• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2008/09 NFL season/post season

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
I have a feeling San Diego will beat Pittsburgh: Roethlisberger is coming off another injury and the last real game the Steelers played, they got trounced by the Titans. Rivers is making all the right plays and decisions and Sproles is playing out of his mind.

And I'm thinking the playoff time *** will finally show up again and trounce the Eagles: the win Philly had at the end of the season was while the Giants were relaxing, playoff position assured. Philly had trouble with a beat up Minnesota squad and I just don't see this game going their way.

That said, I was incredibly confident in the Panthers blowing out the Cardinals and the exact opposite happened :)

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Predictions:

Eagles over Cardinals 29-27
Ravens over Steelers 16-10

The Conference Championship weekend is always my favorite weekend in football. There's almost always an epic game and that game is often better than the superbowl itself (Last year's Superbowl was the best though hands down)

2008: Awsome Giants/Packers game in below sub-zero temperatures
2007: Epic Patriots/Colts game
2005: Steelers/Patriots
2004: Colts/Patriots
1998: Falcons/Vikings

It's ridiculous the Cardinals get a home game. Eagles had a better record AND beat them in the regular season. Hope that factor doesn't make a major difference but I somewhat doubt it. The Eagles have won some tough road games as of late.

pizzapie7

Smash Ace
I'm probably not going to watch the games this week since the Chargers lost, but I'm pretty sure it's going to be Steelers vs Cardinals.

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
who is still left in the brackets
Response #1: Bracketology for the NCAA is that-a-way ---->
Response #2: Do you seriously not know?
Response #3: Ah, sarcasm. Yes, it's been a crazy NFL playoff this year.
Response #4: In the AFC, Baltimore vs. Pittsburg. In the NFC, Philadelphia vs. Arizona.

Seing friend and fan-based predictions, I'm suprised most are picking the Ravens to represent the AFC. Remember, they were beaten up in corner positions after Ten. Even if Troy P. (don't want to misspell his last name) isn't 100%, the defense will still contain Flacco and the heavily-reliant-on-turnovers offense. Big Ben has a better chance of scoring more points, even if the final score is in the single digits.

(If there are any fans from Phili, this question you can help me answer.)
Would Eagles fans think this season was a failure if the Eagles didn't win against the Cardinals,
and miss the Super Bowl?

(Make sure to consider how they had to get into the playoffs, the streak they are on, getting to the championship game 5 out of 9 years, the fate of Reid and McNabb's future, and the tough feelings of Eagles fans.)

EWING

Smash Apprentice
School: Nashville, TN Home: Long Island, NY
so though all odds are saying that the steelers are gonna trounce the ravens, i just have a hunch that the ravens want it so badly that they're due. they need to get a head start though because if they fall behind the steeler's homefield adv and amazing defense is gonna hold them back

and **** the eagles. go cards.

Wrath`

Smash Master
has a better chance of scoring more points, even if the final score is in the single digits.

(If there are any fans from Phili, this question you can help me answer.)
Would Eagles fans think this season was a failure if the Eagles didn't win against the Cardinals,
and miss the Super Bowl?
Nah, I would not consider it falure, scince I did not even think we would make it to the playoffs, when i saw that we had a wildcard spot I was happy, but even if we lose(wich we wont) it would have been a satisfying year in my opioin+ we know the rules of overtime now.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Eagles-Cardinals is turning out to be a great game. I thought it would be all Eagles but I was wrong. It was all Cards 1st half but now, they Eagles are came back.

Edit: ......the football gods hate me.
That was pass interference. F***ing refs...

JLynn943

Smash Ace
I'm so happy the Cards made it. I'm a Packers fan, but when I realized they weren't going to make it I started rooting for the Cards to go all the way (Warner was my fantasy QB, so I had been rooting for them anyway :p). Nothing against the Eagles though. They had a great season and I really thought they were gonna make it to the Super Bowl.

It's gonna be tough for Arizona no matter who wins the AFC game

@xace-k, I feel your pain. Last season my team lost a really close game that they should have one in the NFC Championship game.

Wrath`

Smash Master
:( Well at least it was not a blowout so, well I would like to see Baltimore win then, but they are losing at this time and place.,

Top Bottom