• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
@droughboi

I'm not sure for the angle. But, for the Dark "Wave", you could try and look at Phoenix Mario's move. If you figure it out, just change the fire effect to dark.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
I already answered >.>

put trajectory to B4, which is straight backwords

PMario's down b is multiple effects, not just one.

D

Deleted member

can someone do me a favor a test out what bones are what parts of the body?, mario would be fine, I just need a rough reference for the guide.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
@SymphonicSage12

Calm down, I refreshed the page and only saw his comment so I replied.

droughboi

Smash Journeyman
oooh. Yea another thing I noticed. You can take an animation or an entire B move (like marios Dspecial) and put it on another character. but you wont see the attack(it'll be invisible but have the hitbox) unless the character you took it from is in the match. is there a way around that?

D

Deleted member

Then how did phantom wings do it with phoenix mario, if you say its not possible?
:roll:
because PW knows the way of the ninja.
I'll look into PMario a bit and include a note in the guide on props

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
and

Pmario's down b ISNT A PROJECTILE SMART ONE. It's multiple effects chained together, NOT a projectile.

D

Deleted member

oooh. Yea another thing I noticed. You can take an animation or an entire B move (like marios Dspecial) and put it on another character. but you wont see the attack(it'll be invisible but have the hitbox) unless the character is in the match. is there a way around that?
sorry, double post. no there is no way around that. but I don't see why you'd want that, there are about 450 animations for each character.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
The only thing right now before I test again is to get this stupid dark sword to work! *cries*

Is there anyone who understands how it works? Both people that did it for me left, xD.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
um all I know is that you have to have both a graphic effect and an external graphic effect. And they have to be on the right bone, and they have to have dark effect. That's all I know X(

And btw I tried to give peach's fthrow a heart animation, and nothing showed up. hehe....

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
@henpen924

That's actually a normal but bigger (I think) fireball with increased speed and no gravity so it doesn't bounce. He also made it so they don't dissapear. Plus, he made it so the animation is the cape one.

henpen924

Smash Apprentice
@henpen924

That's actually a normal but bigger (I think) fireball with increased speed and no gravity so it doesn't bounce. He also made it so they don't dissapear. Plus, he made it so the animation is the cape one.
I know but still its an edited projectile. so how?

droughboi

Smash Journeyman
sorry, double post. no there is no way around that. but I don't see why you'd want that, there are about 450 animations for each character.
Im messing with sonic right now. ( sooo badass so far!) and he doesnt have Dark animations n stuff. the ones I really want are the ones that Ganon has. (his dark explosion type animation)

henpen924

Smash Apprentice
@Falco400

thanks, do you tnik he'll be able to release a version of SA with prop hacking?

Revven

FrankerZ
@Falco400

thanks, do you tnik he'll be able to release a version of SA with prop hacking?
I asked PW about it (or someone else did) and he said that for items and probably props relating to items would need a whole different editor. I am pretty sure though that some projectiles like Samus Neutral B, Side B, could actually be edited IF the program loaded the specials and had data on them. You can probably currently mess with Link's Boomerang and arrows (same for TL) but you might not be able to mess with Mario's fireballs because they may be treated as items (which IIRC, some projectiles ARE treated as items).

Wander

Smash Journeyman
Having a problem here...I tried replacing Mario's Down B with his dair, the tornado. I deleted all the original animations and effects for FLUDD, pasted in the data for Tornado, changed the animation name to AttackAirLw, all that stuff. I used it on the ground and he went into T-stance, and when I used it in the air it worked but froze the game once he landed.

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
Does anyone know the graphic flag for stars? I tried the one on the other page but it gave me a blue aura effect.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
To move graphics to the left or right, you change the Z offset, not the X offset. Why this is, I don't know. XD
Having a problem here...I tried replacing Mario's Down B with his dair, the tornado. I deleted all the original animations and effects for FLUDD, pasted in the data for Tornado, changed the animation name to AttackAirLw, all that stuff. I used it on the ground and he went into T-stance, and when I used it in the air it worked but froze the game once he landed.
Did you change the effects in the "Specials" section?

Wander

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone know the graphic flag for stars? I tried the one on the other page but it gave me a blue aura effect.
36 causes the graphic effect for healing items, 55 is some kind of sparkling effect that remains on the stage after it appears (meaning the stage is eventually covered in sparkles), and 5A is some other star effect I haven't tested.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
We really could use like, a list of effects and move IDs on the front page, that'd be awesome.

Also, how does one find out where to find say, a character's Fsmash?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
fsmash is in subactions, it's S4S .

S4S start is initiating the fsmash, S4S is the fsmash itself, S4S hold is charging the fsmash.

At least, I think.

tsunami70875

Smash Journeyman
fsmash is in subactions, it's S4S .

S4S start is initiating the fsmash, S4S is the fsmash itself, S4S hold is charging the fsmash.

At least, I think.
yeah, that's right

what we really need lists of are:

SFXs
GFXs
External GFXs
Explanations of the various names of subactions
Prop IDs
Bones
Events

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
We also need codes of hit effects (The ones that you put in flags on an offensive collision).

Like, a full list of them.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
GFX and Effects of Moves

GFX ID's

Here is my current list of GFX ID's.
1 Generic Hit 1
2 Generic Hit 2
3 Fire Hit
4 Lightning Hit
5 Slash Hit
6 Slash Wave Hit
7 Heavy Landing
8 Light Landing
9 Flash
A Wind
10 Shine
13 Lightning
15 Small Dust
18 explosion
21 Dust
29 large dust blast
30 Lucario like aura effect
31 Light Line
32 Bright Yellow Orb
33 Smoke
34 Cool vortex Circle Thing
35 Circular Flash
36 Stars (healing visuals)
37 Kirby Star (the effect when you destroy star box in dreamland stage)
38 Pokeball effect (the effect when they are about to come out the ball)
39 Rockslide effect?
3A fire Explosion
3B Better fire explosion
4B Dust Smoke Cloud things
4C Bright Blue Effect
4D Bomb-omb explosion
4E Water splash
4F Water
50 Water splash
51 Purple Burst
52 Dark Orb
53 Fire Sun
54 Flame Orb
55 Stars (permanent)
56 Blue wave Flash
57 Huge coin
58 Green Laser
59 Green thruster
5A More Stars
5B Kirby Warp star

How to edit GFX's

Here is how to edit effects, and what ID's to use:

The hitbox element flag is only the last 2 digits. Changing it to that entire thing droughboi listed will change lots of properties of the hitbox to whatever the original move was that flag set was copy/pasted from.

Element:
------YY

Important
The 2nd to last digit is SHARED with some other flag (possibly part of the SFX flag?), so the 1st digit will be combined with this other flag's digit. This other flag seems to always either be 0, 4, or 8

This other flag could look something like this:

(Part of SFX?):
------X-
or
-----XX-
or
----XXX-

So considering both of them, it could look like this:
------ZY
or
-----XZY
or
----XXZY

...with Z being the combined value of the 1st digit of the element and the last digit of that other flag. If the last 2 digits on the original flags are ------45, and the original element of the hitbox is Fire (05), then to make that instead have Darkness (13) the end of the flag would now be ------53, Normal Hit (00) would be ------40, Aura (15) ------55, etc. If it was originally Fire and the last 2 flag digits were ------85, Darkness would be ------93, Normal Hit ------80, Aura ------95.

This is an old elements list, but it seems to match what's used here as well for the one's I've seen:

YY
00 Hit
01 ?
02 Slash
03 Electric
04 Ice
05 Flame
06 Coin
07 Cape
08 Slip
09 Sleep
0A ?
0B Impale
0C Stun
0E Flower
0F ? (gives hitstun to some moves that don't normally have any)
10 ?
11 Slash 2
12 Hit 2
13 Darkness
14 Stun
15 Aura
16 Impale 2
17 Down
18 No Flinch

Again, don't overwrite the 2nd to last digit with the element's 1st digit. The 0 or 1 in the element is combined with the 2nd to last flag digit which is also shared with a different flag.
Hope it helps!

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Anyone can help me? I made Marth's recovery move the Screw Attack animation, but he won't go in the air. He just does the animation on the ground and won't move.

Plus, I still haven't figured out how to give him an element sword like Phoenix Mario.

Even more problems, his Side B won't do any more damage. I know what did it though.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
So if I want an offensive collision to be electric hit effect, I just go to offensive collision, flags, and then change the last number to 3? Do I change the rest of the numbers?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Yes, you only change THE LAST TWO numbers.

edit: UPDATED THE LIST A LOT

Okay, so like just to make sure, on yoshi's dtilt, the last two numbers on the flag are (40). so, if I wanted fire, it would 45, and if I wanted aura, it would be 55, right?

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Okay, so like just to make sure, on yoshi's dtilt, the last two numbers on the flag are (40). so, if I wanted fire, it would 45, and if I wanted aura, it would be 55, right?
No. Change it to 05 for fire, and 15 for Aura.

and edit: can someone write a quick tutorial on how to replace graphic effects?

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Hey, cookieMONster, think you can help me with my problem?

I made Marth's recovery move the Screw Attack animation, but he won't go in the air. He just does the animation on the ground and won't move.

Plus, I still haven't figured out how to give him an element sword like Phoenix Mario.

I still can't get his homerun animation to work. I tried something else and it just freezes.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
but in your example, "45" you said to change it to dark it would be 53. according to your other logic, wouldn't you change it to 13?

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Hey, cookieMONster, think you can help me with my problem?

I made Marth's recovery move the Screw Attack animation, but he won't go in the air. He just does the animation on the ground and won't move.

I still can't get his homerun animation to work. I tried something else and it just freezes.
I could figure out what went wrong if you gave me the .pac and I can run it in the program. pm it to me please, I will figure it out.

Top Bottom