• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2007 MLG Smash Series: MELEE-FC Diamond: Pools and CANDY in first post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackPanther

Smash Ace
So uhm like can someone help me find a way to South Bend? The way I wanted to go(fly there) I realized was too expensive. So now I'm trying to find another means and I'm totally new at this kind of stuff so if someone could help me I would really appreciate it. And no I already tried gettin a ride but there's like only one possible person that could take me and that's still a low possibility if his friend can go so I gotta have a plan B.

kiwiii

Smash Lord
sheik blows

oh
and yea
name tags should be pretty noiceee =)
not sure when i'm gonna get started on them >_> should be pretty soon

TTemp

Smash Journeyman
Hey, TTemp and Mcglitch are leaving Findlay Ohio at like 7am, which will put us at FC at 10:01 according to Mapquest, but with my driving gives us like 20 extra mins., so if anyone needs a ride, just give me a name and location and I'll let you know if I can work it in. And now need to worry about gas money, my Civic will probably only need 1 tank for the whole trip.

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
I wonder if COK is gonna give a passport john and not come- oh wait they're in their own country, so they don't have any johns, crap.

Also, we're gonna win crews. For sure. 1st on regular crew.

EDIT: On the roster page, Vwins and humBam do not have any crews assigned to them. Does it matter? Because me and pkm are crewing with them, and we were wondering if that info was important prior to FC. k thx

forkgirl

Smash Lord
blackpanther- I think there are shuttles that can take you from Midway airport to southbend airport check online for the schedules though, because they have set times.

Also, Smiles and I might team...so if we're late or anything, just put us together

Linguini

Smash Master
Is MLG going to provide VOD as they promised at the beginning of the season? Because they kind of lied about the live part and then at pound 2 failed, even to record the matches like they did in MLG Long island. I doubt Bach is coming to this and really hope that a large portion of videos are recorded like last year.
BTW, when will the updated roster put up?

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
1) MLG never to my knowledge claimed to be doing "live" streams for Smash. Ever. It was an incorrect statement Plank made in the Pound 2 thread.

2) MLG may provide DVD players to record matches. We had them in Farmingdale, didn't have them at Pound 2, so we shall see. Any and all are welcome to record matches (unless the Kishes say otherwise).

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Ok, so can a Kish pick me up a day before FC? I may take a plane, possibility of driving up there....

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
1) MLG never to my knowledge claimed to be doing "live" streams for Smash. Ever. It was an incorrect statement Plank made in the Pound 2 thread.

2) MLG may provide DVD players to record matches. We had them in Farmingdale, didn't have them at Pound 2, so we shall see. Any and all are welcome to record matches (unless the Kishes say otherwise).
actually i was told they would be when the idea was first pitched to me for the mlg grassroots.

its not a big deal, though. I corrected it later when i found out otherwise

BOLT08

Smash Lord
Umm kishes i sent u my hotel information / flight information and ive yet to get a confirmation message back from either. I'm just trying to make sure you both got it so i don't get stuck at the airport. Message me whether or not there are any problems, thanks!

mastr0fmyd0main3

Smash Journeyman
So I've been starting to prepare some of the pre-event coverage for MLG.
Something I found interesting (according to the roster on meleefc.com)
Only 13 Smashers from Indiana. Meaning over 80% of the players will be traveling from out of state.
Ohio is rockin with 39 Smashers.
Florida is rockin with 17.
Illinios is third with 16.
There are at least 10 from MN i'd say.

Capps Indigo

Smash Journeyman
hey all, finally confirmed, registered, and going for sure. ^_^

ill have a cube setup, 64 setup, my camera, japanese ps2 w/ guilty gear accent core, guilty gear slash, and melty blood.

KishSquared

Smash Master
It's Official - 256 Entrants!!

Wow, I cannot believe that we're to this point, but we will have 256 people at FC Diamond.

I just got done PM'ing everyone on the Waiting List as to whether they got a ticket or not. I must say that it was CRUDDY telling people that we didn't have room for them. If you didn't make it in, I truly apologize that we don't have room, and hopefully we run another one of these next year.

For those that got a ticket, we're excited that you're coming, and we look forward to seeing you in two weeks!

EDIT: And with that, we are not giving away ANY more tickets. Please don't PM me asking for any!! :D

KishSquared

Smash Master
Ok, so can a Kish pick me up a day before FC? I may take a plane, possibility of driving up there....
Are you flying into South Bend? If so, that's fine. Give us details!

Umm kishes i sent u my hotel information / flight information and ive yet to get a confirmation message back from either. I'm just trying to make sure you both got it so i don't get stuck at the airport. Message me whether or not there are any problems, thanks!
Sorry man, I got it! I've been busy with the waiting list and kept passing over it :(

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
So can anyone tell me how much it will cost to shuttle in to wherever I need to go from Midway so that one of the kishes can pick me up?

DJ Combo

Smash Lord
Train: 48 Lakeshore Limited
Departure: Chicago (Union Station), Illinois
Wednesday July 11, 2007 10:00PM
Arrival: South Bend, Indiana
Thursday July 12, 2007 12:30AM

Train: 49 Lakeshore Limited
Departure: South Bend, Indiana
Sunday July 15, 2007 8:49AM
Arrival: Chicago (Union Station), Illinois
Sunday July 15, 2007 9:45AM

This is Silent Wolf, Eggz, and my train schedule.

We hope we can get housing somewhere on the 11th, but if not, we will just stay in a Motel.

Should I PM any other info like Cell Phone # to help keep contact?

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Are you flying into South Bend? If so, that's fine. Give us details!

Sorry man, I got it! I've been busy with the waiting list and kept passing over it :(
Yes, I'm going to be in South Bend. I'll send you a PM with lots of info on what time/when/whtaever I'm getting there.

pockyD

Smash Legend
i think tournament directors should be able to force someone to take a shower -_-

deodorant rule in general is just a failure; the mix of 200 different types of deodorant (while better than BO) isn't great-smelling either

since there are showers on-site they should just compel people to shower

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
If you still want a ticket, only thing to do is wait for someone to cancel and beg. If someone actually tries to sell a ticket for over face value, they'll be banned from any event we have a part in, though I doubt it'll be a problem.

Don't bother showing up at the door, as we'll just overcharge you for housing and you still won't be able to play. Sorry, but that's the way it is at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom