• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2008 Canadian Awards! Brawl awards are up. Check post #2!

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
Cloudz is practicing melee now I think.

I just want to see how a 13 year old brawl players who's use to winning finds out he wont be winning in melee anytime soon.
idunno man I havn't been playing competitive melee for too long and i'm o.k, same with Niko he's already one of the most technical in the GTA already and he just started playing

melee is concrete and already has it's meta-game fully evolved. When your being combo'd the only thing that can save you is DI. In Brawl there are MANY more options to escape strings and combo's making it a more mental game than melee, regardless of the mobility options in melee.

Like I started this little rant i'm going to end it the same way "idunno" I havn't went too in-depth into melee to determine which game is better or "easier" but you can't say that this Cloudz guy won't be able to win in melee, he won't at first but in time he might be able too :-)

iunno it's my way of judgement

Sanu

Smash Champion
idunno man I havn't been playing competitive melee for too long and i'm o.k, same with Niko he's already one of the most technical in the GTA already and he just started playing
I'm sorry, but lol? :laugh:

No offense to Niko, but he's definitely not one of the most technical players in the GTA, powershield to rest notwithstanding <_<. Maybe one day though, if he actually gets serious.

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
melee is concrete and already has it's meta-game fully evolved. When your being combo'd the only thing that can save you is DI. In Brawl there are MANY more options to escape strings and combo's making it a more mental game than melee, regardless of the mobility options in melee.

Divinokage

Smash Legend

Like I started this little rant i'm going to end it the same way "idunno" I havn't went too in-depth into melee to determine which game is better or "easier" but you can't say that this Cloudz guy won't be able to win in melee, he won't at first but in time he might be able too :-)

iunno it's my way of judgement
You have a lot to learn.. if you think melee or brawl is in it's full metagame than you will stop evolving. And so you will fail at life and in any game. For example, who would of thought that I can go through shields in both games? lol. I'm learning with Ike how to shield stab people and it's hilarious.

4Serial

Smash Lord
uhh i don't think niko just started playing, he's been playing for like a year or two

we need to melee niko, i haven't seen you in forever
and i don't think i've ever played you in brawl o_o we can play that game too i guess lol

D

Deleted member

lmaooooo i guarantee my fox is more technical than niko's, and i'll still 4-stock him :) with peach of course.

no offense to him though - he's not bad but like .. top technical??? lololllllllllllllllllll

i'd say melee has peaked for the most part. tier list changes at this point are gonna be negligable

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
well yeah I know I don't really have the right to judge melee but i'm just saying melee is pretty much made up and concrete..........

that to, i'm spitting random words on a 99% accuracy

just providing another "side" to the argument as all.

EDIT: wow Kage-logic is really in-depth. i'm on pot right now and thought that was the most revealing statement of the year

idea

Smash Master
1. silent
CLOCK
2. raynex (except in a way more important sense than #1)
3. ????
4. nothing goes here. not even that.

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
well I didn't mean that he was the most technical but considering what small amounts of melee vids i have seen in the GTA, in my opinion I think Niko's tech-skill is up there with the community, not the best but certainly amazing for playing competitive melee for like what? a couple months.

I seriously think props are in order son!

iunno if it's a Niagara bias (prolly is) but powershield rest on command is pretty badass, same with wave-shines on my Falcon, and Shine Usmash on others.......

props are in order, give him respect for what he accomplished in such little time

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
oh ****, how'd i make so many typos
well i do believe you should be first.
I mean like how do you take a rest and kill your opponent at the same time? :laugh:
lol this reminds me of this combo i do with ganger in pokemon crystal version.
1) Sleep
2) Dream Eater
3) Rest (if taken damage once opponent wakes up)
4) Snore
*repeat*
lmfao.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
I think there only 1 or 2 novelty things that SW can do that I can't on a good day. He's more consistent, but I feel I'm more fluid in the way my **** looks etc etc.

Oh and I think PC is really technical in the most subtle of ways. Like Bam...he just doesn't screw up and stuff. Thats basically what I'm trying to emulate.

Metà

Smash Master
Oh and I think PC is really technical in the most subtle of ways. Like Bam...he just doesn't screw up and stuff. Thats basically what I'm trying to emulate.
I think the word you're looking for is 'precision'. There are many players that have the same level of 'tech skill' as him, but he applies his in the best way, makes the fewest makes, and maximizes the potential of everything he does (extremely precise and capitalizes on every mistake his opponent makes). He's almost like a robot, but he's more fun to watch than M2K. Also, he's the most creative Fox I've seen, and pulls off the sickest combos whether his opponent DI's properly or not (reads DI like it's nothing).

These are just my thoughts on PC Chris, and how amazing he is. Also I'm really bored and felt like writing a good paragraph. ._.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
I still think being precise and punishing properly and being fast enough to react and do it all falls under tech. skill. The more you have the easier it is to ****. Because punishing with maximum damage comes naturally that way, in the sense that you have enough tech. skill to perform absolutely **** combos with your character. The problem is that people forget about the important **** and do all this extra novelty crap with their reflexes and speed that doesn't amount to anything.

I'm trying to teach Foxes these days that if you use tech. skill properly, and think about what you do as a Fox main - there honestly isn't a match-up in this game that you can't destroy. Once Fox's metagame reaches its peak, I imagine its going to be the style that I'm going after now.

which is basically, use tech. skill and your intelligence. Imagine if you had a player as technical as Silent Wolf and as smart as Azen? haha thats the new generation of smash.

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer
Just to let people know, I'm unsticking this thread, just because it's been stuck forever and I want to make some room.

@ Raynex's post:

I completely agree. Having a technical Fox doesn't mean reverse waveshining accross the stage for the whole match, or double-shining 50 times in a row. Sure, it's nice to be able to do that, but when it comes down to playing, that's not the definition of technicality.

I notice the presence of my technical skill the most when I'm applying pressure. Combos will just come in a burst of awesome, and then the follow-up usually looks and feels amazing.

Top Bottom