• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2007 MLG Smash Series: MELEE-FC Diamond: Pools and CANDY in first post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

araknophobik

Smash Master
hahahah@jon

just so this post isn't spam
im starting the name tags tonight!
if you failed to register by this point and somehow manage to get a pass before fc.. you may or may not get a name tag. just wanted to put it out there !
i hope im getting a nametag
i was waitlisted but the kishes told me i got a ticket ^_^

and finally i get to do this:
281-Pichu

Overswarm

is laughing at you
ewww dont capitolize the f in my name ugh

give me an upper to top tier to play against mate
You capitolized the f in your sig

again

As for the Monster kid...... I know most of the people that would want them would be bringing them, and if the Kishes have a concession stand it is more than likely that they will sell things of that nature.

Also, if you are good, your best bet is to MM your Monster. $1 if you win, Monster for them if they lose. Greed will prevail!

kirkq

Smash Ace
im taking money matches against people i dont expect to beat me lol

currently i just have matches with people from gamefaqs

ill do $1-$5 depending on my opinion of my chances of beating you etc.

forward

Smash Champion
I would like to let you all know that I resign as captain of the WC team, and will put forth the power of AZ into the South region.

Let's do this

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I doubt it will fill up in one weekend, we're talking lazy Smashers here.
I just thought I'd bring this particular post from this thread back so we can all laugh at KishPrime.

Also, Forward, didn't the Kishes already decide that AZ was WC? I don't think you can just switch sides because you think South will win >_>

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Yes, after I posted I found that out for myself. That's why I edited the post.

But at least it was my idea to point that out!

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
Didn't one of you Kishes say that you can come in and watch all you want as long as you don't get meals or housing there? Just clarifying what you mean by, "Don't show up at the door"
Yes, this is true. But no playing/eating/staying the night.

KishPrime

BRoomer
Forward already lobbied for AZ to be West Coast, and we decided on the basis of the relationships between AZ and California to grant his request.

The decisions on the regions have already been made. Thanks for asking.

forward

Smash Champion
lol kish don't be stupid, it's not hard to put AZ on the south, so don't act like it is. unless i missed the part where you have to dig through tons of files and go through lots of paper with super high up officials who are so busy that they wouldn't get to hear the request for another 2 months to get the "ok" on a change, there's no reason to not let us do this

KishPrime

BRoomer
Never said it was hard, just said that wasn't the way it's going to work. We've split it up so that we have the teams we have, and that's basically the way it's going to be.

From the beginning of this process, you've gone from complaining about the lack of relationship between the regions, to the lack of competition, and now you just have decided to arbitrarily combine your team with someone else. Sorry, we listened to your input and made our decisions, and that's the way it is (giving you what you originally wanted I might add). Changing it now would screw up the West Coast team.

Man up or give your captainship to someone else. No need for further discussion.

forward

Smash Champion
Man up? Yo, wtf do you think I'm doing? **** isn't going the way I like it so I'm doing what I can to change it. I'm not about to just roll over and let you single handedly decide the way REGIONAL crews should be run, especially not when your reason is "We've split it up so that we have the teams we have, and that's basically the way it's going to be." SO WHAT!?

You should not single handedly decide the way regional crews should be run, what makes you so special that you should have this power? You sit somewhere in the Midwest and read smash boards, this is your experience with the community and country. But do you REALLY know what's going on in every region?

If anything it should be a group effort to make the crew battles the best event as possible. Why not get input from the remaining regions and captains and see how they feel about AZ playing for the south again? If the majority of people agree with you, I will let it go and accept playing for the WC. If the other regions don't mind that AZ plays for the South, and perhaps even see it as a better idea, would you let AZ play for the South?

KishSquared

Smash Master
Forward, it'd be super cool if you asked us for permission to change the rules that we set for our event. You can't say "I'm going to change the rules", then get upset at us and insult us when we say "No, you can't".

If you want us to change something, just ask. But you have to respect our decision, whether we decide to go with what you want or not. We have the right to set the rules at our tournament. You have the right to not attend if you don't like the rules.

forward

Smash Champion
Ok, I understand what it is like to run a tournament, you want to know everything that is going, fair enough.

So if I just asked, would you please allow Arizona to play for the South? Would you let us?

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Forward should probably be on whichever region helps make the battles more even. With Florida bringing 17 players, and another 10 players coming from texas, 4 from missisippi, and another 7 from alabama (are they south?), I think the south team will be okay. Meanwhile west coast has...2 from cali? 5 from washington, and 3 from alaska (are they west)? Maybe I'm misssing something but I think the west needs help.

DJ Combo

Smash Lord
Im not speaking for WC or even WA, but we are gonna have 10 people so technically we dont *need* help, wed just get dominated(I assume, maybe not.)

But Arizona would technically be South wouldn't it? So if they want to go back South I don't see the problem other than WC is left without a captain and loses some good players... which we wouldnt have had in the first place? I don't know, basically saying it doesn't make too much a difference for whos gonna win either way xD.

Edit: At least I was under the impression East was gonna win. >.>

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Man up? Yo, wtf do you think I'm doing? **** isn't going the way I like it so I'm doing what I can to change it. I'm not about to just roll over and let you single handedly decide the way REGIONAL crews should be run, especially not when your reason is "We've split it up so that we have the teams we have, and that's basically the way it's going to be." SO WHAT!?

You should not single handedly decide the way regional crews should be run, what makes you so special that you should have this power? You sit somewhere in the Midwest and read smash boards, this is your experience with the community and country. But do you REALLY know what's going on in every region?

If anything it should be a group effort to make the crew battles the best event as possible. Why not get input from the remaining regions and captains and see how they feel about AZ playing for the south again? If the majority of people agree with you, I will let it go and accept playing for the WC. If the other regions don't mind that AZ plays for the South, and perhaps even see it as a better idea, would you let AZ play for the South?
Your original argument was to have AZ as part of the west coast due to better ties with them and to make the setup more fair.

Now you want to change to the south coast, and I am strongly believing that you are just kind of team hopping to be on the winning team >_>

What happened to make you change your mind about where you wanted to have your state be? Does all of AZ agree?

KishPrime

BRoomer
My point is simply that you can't run an event by changing your mind constantly, and publicly demanding that we follow your stipulations is not leadership, it's just whining. You and DoH contacted me in private to ask about your idea, and I said that we would probably not go that direction, so you make a public display of it to put pressure on us. That's the quickest way to lose respect with me.

I claim responsibility for the mistake that I made last year of letting Chu play for the South team. I was under way too much stress with Squared gone for most of the event, and it never would've happened if I was sane. It served no good purpose whatsoever, and I will not make that mistake again.

And no offense, but it is our event and our decision. We did, in fact, listen to advice from you which we incorporated into our decision making process, so we did involve you, but you don't have the final say. We can't please everyone, so we just have to make our decisions based on the info we have and live with them.

Now, to explain a little of our reasoning...
We aren't in the habit of moving people around just to make things more balanced, as that's not the point of the Regional Crew Battle. If you want to put together people from the South and the West on one team, then do so and challenge the EC team to a separate money match, but we have always tried to field four separate teams and will continue to do so. Those four teams will simply field the best 10 players that they can, and the results will be what they are.

The main problem I still have with moving Arizona is that the West Coast (including WA/CA) were planning on fielding a team, and without Arizona they might not even have enough anymore. We're not going to shut down a team because two people want to jump ship at the last minute, especially when on your suggestions we were able to form a West Coast team this year with AZ on it.

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
I claim responsibility for the mistake that I made last year of letting Chu play for the South team. I was under way too much stress with Squared gone for most of the event, and it never would've happened if I was sane. It served no good purpose whatsoever, and I will not make that mistake again.

-------------------------

Now, to explain a little of our reasoning...
We aren't in the habit of moving people around just to make things more balanced, as that's not the point of the Regional Crew Battle. If you want to put together people from the South and the West on one team, then do so and challenge the EC team to a separate money match, but we have always tried to field four separate teams and will continue to do so. Those four teams will simply field the best 10 players that they can, and the results will be what they are.

The main problem I still have with moving Arizona is that the West Coast (including WA/CA) were planning on fielding a team, and without Arizona they might not even have enough anymore. We're not going to shut down a team because two people want to jump ship at the last minute, especially when on your suggestions we were able to form a West Coast team this year with AZ on it.
Wouldnt that logic suggest that putting AZ on the west coast in the first place would have been the mistake, and putting it back in the south rectify the problem? And also with your logic wouldnt it not matter if the west coast had a weaker team, because it would be the regional problem and not yours? And also, I find it weird that you use only the precedent already set in place, which was considered to be broken in the first place. You're not gonna tell me that Florida was originally south and for that matter that some of the states were placed into questionable regions.

either way, Forward has south spirit now that he's in the sunshine state =)

KishSquared

Smash Master
Forward, you have every right to not participate for the WC. We aren't making you do anything. But you can't just join another team because you want to.

I think we'd be up for talking about a reasonable solution, but saying your team isn't working so you're making the decision to move your own state to the south only helps yourself. It doesn't help the WC, and it shows a lack of respect for the rules that we've made.

If we do anything, it will be for what's in the best interest for all regions, not just you. If you don't like what we decide, you have no obligation to participate, though we'd obviously like you to do so.

soap

Smash Hero
i thought regionals were for people who play with each other at their regional events, does AZ play with florida or georgia kids all the time? all the tourney vids i see are taj and forward playing cali kids.

this is like the civil war.

on a side note, is there any interest in water baloon fights, we could do regional water balloon fights too, but then im not sure who forward would play for

_milktea

Smash Lord
Only if the balloons pop!

Today I was at a water balloon fight and whipped out at a friend like 5x and it just didn't pop, ouch lolol?

PS- Kishes rule.

Edit: Anyone wanna like...quarter MM me, Peach vs Foxes? Quarter because I am poor >_>.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
can somebody check and see how many players west coast has going w/o arizona?

it'd be pretty gay to not even have anyone to chose from at all and basically be stuck with 10 players

i will say this though

with arizona on south they'd be a formidable crew, but nobody is going to come close to east coast at fc.

If arizona was on the west coast crew it'd be much closer between the west coast and south and thered actually be maybe a good competitive crew battle at some point in the tourney.

all i'm saying is basically this, east coast is gonna **** eveyrone, if arizona is on west coast that evens out every other crew battle and will make the battle for 2nd much more interesting, which i think is desirable, we dont want 2 crews ****** everyone then east ****** south for the finals, it wont look good, it wont be as fun

forward, get AZ back on west coast so we can have some fun intense competitive crews, south plus AZ wont beat EC, sorry, you know its true, so deal with it lol come on now

Drephen

Smash Master
instead of complaining about your personal region sucking, why have your players step it up between now and FC? Looking at the registration list every region has a chance at winning.

I want no region johns, play for your region, do your best. If you lose you lose, stop *****ing about "we dont have good players in my region, lets have ken, chu, m2k, and rob$ on our team! we can win that way!"

step it up, no ****ing johns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom