• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2008/09 NFL season/post season

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Here are my picks for the First Round of the 2009 NFL Playoffs

Falcons over Cardinals 31-27
Eagles over Vikings 21-16
Colts over Chargers 37-13
Ravens over Dolphins 30-10

(That's right I'm taking All the Roadteams.)

Overall I predict Baltimore and Carolina to meet in the superbowl even though Baltimore hasn't yet beaten the cream of the crop in the NFL this year, but at least they were close. Well, they did beat Miami earlier.

It appears the AFC is up for grabs. The Titans and Steelers have been dominant, the Ravens have been good as well, The Colts are on a 9 or 10 game winning streak and Miami has been on a winning streak as well. The Chargers have been on a winning streak but they are by no means good enough to beat any of these teams. Their lucky to have a home game.

In the NFC I'm just picking Carolina just to do so. The Giants could just as easily represent the NFC though. Eagles have caught fire at the right time as well, but don't count Minnesota out.

Peeze

Smash Master
I agree with most of those, though i believe the Dolphins are capable of winning that game, or at least putting up more than 10.
Unfortunately my Vikes cant match up to the Eagles. Unless AP goes crazy(doubt it eagles boast #4 run D). And Jim Johnson likes blitzes, T-Jack will fold like...a flap jack.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
I really think Indy will lose: Chargers have been tearing it up lately (they absolutely destroyed the Buc's defense at Tampa Bay) and are playing better than they have all year. They almost beat Indy at home when they were in the middle of trying to throw their season away and Indy is bound for a loss: they are good, but they catch lucky breaks all the time. Rivers should rip apart their secondary (aren't they still missing Bob Sanders?) and they have had the Colts playoff number for the past few years.

I think it may be within a touchdown, but I think San Diego will win.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
My eagles will have no prob getting through the vikings. AP is ill but he not going to win a game by himself. Vikings QB is suspect and there receivers are even more so. Plus after that crazy game by the d against the cowboys i know my eagles are in full effect for the post season! I got to admit i kinda loss hope for the eagles midway through the season! But i always stuck by them and we in the playoffs baby!

D

Deleted member

Falcons over Cardinals (Shouldn't be here Cardinals)
Eagles over Vikings
Chargers over Colts (Just because everyone I want to lose wins)
Dolphins over Ravens (so the media can make a huge deal of their amazing turnaround)

NFL playoffs: Must be reworked.

OF 'til I OD

More vibes, please.
3DS FC
3797-8618-3772
Switch FC
SW-4939-9118-0296
Falcons over Cardinals (Shouldn't be here Cardinals)
Why should the Cardinals not be in the playoffs? They were far and away the best team in their division, and therefore deserve to be in the postseason. I agree with them not staying in it past the first round, lol, but they're still deserving of that spot.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Mike Shanahan fired? Holy Shnikes. Never thought that would be possible.
Agreed. Sure the team was 8-8 and lost the last game which determined whether they would get in the playoffs or not but he's benn a good coach overall but my opinion doesn't matter.

Also, I <3 the McNabb dance.

Proud_Smash_N00b

Smash Ace
I really think Indy will lose: Chargers have been tearing it up lately (they absolutely destroyed the Buc's defense at Tampa Bay) and are playing better than they have all year. They almost beat Indy at home when they were in the middle of trying to throw their season away and Indy is bound for a loss: they are good, but they catch lucky breaks all the time. Rivers should rip apart their secondary (aren't they still missing Bob Sanders?) and they have had the Colts playoff number for the past few years.

TB's defense sucked in the last 4 games
However, Chargers are 3-1 in the last 4 meetings with the Colts.
The Chargers have 31st rank pass defense.
LT may or may not run over the bad Colts run defense
Colts have a good pass defense

I think it could go either way

btw, today was the Chat with Goodell day. Did any of you guys ask him anything?

McNabb Dance ftw

Proud_Smash_N00b

Smash Ace
Since 2k8 is gonna end what are your favorite 5 moments of 2008 season

5. Madison Hedgecock TD dance lol
4. Cardinals Punt Block for TD against Cowboys in OT.
3. 99 yd TD pass from Frerotte to Berrian
2. Ravens 2 TD runs vs Cowboys
1. Eagles vs. Cowboys Week 17

I wasn't so sure about #5 and 4 but whatever
Happy New Year!!

Peeze

Smash Master
5. Won fantasy football League!!!
4.Vikes sign Jared Allen
3.Berrian 99 yd td pass
2.Giants Upset Patriots
1.Vikes winning first division title since 2000

Does that list seem biased?

Proud_Smash_N00b

Smash Ace
A veteran Jets player, quoted anonymously by Newsday, described Favre as a "distant" teammate who, when at the Jets' practice facility, spent his downtime away from teammates in an office specially designated for him.

"There was a lot of resentment in the room about him. He never socialized with us, never went to dinner with anyone," the player told Newsday.

Later on Thursday, the Newark Star-Ledger quoted an unnamed player as saying "it's the quarterback throwing the ball all over the place. And he didn't suffer any repercussions. He kept doing it. People said [coach] Eric [Mangini] called him out in meetings. I didn't see it. Eric treated him like he was Brett Favre. A lot of guys didn't like it.
I think the whole distant teammate part was sad.
Which is why he shoulda went to the Vikes in the first place
=P

XACE-K

Smash Master
I think the whole distant teammate part was sad.
Which is why he shoulda went to the Vikes in the first place
=P
Whoever that player is, I completely agree with him.

And Favre can go to the Vikes if we keep Chad and he performs as well as he did this year.

XACE-K

Smash Master
I believe that was Thomas Jones.
It wasn't, it's still anonymous.

I'm sad that the Falcons lost. I actually thought they would go to the NFC Championship game for my playoff predictions. And Colts-Chargers looks to be a close game at the end IMO. Since I didn't post it earlier, I'll just post my predictions for tomorrows games.

Ravens over Dolphins
Vikings over agles

D

Deleted member

Best things about NFL season

5. That dude who threw snow at that fan.
4. Orlovsky ran out of the back of the end zone.
3. Detroit being embarrased on Thanksgiving.
2. Broncos epic collapse.
1. Detroit losing to Green Bay to make them 0-16.

The Lions are a bit of a joke among us Detroit natives.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Go Titans! Straight to the super bowl!

I say Chargers win, beat Indy in the first round. Heard it here first.

Man, did I see that coming from a long ways away. San Diego has always played Indy tough. That and San Diego, even though they won 4 games in a row compared to Indy's 9, had the momentum. Indy is a very lucky team. While for the most part I agree you make your own luck, they get so many calls (and because I live in Peyton Manning country, I get to see all of their games). They were 6 plays away from being 5-12. That is not the mark of a great team: living on the skin of your teeth. It was bound to catch up with them.

OF 'til I OD

More vibes, please.
3DS FC
3797-8618-3772
Switch FC
SW-4939-9118-0296
Their division was trash, no team besides them was over .500
sweet avy btw toecutter.
I agree their division was terrible. But, they did indeed win it, and therefore deserve their spot in the playoffs.

Getting a home game against a team with a better record is a different issue, I think. I've heard many gripes over that, and people (nobody noteworthy, just friends, etc.) saying they should go by Record rather than Division.

So, Indy and ATL would have hosted SD and ARZ, rather than the opposite.

Peeze

Smash Master
@TOE: I'm not arguing that they shouldn't have been in the playoffs but you can't say they deserved it over any other team since they played a **** division and barely made it over .500.
But they did surprise me with their performance over the Falcs.

OF 'til I OD

More vibes, please.
3DS FC
3797-8618-3772
Switch FC
SW-4939-9118-0296
you can't say they deserved it over any other team since they played a **** division and barely made it over .500.
Haha. You're right. You'll get no arguments from me. :)

Like seemingly the rest, though, I was surprised (pleasantly) they won. :)

Mike87

Smash Ace
If Ted Ginn hangs onto that ball he's gone for a 50 Yard TD run, once he turns it on, no one can catch him.

*sigh* hell of a year though.

Ed Reed is the best Defensive player in the NFL, no question.

ExCeL 52

Smash Lord
If Ted Ginn hangs onto that ball he's gone for a 50 Yard TD run, once he turns it on, no one can catch him.

*sigh* hell of a year though.

Ed Reed is the best Defensive player in the NFL, no question.
I agree Two Hundred Percent.

Top Bottom