• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2008/09 NFL season/post season

D

Deleted member

Hmm... Did anyone have the Cardinals for the SB at the beginning of the year?
(Axl Rose CANNOT sing)

Raider 88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Raider704
3DS FC
5086-1674-5462
Football fans always pick their teams to go to the Super Bowl, except Brown's/Dolphin's/Ram's/Lion's fans.
Raiders fans also, but I disagree with your assumption.

I guess I'm glad it didn't end up being an Eagles/Steelers showdown, since those two are probably the teams I hate the most in the NFL. I'll be rooting HARD for the Cardinals to win in two weeks...ugh, the thought of Roethlisberger holding up the Super Bowl trophy again...

I think the Cardinals are potentially double-digit underdogs, but wouldn't be shocked if they pulled out a win against Pittsburgh. Arizona's defense was great against Carolina, and they showed little sporadic flashes of being a good defense today against the Eagles. And of course they have the best receiver duo in the NFL with Fitz/Boldin. Plus, Kurt Warner has Jesus on his side.

Peeze

Smash Master
Hmm... Did anyone have the Cardinals for the SB at the beginning of the year?
(Axl Rose CANNOT sing)
I saw them in playoffs, but not all the way.

SUPERBOWL PICKS TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
In lieu of Last years *** upset and the massive amount of cocaine sugar in my system, I'm picking the cardinals.

D

Deleted member

I hope the Cardinals win, so then the Lions can have the longest NFL championship drought record. I think Steelers win though.

Matunas

I'm a monster!
BRoomer
NNID
Matunas
I really don't care either way. I might as well cheer for the underdogs. Go Cardinals?

XACE-K

Smash Master
So where do u siggest putting it? Wyoming? The Wyoming Spelunkers?
Sure, why not? Show Wyoming some love.
/sarcasm

But are they moving a team to LA or addding a new one? If the latter, shouldn't there be another team added to even things out.

Freezewish

Smash Ace
Its funny how I picked Arizona to lose the past 3 weeks and they keep winning. -_-

So this time, I'll pick them to win(hoping they'll lose)

Im rooting for the Steelers but maybe some reverse psychology will work. :laugh:

D

Deleted member

Detroit Lions will always be in Detroit, they've created an insurmountable legacy.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Its funny how I picked Arizona to lose the past 3 weeks and they keep winning. -_-

So this time, I'll pick them to win(hoping they'll lose)

Im rooting for the Steelers but maybe some reverse psychology will work. :laugh:
Same happened with me.

Detroit Lions will always be in Detroit, they've created an insurmountable legacy.
True dat. You can't leave behind your beloved fans that saw the impefect season.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm from Arizona, so a part of me wants to see the Cards win. Everyone around here is going bonkers.

...but at the same time, they're gonna get steamrolled, lol. Go Steelers. :)

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
I think the Cardinals might just take it, im going for them since theyre the udnerdogs... oh, and the Giants are out -_-

Mike87

Smash Ace
Randy Moss has been surpassed as the best WR in the NFL right now, I've always considered him a close second but now its official IMO. Larry Fitzgerald is the Best WR in the NFL.
Andre Johnson remains the most underrated though.

Barry Sanders and the imperfect season? They kind of go hand in hand in a round about ****ed up kind of way.

Proud_Smash_N00b

Smash Ace
I think it's gonna be close. I don't think anyone can stop Fitzgerald. Maybe put Polamalu on him but it won't be enough. Steelers just need to get to Warner quickly and they have to play some offense.

Defense wins championships but you can't win it all without offense.

Raider 88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Raider704
3DS FC
5086-1674-5462
Randy Moss has been surpassed as the best WR in the NFL right now, I've always considered him a close second but now its official IMO. Larry Fitzgerald is the Best WR in the NFL.
When Moss gives a ****, he is the best WR in the game, bar none (imo). Moss ended up with 11 TDs and over 1000 yards this year with Matt Cassel as his QB....with Brady he would've had so much more no doubt. If he had the attitude toward the game of football like Larry Fitzgerald does, and didn't give up on entire seasons (ie: when he played for the Raiders), I think we would be talking about Moss potentially passing Rice as the best WR of all time in the future.

On another note, an interesting statistic I ran across yesterday. Kurt Warner has only played a full 16 game season 3 times in his career: 1999, 2001, and 2008. Do those years look familiar to anyone? Those are the years he went to the Superbowl.

D

Deleted member

Kurt Warner used to always screw up my fantasy because he was always injured.

Mike87

Smash Ace
Quesion

If he wins the SB, Is Warner a HOFer?

I dont think so, I think he's this generations Bernie Kosar, although a bit better.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
I'm gonna say that the Steelers win this game by a score of 26-17

The Cardinals have a good offenses but the Steelers do as well. Steelers defense is the best though and it will show up. Afterall defense wins championships.

XACE-K

Smash Master
If he wins the SB, Is Warner a HOFer?

I dont think so, I think he's this generations Bernie Kosar, although a bit better.
He could. If it wasn't for the 4 years (or 5?) where he was injured, horrible, etc., he would clearly be a HOFer. But those years are what is keeping him back.

D

Deleted member

I'm gonna say that the Steelers win this game by a score of 26-17

The Cardinals have a good offenses but the Steelers do as well. Steelers defense is the best though and it will show up. Afterall defense wins championships.
Steelers have good offense? They rank like 20th in yards.

Steelers have good offense? They rank like 20th in yards.
Don't forget the head coach for the Cardinals was previously the offensive coordinator for the Steelers before he got the head coaching job. So he knows a little bit about the Steelers offense.

I want the Cardinals to win, just to see the city of Phoenix self-destruct from the rioting of Arizona football fans.

Top Bottom