• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UmbraLion

Smash Apprentice
Can someone help? I want to turn CF's nAir into his dash attack. I basically did it, but when I use it, he just stays in one place.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
it's because under animation flags, "move character" is checked. you need to uncheck this to make him move.

for some reason, "moves character" means it stops their momentum.

NOTE: he might warp back in place if you remove the flag.

UmbraLion

Smash Apprentice
it's because under animation flags, "move character" is checked. you need to uncheck this to make him move.

for some reason, "moves character" means it stops their momentum.

NOTE: he might warp back in place if you remove the flag.
Noted. And I meant turn his dash into his nAir if you hadn't guessed.

EDIT: What's the bones for captain falcon's actual fists? I know that 2C is the bone for his right fist, but I can't find the other.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
oh. turning his dash into his nair.

he'll always stop. There's no way to fix it. trust me. I tried turning yoshi's dash into his dair. didn't work so well @_@

Liquid gen: you wouldn't. you'd just have to create several and edit the offsets so they appear in an arc.

henpen924

Smash Apprentice
Has the event been discovered yet to make it so a character turns, facing the camera, then turns back when the animation ends? It would really help with static pikachu's rest.

Edit:
Does this do it?

1F090100: 3-0,

Its on pika's S taunt, luigi's U taunt, Zelda's side.... Did I just discover someting?

Edit 2: It didn't work. any suggestions?

droughboi

Smash Journeyman
I was making a new Sspecial for my character and its basically a big fancy dash attack but it goes waaay to far. How would I adjust the distance in it? o.o

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I've making a special move that needs to be charged. Currently, the only way I can really think to do it is to have part of the action be a sub-action that loops, adding +1 to a variable that can be saved (See - DK Punch) until a certain point, in which I'd be able to fire the charged attack.

Few questions - What's a good variable that is actually 1) Saved permanently and 2) Has more than just a binary true/false, and can instead be added to? Also, how would I set and add to these variables?

Say, I needed to run the "Loop" subaction 20 times before the move would be fully charged, so after the move has been charged 20 times, it'll go into another subaction (Which attacks, and then sets the variable back to 0) ?

Thanks in advance for anybody willing to tackle these questions.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
I've making a special move that needs to be charged. Currently, the only way I can really think to do it is to have part of the action be a sub-action that loops, adding +1 to a variable that can be saved (See - DK Punch) until a certain point, in which I'd be able to fire the charged attack.

Few questions - What's a good variable that is actually 1) Saved permanently and 2) Has more than just a binary true/false, and can instead be added to? Also, how would I set and add to these variables?

Say, I needed to run the "Loop" subaction 20 times before the move would be fully charged, so after the move has been charged 20 times, it'll go into another subaction (Which attacks, and then sets the variable back to 0) ?

Thanks in advance for anybody willing to tackle these questions.
I'm curious -- how are you going to modify the attack's attack power based on the variable?

EDIT: Now that I have some time to answer, I can give some info on your question:

I assume by "saved permanently" you mean for the entire duration of the match. In that case, it sounds like what you want is an LA-Float. Usually any variables past 100 work fine. For example, Wisp's charge is held by LA-Float[105], which stores the number of turns he's made. You can see, on Subaction 11 and 12, "Turn" and "TurnRun", it does Float Variable Add to increment it by 1. So your idea is definitely feasible, except instead of 20 different levels of charge you'd likely only have 3 to 5 levels.

MaxThunder

PM Support
Has the event been discovered yet to make it so a character turns, facing the camera, then turns back when the animation ends? It would really help with static pikachu's rest.

Edit:
Does this do it?

1F090100: 3-0,

Its on pika's S taunt, luigi's U taunt, Zelda's side.... Did I just discover someting?

Edit 2: It didn't work. any suggestions?
... i think thats just the animations of those taunts turning... not a comand...

henpen924

Smash Apprentice
... i think thats just the animations of those taunts turning... not a comand...
Yes, in some animations, like yoshi's down taunt (or up, whatever it is)

But, remember the code that made all characters face the camera? there had to be some way to trigger that, right?

MaxThunder

PM Support
Yes, in some animations, like yoshi's down taunt (or up, whatever it is)

But, remember the code that made all characters face the camera? there had to be some way to trigger that, right?
there was that kinda code?... i diddent know... i diddent really get into theis code thing until .. 3 weeks before psa... but in that case there should be... so... keep looking i gues... i would probably be usefull... for something...

...maybe that code could give you some pointer...

MaxThunder

PM Support
uh...i think yhat guy who made wisp might know something...(forgot his name)...

Edit: is there a way to modify character size in the middle of a move?...

and i wanna make samus' initial jump animation thst of the short hop... and the double jump animation that of the initial jump... but n matter what i do i just cant do it... i cant even change the animations of the jumps at all... they just dont react... any ideas to what may be wrong?...nevermind, it works now...

UmbraLion

Smash Apprentice
I just wanted to know if there was a forum that explained the basics of making custom moves. Like leafbarret's Specail Neutral where Kari does a windup.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I'm curious -- how are you going to modify the attack's attack power based on the variable?

EDIT: Now that I have some time to answer, I can give some info on your question:

I assume by "saved permanently" you mean for the entire duration of the match. In that case, it sounds like what you want is an LA-Float. Usually any variables past 100 work fine. For example, Wisp's charge is held by LA-Float[105], which stores the number of turns he's made. You can see, on Subaction 11 and 12, "Turn" and "TurnRun", it does Float Variable Add to increment it by 1. So your idea is definitely feasible, except instead of 20 different levels of charge you'd likely only have 3 to 5 levels.
Alright, thanks much. I was using RA, which didn't seem right.

And actually, you can't fire the attack until you're maxed. And while thinking on it, I don't think any move works in that exact same fashion. (Stores, can't be used until max charged.)

shanus

Smash Hero
After the interrupt, add an If block that says
If Button Pressed= 2 (I think 2 is A)
Change Subaction (whatever your action for the second hit is)

Repeat that to take it to the third.
Button Press: 0

2 is jump button

UmbraLion

Smash Apprentice
Well, since I'm kind of new to this, Can someone help me with some stuff? I want to make the Falcon punch a charged thing. First, you press the B button, which is where you do your up taunt as the charging animation (I'll need help with lengthening it out, too), then when it's fully charged, you can press the B button again, then it starts out like a regular faclon punch, but then he does a full Attack 100 animation (one loop), only with the falcon graphic, then after 40 frames, he does a big falcon punch. :3

EDIT: Also, how do you give characters new animations?

codfish92

Smash Ace
Denver Colorado: wishing it was never summer.
how would you go about putting lightning under someones feet while they run.
what i know
use external graphic effect
put on GFX in dash and run subactions.

but thats it. i was looking at Pmario's and it use external graphic file#1 with graphic 1. but looking at the generic GFX list, 1 is just a hit. what am i not getting?????

MaxThunder

PM Support
how would you go about putting lightning under someones feet while they run.
what i know
use external graphic effect
put on GFX in dash and run subactions.

but thats it. i was looking at Pmario's and it use external graphic file#1 with graphic 1. but looking at the generic GFX list, 1 is just a hit. what am i not getting?????
... external graphic effects are character specific... and is different from normal graphics...

shanus

Smash Hero
I need help concerning a momentum function. I need to add momentum downwards, but not kill momentum horizontally.

Which function would I use?

I'm currently using 0E080400: 0-0 1-FFFC5680, 0-0, 0-1

(sets downwards momentum at -4).

I need it to set the momentum (and not add it), and leave horizontal momentum alone.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Change the last value in 0E080400 to 0. What that does is determine if it stacks momentum onto what you're doing, or sets it. (At least, as far as I can tell. It acts goofy sometimes.)

Then, add in 0E020100, and set the value to.... 1, I believe. Camelot and I had a chat about it a while back, but I've not put much testing into it.

Also, if somebody figures out how to set horizontal momentum without changing vertical, that'd be great.

shanus

Smash Hero
Change the last value in 0E080400 to 0. What that does is determine if it stacks momentum onto what you're doing, or sets it. (At least, as far as I can tell. It acts goofy sometimes.)

Then, add in 0E020100, and set the value to.... 1, I believe. Camelot and I had a chat about it a while back, but I've not put much testing into it.

Also, if somebody figures out how to set horizontal momentum without changing vertical, that'd be great.
So this will set my momentum downwards, and leave horizontal alone?

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
The 0E020100 is supposed to stop all vertical momentum.
0E080400 sets your momentum, and based off the last value, either sets your momentum to the value, or adds the value to what you're already doing. (If it's 0, it stacks, 1, it sets)

So logically, it should work, at least.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
...Did you look at the last like, four posts? Momentum is what we've been talking about.

0E020100. Second scalar is vertical.

pokelover980

Smash Ace
How do you switch animations for characters? I tried putting the move I wanted on an empty slot, renaming it to the right move, then renaming the move I replaced NONE and deleting everything in it, but Mario just went into t-stance. If you must know, I was replacing Mario's f-tilt with his f-air.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
You have to keep the Subactions where they originally were. If you want to replace Mario's Ftilt wit his Fair, go to action 4F, and rename the animation to whatever move you want.

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
I admit, I skimmed them. I thought you were talking about DJC, because I saw mention of downwards momentum. So yeah, I fail.

Thanks for the help, though.

shanus

Smash Hero
Alright, so the momentum fix works nicely, thank you Shadic.

Now on to a far more complicated question:

Trying to make FF lasers for falco, and do so with the following technique:

For his jumps, found frame values at approximately his peak jump height to thereby be in a technical fall state. At this point, set RA-Basic[99] to true.

Then in his lasers, a nested If statement of If RA-Basic[99] is true, If Player is pressing down (using IC basic stuff), then shift his momentum downwards to be equal to his FF speed.

However, I've run into a problem. I've tried various loops in his subactions to make large enough windows for the FF animation, but no loop size suffices (very tight frame window). However, by using the frame speed function and slowing down the animation ID, the window becomes mammoth and its easy to FF. But here is the problem, with or without the frame speed implementation, the generated article seems to always be released at the same height even though he shifts downwards BEFORE it is generated.

Any ideas :-O?

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Quick question. Can projectiles truly not be edited at all? PMario's fireballs for example.

*goes back to trying to figure out how the hell he can change Peach's specials*

Top Bottom