• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2007 MLG Smash Series: MELEE-FC Diamond: Pools and CANDY in first post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

D. Disciple

Smash Master
friendlies are one and done, if you call next and someone is like "nah nah its a set", dont take that poontang and tell them next means next....... biatch

unplug their controllers.

these posts were literally right next to eachother 4 minutes apart. lets step it up.
g-reg, laying down the law on this one you guys.

illboyzeus

Smash Ace
I think people should get like two to three matches in friendlies, it'd be really annoying having to move every three minutes looking for someone to play.

D. Disciple

Smash Master
It wouldn't be possible Zeus with the number of people coming in, then people using the other tvs for actual tournaments. I'd be surprise if there is a tv open for friendlies most of the time.

Sliq

Smash Master
Movers have come for the rest of my roommate's stuff.
He told them to take the chair that I own but he wants.
I planted a fake chair that is mostly broken and the ruse was successful.
He will not get my chair!
What a froe. You should tell me who your roommate was so I can push him down a large flight of stairs.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Most TVs generally have their own little system going on shortly after people start playing. Most of the time it is two out of three (and if it is, respect that but no more), sometimes it is singles (this is normally the case in team play).

While I wouldn't necessarily advise unplugging their controller and sitting down, if someone won't get up just say "look, you know how friendlies work. Don't make me be the guy that goes and bothers someone on the staff / g-reg so they have to come and yell at you."

pockyD

Smash Legend
actually in my experience, teams turns into sets more often than 1v1 because it 's just such a pain for more people to switch in and out -_-

Overswarm

is laughing at you
OK, so now some ppl are saying 2/3 others saying just 1. What tends to happen more?
Like I said, depends on the TV. There aren't really set "rules" other than it never really goes over 2/3, and MM generally take priority.

Afro_Ninja

Smash Apprentice
It wouldn't be possible Zeus with the number of people coming in, then people using the other tvs for actual tournaments. I'd be surprise if there is a tv open for friendlies most of the time.
It's been my experience that you usually can get a few matches in. There's always going to be a chunk of people wrapped up in tourney matches, and when it gets down to the top placements a lot of people opt to go watch them. Plus, people like pc-chris and isai will probably have their own mini-crowds, so that takes up some people too

g-regulate

Smash Hero
just be like "dude, i had next, wtf about 'next' do you not understand?".

to not be a dik, dont call next when its like, within 15 seconds of the end of the match. (last stocks, high %). its probably better etiquette to watch the end, and then be like "yea let me get the next one", so then at least they know that they get kicked off if they lose, and will play serious.

kiwiii

Smash Lord
okay so this is really freaking random
but
is there anyone from the EC who's attending fc who would like to go to oc3 but the plane tickets are so ridiculously high at this point that they're not worth bothering for anymore?

cause you can get a way to oc3 then back to pennsylvania for $240 round trip

please take my spot
i dont wanna go anymore lawl
i'd be going to cali with chu, cactuar, and m2k. so yea. PM me if you're interested at all.

-_________-

vZakat

Half Genie
"look, you know how friendlies work. Don't make me be the guy that goes and bothers someone on the staff / g-reg so they have to come and yell at you."
I'm so going to get g-reg or gimpyfish if someone won't leave a tv. Unless it's g-reg and/or gimpy, then I don't know what I'll do.

Zjiin

Smash Master
but
is there anyone from the EC who's attending fc who would like to go to oc3 but the plane tickets are so ridiculously high at this point that they're not worth bothering for anymore?

please take my spot
i'd be going to cali with chu, cactuar, and m2k. so yea. PM me if you're interested at all.

-_________-

might wanna post this in the OC3 thread as well.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
I'm so going to get g-reg or gimpyfish if someone won't leave a tv. Unless it's g-reg and/or gimpy, then I don't know what I'll do.
Just bring a plasic lightsaber, and say, "Okay, g-reg/gimpy. It's time we settle this like men." Then strike until they leave.

Or you could just, you know, get a staff member.

Or any number of more-entertaining options.

Anyways, on a slightly unrelated note, is anyone bringing their copies of Pokemon Diamond/Pearl so I can beat them unmercifully with my team of unstoppable Pokes? Gotta win at something in this place...

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Just bring a plasic lightsaber, and say, "Okay, g-reg/gimpy. It's time we settle this like men." Then strike until they leave.
Heh, interesting idea. It could be like when Windu tries to arrest the Chancellor in the third one. Bet it would work out the same way too. I heard Gimpy actually can shoot lightning out of his hands.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Heh, interesting idea. It could be like when Windu tries to arrest the Chancellor in the third one. Bet it would work out the same way too. I heard Gimpy actually can shoot lightning out of his hands.
...Freaking awesome...

Alright, J-Pizzle, we'll have to set up like a Poke-fan corner or something so we can find others with their DSes...

Anyways, can't wait... Just cleared everything, and I've got a ride settled... This will be so great...

Sliq

Smash Master
G-Reg! I challenge you to a signed dollar MM.

I picked G-Reg first because, I mean, he's ****ing G-Reg.

Smash Ace
well for pokemon lol. Im wifi the pokemon can become lvl 100. So i can train a pokemon to lvl 25 and use wifi to auto level it to level 100

ChuDat

Smash Master
but

please take my spot

-_________-
CHILLINDUDE829 !!! FUKING JUMP ON DAT **** MAN !

The ticket u bought could be non refundable, and non transferable though. Better make sure with cactuar, and contact the airline to make sure.

www.skybus.com

BeArR

Smash Journeyman
I need a crew T_T I wont be online later so if you are interested in letting me play for you, call me at 832 768 6776, ask for bear

KishSquared

Smash Master
Teammate Update!!

The following people have teammates listed, but their partners have not confirmed that they are teaming with them:

EarthSwordsman_009
Dope
Alexei
JAKETHIRTEEN
BeArR
Ike88
Matthew

Please have your teammates PM me that they are, indeed, teaming with you!!

The following people's teammates are either not coming or have someone else listed for their teammate:

JesusFreak
JonS
FaceLoran

Please let me know if you've found a new teammate!

araknophobik

Smash Master
in mineapolis right now waiting on my flight to MDW

**** the midewest...people really do talk like the mom from bobby's world "cha know" haha

any smashers in chicago down to smash prior to fc? hit me up I arrived 2 days early to explore.

yo hugs and alex told me about "the greatest pizza in chicago? care to tell me what it is anyone??

KishSquared

Smash Master
Arak, I'm sure they were referring to Giordano's. But there's better deep dish pizza in South Bend :)

Maybe you told Prime already, but how are you getting from Chicago to South Bend?

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
I want to play wow so I don't fall behind in DKP so I can get my tier 5 shoulders :(
melee is a stupid game
-50 DKP, I just uninstalled WoW from my comp the other day too so no chance of you getting it from here <.<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom