• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

sffadsad

Smash Apprentice
While the guide is pretty good, in my opinion it helps no more than Phantom Wing's own Notes.txt.

I'm aware that this guide is a work in progress and that you need more time to get used to the program itself, but here are some things that I think would help make your guide more accessible to everyone who wants to get into PSA. In no particular order:

- A quick overview on what Hexadecimals actually are, and how they work.
- A very quick explanation on how to use the converters. i.e. What each field represents, which precision to use.
- Some code examples and how they work.
- Dumbing down of the technical terms. (You've already done a pretty good job of this, but a quick things to know at the beginning of the guide would better help people understand what sub-routines parameters, and etc are.)
- List of what each animation name really does. For example what animation is Smash ThrowF.

For a "beta" guide of a beta version of a program it's pretty good. I'm sure a lot more information will be added as you and the rest of the community begin to understand how PSA works. The I really want to see added would be the examples and explanation of codes, since it would better show how each command fits into the whole script.

Edit:

Quick question. If we're unable to edit normal attacks as you said, how was PW able to edit Mario's Fsmash and Ftilt, and add the pillar of fire to his Fair?

Me_Aludes

Smash Apprentice
Quick question. If we're unable to edit normal attacks as you said, how was PW able to edit Mario's Fsmash and Ftilt, and add the pillar of fire to his Fair?
You CAN edit normal attacks. You can't edit the actions, but you can edit the subactions they use. So you can pretty much change everything (hitboxes, GFX, SFX, special propierties, etc.)

Mobbin

Smash Apprentice
Hey cookiemonster... do you think it's possible to add a hitbox to "Show me your moves" where all characters on screen get hit by an absurdely strong spike (electric, of course) when he points his hand away after saluting?

greetz

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Hey cookiemonster... do you think it's possible to add a hitbox to "Show me your moves" where all characters on screen get hit by an absurdely strong spike (electric, of course) when he points his hand away after saluting?

greetz
Certainly. I was planning to just make that happen, except NOT in time with the hand saluting, but you can try it.

B3Brawler

Smash Apprentice
If sonic doesnt have any fire effects on any of his moves then its close to impossible unless you know how to locate another characters speical effects

on that note

I found some somke effects for sheik lol the one she uses when she comes outta her upB
You should create a giant smoke bomb to replace her down B.
Sonic runs at shiek-Smoke bomb-sonic comes out with 999 damage.

Roy-G-Biv

Smash Journeyman
This sets how the character's own hitboxes act. 00 = normal, 01 = invincible, 02 = intangible.
(some more but those are variations of 02)
-normal is how the character normally acts, meaning taking a hit when someone hits him
-invincible is not actual invincible, you take hits as normal, but recieve 0 damage.
-intangible is true invincibility, no taking hits nor damage.
Rather, don't you mean 01 is super armor frames?

Like, you don't flinch at all, but you still take damage?

Revven

FrankerZ
01 isn't Super Armor, 01 is literally the invincibility you get from when you respawn. SA is a special script and there are three different versions of them.

SonicBurst

Smash Apprentice
I have a couple of questions. How do I switch sonic's moves up? For one thing, I'm trying to get him to spike. And second trying make his down b like pheonix mario's side b. You know, change things up. Maybe make his up tilt his 3rd three hit neutral combo. that is all. Thanks in advance

Revven

FrankerZ
Type in the name of the animation you wish to change it to and then either copy/paste the hitboxes and all the other information from the animation you want to change it to over to it in the Sub Action Main script box OR add your own information (if you can grasp bones and hitbox size).

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I advise against making things 999% on account of absurd recoil. With this, if your foe shields an attack, you are dead.

Anyway, the more damage done, the more damage on the shield right?

SuSa

Banned via Administration
If you copied a script for a hitbox and learned how to play with it, could you make things like Pit's nair have more hitboxes then it already has? And change the angles and such to lead into eachother, making it much harder to SDI out?

Also if it has not already been done... are we going to be fixing Peach's airdodge for it's missing 10 frames of invincibility? (Is this possible? I'm assuming it is)

Also how do you read this crap to translate it into frames? XD I know 60,000 =~ 1 frame but actually counting them and such until the hitbox comes out, then it ends, and another hitbox comes out, etc. Is pretty confusing.... Take for example. Bowser's aerialN (neutral air I am assuming) and post the frame data you gather for it from this... so I can compare it with my own.

EDIT:
Also is there currently a way to make moves act more like Shieldbreaker? (but possibly to a lesser extent)

DeadX

Smash Journeyman
*sigh*.

i got as far as opening the .pac files. it says "error reading file" every time.

SonicBurst

Smash Apprentice
lol key word, grasp. Still trying to figure out everything, just downloaded this.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
If you copied a script for a hitbox and learned how to play with it, could you make things like Pit's nair have more hitboxes then it already has? And change the angles and such to lead into eachother, making it much harder to SDI out?

Also if it has not already been done... are we going to be fixing Peach's airdodge for it's missing 10 frames of invincibility? (Is this possible? I'm assuming it is)

Also how do you read this crap to translate it into frames? XD I know 60,000 =~ 1 frame but actually counting them and such until the hitbox comes out, then it ends, and another hitbox comes out, etc. Is pretty confusing.... Take for example. Bowser's aerialN (neutral air I am assuming) and post the frame data you gather for it from this... so I can compare it with my own.

EDIT:
Also is there currently a way to make moves act more like Shieldbreaker? (but possibly to a lesser extent)
Yes

Most Likely

SOMEONE ELSE ANSWER THAT

Possibly, i dont know.

SonicBurst

Smash Apprentice
No clue, still figuring stuff out. Hoping another version comes out in just plan english instead of numbers. lol Not as good as you guys

SonicBurst

Smash Apprentice
Ok, I'm am getting it a liitle, I see where the graphics are and the sound. Still need some time though

SonicBurst

Smash Apprentice
if i wanted to give a character their victory poses as taunts, i would copy every thing in win 1-2-3 and put it in appeal, or would i just copy SFX and or GFX?
I figure you do both. But I am not sure. try and see which one works

Revven

FrankerZ
Yes, you can add hitboxes but, like you said, you would need to play with the original hitboxes first to understand where the bone would go and hitbox size and damage and KB and angle etc. For now, just mess with the current hitboxes.

AFAIK, you cannot do anything related to frame speed edits at all with this program. You would need to use the code for frame speed mods and this constitutes as a frame speed modification which as I said before, PZ cannot do this currently (and it's possible it won't ever be able to).

I believe PK made a formula for this using the Wii's processing power into the equation. However, I do not have the formula on hand, I believe it's a few pages back.

SuSa

I understand pretty well how the hitboxes works, same with KB and angle. Damage would need to be played with. (May I ask what D is? I noticed this for Bowser's nair... one said Damage=D while the other said Damage=9

It would not edit the frame speed, it would simply change 10 frames of vulnerability to be invincibility. Here is an example of a madeup (I'm at a friends, I don't have the program to use) example:

Time = 60000
animation start
Time= 120,000
invincibility starts
Time= sometime later (the correct amount of time)
invincibility ends
animation finish

Right now, Peach has roughly 600,000 less invincibility time (IIRC)

SonicBurst

Smash Apprentice
how do you find out what is uptilt? Can you had any effects to sonic? Thunder, wind, fire, anyting?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
attack11 is the first jab hit. attack12 is the second, attack13 is the third, and then I think attack100 is the rapid combo afterwards.

up tilt is AttackHi3, I think. although the person writing the guide should post this all in his guide once we figure it all out.

SonicBurst

Smash Apprentice
Thanks, trying to move some things around with sonic, like give him that rapid kick like pheonix mario to his down b and have his 3rd jab be his uptilt to allow for good comboing. Trying to figure stuff out. Sorry if bugging

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
With the right animation effect (15, I believe) it would look kinda cool, actually.

SuSa

Couldn't you theoretically change Zamus's taunt (one of them) to call upon the action of her Final Smash, and take away all the hitboxes?

Also how about removing the armour pieces when transforming to Samus > Zamus (to negate being able to abuse the items all match possibly? /just a though)

Also what about giving Sheik/Zelda some... actually useful down-B's and changing their transformation to a taunt (or simply remove it)

Revven

FrankerZ
I understand pretty well how the hitboxes works, same with KB and angle. Damage would need to be played with. (May I ask what D is? I noticed this for Bowser's nair... one said Damage=D while the other said Damage=9
D is the number in hexadecimal. So you need a hex to dec calculator to convert the numbers to decimal and vice versa.

SuSa said:
It would not edit the frame speed, it would simply change 10 frames of vulnerability to be invincibility. Here is an example of a madeup (I'm at a friends, I don't have the program to use) example:

Time = 60000
animation start
Time= 120,000
invincibility starts
Time= sometime later (the correct amount of time)
invincibility ends
animation finish

Right now, Peach has roughly 600,000 less invincibility time (IIRC)
I haven't looked at how Air Dodges are set up so I wouldn't know if this is actually possible or even at all.

SuSa

D is the number in hexadecimal. So you need a hex to dec calculator to convert the numbers to decimal and vice versa.

I haven't looked at how Air Dodges are set up so I wouldn't know if this is actually possible or even at all.
Oh right, hex..... der... <_< I should've guessed that. Almost forgot that moves do deal damage in decimals... lol

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
if i wanted to give a character their victory poses as taunts, i would copy every thing in win 1-2-3 and put it in appeal, or would i just copy SFX and or GFX?
Copy everything.

I don't know if it's been said or not but the AttackXX4 sub actions or the smash attacks.

Gregory2590

Smash Journeyman
NNID
phireblast
I wish I knew how to add hitboxes to a move. I toyed around with offensive collision's options but none of my attacks are hurting anyone. I even have the right bone too.

Lil_Yuri

Smash Rookie
Can't you take the fire effect of the fire flower and add that to a character's action that doesn't have fire?
Also, how do you do what PW did with Mario? Running and jumping and attacking with fire streaks?

Top Bottom