• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sterowent

Smash Ace
thanks a lot, Max! that did the trick. hah, sorry for takin so long to say as much, had a class.
anyhow, i'ma keep an eye on this thread. i'd love to see what could be done about previously impossible edits.
has anyone tried editing sonic's HA yet? is it classified as a projectile?

D

Deleted member

ok people, this is a guide thread, that means you don't post your custom .pacs here, nor talk about B+ (or BBrawl for that matter). stick to asking questions and comments.
onto some replies

1) yes my texts are usually full of typos. I'm not a native english and my typing in general is horrible so please forgive me, I will do my best to fix them

2) thank you sffeadsad for the constructive comment. (also others but this post was the most obvious one.) yes this is beta, and just like everybody else I only had the program ofr one day. I also lack access to a Wii, so testing is difficult.
expect a big overhaul today tomorrow, based on all your comments.

moosehunter

Smash Ace
So how would one slow down an animation or do something else to extend the length of a charged move?
And how exactly is the "longer charge = more damage" part of a move scripted, or does this beta version not interpret that yet?

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Which is why it was first suggested that you have some coding/programming experience or are able to understand things.

There is only so simple you can make a guide on something complex.

@EDIT:
Moosehunter, looked into SmashS4Hold (or something like that) for more things on the charging aspects. This may answer your question... not sure...

Also look into SmashS4Start for shortening the animation

/theorycrafting from a friends CPU... I don't even have the program on this comp)

Magus420

Smash Master
Also if it has not already been done... are we going to be fixing Peach's airdodge for it's missing 10 frames of invincibility? (Is this possible? I'm assuming it is)
Yes it's possible. You would simply change the 2nd timer on Sub Action 46 [EscapeAir] that is directly before the "Body Collision: Normal" line from its current 1140000 (1140000/60000 = 19 frames, after frame 1 which is frame 20) to something more like 1740000 (29 frames after frame 1 = frame 30).

Then the "Body Collision: Intangible" at timer 180000 (3 frames after frame 1 = frame 4) combined with the "Body Collision: Normal" at timer 1740000 (29 frames after frame 1 = frame 30) would result in an invincibility window of 4-29, which is what most characters have.

Also how do you read this crap to translate it into frames? XD I know 60,000 =~ 1 frame but actually counting them and such until the hitbox comes out, then it ends, and another hitbox comes out, etc. Is pretty confusing.... Take for example. Bowser's aerialN (neutral air I am assuming) and post the frame data you gather for it from this... so I can compare it with my own.
Here's an example from another post of mine (originally used to explain hitbox damage change and autocancel functions):

Modify Hitbox Damage?
06010200: 0-X, 0-Y

X - id of Offensive Collision being changed
Y - New damage

This is used on Luigi's u/b-airs to get strong and weak hits off of a single hitbox (explains why only 1 kind of hitbox was showing up for these attacks with the gather code).

Autocanceling:
Set Bit Variable: RA-Bit[30]=true
Clear Bit Variable: RA-Bit[30]=false

While this is set to true during the move you will get the attack's landing animation/lag. While false, you instead land normally/autocancel.

Here's an example using both of these functions:

Luigi B-Air

The move plays out as follows (60000 intervals = 1 frame):

Code:
[COLOR=#bab0ff][B]Frame 01:[/B] 
[B]Frame 06:[/B] Timer: time=300000 intervals [COLOR=Gray](the following will be happening 5 frames after frame 1 which is frame 6)[/COLOR]
          Set Bit Variable: RA-Bit[30]=true [COLOR=Gray](attack landlag ON @ frame 6; ACs frames 1-5)[/COLOR]
          Offensive Collision: id=0, bone=10, damage=C, ...[COLOR=Gray](creates hitbox at id 0 that does 12 dmg)[/COLOR]
          Offensive Collision: id=1, bone=F, damage=C, ...[COLOR=Gray](creates hitbox at id 1 that does 12 dmg)[/COLOR]
          [COLOR=Gray]('Strong' Hitbox)[/COLOR]
[B]Frame 07:[/B] [COLOR=Gray]('Strong' Hitbox)[/COLOR]
[B]Frame 08:[/B] [COLOR=Gray]('Strong' Hitbox)[/COLOR]
[B]Frame 09:[/B] [COLOR=Gray]('Strong' Hitbox)[/COLOR]
[B]Frame 10:[/B] [COLOR=Gray]('Strong' Hitbox)[/COLOR]
[B]Frame 11:[/B] Timer: time=600000 [COLOR=Gray](10 frames after frame 1)[/COLOR]
          06010200: 0-0, 0-8 [COLOR=Gray](changes the damage of hitbox with id 0 to 8 dmg)[/COLOR]
          06010200: 0-1, 0-8 [COLOR=Gray](changes the damage of hitbox with id 1 to 8 dmg)[/COLOR]
          [COLOR=Gray]('Weak' Hitbox)[/COLOR]
[B]Frame 12:[/B] [COLOR=Gray]('Weak' Hitbox)[/COLOR]
[B]Frame 13:[/B] [COLOR=Gray]('Weak' Hitbox)[/COLOR]
[B]Frame 14:[/B] [COLOR=Gray]('Weak' Hitbox)[/COLOR]
[B]Frame 15:[/B] [COLOR=Gray]('Weak' Hitbox)[/COLOR]
[B]Frame 16:[/B] [COLOR=Gray]('Weak' Hitbox)[/COLOR]
[B]Frame 17:[/B] Timer: time=960000 [COLOR=Gray](16 frames after frame 1)[/COLOR]
          Terminate Collisions: [COLOR=Gray](removes hitboxes)[/COLOR]
[B]Frame 33:[/B] Timer: time=1920000 [COLOR=Gray](32 frames after frame 1)[/COLOR]
          Clear Bit Variable: RA-Bit[30]=false [COLOR=Gray](attack landlag OFF @ frame 33)[/COLOR]
[B]Frame 37:[/B] Timer: time=2160000 [COLOR=Gray](36 frames after frame 1)[/COLOR]
          Allow Interrupt: [COLOR=Gray](move is now IASA-able)[/COLOR]
[B]Frame 46:[/B] [COLOR=Gray](Last frame of animation)[/COLOR]
          [COLOR=Gray](ACs frames 33-46)[/COLOR]
[/COLOR]
Comparing it to the actual frame data for his b-air...

B-Air
Total: 46
Hit: 6-16 (Strong 6-10; Weak 11-16)
IASA: 37
Auto Cancel: <5 33>

...it matches up perfectly. =D
EDIT:
Also is there currently a way to make moves act more like Shieldbreaker? (but possibly to a lesser extent)
I would think it's done somewhere within the hitbox's flags, but those flags haven't been fully tested and documented yet.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Magus. I love you.

Now when I get home Friday I can finish all the chars. frame data. ^_^ (in depth)

Although it will take longer.. lot faster then counting frames and entering a match 3423090294039 times...

Yingyay

Smash Ace
You should create a giant smoke bomb to replace her down B.
Sonic runs at shiek-Smoke bomb-sonic comes out with 999 damage.
Im sooooo adding that. But I still want her and zelda to be able to transform. I may have to change the down taunt tho. But I cant get edited taunts to aplly to both left and right directions.

codfish92

Smash Ace
Denver Colorado: wishing it was never summer.
Im sooooo adding that. But I still want her and zelda to be able to transform. I may have to change the down taunt tho. But I cant get edited taunts to aplly to both left and right directions.
i think you have to put the edit data on both the Appeal's.
example: there are three Appeal's, Appeal hi, appeal S, appeal low(meaning up, side, down respectively.) however i have noticed that there are duplicates of those appeal's so there are two of each(one facing left, one facing right most likely). i know you can change the effect of each one cuz dragonrage did it with his ike where his side taunt facing left says "u'll get no sympathy from me" and when right he says "i fight for my friends".

may not work for animations, but i know it works for SFX

Wander

Smash Journeyman
I'm really in a rush and don't have time to read everything right now, but if I wanted to change attack effects (like neutral --> electric or fire --> dark), where do I find the list of values for each types?

droughboi

Smash Journeyman
I'm really in a rush and don't have time to read everything right now, but if I wanted to change attack effects (like neutral --> electric or fire --> dark), where do I find the list of values for each types?
The hit effects for the following are:

Dark: 39431093

Electric: 39030283

Fire: 39830445

that's all i've used today. I dont have the nuetral or w/e since I didnt use it.

Doval

Smash Lord
Now when I get home Friday I can finish all the chars. frame data. ^_^ (in depth)
Be careful with the Smashes, since they're composed of multiple parts. I'm still trying to tackle that problem.

Sterowent

Smash Ace

Wander

Smash Journeyman
Thanks to drough; I really only needed the electric effect, and it worked fine. Should be added to the OP right away.

Magus420

Smash Master
Nononono. The hitbox element flag is only the last 2 digits. Changing it to that entire thing droughboi listed will change lots of properties of the hitbox to whatever the original move was that flag set was copy/pasted from.

Element:
------YY

Important
The 2nd to last digit is SHARED with some other flag (possibly part of the SFX flag?), so the 1st digit will be combined with this other flag's digit. This other flag seems to always either be 0, 4, or 8

This other flag could look something like this:

(Part of SFX?):
------X-
or
-----XX-
or
----XXX-

So considering both of them, it could look like this:
------ZY
or
-----XZY
or
----XXZY

...with Z being the combined value of the 1st digit of the element and the last digit of that other flag. If the last 2 digits on the original flags are ------45, and the original element of the hitbox is Fire (05), then to make that instead have Darkness (13) the end of the flag would now be ------53, Normal Hit (00) would be ------40, Aura (15) ------55, etc. If it was originally Fire and the last 2 flag digits were ------85, Darkness would be ------93, Normal Hit ------80, Aura ------95.

This is an old elements list, but it seems to match what's used here as well for the one's I've seen:

YY
00 Hit
01 ?
02 Slash
03 Electric
04 Ice
05 Flame
06 Coin
07 Cape
08 Slip
09 Sleep
0A ?
0B Impale
0C Stun
0E Flower
0F ? (gives hitstun to some moves that don't normally have any)
10 ?
11 Slash 2
12 Hit 2
13 Darkness
14 Stun
15 Aura
16 Impale 2
17 Down
18 No Flinch

Again, don't overwrite the 2nd to last digit with the element's 1st digit. The 0 or 1 in the element is combined with the 2nd to last flag digit which is also shared with a different flag.

droughboi

Smash Journeyman
Magus, doode How would you go about making an element take the shape of a sword? Kinda like Pheonix mario's Ftilt and Fsmash but with diffrent elements. I cant figure it out >.<

Magus420

Smash Master
"Special Offensive Collision:" is what's used to make KBs not reversible like CF's sweetspot knee, Peach's f-air, Sheik's b-air, Zelda's neutral-B, etc. I was able to make Peach's f-air have reverse hits by changing it to a normal "Offensive Collision:". It erases all the values on it when you change its type though so you need to re-enter them when you do.

Magus, doode How would you go about making an element take the shape of a sword? Kinda like Pheonix mario's Ftilt and Fsmash but with diffrent elements. I cant figure it out >.<
I don't really know about that stuff. You might get an idea by looking at the PMario .pac.

droughboi

Smash Journeyman
Fooey... That's what I've been doing. its confusing... Pmario's Fsmash uses "external graphic" while his Ftilt uses "Goto" and the goto requires a Pointer instead of a Value. but they both have the fire sword look to them. its like I need a completely diffrent value/Pointer for the GFX to work. and it aint universal I dont think.

where exactly did you get that big list of elements n stuff? o.o

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
So...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bgiao14-C18
I changed Falcon's dtaunt so he says "YES!" instead of "Show me your moves!" and at the beginning added a hitbox (pretty much as big as any stage) with fire element, 30 damage, and great kb upwards. That's all fine and dandy, but there's a point to posting this here...

I've been running my char edits in Brawl, not Brawl+, meaning there should be move depletion. However no matter how many times I use this attack I made, the damage is always 30 even using it consecutively, and it doesn't look like it stales.
Perhaps there's a part of the flag that determines if it stales or not? I copied the flag data from Falcon's Falcon Punch for it (since I wasn't sure how to make it fire on it's own yet). If this is true, then this would mean that some moves in Brawl are made to not stale, and Falcon Punch makes sense to not stale since it's used as a big risk/reward hit. Though I'm too lazy to test if Falcon punch actually stales or not in Brawl lol.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
I don't think my message got posted but if anyone is still awake, may I have a talk with them about this? My Marth is coming along pretty well.

Please add GokuSSJ15@live.com to anyone who's knowledged with this.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
In that case there should be some sort of data value in the pac that can be changed to determine which sub-actions decay and which don't. But yes, good point.

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
There's got to be something somewhere about decay. But meh, who knows. For some reason I doubt that they would leave decay out of high-reward moves like Falcon Punch, Warlock Punch, Jiggs rest, etc. It's not like it would make that big of a difference anyways.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Anybody? I need a little help on two things. I would like to keep it private so that's why I gave my email.

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
BSZ, to be honest I only have a basic knowledge of this stuff, but I'm one of the few people online right now. If you want to talk to someone privately, maybe you could try PMing me or someone more knowledgeable?

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
BSZ, to be honest I only have a basic knowledge of this stuff, but I'm one of the few people online right now. If you want to talk to someone privately, maybe you could try PMing me or someone more knowledgeable?
I'm fairly knowledgable to this. I will pm him.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Thanks, cookieMONster. Think you can go to my IRC Channel so we can have a direct talk?

droughboi

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, you know the b attack on Dragon-Rages Ike? and the Down B on Pmario? how exactly are those made. ima lil confused.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Ok, I'm not sure if I'm done for the moment but I need help with one thing.

How do I make it so Marth has a fire sword, like Phoenix Mario (Side Smash)? I tried but the animation is an invisible homerun bat that does damage with a weird graphic effect.

droughboi

Smash Journeyman

How do I make it so Marth has a fire sword, like Phoenix Mario (Side Smash)? I tried but the animation is an invisible homerun bat that does damage with a weird graphic effect.
Oh my god! -__- I've been at this for HOURS! I cant figure it out either. if you go to the psa discussion thread, on some of the past pages, you'll see some of the stuff that I found out. lmao im workin on it right now, but no luck...

just2good

Smash Cadet

I can maybe figure it out, ill go try.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
XD, I've been bothering with it for a while too. My friend did it for me but I slept while he tried to send it to me and he left..

All I've got so far is a damaging invisile bat.

DeadX

Smash Journeyman
first off, i'm a noob and i don't really get bone/ID. what do they do? if i give bone a value of 5, what happens? for example, what would i put in to make a taunt an attack move?

and i'm also a bit confused with the (special) body collision. i understand setting knockback, damage, projectory, and all that. but what i don't understand is why i never see that subaction as default. i look at 112 on captain falcon, but i don't see any body collision. i think that 112 is special B, but i don't see any knockback. why is that?
EDIT: nvm the above. what i'm confused about is what the "go to" things and values mean. i really don't understand.

also, a video would be awesome, whoever wants to make one. :chuckle:

droughboi

Smash Journeyman
XD, I've been bothering with it for a while too. My friend did it for me but I slept while he tried to send it to me and he left..

All I've got so far is a damaging invisile bat.
Same here. I want my sword to look like electric or dark though. Not fire. can you like contact him and ask how he did it?

Top Bottom