the bone for kirbys right hand,his first jab uses his right hand and says 1B6,but whenever i try linking that into my side tilt(i changed its animation to lightthrowF so it looks like hes punching) the game just freezes.what am i doing wrong?O.o

CheDDar-X

Smash Apprentice
I believe he wanted the event number. For example, Offensive Collision is 06000D00.

Visibility (At least, as far as I can tell) wasn't an event documented in the events.txt that came with PW's release. And when he asked what value invisibility was, you acted like he was a moron, without actually answering what his question was.

Granted, I'm fairly sure it was just a misunderstanding, but an annoying one, for sure.
It was a misunderstanding. Sorry.

Is 0B020100 what he's looking for? I don't really use those codes, that's why I was confused as to what he was asking. I use the box with all the events and pick whichever whatever.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
@Cookiem0nster: for making a character invisible the entire match, you should know that certain people's attacks might make you re-visible (such as when Yoshi grabs or eggs you). I recommend also adding the Visibility command to any states where you take damage, along with CaptureCut.

tsunami70875

Smash Journeyman
@Cookiem0nster: for making a character invisible the entire match, you should know that certain people's attacks might make you re-visible (such as when Yoshi grabs or eggs you). I recommend also adding the Visibility command to any states where you take damage, along with CaptureCut.
also, you'll need to re-add invisiblity everytime you respawn

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Hey guys im trying to find the bone for kirbys right hand,his first jab uses his right hand and says 1B6,but whenever i try linking that into my side tilt(i changed its animation to lightthrowF so it looks like hes punching) the game just freezes.what am i doing wrong?O.o
O.o; Good god, are there any characters with THAT many bones? 1B6 is the 438th bone.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
I have one with (i think) all of the known events so far, i don't know if anyone else has one

Kirby's bones are just numbered oddly
Oh.

Does anyone know if it's possible to change the speed of ONLY the animation? The current frame speed modifier changes the entire move speed.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
oK, thanks guys. I was just messing around in order to let only the blue falcon prop visible. Dory for the misunderstanding as well.

Somewhat unrelated: do you know how to edit the hurtbox?

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Oh, all you have to do is add the one line and not mess with the amount of frames, because it affects the move's frame rate.

I have one with (i think) all of the known events so far, i don't know if anyone else has one
Can you give a link to it?

General Glue

Smash Rookie
Ok... I'm trying to use a PSA character (Wisp), but I can't figure out how. I have the correct files, named the correct way, in the correct directory, but I have no idea how to use it. I have Gecko OS, Ocarina, cheat manager, etc. I have the file replacement code.

What am I supposed to do to get this working?

General Glue

Smash Rookie
Yeah, that's what I did. Now how do I use this? What do I need to do to activate this? Turn on the file replacement code, and start up Brawl with Gecko OS?

Top Bottom