• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

It's a forum

Smash Apprentice
Awesome! Can't wait to see some AMAZING movesets, since there's no way I'm learning this. But I must give myself credit for finding out how to edit damage percentages and sound effects. lol

SuSa

Banned via Administration

"-Trajectory: This is in other places referred to as angle. It determines at which
trajectory/angle the hit will send the opponent.
-Base Knockback. the base amount of knockback the hitbox gives.
-Knockback Growth. By how much the knockback scales with damage."

I have a question.......... are the values already present? (Meaning we can find the Base, Growth, and Trajectory just by using this program...) same with frame data.

If so, we can have In Depth Frame data for every single character in Brawl in a rather short amount of time using this program........ or is it from the scratch up?

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Yes, from what I've seen you can find almost any information on a move you want. Dataphiles rejoice.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion

"-Trajectory: This is in other places referred to as angle. It determines at which
trajectory/angle the hit will send the opponent.
-Base Knockback. the base amount of knockback the hitbox gives.
-Knockback Growth. By how much the knockback scales with damage."

I have a question.......... are the values already present? (Meaning we can find the Base, Growth, and Trajectory just by using this program...) same with frame data.

If so, we can have In Depth Frame data for every single character in Brawl in a rather short amount of time using this program........ or is it from the scratch up?
Take the original character.pacs to get the Base, Growth, and Trajectory, but I am not sure about the frame data. Check it out if you want.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
HOW YOU EDIT EFFECTS:

Go to sub-action: and then modify the offensive collision of the move. go to "flags" and change the type thing to value..and put in the value that changes the move to ___ effect. Now the code that you need is eight characters, but those haven't all been found yet.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
HOW YOU EDIT EFFECTS:

Go to sub-action: and then modify the offensive collision of the move. go to "flags" and change the type thing to value..and put in the value that changes the move to ___ effect. Now the code that you need is eight characters, but those haven't all been found yet.
yea, i already know that.

here is a post of mine:

Alright, I was wondering if someone could help me. You see, I am fine-tuning my Project SA skills. I know how to edit everything. Well, almost everything. I know HOW to edit effects of moves (not graphic effects), but I lack a proper list of character effect ID's. For those who don't know, here is how to edit the effect of a move:

-Locate the animation of the move that you want to add an effect.
-Edit the offensive collisions flag by double clicking each of them.
-Add the effect code to the flags parameter.

I only have this ID:
electric (i think)= 39030283

Could you guys tell me of otehr ID's that you know of? It would help a lot. Thank you for your time.

Magus420

Smash Master
Some random stuff I noticed:

-The "RA-Bit[30]" looks like it's used in aerials for the autocancel windows. While it's set to true you'd go into the attack's landing, and while false you'd land normally (autocanceled). The timings on them have matched up exactly with the frame data I've compared them to.

-The 1st flag value on hitboxes looks like it'd be priority related. All of MK's attacks that I looked at had a value of 2 there except for dash attack and glide attack which are 3. Almost every other characters' attacks have 3 as well. Zelda's u-smash also has 2. I'm guessing 2 would give it transcendent priority, but I don't have the game to be able to test.

how do you edit the effects of the moves? like, make falcons dair electric?

i need to know!!!!!! it would help a lot. thanks for your time.
It looks like it's the last digit on the flags. Normal moves I've looked at have 0 here, slash type 2, and electric 3. Try changing the last digit of the flags on his d-air hitbox/es to 3 (there's 2 hitboxes on it):

Captain Falcon
Sub Action 66 (AttackAirLw)
39830480 -> 39830483

Me_Aludes

Smash Apprentice
It seems that 60000 intervals ~= 1frame.
That's the duration of the hitbox of Jiggs Rest.

Some other stuff:

0x060 seems the number of jumps a character has.
Pokemons can't be edited?, and DDD doesn't seem to work either.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
>< So how would I make Lucario's run animation have an aura effect like PMario's fire effect?

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
How do you edit the range of a grab?

im making an epic character, id like to know. It would help a lot. chaingrabz! lol

Me_Aludes

Smash Apprentice
@cookieM0Nster:

Subaction 6C, i think, it's the grab.

I don't know which of the parameters is the range though. Try editing each one.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
@cookieM0Nster:

Subaction 6C, i think, it's the grab.

I don't know which of the parameters is the range though. Try editing each one.
that cant be it. it is catching when you grab an item that someone throws at you.

or maybe ur right...

ill try.

edit: you are right. however, I cannot get it to work properly. I'm gonna try again.

timothyung

Smash Ace
We need a list of every single action of every single character.

EDIT:
Also PK are you sure the hitboxes are 2D?

MaxThunder

PM Support
We need a list of every single action of every single character.

EDIT:
Also PK are you sure the hitboxes are 2D?
i'm working on a list of animations... most animations have global names like tilts and smashes... and stuff... but i think animations for special attacks are more difficult to find...

by the way... does anyone know animation names for tilts?

Sterowent

Smash Ace
alright, i know symphonic had this problem earlier, but, out of the blue, he resolved it.

i'm getting an 'error' message whenever i open up a .pac. mind you, it's the correct file, Fit***.pac from the meowmix DL.

how does one get past this?

MaxThunder

PM Support
try the newest .net framework... i think...

i gave marth 50 jumps=)... or so i though... i actually got 80... i dunno why though...

D

Deleted member

I wish I could provide you with better information, but I'm currently a couple thousand miles away from my wii.

the hitboxes are actually 3D (spheres) but I doubt they will still work unless you move everything to the depth you want.

the flags set more than just effects so be carefull with it.

maxthunder, 50 in hex equals 80 in decimal, that 1 might be a miscount

Dragonrage

Smash Apprentice
About the Special's animations, those heavily differ from character to chracter. Ike for example has SpecialHi1-4 and SpeciaiAirHi1-4 for grounded and aerial upB respectively.

Charging moves usaually have a start, loop and ending animations. Again in Ike's case it's SpecialNStart, SpecialNLoop, SpecialNStart and the same for aerial version just with Air before the N.

The pattern for attacks in general seems to be AttacktypeAirXState

Attacktype can either be Attack or Special and Air is just added if it's an aerial or an aerial version of a B move.
State is only used for charged moves. For smashes it's Start, Hold, End.

X can have a lot of different values.

N - Neutral (Neutral B, Nair)
S - Side (SideB, Ftilt, Fsmash)
Lw - Down (DownB, Dtilt, Dsmash, Dair)
F - Forward (Fair)
B - Backward (Bair)

11 - Jab first hit
12 - Jab second hit
13 - Jab third hit
Dash - Dash Attack
3S/3Lw/3Hi - Tilts
S3S - Normal Ftilt
S3Lw - low angled Ftilt
S3Hi - high angled Ftilt
4S/4Lw/4Hi - Smashes
S4S - Norml Fsmash
S4SLw - low angled Fsmash
S4SHi - high angled Fsmash

MaxThunder

PM Support
I wish I could provide you with better information, but I'm currently a couple thousand miles away from my wii.

the hitboxes are actually 3D (spheres) but I doubt they will still work unless you move everything to the depth you want.

the flags set more than just effects so be carefull with it.

maxthunder, 50 in hex equals 80 in decimal, that 1 might be a miscount
after recounting it 5 time i finally found out it was just 80..(edited my post) this means 2 and 4 in hex equals 2 and 4 in decimal...

just thought someone would like this... this is as far i've gotten on my animations list http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mnmnmftt3yj

droughboi

Smash Journeyman
Bleh I'm usually pretty good with these kinds of things but sheesh... feeling kinda dumbfounded right now.
anyways I have a question:
how high/low can your decimals (for walking/dashing) go before it freezes the game?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Why does jigglypuff have two different subactions for her down taunt? She has 1C0 and 1C1. They both say AppealLw.

And also, I got jigglypuff to have a wind hitbox on her downtaunt, but whenever she gets out of her "deflated" animation, it freezes up. Any idea why?

droughboi

Smash Journeyman
Why does jigglypuff have two different subactions for her down taunt? She has 1C0 and 1C1. They both say AppealLw.

And also, I got jigglypuff to have a wind hitbox on her downtaunt, but whenever she gets out of her "deflated" animation, it freezes up. Any idea why?
ima lil slow today. what thingy is the wind attribute?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
wind attribute is C1C3000. But can someone help with my problem please?

Sorry for being so pushy, but I have no idea why it's not working.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
Every character has a different action for taunts facing both left and right. You might need to edit it for both to add the hitbox.

Also, there's probably a line you need to add to make it go back to, say, the idle animation.

Has anybody else had the brilliant idea of opening up PMario's pac to see how PW changed what he changed?

Also, I thought a frame was 30000 intervals...i could swear i saw a few actions that were 90000 intervals long.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Every character has a different action for taunts facing both left and right. You might need to edit it for both to add the hitbox.

Also, there's probably a line you need to add to make it go back to, say, the idle animation.

Has anybody else had the brilliant idea of opening up PMario's pac to see how PW changed what he changed?

Also, I thought a frame was 30000 intervals...i could swear i saw a few actions that were 90000 intervals long.

Does anyone know what that line might be? And where would I add it?

Someone...please?

Gigas_Deth

Smash Apprentice
See that guy on the corner? Yeah that's not me.
SPECIALS

In the "action" dropdown list, you can see certain numbers. each number represents a certain
action. For every character the following applies:

112 Neutral Special
113 Side Special
114 Up Special
115 Down Special
116 Final Smash

How is this true for every character? There's nothing for Samus in actions 112, 113, 115, and 116.

I'll screw around and maybe figure out what's what for her if I have time.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
So there are two things that come to my mind with this, B+ related in particular.

While I do not feel MK needs further nerfs (at least not until further evidence is given) Magnus's post seems like we would be able to finally give his glide attack lag. I know that has been brought up many times, and it was simply impossible because the move autocancels on landing; so I suppose that could be something to look into.

And seeing as how we can apparently edit IASA frames... this finally means we can do something extremely win. Give all taunts IASA frames and allow them to be cancelable. If I had my Wii with me I would do that immediately, but I won't have access to it until tomorrow. Either way... taunt canceling will be the best thing EVAR. I was thinking have a very small window right at the taunts beginning where the IASA frames would be; wait any longer and you are stuck in the animation. Hopefully the voice files would continue to play after canceling.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
can someone please help me? I want to make it so that my wind hitbox down taunt on jiggz doesn't freeze up after she inflates again. What line do I have to add in order to make her go back to idle animation (and not freeze up) and where do I add this line?

Gigas_Deth

Smash Apprentice
See that guy on the corner? Yeah that's not me.
SPECIALS

In the "action" dropdown list, you can see certain numbers. each number represents a certain
action. For every character the following applies:

112 Neutral Special
113 Side Special
114 Up Special
115 Down Special
116 Final Smash

How is this true for every character? There's nothing for Samus in actions 112, 113, 115, and 116.

I'll screw around and maybe figure out what's what for her if I have time.
You would think this is a big discovery...

Me_Aludes

Smash Apprentice
@SymphonicSage12: I've managed to give jiggs a "wind hitbox" on her Dtaunt. I'm amazing.

I used a Special Offensive Collision. 0 damage, flag value 00030000, first undefined value 00000006, second undefined value E04FFFC0. I've tried it and it works.

Top Bottom