• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2007 MLG Smash Series: MELEE-FC Diamond: Pools and CANDY in first post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cort

Apple Head
The not even close part sounds about right.

Why am I the only ECer trash talking for our region? Where the **** is everyone.

edit// Nevermind, EC doesn't even need to trash talk. It's so painfully obvious we're going to destroy.

Eggz on Silent Wolf's account

instead of complaining about your personal region sucking, why have your players step it up between now and FC? Looking at the registration list every region has a chance at winning.

I want no region johns, play for your region, do your best. If you lose you lose, stop *****ing about "we dont have good players in my region, lets have ken, chu, m2k, and rob$ on our team! we can win that way!"

step it up, no ****ing johns
Eggz on Silent Wolf's account:

West Coasts problem isn't the lack of skill in its players attending. It's the lack of players attending. Without Arizona, we MIGHT have a 10 person crew, and no choices between those 10 players. Only 7 big names are registered for FC for the west coast.

West Coast players:

Ka Master
Silent Wolf
DJ Combo
Eggz
Gimpyfish
Lunaris
Isai

This is the west coast folk attending.

WA plus Alaska and California... Sooo AZ would really help/make the crew, AKA make us not the worst crew in the history of regional crews.

Only if the balloons pop!

Today I was at a water balloon fight and whipped out at a friend like 5x and it just didn't pop, ouch lolol?

PS- Kishes rule.

Edit: Anyone wanna like...quarter MM me, Peach vs Foxes? Quarter because I am poor >_>.
Still Eggz on Silent Wolf's account:

I accept. Make it 2 quarters though. >=[

_milktea

Smash Lord
*Writes down on list.*

Do I have any with Gimpyfish? I don't remember... I have some with WoZ..

Dang you Eggs, you ruined my pretty list, I thought you were Silent Wolf LOL.

Still Eggz

*Writes down on list.*

Do I have any with Gimpyfish? I don't remember... I have some with WoZ..

Dang you Eggs, you ruined my pretty list, I thought you were Silent Wolf LOL.
Mindgraine success. I tried emphasizing the crap out of it being me haha. I fail i guess =[

Gimpy says: yeah we have a money match for 2 dimes and a nickel

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Oh, ok. Thanks FluxWolf.

I'm, I think I'll come meet everyone then. It's been awhile since I've seen a couple of people.

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I don't understand why WC isn't coming in full force.*

ISAI IS COMING. Is that not reason enough?!

*I actually fully understand; OC3 is happening shortly after, it is a great travel distance, and only a few have any chance of placing in the money.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
The not even close part sounds about right.

Why am I the only ECer trash talking for our region? Where the **** is everyone.

edit// Nevermind, EC doesn't even need to trash talk. It's so painfully obvious we're going to destroy.
i just feel bad talking trash when our region wins every national tournament and every big crew battle that they ever participate in.

lmao@the smash monopoly known as the EC

Overswarm

is laughing at you
i'm still not following this logic when AZ moved FROM south team in the first place.
Because the Kishes aren't awful dictators that say "THIS IS HOW IT IS AND IT IS PERFECT".

Forward said that he wanted to be West Coast and gave a variety of reasons, and Arizona (from what we saw) agreed. Seeing as how the West Coast had a total of ONE person come to the last event and AZ has strong ties to the west coast, it seems to be in favor of both the players AND the viewers for AZ to be connected to WC.

Forward asked about it very early on, stuck to his guns, gave a variety of reasons, and since there was no bloody opposition and it actually made sense (though AZ sticking to south also made sense), the Kishes said "let it be so".

The problem isn't that the Kishes listened; they do it all the time and their tournaments have been getting progressively better (I bet you that any problems that anyone had at FC:6 will be negated this year). The problem is that Forward suddenly changed his mind for reasons unknown (more than likely deciding "oops, south actually has a good crew and I want to be on it"), asked the Kishes in private, Kishes said no because it is way too late in the game to screw over a coast's reigonal teams in that way (as well as just changing the rules in general, that's just bad form), then Forward made a public post about it. This did not help his case.

So that is the timeline to here >_>

In short, a no johns is in order, and Drephen supplied it already.

forward

Smash Champion
instead of complaining about your personal region sucking, why have your players step it up between now and FC? Looking at the registration list every region has a chance at winning.

I want no region johns, play for your region, do your best. If you lose you lose, stop *****ing about "we dont have good players in my region, lets have ken, chu, m2k, and rob$ on our team! we can win that way!"

step it up, no ****ing johns
Because saying "step it up" isn't how teams get better. If the solution was as simple as that, I doubt we'd be seeing EC victories one after the other. Obviously, stepping it up has not been proved as an effective means to over coming another team. I think it's about time for change.

forward

Smash Champion
**** Overswarm you wanna put me in your signature like that to twist my words around?

You should think things through a little better. When I said that I was referring to why a south team shouldn't exist, not why AZ shouldn't be apart of it.

Do you want me to say that I'm wrong now? OK fine, I was wrong. I think South might be good this year......... at least, better than the WC team.

Ya, I wanna win. Is that a problem?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Only if the balloons pop!

Today I was at a water balloon fight and whipped out at a friend like 5x and it just didn't pop, ouch lolol?

PS- Kishes rule.

Edit: Anyone wanna like...quarter MM me, Peach vs Foxes? Quarter because I am poor >_>.
I will take that offer >_>. As many quarters as you want ^_^.

araknophobik

Smash Master
Eggz on Silent Wolf's account:

West Coasts problem isn't the lack of skill in its players attending. It's the lack of players attending. Without Arizona, we MIGHT have a 10 person crew, and no choices between those 10 players. Only 7 big names are registered for FC for the west coast.

West Coast players:

Ka Master
Silent Wolf
DJ Combo
Eggz
Gimpyfish
Lunaris
Isai

This is the west coast folk attending.

WA plus Alaska and California... Sooo AZ would really help/make the crew, AKA make us not the worst crew in the history of regional crews.
i might not be that great but i'd like if you mentioned me coming from the WC
that i know of, im the only person attending from socal
and im not taking a 6hr fleight just to be *****
so um see everybody in pools ^_^

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
Kishes said no because it is way too late in the game to screw over a coast's reigonal teams in that way (as well as just changing the rules in general, that's just bad form)
Thanks for the support.

Guys, that's basically it. I don't care to screw over the WC team, which is what we'd basically be doing. Everything I'm seeing from Washington is that they are excited about participating, and that excitement was only enhanced with Forward on the team.

Actions mean things, and when you lobby to change crews, and you do, then it affects other people too, not just yourself. When we make our decision, it will be on the basis of what's already been decided and whether or not it is in the best interests of everyone, as we always try to do with every decision we make. You don't have to deal with how it affects other people, but we do.

Please go to Forward's thread if you wish to continue this discussion, as it looks like an excellent thread in the making.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I put that in my sig not about the current argument, but hte level of skill in the south team. I think the south team will have a very strong showing this year (with or or without AZ), and those kind of statements are just too good to be non-sigged XD

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Ok, so, I have classes on the 12th and 13th, is it possible to only go on the 14th? Or will doors be closed or something? (yes, this sounds stupid :( but my summer camp is gay)

Drephen

Smash Master
its the only chance youd have to actually win

edit: and u were at chus for a while...
actually i'm dating chu's girlfriend(i practically live with her lol) right now and in the process of getting my zip code changed to be in west coast while still living in ohio

does that mean i can be a part of west coast team?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom