• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Quick question. Can projectiles truly not be edited at all? PMario's fireballs for example.

*goes back to trying to figure out how the hell he can change Peach's specials*
They cannot. Phantom Wings confessed he used hex editing to change PMario's fireballs.

UmbraLion

Smash Apprentice
I still never really got my question answered. So I know how to charge, but I just want to know how to make him do a lengthened up taunt for the charging sequence, then let go of it in a fashion of his 5 punch maneuver. Also, I want to change his final smash to where he starts with his down taunt, then he dashes at the opponent (just like in the line of coding that Link uses in his final smash). Then when he hits the opponent with his dash, it looks like there's two of CF on each side of the opponent, then they do their A combo, then they do their side b (WITH the opponent staying in place), then they finish up with a double whammy Faclon... PUNCH!!! Then the guy can fly in whatever direction.

sparkswordkirby

Smash Cadet
Guys how do can you make it so you can use a taunt to change a characters style?
Such as the zerowolf hack made by perfectidiot:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5HYr644MzQ&feature=channel_page

I really want to learn how he can change how the effects work on him,but i also want to learn how he can change the way moves work depending on how he looks. I want to make an elemental kirby with electric,ice,and fire abilities but i don't know how to do it;;

BurningCrusader777

Smash Journeyman
I suppose that he set a variable for each style, and then in each sub-action, had seperate hitboxes/graphics/sounds/other depending on the bit variable, using If blocks to dictate which one is in effect.

sparkswordkirby

Smash Cadet
That sounds really confusingXD
But i'll try i guess....By the way,how do i make an effect on kirbys body last?i tried putting electricity on it but it lasts for a second and goes away(what are the lines needed?)

MaxThunder

PM Support
I still never really got my question answered. So I know how to charge, but I just want to know how to make him do a lengthened up taunt for the charging sequence, then let go of it in a fashion of his 5 punch maneuver. Also, I want to change his final smash to where he starts with his down taunt, then he dashes at the opponent (just like in the line of coding that Link uses in his final smash). Then when he hits the opponent with his dash, it looks like there's two of CF on each side of the opponent, then they do their A combo, then they do their side b (WITH the opponent staying in place), then they finish up with a double whammy Faclon... PUNCH!!! Then the guy can fly in whatever direction.
that final smash...sounds kinda impossible...

VietGeek

Smash Hero
The 0E020100 is supposed to stop all vertical momentum.
0E080400 sets your momentum, and based off the last value, either sets your momentum to the value, or adds the value to what you're already doing. (If it's 0, it stacks, 1, it sets)

So logically, it should work, at least.
...Did you look at the last like, four posts? Momentum is what we've been talking about.

0E020100. Second scalar is vertical.
o_O

I'm confused.

How would stopping vertical momentum heighten it? And what do you mean by second scalar? Do you mean parameter? In which case, there's only parameter 0.

Sir Shadic...

please clarify yourself, I wish to learn the art of momentum, specifically that of affecting height of UpBs under your wing!

No really, tell me please. =V

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I'd look into DK's DownB. Or maybe just like, run an "If On Ground" check at the beginning of the move?

VietGeek - Explanations work better via rapid-communication. I tried your AIM, but you weren't on. Message me.

Edit: Okay, now I've got some questions:
1) How can I make it so a hitbox doesn't 'clank' with others?
2) Anybody know a good, deep landing sound effect? Something like Bowser's landing noise. I need it for a character who... Isn't so heavy.

Liquid Gen

Smash Ace
You'd need to give the hitbox transcendent priority, which as far as I know is only possible in a hex editor (to Shadic's first question).

Not sure about 2.

Kirk

Smash Champion
Not getting into specifics, but I imagine you can do something similar to...lets say Ike's Eruption.

Press B, calls the neutral special action, which calls a sub action. Have an if statement checking if button is pressed(B). If it is, call another action, which calls a looping subaction. Have a check in both the aforementioned actions...if button is NOT pressed(B). This calls another action, which calls the subaction that ends the attack.

So like..

Pressing B calls action 1.

---Action 1---
Calls subaction 1(The startup of the attack)
**If B is pressed --> Calls Action 2
**If B is NOT pressed --> Calls Action 3
---------------
---Action 2---
Calls subaction 2(The charge loop of the attack)
**If B is pressed --> Calls Action 2(itself)
**If B is NOT pressed --> Calls Action 3
---------------
---Action 3---
Calls subaction 3(The end of the attack)
---------------

And you can add checks/variables or w/e for how long you want the charging to last.

I dont have it in front of me, but I think that's how it works...close enough.

Kirk

Smash Champion
All I can say right now is take a look at Eruption and/or Quick Draw in Ike's moveset. Follow the flow of events and see what you can find. I'm pretty it has to do with calling something, incrementing a variable, and checking to see when that variable is equal to or greater than something else.

I don't have it with me at the moment, so that's all I've got.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
All I can say right now is take a look at Eruption and/or Quick Draw in Ike's moveset. Follow the flow of events and see what you can find. I'm pretty it has to do with calling something, incrementing a variable, and checking to see when that variable is equal to or greater than something else.

I don't have it with me at the moment, so that's all I've got.
I don't understand what Variables are for. Are they just another type of requirement?

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Shadic I've finally opened AIM again. Let's go! =D

...teach me how to edit vertical momentum. ._.

General Glue

Smash Rookie
Hey, I'm kinda new to the area of modifying Brawl, and I have a few questions about the basics. Sorry if these have been answered elsewhere, but I've been looking for a while, and I can't find them.

#1- What do I need to use PSA Characters? I have an SD card, and it would be possible for me to install the HBC if necessary.

#2- Will these characters work online only if both players have them?

Thanks.

MaxThunder

PM Support
Hey, I'm kinda new to the area of modifying Brawl, and I have a few questions about the basics. Sorry if these have been answered elsewhere, but I've been looking for a while, and I can't find them.

#1- What do I need to use PSA Characters? I have an SD card, and it would be possible for me to install the HBC if necessary.

Thanks.
1. you need to be able to use codes to load stuff from ther sd card... so yeah you kinda need HBC... and the latest Gecko Os...

2. if only one person use one, his/her wii will have the changes there... but his/her opponents wii thinks its not been modified... causing a desync... which is kinda fun(if you laugh to easily...)... but disables actual combat... so i would go for both having it...

UmbraLion

Smash Apprentice

Thanks.
1: All you need to use PSA characters is what you listed: an SD card with the appropriate files, folders, and code (the file replacement code), and HBC on the Wii. Of course you'll need the Gecko OS app to activate the code, but that's simple.

2: Yes. Both players MUST have the file replacement code for it to work.

Now onto my questions:

1: I know how to actually charge the move, but does anyone know how to make it save the charge until you press B again?

2: I want the falcon punch to punch low to the ground like AttackS4Lw. How do I do this?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
1. no idea

2. You can't. the only thing you could do is lower the y offset of the hitbox. you can't actually edit the animation.

BurningCrusader777

Smash Journeyman
1: I know how to actually charge the move, but does anyone know how to make it save the charge until you press B again?

2: I want the falcon punch to punch low to the ground like AttackS4Lw. How do I do this?
I think certain variable types (LA-Bit variables and LA-Float variables, IIRC) keep their value until forced to change. So when you execute your attack, you'd use an if block to determine the effects of the move, and then after the end of the if block, set the particular variable you used to zero (or whatever your "uncharged" value for it is).

As for the low Falcon Punch, you could do something weird and edit the size of CF's legs so that he "crouches" (well more like spontaneously loses and regains a foot or two of height), but I'd imagine that that would look... yeah.

BurningCrusader777

Smash Journeyman
That, I don't know. I'm pretty sure there's something within PSA for it, but it could just be my memory playing tricks on me.

While I'm here, question: Are there any specific circumstances needed to access External Graphic Effects under file #FD? I'm trying to use the flame wave graphic from Ike's final smash activation as a make-shift sword wave move, but the graphic doesn't show up.

henpen924

Smash Apprentice
Umm. Is kirbycide possible with the event that makes you not stop at a ledge, and momentum events?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
I have just a little question. I'm trying to make ganon's jab goto his ftilt, so it's like an automatic combo.

It always either freezes, or I can interrupt the jab with a jab again (which I don't want)

so where exactly would I put the Goto?

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
2. You can't. the only thing you could do is lower the y offset of the hitbox. you can't actually edit the animation.
Well... that might not be true. Someone else found that if you don't have specific parts of the Other section for a move, it can make the animation a bit odd (i.e. Lucario's leg barely leaves the ground for his utilt). They helped me fix a problem I was having with my Kari set. It raises the question: Could the opposite be true? Could you change an animation with the stuff in the Other section?
(Of course, the problem is, we have no idea what part of the Other section controls that. ._.)
I have just a little question. I'm trying to make ganon's jab goto his ftilt, so it's like an automatic combo.

It always either freezes, or I can interrupt the jab with a jab again (which I don't want)

so where exactly would I put the Goto?
Don't use a Goto. Use a Change Subaction at the very end of the move.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
oh, ok. :) thanks.

EDIT: but would I remove the alllow interrupt near the end of the jab so I can't interrupt it while it's in jab?

Eldiran

Smash Lord
how would you edit the properties(damage, kbg, size, ect.) of an article? i'm looking at luigi's normal b and i can't figure out how to edit the article(fireball).

is it just not possible ATM?
Yep, it's not possible to edit articles/projectiles.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
trajectory/direction in all the hitboxes
set them all to down. i dunno what the numerical value is but you should be able to find it on the tipper

CheDDar-X

Smash Apprentice
Uhm, I'm working on a custom sheik, and I wanted to rotate an effect.

In the box that says "Scalar" for the parameter "Y Rotation", what kind of number should I put there? Is it in degrees? I wanted the effect to be rotated 90 degrees, but I'm not sure if I should just put 90 or if it has to be translated to something else.

MysticKenji

Smash Master
just 90 should work

on a side note, the 4th value in a hitbox's flag controls if the hitbox hurts grounded characters, aerial characters, both or neither

# 0, 4... = hits nothing
# 1, 5... = hits only characters on the ground
# 2, 6... = hits only characters in the air
# 3, 7... = hits regardless of air/ground state

Top Bottom