• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Flags shouldn't have any affect on the ability to hit, other than setting priority. I suppose that certain elemental flags may affect certain matchups (vs. Ivysaur, Squirtle, and Charizard, for example, due to that increased/decreased knockback they receive), but otherwise, they only cover sound effects, graphic effects, and priority type.
Flags do sometimes contain essential info about the attack -- for example, Donkey's Down+B only hits opponents on the ground because of the flag. Flags are also especially important for Special Offensive Collisions.

CheDDar-X

Smash Apprentice
Could you post a screencap or transcribed code? It's tough to help without seeing your lines of coding lol :laugh:
Sure, no problem!

It's a special move, so here is the action just in case that has anything to do with it:
http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/6093/rhfjdjejdy.png

And here's the subaction for the air version of the attack:
http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/4353/rhfjdjejdd.png

I was think there would be some sort of code I could add to make the move stack momentum...

TsuKiyoMe

Smash Journeyman
So...

This: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=8074222&postcount=734

Samus crashes the game after going from 253 KB to 260 KB.
ZSS crashes the game after going from 284 KB to 291 KB (This is why I'm having so much trouble)

This is a problem. My assumption is that the character's are sharing the same space and therefore I need to find a way to either A) Lessen the file size drastically on ZSS (I realize Sub-routines is an option but none of my moves reuse code that much) or B) Find a way to reduce the file size of Samus.

Has anyone else had a ZSS file that crashes @ 291 KB or higher? Or a Samus that crashes @ 260 KB or higher to back up this hypothesis?

More importantly, anyone have any fixes?

pokelover980

Smash Ace
So...

This: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=8074222&postcount=734

Samus crashes the game after going from 253 KB to 260 KB.
ZSS crashes the game after going from 284 KB to 291 KB (This is why I'm having so much trouble)

This is a problem. My assumption is that the character's are sharing the same space and therefore I need to find a way to either A) Lessen the file size drastically on ZSS (I realize Sub-routines is an option but none of my moves reuse code that much) or B) Find a way to reduce the file size of Samus.

Has anyone else had a ZSS file that crashes @ 291 KB or higher? Or a Samus that crashes @ 260 KB or higher to back up this hypothesis?

More importantly, anyone have any fixes?
This is a problem with all characters. They can only be a up to a certain file size. I'm assuming this happens because the disk has a certain amount of reserved space for them. The only way to fix it currently is to make the file smaller by removing a few lines of code, specifically unimportant lines.

CheDDar-X

Smash Apprentice

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
You have no need to repost something if it's three posts above your repost.

Also, I'm having trouble getting a move to reflect projectiles. How exactly are you supposed to set things up?

CheDDar-X

Smash Apprentice

Also, I'm having trouble getting a move to reflect projectiles. How exactly are you supposed to set things up?
I would start by looking at other characters...

but you probably figured that already....

shanus

Smash Hero

it uses a defensive collision. Check out any of the reflects and it should be easy.

TsuKiyoMe

Smash Journeyman
This is a problem with all characters. They can only be a up to a certain file size. I'm assuming this happens because the disk has a certain amount of reserved space for them. The only way to fix it currently is to make the file smaller by removing a few lines of code, specifically unimportant lines.
But only 7 Kb? Link has a huge amount of space compared to that. So does Ike. And Ganon.

You realize 7 KB for a PSA character is like... even with sub routines... enough to modify about a fourth of the character's move list. You can't truly create a custom character off of that.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
TsuKiyo, it just occured to me that maybe you could get a large chunk of space via the Other tab? Specifically, if you're willing to sacrifice all the rumble commands, you could clear up quite a bit. (I don't remember what else goes in Other but I don't feel like it was important.)

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
it uses a defensive collision. Check out any of the reflects and it should be easy.
I checked Fox, found nothing. Checked Pit, and he uses:
Defensive Collision: Parameters - 0-3, 0-0, 0-2.

I set those, and I'm still having no luck.Falco's laser hits still.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Having trouble.

Bowser's sideB was changed to a drill claw after he grabs you, but for some reason only one hitbox comes through.

Should be 4 or 5 hits, then one last hit before he takes off to knock them out of his hands. I'm hoping to make him look like he's throwing you after jumping, as the motion is slowed down before he takes off. I might try changing the startup frames. Of course I might experiment in other ways, such as using another animation.

Also, changing his AttackAirB to ANY other animation causes it to freeze upon startup.

TsuKiyoMe

Smash Journeyman
TsuKiyo, it just occured to me that maybe you could get a large chunk of space via the Other tab? Specifically, if you're willing to sacrifice all the rumble commands, you could clear up quite a bit. (I don't remember what else goes in Other but I don't feel like it was important.)
That's quite fine with me.

Marth175

Smash Apprentice
@thatguyyoumightknow

you need to move the terminate collision inside the loop not outside, if that doesnt work just copy everything inside the loop 4 times

pokelover980

Smash Ace
I'm back once again to post my results on my Final Smash re-mapping.

I'm still failing. I've tried about 12 different things, but none work. I have about 6 or 7 more things to try, and then I'm probably going to give up. So far I've:

-Tried breaking a Smash Ball before the command starts to make sure it goes into FS mode.
-Tried making Mario's Neutral B FS all around, but not really working.
-Tried changing the Subaction his neutral B points to in his Actions, but it just freezes.
-Tried a lot of things.

I'm about to test:

-Changing his Neutral B to his Final Smash all around, and then adding "Generate Item: 0-37" to the front of his Neutral B action, seeing if that does anything.
-Same as above, except also add a "Consume Item 0-0"
-Same as above, ecept "Consume Item 0-0" is "Consume Item 0-2"
-A few more things.

I think one of those above ones will work, but I won't know until I try. I'll let you all know if and when I succeed, because I know some people are crazy for this (people that want Goku with his Kamehameha as his Neutral B specifically).

ALF

Smash Cadet
Does anyone know more about editing characters than PSA is capable of? There are things going on that don't show up in either the action codes or sub-actions, and I want to know what. I might end up trying to figure out hex editing soon, which is truly a last resort, but I really need to figure out how to give my Fighter Kirby his headband. It's just not the same without it. ):

Chileno4Live

Smash Ace
NNID
Xyronith
3DS FC
0731-5336-4808
Hey i have a question. For example, i want to change Donkey's NeutralB to a chargable Fire Blast thingy. I want to use the animation where he hits his chest with his fists. How do i do that. I kinda know how to edit the animation, but i don't know how to make a completely new move. Is this even possible? How do i find out? X.x

ALF

Smash Cadet
I would say I am the best person to ask about the things PSA can't edit.
Well, there are a lot of things I have encountered that I'd like to ask about, but right now all I'm concerned with is the way Kirby gets abilities. I've narrowed the moment he gets an ability down to a specific action (127) and sub-action (1EB), and even made it so he can't get an ability when he eats people, but this is only because I got rid of a line that set a bit variable. Setting RA-Bit[21] seems to trigger something, but the only other time I've found that bit mentioned is in his sub-action for spitting out people, where it is also set. It's not in any action code that I can see. What I'd like to know is the place where he checks if that bit is set, and more importantly, what happens once it is. Can you help me?

ALF

Smash Cadet
You probably have a line somewhere in your action code that says "Change Action: action = E, requirement = Animation End". Make it change to action 10 instead.

CheDDar-X

Smash Apprentice
You probably have a line somewhere in your action code that says "Change Action: action = E, requirement = Animation End". Make it change to action 10 instead.
AHHH! Thanks! I can't believe I didn't see that...

BurningCrusader777

Smash Journeyman
Hey i have a question. For example, i want to change Donkey's NeutralB to a chargable Fire Blast thingy. I want to use the animation where he hits his chest with his fists. How do i do that. I kinda know how to edit the animation, but i don't know how to make a completely new move. Is this even possible? How do i find out? X.x

I'm going to assume you want a store-able charge like his current nB, so...

Pseudo code tiem:

Set the frame speed modifier if needed. Then, set a variable to increase by one on every frame, using a loop. Somewhere in the same sub-action, place a If button pressed = 1 (I think that's B) statement and have it lead to another sub-action that has different hitbox parameters for certain numbers of the variable using Change Subaction. That sub-action would use an If block to compare the amount of "charge time" stored in the variable, and send out the hitbox accordingly.

Also, in the first sub-action, right at the beginning, place an If statement to check whether or not the charge is at its maximum (you would decide this maximum charge time for yourself), and if it is at its maximum, have it lead to the second sub-action with another Change Subaction.

Graphics and sounds would be set in a similar way.

quinn95

Smash Journeyman
ok
I made it so when i down dodge I turn invisible and a tiny hitbox sorounds me.
The hitbox deals fire damage but I want to make it so if you hold A it deals ice damage.
I made an IF button pressed statement but how do I specify the A button?
And what is the difference between button pressed and button press?

Yoshi6852

Smash Cadet
Does anyone know if teleportation was ever figured out? So is it possiable to get people to warp? I want Ness to teleptort like zelda can? Basicly I just want to know can I make the chracter just dissappear and then reapear in the direction you press?

Eldiran

Smash Lord
ok
I made it so when i down dodge I turn invisible and a tiny hitbox sorounds me.
The hitbox deals fire damage but I want to make it so if you hold A it deals ice damage.
I made an IF button pressed statement but how do I specify the A button?
And what is the difference between button pressed and button press?
The A button is 00. There's a list of button IDs here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=246651

Button Press detects if you press it down at that exact moment -- so you need perfect timing to do it with an If. You should instead use Button Pressed, which detects if A is being held.

@Yoshi: It is possible, but very complicated. The easy part is this:

Turn invisible
0B020100: 3-False

Yoshi6852

Smash Cadet
@Yoshi: It is possible, but very complicated. The easy part is this:

Turn invisible
0B020100: 3-False
Ok thanks but will that also allow me to move? I want ness to be able to use this as his tripple jump over PK thunder

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
So, I'm making my own dr mario (aside from the other one already in the works). I've combined that StarSpin Mario PSA hack into it as well. but when I hit the enemy when hes close up with a FSmash its electric. when hes a bit far away, its a fire hit! I have no idea why! Also, I wanted to make his Final Smash Electric and that wont work either X_X any tips?

Oh, and I wanted to give my young (toon) link a great spin attack B-Up but I tocked the "Moves Character" Animation Flag but it doesnt work...

MaxThunder

PM Support
So, I'm making my own dr mario (aside from the other one already in the works). I've combined that StarSpin Mario PSA hack into it as well. but when I hit the enemy when hes close up with a FSmash its electric. when hes a bit far away, its a fire hit! I have no idea why! Also, I wanted to make his Final Smash Electric and that wont work either X_X any tips?

Oh, and I wanted to give my young (toon) link a great spin attack B-Up but I tocked the "Moves Character" Animation Flag but it doesnt work...
for your mario... theres several hitboxes in the attack: one(possibly more... haven't looked into it...) on mario's hand and one where the fire effect usually is... you have made the hitboxes on mario electric, but you forgott the ones on the fireball... just... go through the hitboxes and be sure the end of the flags say 3...

for you young link... what do you mean by it doesn't work?... did you toggle the "Moves Character" off, and when you use the attack, toon link flies up, then teleports back to where he was? if so... thats caused by "Moves Character" not being on... cause then the game thinks the character doesnt move when doing the animation... the animation goes up, but then the game thinks he haven't moved and he will be back where he started... if that wasn't the problem... please explain more...

sith12345

Smash Rookie
How does one go about changing the motion files? I am unable to open them in PSA. And, what can I do with them? Can I edit how a move moves, as apposed to what they do?

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
I recently dowloaded the program (again) and it doesn't seem as up-to-date as the version I had before.

From the download link in the first post I have version 0.1 Beta -_-

I'm shure this is the oldest version, so can someone please provide me with the latest one?

(^ Excuse my stupidity ^)

I spent about an hour or two on the attribute page manually finding the floating points on the hex converter to get decimal values. On the version I had before, you could simply click and change the provided value.

MaxThunder

PM Support
I recently dowloaded the program (again) and it doesn't seem as up-to-date as the version I had before.

From the download link in the first post I have version 0.1 Beta -_-

I'm shure this is the oldest version, so can someone please provide me with the latest one?

(^ Excuse my stupidity ^)

I spent about an hour or two on the attribute page manually finding the floating points on the hex converter to get decimal values. On the version I had before, you could simply click and change the provided value.
if you have the 0.1 beta, you have an old version... this: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=244302 is the official psa thread, that always has the latest version... you should bookmark it...

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
for your mario... theres several hitboxes in the attack: one(possibly more... haven't looked into it...) on mario's hand and one where the fire effect usually is... you have made the hitboxes on mario electric, but you forgott the ones on the fireball... just... go through the hitboxes and be sure the end of the flags say 3...

for you young link... what do you mean by it doesn't work?... did you toggle the "Moves Character" off, and when you use the attack, toon link flies up, then teleports back to where he was? if so... thats caused by "Moves Character" not being on... cause then the game thinks the character doesnt move when doing the animation... the animation goes up, but then the game thinks he haven't moved and he will be back where he started... if that wasn't the problem... please explain more...
Oh ok, thanks ill try that. what i mean for link is that i was trying to make it so when he does the spin attack, you are able to move him left and right like luigi tornado for example. But when I ticked the moves character box under "animation flags" it didnt do what I was intending. So I dont know how to do it X_X

Top Bottom