• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Revven

FrankerZ
but in your example, "45" you said to change it to dark it would be 53. according to your other logic, wouldn't you change it to 13?
That was Magus he quoted, secondly, what Magus said (the quote) is the correct way of doing it so you had it right the first time.

Cookiemonster is just being a nub.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Ok I Think I get it for sure. Say the flag number for fire is 05. If the flag on the attack (last two numbers) is 40, you do this:

40+05. add the first two of each to each other (4+0=4) and change the first last digit with the latter second digit (in other words, change the 0 in 40 to 5). This would give you 45. Right?

BTW that list REALLY needs to go on the front page. And what's the difference between slash and slash 2? and other effects like that?

Revven

FrankerZ
@Symphonic: Correct.

@Paprika: Umm, so RyokoYaksa found out that you can edit Sub Routines by double clicking on them rather than clicking Modify. Everything seems to work too when you double click it, at least, when I double clicked a hitbox the usual stuff showed up.

Might wanna edit that out in the guide and put what I said in.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
@droughboi

My two friends know how, but one doesn't want to help me with it and the other did but he left and I lost the pac. I sent it to someone so he could take a look at it.

Wander

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I never click modify. :chuckle:

And btw, is there a way to give a move more than one effect?
The only way I can think of would be to add two different effects to two hitboxes of the same attack, and have both hitboxes collide at the same time. But I can't think of too many attacks you could do this with, except maybe Marth's sword.

droughboi

Smash Journeyman
No, nobody has, you will know when people have when people start posting about it...

Please don't flood the thread with questions like these.
uhm, excuse me? Im not flooding the thread... I've been trying to figure out how to do this for the longest. I had asked others earlier, then I went out for a bit, then I came back and I see all these things about GFX. I was just looking for some clarification, trying to see if any of this tied into making the sword visible. No need to treat my question as if it were spam... You could've just left it at the "No". that would've been suffice.

You make it sound like im the only person who has asked a question on this thread -_-

@Sharkz: Well, when they tell you how, pm the steps or something to me =P

Segab

Smash Rookie
The only way I can think of would be to add two different effects to two hitboxes of the same attack, and have both hitboxes collide at the same time. But I can't think of too many attacks you could do this with, except maybe Marth's sword.
I made an attack with a hitbox and gave it the Aura effect, then I duplicated that hitbox and gave it the Fire effect instead.
Then I tried again but I changed the Aura effect to Flower.
Results: in both cases theres just the Fire effect working. maybe because it's the one the most to the bottom?

edit: I changed the id of the Fire one to 1, and now the Flower effect works but not the Fire effect. wtf?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Thanks for the list, cookiemonster. My jiggz is so awesome now!!!

uptilt=electric effect

down tilt=purple blast graphic and dark effect

Forward Smash: charge has fire and shine graphics and the hit has a fire effect

down smash: charge has smoke, shine, and aura graphics and the hit has an aura effect

pummel has coin graphic :D

forward throw has electric hit graphic and hit has electric effect

down throw has flower effect :D :D :D :D

uair has dark effect, fair has slash 2 effect, bair and dair have electric effect, and dash attack has slash effect.

Magus420

Smash Master
Weight-Dependent Set KB
It would seem that the 1st 4 digits on KBG (mislabeled as BKB in PSA) are used when creating set KB that is affected by weight (how moves naturally have set KB), as opposed to the known way to create set KB through 0 KBG and all into BKB which ends up ignoring weight due to the way BKB works.

Let's take a look at some of the full KBG values on natural set KB moves:

XXXXYYYY
XXXX - Value for KBG-based set KB
YYYY - Value for KBG, and modifier for KBG-based set KB

Toon Link
D-Smash (1st Hit):
00960064 - (150 Weight-Dependant SetKB; 100/1.00 modifier?)
00780064 - (120 Weight-Dependant SetKB; 100/1.00 modifier?)
00500064 - (80 Weight-Dependant SetKB; 100/1.00 modifier?)

F-Smash (1st Hit):
0028006E - (40 Weight-Dependant SetKB; 110/1.10 modifier?)
001E006E - (30 Weight-Dependant SetKB; 110/1.10 modifier?)

Luigi
Jab 1 (All 3 Hitboxes):
00140064 - (20 Weight-Dependant SetKB; 100/1.00 modifier?)

D-Taunt:
00B40064 - (180 Weight-Dependant SetKB; 100/1.00 modifier?)

I don't know exactly what the normal KBG value does (usually 100), but it seems to scale the previously hidden value.

I'm going to take a guess and say that the 100 KBG 0 BKB often found on "hardcoded" set KB attacks probably ends up resulting in 100%/1.00x of the KB power specified by this newly uncovered value when included.

Shield Damage Modifier
I figured out what the mystery hidden values on certain moves' BKB are used for...

XXXXYYYY
XXXX - Value for Shield Damage modifier
YYYY - Value for BKB

Marth's neutral-B has a very high value there under BKB (all hits):

Jiggs' side-B:

DK's side-B:
001E0014

The vast majority of attacks have 0.

Throws
Throws begin at/around Sub Action 72. The 1st line there should be the throw's stats:
Parameter 2: Damage
Parameter 3: Angle
Parameter 4: KBG
Parameter 6: BKB
Parameter 7: Element

SDI Potency Modifier
This is labeled as "x rotate" in PSA on hitboxes. It has nothing to do with hitbox rotation however, and changes the size/length you get when you SDI the move. The default/average value is 60000. Zelda's kicks and Marth's f-smash tip have this as 0, and because of it you can not SDI them at all. Sheik's F-tilt has 30000, and has small SDI length, Zelda's linking hits of u-smash are 6000 (SDI is only really able to be seen here with frame advance because it's so small), and her f-smash is 30000.

Hitlag and Shield Hitlag Differential Modifier
This is labeled as "y rotate" in PSA on hitboxes. Again though, it has nothing to do with hitbox rotation. The default/average here is 60000. Zelda's kicks and Marth's tipped f-smash have 90000, TLink's 2nd hit of f-smash has 120000, and Wolf's f-tilt 180000 as some examples. This is what can result in what people refer to as "cinematic hitlag", but it's really just the hitlag being multiplied.

I believe it also would be the cause of shield hitlag differential (difference in hitlag of the attacker/defender when it hits a shield). Sheik's f-tilt is 30000 (half of the default) so Sheik goes into half the normal hitlag when it connects. The shield however, uses the default value of 60000 so the defender is in hitlag for 2x as long as Sheik when blocking. The opposite is true for things like Marth's tipper hits which have a value well above 60000 and has him be in hitlag longer than the opponent when blocked.

Tripping Rate Modifier
This one is labeled as "z rotate" in PSA on hitboxes. The default/average is 0. Most of the main trip moves are in the 12000 to 24000 range. 100% trip rate is most likely a value of 60000. For a trip to occur, they need to not leave the ground from the KB, not be put into tumble, and get the random tripping chance to happen. I think moves that use a 0 or lower angle get some sort of bonus to this rate by default. I believe it can happen with any angle as long as the conditions are met.

169 Angle aka 'Sakurai Angle'
This angle is comparable to a 40° angle on stronger KBs, but it seems to either not allow them to lift off the ground from a non-tumble hit or starts at a low angle and increases towards 40° as the KB increases. Either way, the angle allows them to remain grounded while a normal 30°-40° angle would lift them off the ground with the same amount of KB, which complements trip moves well if you don't want it to have a downward trajectory.

D

Deleted member

Magus, once again big thanks to you for this awesome amount of data.

also thx to SMK for pointing out that with the Sub Routines. Still means that you can't add lines, but htat is not smart anyway.

to everybody else, shut up about what needs to be in the guide, I'm like typing all the time.

Lil_Yuri

Smash Rookie
I switched Captain Falcon's Utilt and Usmash via copy/paste. Utilt still does Utilt and Usmash still does Usmash, however Utilt won't kill anymore. My goal was to just switch the two because I wanted his Utilt to be his Usmash instead. Does anyone think they know what I did wrong?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Thanks all you guys so much. :D

And Magus, that post was like secks for hackers. LOL

EDIT : NVM about what I just erased...hehe

Lil_Yuri

Smash Rookie
I copied everything.

Wait, I didn't actually have to change the names around did I? Since I copy/paste everything I figured the names should stay how they are.

DeadX

Smash Journeyman
this is based off of cookie's post on GFX IDs.

from magus's(?) quote, it said that if 45 was the value and fire (05) was the effect, to make it darkness (13) you make the last 2 digits 53. i understand that part.

but what happens if you want to make it an effect with a letter in the ID? for example, a move has an the end digits 45 with a fire (05 effect). what would i have to change those digits to in order to acquire a bomb-omb explosion? (4D)

first off, i'm a noob and i don't really get bone/ID. what do they do? if i give bone a value of 5, what happens? for example, what would i put in to make a taunt an attack move?

and i'm also a bit confused with the (special) body collision. i understand setting knockback, damage, projectory, and all that. but what i don't understand is why i never see that subaction as default. i look at 112 on captain falcon, but i don't see any body collision. i think that 112 is special B, but i don't see any knockback. why is that?
EDIT: nvm the above. what i'm confused about is what the "go to" things and values mean. i really don't understand.

also, a video would be awesome, whoever wants to make one. :chuckle:
cuz no one answered

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion

from magus's(?) quote, it said that if 45 was the value and fire (05) was the effect, to make it darkness (13) you make the last 2 digits 53. i understand that part.

but what happens if you want to make it an effect with a letter in the ID? for example, a move has an the end digits 45 with a fire (05 effect). what would i have to change those digits to in order to acquire a bomb-omb explosion? (4D)
There is no letters in ELEMENT codes. The bob-omb explosion effect is for GFX.

Revven

FrankerZ
I copied everything.

Wait, I didn't actually have to change the names around did I? Since I copy/paste everything I figured the names should stay how they are.
You must change the names as well of the animations as that is how it pulls the animations or calls to them.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master

cuz no one answered

about the bomb -omb thing. same thing. so the original is 45, but you want to make a bomb effect? which is 4d?

well then you add the first two of each (4+4=8) and then replace the first of the second with the latter of the second (replace 5 with d)

so you should change it to 8D

EDIT: nvm I thought the bombomb thing was n attack effect.

Segab

Smash Rookie

bob-omb explosion is a Graphic effect, it doesn't go in Flags.

Lil_Yuri

Smash Rookie
@DeadX

The 'go to" is what the action links to, I take it.

Example: I mapped Falcon's Utaunt fire to his Wait 1 animation.

The wait 1 animation's GFX Offset # is 0x22DC4. (0x = 000)
So for his Catch Wait animation GFX I added Goto 00022DC4 and I get his fire effect when he stands there holding the opponent.

Hope that helped.

droughboi

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the list, cookiemonster. My jiggz is so awesome now!!!

uptilt=electric effect

down tilt=purple blast graphic and dark effect

Forward Smash: charge has fire and shine graphics and the hit has a fire effect

down smash: charge has smoke, shine, and aura graphics and the hit has an aura effect

pummel has coin graphic :D

forward throw has electric hit graphic and hit has electric effect

down throw has flower effect :D :D :D :D

uair has dark effect, fair has slash 2 effect, bair and dair have electric effect, and dash attack has slash effect.

Hey, when you went to GFX, did you edit an existing gfx, or create a new one?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
I only edited existing ones, which is why the aerials don't have graphics, because they didn't have prexisting graphics already.

I COULD make new ones, but I'd have to know the bone stuff and everything else, which would be hard.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Magus, you seem to know a lot about this. Do you know how I can fix my Marth's problems?

For his Side Smash, I want his move to be like Phoenix Mario's. A sword made of an effect. The only difference is that I want it to be a dark effect. Second, his Up+B is messed up. I put the Screw Attack animation but he doesn't go in the air, thus proving that it should be in the original offensive collision (What makes him jump), I think. Also, why can't I edit his counter? I tried making it an attack that makes you sleep, but it just didn't change. He still does the counter move. Maybe I forgot something.

Doval

Smash Lord
Confirming Magus420's theory on Shield Damage Modifier. Setting 0060 on the XXXX portion of ZS Samus's 3rd jab led to instant shield breaks. Setting 0028 (equal to Marth's Shield Breaker) led to severe shield damage.

DeadX

Smash Journeyman
Wow, you guys are picky. pretend i put flower (0E) instead of bomb-omb (4D). just use your imagination.

about the bomb -omb thing. same thing. so the original is 45, but you want to make a bomb effect? which is 4d?

well then you add the first two of each (4+4=8) and then replace the first of the second with the latter of the second (replace 5 with d)

so you should change it to 8D
i understand now. thanks for the help.

@DeadX

The 'go to" is what the action links to, I take it.

Example: I mapped Falcon's Utaunt fire to his Wait 1 animation.

The wait 1 animation's GFX Offset # is 0x22DC4. (0x = 000)
So for his Catch Wait animation GFX I added Goto 00022DC4 and I get his fire effect when he stands there holding the opponent.

Hope that helped.
um.....i'm starting to get the hang of it. just a couple problems:
0x=000. why is that?

and, more importantly, whats this mapping about? what i mean is, why did you map to wait 1? couldn't you have just add goto: (offset of appealHi) as the GFX thing? and, what exactly is mapping? (i feel stupid).
and with you and your mapping to his wait 1 animation, would the fire effect be present during his standing animation?

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Instant shield breaker?
*has an idea for an extremely hard to land move that is extremely rewarding*

Aww, I have the perfect idea for a rather... overpowered but balanced at the same time character.... can't wait to get home..

D

Deleted member

UPDATED
I still feel the guide is not even close to done, but I was already at 8 pages in word. hope you like it.

Lil_Yuri

Smash Rookie
Wow, you guys are picky. pretend i put flower (0E) instead of bomb-omb (4D). just use your imagination.

i understand now. thanks for the help.

um.....i'm starting to get the hang of it. just a couple problems:
0x=000. why is that?

and, more importantly, whats this mapping about? what i mean is, why did you map to wait 1? couldn't you have just add goto: (offset of appealHi) as the GFX thing? and, what exactly is mapping? (i feel stupid).
and with you and your mapping to his wait 1 animation, would the fire effect be present during his standing animation?
0x22DC4 = 00022DC4 that's all that means.

You can map it to his AppealHi, I just deleted all that because I plan on changing his Utaunt.

Look at Captain Falcon's Neutral B GFX, then look at the air and turning versions of it. You'll see they all go to his Neutral B standing animation. Also, I noticed if you change the animation the Offset number will change. So make sure you look at that when adding
Goto: 0x#####.

Also yes, the fire effect is present during his standing animation.

Top Bottom