• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2007 MLG Smash Series: MELEE-FC Diamond: Pools and CANDY in first post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quaz

Smash Master
ok so let me get this straight, the passes are booked at 180 right? that means theres 20 left??

and plus... if I have to end up getting a spectator pass to come, does that mean I won't be able to play ANY friendlies whatsoever? how would people even enforce that rule if it were true?

KishSquared

Smash Master
30 more passes will be put up tonight or tomorrow. So watch for them!

I gotcha Isai, I'll change it.

Spectator passes aren't intended for people who wanted to come but missed the cutoff. They're intended for friends and girlfriends and the like who want to eat food and sleep at the church. We'll be running a wristband system, and the easiest way to enforce it is to give full-paying people permission to kick spectators off the TVs, or to at least come report them to us.

It's only fair that the people paying full price should get first-priority for friendlies.

Banned via Administration
hey this is 5150 i will be buying a pass tom. why? cuz of sauce. although he hangs up on me, makes me cry, and ***** me when hes drunk i still love him and will go to the depths of hell (fc) for him.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Couple ways to do it.

1. http://www.overswarm.com/bio.php

go there, look at my picture, match it to my face at FC. Or the Nintendo hat, that should be there too.

2. Listen for someone screaming "GUN PUNCH". That's Sliq, he knows who I am.

3. Ask just about anyone from the Midwest, most of them know who I am by now.

4. Alphazealot should be wandering around, I'll probably be hanging out with him for some of the time.

Better question is how will I find you? -_^
hmm I really doubt I will remember your face at the tourny lol.

How to find me:

1. Email me at Hylian88@gmail.com and I will send pics.

2. Get several people to scream Hylian. Or gamefaqs.

3. Ask anyone you find from texas..they all know me.

4. I will stay up late every night probably so when more people are asleep I will be easier to find.

5. My gamer tag in smash is HYLI.

Yep >_>.

BIG C

Smash Master
heh i still think spectators should be able to play friendlies. I eman from past tournies there are only a select few people who actually bring GFs and/or family with them. That would be ken's family, DaShizWiz's family, and drephen or whoever brought their gf to one of em. with this mass of spectators those passes were definitely necessary. I mean they are paying to stay there and like especially at night when there are many many tvs open.

I also highly doubt that any1 is going to care that someone with a spectator pass is playing friendlies I mean I wouldn't really care but, hey it might just be me.

malva00

Smash Master
So what's going on with that GFAQS vs SWF crew battle?

GFAQS could get a crew together what about SWF? This would be the only crew battle I'd be interested in.

KishSquared

Smash Master
vZakat, just PM me your new teammate.

Big C, just to clarify, the spectator passes are for the people you described. They aren't meant for Smashers. If you want to play, you should be buying a full pass, not a spectator pass. It's only meant to be a pass to eat food and sleep at the church. Watching is free for everyone.

Still, if TVs are free then a spectator is more than welcome to hop on. However, if a spectator is taking up space during a busy time, we can't justify letting them play over someone who paid full price to be there.

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
this coming from the most mediocre player in history. trail is like one of those players that people say is good, and then when you play him, you're like "wtf... no he isnt"

wtf did i just defend cort? that felt weird

yea.... so... back to my question.... who the **** is this noob?

and i guess trail has to beat ur *** in another mm chillin.... fc $20 go big or go fro.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
So what's going on with that GFAQS vs SWF crew battle?

GFAQS could get a crew together what about SWF? This would be the only crew battle I'd be interested in.
Gamefaqs officially challenges Smashboards to a Crew match.

10 players each.

G@BE

Smash Lord
So yea...

If anyone did respond to me asking for a teammate before i did not get it .... cuz there are like 10 pages a day on this thread lol....

So please PM me if anyone needs a teammate i would love one ^-^

Zjiin

Smash Master
So yea...

If anyone did respond to me asking for a teammate before i did not get it .... cuz there are like 10 pages a day on this thread lol....

So please PM me if anyone needs a teammate i would love one ^-^
The "Looking for a teammate for FC" thread has been updated, thanks to Kish. If you are in need of a partner (like i am *cough*) check out your options and start pming people. There's a few choice picks still up for grabs.

Need a Partner!?

BIG C

Smash Master
vZakat, just PM me your new teammate.

Big C, just to clarify, the spectator passes are for the people you described. They aren't meant for Smashers. If you want to play, you should be buying a full pass, not a spectator pass. It's only meant to be a pass to eat food and sleep at the church. Watching is free for everyone.

Still, if TVs are free then a spectator is more than welcome to hop on. However, if a spectator is taking up space during a busy time, we can't justify letting them play over someone who paid full price to be there.
I'm fine with that Jeff you said exactly what I said basically, I could see it being a problem to someone and if it is you should be able to ask them to get off, I understand. I just don't understand why there were so many spectator passes up for grabs when there is rarely many people who do bring family and whatnot with. I was just saying I wouldn't have a problem with spectators playing friendlies I understand why they wouldn't be able to enter the tourny. I just find it kind of weird for someone to stay at the venue for 3 days w/o playing even smasher's girlfriends normally play friendlies at these things. I would imagine they wouldn't wanna spend 3 days soing nothing at all.

DaBearX

Smash Journeyman
isai, can I get a best of 5 mm? 5$? (I need best of 5 so I can at least get 3 matches...) Whatever character you want, but if you go sheik how bout no chainthrow (as I will probably be sheik).

KishSquared

Smash Master
Actually, Big C, we've had the majority of girlfriends come and not play a single match. At least that's been our observation.

Ultimately, we've always given food to everyone who comes, whether they paid entry fees or not. We figured we should charge everyone for the food they eat, hence the spectator tickets.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Actually, Big C, we've had the majority of girlfriends come and not play a single match. At least that's been our observation.

Ultimately, we've always given food to everyone who comes, whether they paid entry fees or not. We figured we should charge everyone for the food they eat, hence the spectator tickets.
I have 2 setups ready right now, and plan on bringing maybe 2 more.

Is there anything else you guys would need? If there is room in the car, I'm bringing muchos water for GUNPUNCH and the tournament organizers, as well as at least one TV for friendlies.

Also, Joshu needs to tell me where to find those giant lollipops.

KishSquared

Smash Master
Just bring as many electrical cables as you can, thanks!

Haha, I think those lollipops were found at a local gas station near the SMYM church.

Zjiin

Smash Master
I'm fine with that Jeff you said exactly what I said basically, I could see it being a problem to someone and if it is you should be able to ask them to get off, I understand. I just don't understand why there were so many spectator passes up for grabs when there is rarely many people who do bring family and whatnot with. I was just saying I wouldn't have a problem with spectators playing friendlies I understand why they wouldn't be able to enter the tourny. I just find it kind of weird for someone to stay at the venue for 3 days w/o playing even smasher's girlfriends normally play friendlies at these things. I would imagine they wouldn't wanna spend 3 days soing nothing at all.
Yeah it would suck to sit there for three days doing nothing, but on the other hand I don't want to be in the awkward position of telling specators to stop hogging a setup and whatnot. Maybe one fo the spectators could bring thier own setup or two and they can be labels "free for all"? I'm in no position to make a call since i don't know the situation nor the power strip arrangements.

mastr0fmyd0main3

Smash Journeyman
So let me get this straight..if we put down "no crew" when we signed up but we're actually going to have a crew and be participating, it doesn't matter? Because like 3 people from the MN crew put down "No crew" but we'll actually be playing...do they need to change that?

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i have like 10 power strips left over from pound 2 that we bought with MLG money and some extension cords i can bring

KishSquared

Smash Master
Correct. Crews will be formed at the venue.

And right, Zjiin, I need to reiterate that the point of those tickets is that we've had people do that. We've had plenty of girlfriends and such come, hang out for three days, eat our food, and stay at the church. This ticket is for them - anyone wanting to play friendlies should purchase a full pass.

EDIT: Thanks Plairnkk!

Black Hayate

Smash Lord
kish, can you change my teammate to chexr, and change chexr's teammate to me?

melty blood anyone?

kdj you need to come so we can play melty blood @_@

btw does anyone have a copy of melty blood AC?

kirbstir

Smash Lord
I'd be up for some Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo, and some Capcom vs SNK 2

Someone should also setup an NES Win Lose or Draw tourney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom