• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2008/09 NFL season/post season

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
OMFGGGGGG!!!
SOO CLOSE
wtf.
Safety to Touch Down for Cardinals to Touch Down for Steelers !!! LOL

Blooqkazoo

Smash Journeyman
Did anyone see that penalty by Harrison? I'd love to congratulate the team but not him.

And I even used to play hockey.

Blooqkazoo

Smash Journeyman
I have no clue what double masking is.
You know, where he kept beating up a guy and pushed him when the other guy tried to run away.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
That was an awesome game. I was routing for the underdogs more, but, i have to give the Steelers props. Still didn't beat last years game though, and in the '09-'10 season, the Giants will take it =P

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
It was a GG. Cardinals were about to make a 3 stock comeback in the last game of the grand finals, but only got them down to last stock high%. S*** was epic. vids will be up later.

M@v

Subarashii!
Most epic game I have EVER seen. GO STEELERS!!! Man, I did not know Harrison could run like that! But really what was wrong with him on that one penalty?

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
He really beat the crap out of him for no reason. He should have gotten removed from the game, or at least from the next drive(s).

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Got the crappiest numbers in "Squares" yesterday.

Spent the whole game cheering for safetys =[. Eventually one happened, but it worked against me anyways so meh.

Great game though.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Lmao I ifndit funny so many NYers were split in this. I know alot of people who went for the Cardinals because theyre the underdogs, but lost mad money. And then, I'm seeing like a million Steeler supporters.

Proud_Smash_N00b

Smash Ace
I lol'd when I heard that Holmes' TD celebration was supposed to be a penalty but the refs didn't see him

Pro Bowl was meh..

now for the long and painful offseason
=[
but free agency in March

D

Deleted member

I hate offseason. I officially lose interest in television with the Pro Bowl and come back one day for the draft and resume television interest with the preseason.

living for football since 1984 (that's right 4 years old)

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
That's right the post season is officially here. The only excitement will be guessing how long Favre will remain retired. I bet he comes back on June 16.

MyCurse4Life

Smash Ace
These would be mine:

New Orleans
Carolina
Green Bay
Buffalo
Kansas City
New York Giants
Indianapolis
Tennessee
Seattle
Tampa Bay
San Diego
Baltimore
New England
Miami
Pittsburgh
Dallas

Proud_Smash_N00b

Smash Ace
If Boldin and Houshmanzadeh go to Philly or Minnesota, that would be awesome

Lions shouldn't get a QB from the draft this year. They should stick with Culpepper and wait for Bradford, Tebow, or McCoy to show up hopefully next year.

I hate it when ppl post in chats with analysts on NFL.com as actual football players. It just sounds like a prank to me.

KING BRISKET

Smash Apprentice
If Boldin and Houshmanzadeh go to Philly or Minnesota, that would be awesome

Lions shouldn't get a QB from the draft this year. They should stick with Culpepper and wait for Bradford, Tebow, or McCoy to show up hopefully next year.

I hate it when ppl post in chats with analysts on NFL.com as actual football players. It just sounds like a prank to me.
I dout they'll both go to Philly, and for Minnesota to get them both they'd probably have to get rid of Berrian to make cap space. Actually, i see one of them goin to Baltimore(their best receiver is Derick Mason and he's ancient) if they have the $$$.

Depending on how Matthew Stafford does in the combine, the Lions may select him. Also, the Lions have a ****load of cash to throw around so they might be able to acquire Boldin(he and CJ would be unstoppable)

As far as that lost comment u made.....TOO TRUE:rotfl:

D

Deleted member

Lions = playoffs

That's right I said it! The Curse of Bobby Lane is set to end in '09

Proud_Smash_N00b

Smash Ace
I dout they'll both go to Philly, and for Minnesota to get them both they'd probably have to get rid of Berrian to make cap space. Actually, i see one of them goin to Baltimore(their best receiver is Derick Mason and he's ancient) if they have the $$$.

Depending on how Matthew Stafford does in the combine, the Lions may select him. Also, the Lions have a ****load of cash to throw around so they might be able to acquire Boldin(he and CJ would be unstoppable)

As far as that lost comment u made.....TOO TRUE:rotfl:
at least one of them or Harrison would be nice for Philly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHL0U4uHuu0
Terry Tate=the next Ray Lewis?

Proud_Smash_N00b

Smash Ace
Dawkins and McNabb better stay in Philly
Philly better get Houshmanzadeh, Harrison, or Boldin
Birk better stay with the Vikes
Saturday better not leave the Colts
Ray Lewis better not leave the Ravens
Lorenzo Neal better not leave the Ravens

and that is all I really look forward to in Free Agency, which begins in less than 30 hours

EDIT: I got so pissed when ESPN said that Dawkins signed with the Broncos while NFL.com said that he has only met them so far. I don't trust ESPN.. lol

KING BRISKET

Smash Apprentice
EDIT: I got so pissed when ESPN said that Dawkins signed with the Broncos while NFL.com said that he has only met them so far. I don't trust ESPN.. lol
Neither does Terrell Owens, or i guess he just doesn't trust Ed Werder.

Looks like the Colts kept their O-Line intact

The Falcons need to release KB and Chauncey Davis, re-sign Michael Boley, and i would say they should try to acquire Sean Jones, but it looks like they're gonna use their 1st round pick on a safety

Top Bottom