• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2010 Melee Combo Video Awards ~Nominations closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
Soo... Does the combo vid have to be player specific?

Like... as in not just a combo video for one or a few players but just a 'melee combo video' in general.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Mid November.

I haven't decided on an exact date. I'm thinkin somewhere around like 11/15 or something though. Actual Voting will happen once the nomination period is over, obviously lol

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Update!

I just wanna update that now there WILL be prizes for the top 3 videos.

So now that the ante's up lets make this awesome guys :)

As for the prize list,

1st place is 1 year premium membership

2nd place wins 6 months of Premium membership

3rd place wins 3 months of premium membership

All sorts of goodies comes from it such as ability to view and post in the disco room, custom title changes, and more!

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Who gets the prize? The person/people in the video, or the person/people who MADE the video?

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Creator of the video. If they decide to give it to the player then that can be arranged.

But since the creator of the video is the one who put the most work into this I think its fair to give them the credit and the prize.

AXE 09

Smash Master
If I make my 3 votes right now, but then I want to change one of my votes in the future, can I do that?

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
curse game theory being a hype video.

i cast my preemptive vote for wtf hax, but i'm kinda biased.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
If I make my 3 votes right now, but then I want to change one of my votes in the future, can I do that?
As long as you remember which ones you voted for and what you want to retract from, sure.

curse game theory being a hype video.

i cast my preemptive vote for wtf hax, but i'm kinda biased.
xD

The video has to be released in order to put it in as a nomination lol xD

Being biased is fine haha =3

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
just pre-emptively cast all your votes for my combo video.

you can give one to Shadow Claw IV, if you want ;)

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
fox in socks
Super Hardcore to the Floor Aggro ****: A Ghetto Comedy/Tragedy

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
can I nominate multiple ones? if so, I will nominate Silent Wolf - All Systems Go, Sion's falco ghetto ****, and teczero's combo video cuz you posted in that one thread.

If not, then I just nominate All Systems Go, sorry Sion lol.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
Creator of the video. If they decide to give it to the player then that can be arranged.

But since the creator of the video is the one who put the most work into this I think its fair to give them the credit and the prize.
I digress!

It takes many months/years (depending on player) of smash work/experience to develop a skill level worthy of being made into a combo video. Many many many more hours than what it takes for a different person to make the combo video :D

I'm a smartass :D

and my shadowclaw 3 statement was actually me referring to shadowclaw 4 of course, since uh... SC3 doesn't exist.... so

vote 1) shadowclaw 4
vote 2) waiting for a taight combo video to come out
vote 3) undecided. Devour by G. Vice (Falcon-dorf)

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
I'm having trouble deciding on the two other choices but I'm obviously nominating my own vid =P (Inescapable). I'll either edit this post later on or just post again.

EDIT: crap I forgot about this one! I'm nominating this one too:

2 Sheiks 1 Cup

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZztKAXiC9M

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Man big update =D

Good stuff 17 vids up there now xD

In case anyone wants to know why I gave my vid 3 votes is cuz for some reason, Sion voted on my VM wall instead of here >_> weird.

sion said:
ah, the prize goes to the creator. nvm, keep my vote. add my vote for your combo video, though =D

i'm gonna go to sleep. peace

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
anyone else feel that the votes should be reset until after all the nominations are done?

I mean some of these already have upwards of 5 or 6 votes before any of the others were put up.

nobody voted up I killed Mufasa 3? Kobe getting own?? REALLY????

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
anyone else feel that the votes should be reset until after all the nominations are done?

I mean some of these already have upwards of 5 or 6 votes before any of the others were put up.

nobody voted up I killed Mufasa 3? Kobe getting own?? REALLY????
I agree with ya Spam, but some people are voting for a particular video no matter what. (Like me and Shadow Claw 4 <3)
IKM3 was goood.....but 2 was better, in 3 I hated the music, and idk....had enough of scar IMO, Axe should of won last year <3

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
I thought the votes were resetting afterward? Then again I'm lazy and didn't read everything.

Though I do agree with what Metal Reeper said.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I agree with ya Spam, but some people are voting for a particular video no matter what. (Like me and Shadow Claw 4 <3)
IKM3 was goood.....but 2 was better, in 3 I hated the music, and idk....had enough of scar IMO, Axe should of won last year <3
Agreed. Obviously I'd have bias. It's ok though because nobody watches Marth video's anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom