• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2007 MLG Smash Series: MELEE-FC Diamond: Pools and CANDY in first post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KishSquared

Smash Master
This is a Ship event. Of course Mute will be on in Teams.

If it wasn't, would it really be FC?

Also, PokeFloats is being considered for random.

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
depends on what stuff stays

are we still able to call shenanigans?

is there still gonna be a mass of people at Joshu's after the tournies are over?

there are many factors that are invovled to what is called FC

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
This is a Ship event. Of course Mute will be on in Teams.

If it wasn't, would it really be FC?

Also, PokeFloats is being considered for random.
its not like it'd make an impact anyway, we already have to play pokefloats once a set vs everyone from the mw anyway.

and any other area would just quit out of it when it randoms

so who cares :p

Overswarm

is laughing at you
heh plank u r wrong about every1 in the MW. I will never ever counter to poke float ever it is the gayest stage ever period and i blow nuts at it.
Is it bad that I consider pokefloats to be a "normal" stage?

phish-it

Smash Champion
This will be huge. What kind of events are expected to be held during these 3 whole days other than the usual teams and singles?

MyNiggaNameDante

Smash Journeyman
@kishsquared
I think you should take a vote before doing something crazy and reckless like throwing pokefloats on random :confused: let alone on the un banned list

and mute city for teams:psycho: , cmon now

BIG C

Smash Master
floats is definitely not banned sir. just so you know. also i dont think it should be on random but, i've never seen a very convincing argument that it is not neutral other than for ICs.

MyNiggaNameDante

Smash Journeyman
No disrespect to the kishes, i know you guys like these stages alot and everything
i dont mean to be blunt when i say this but If people come from around the states, its not fair to make them play by only your rules,

You guys have a unique style and stage list but alot of these other regions dont conform and it would definently skew the results and the interest by putting these stages on random. These stages heavily favor certain characters and certain individuals who have alot more experience on these stages in particular.

The stage is made of pokemon cmon now

Watty

Smash Lord
lets compromise people mute teams is ok but for the love of god no floats on random thats ridiculous! i want an argument for why it should be on random. a GOOD one like wiht character matchups and such facts.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
"The Kishes" don't like Floats. Only one of them does.
And he was kidding! What he meant to say was that Floats would be the only random stage.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
No disrespect to the kishes, i know you guys like these stages alot and everything
i dont mean to be blunt when i say this but If people come from around the states, its not fair to make them play by only your rules,

You guys have a unique style and stage list but alot of these other regions dont conform and it would definently skew the results and the interest by putting these stages on random. These stages heavily favor certain characters and certain individuals who have alot more experience on these stages in particular.

The stage is made of pokemon cmon now

Two things about this made it funny.

1. Souroush didn't catch that it was sarcasm.

2. Thinking about Souroush saying this aloud makes me laugh. It just doesn't fit his voice.

Watty

Smash Lord
i agree with u undefined but if i have to choose between teams and singles i would rather have floats off singles

KishSquared

Smash Master
Haha, I love stage debates. So awesome. People take it way too seriously. Whatever happened to "if you don't like the stages, you don't have to come?"

Dante, are you even coming to FC? But yeah, you missed the sarcasm. Floats won't be on random.

Mute, meh. It rarely lags, and if it affects the match you can restart on a different level. That's my vote, we'll see what everyone else says.

We don't need a debate. We know what you all think. 20% say take it off, 10% say leave it on, and 70% doesn't care. So meh.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Haha, I love stage debates. So awesome. People take it way too seriously. Whatever happened to "if you don't like the stages, you don't have to come?"

Dante, are you even coming to FC? But yeah, you missed the sarcasm. Floats won't be on random.

Mute, meh. It rarely lags, and if it affects the match you can restart on a different level. That's my vote, we'll see what everyone else says.

We don't need a debate. We know what you all think. 20% say take it off, 10% say leave it on, and 70% doesn't care. So meh.
The whole "don't come" thing doesn't apply to FC.

It's FC.

It's more reasonable to kill your only grandparent than to skip out, so bickering about a stage here and there might work out.

KishSquared

Smash Master
Rick is right. No one is forced to come. If we choose a stage-list to your disliking, then don't come if it's so bad. You'll be missing out on the best tournament experience of your life, but if a single stage ruins the experience, you're better off not attending.

On that note, we understand that the FC experience has drawn interest from around the country, so we try to compromise with other regions. Compare FC1 to FC3 rules if you don't believe me. And I'm sure plenty of people remember the stage debates from last year, and we gave a lot of people what they wanted.

Still, ultimately, we're the hosts. We can do what we want. ^_^ No one is forcing you to attend. There are plenty of other FC-clones you can attend with other rulesets.

We know your opinions. We know we have people who despise our rules and people who love them. We've heard it all before, and we'll hear it all again. Same old same old, we'll make our decisions, make some people angry, make some people happy.

We want to hear honest opinions, like Dante's. He was polite and expressed his opinions. Flaming and insults, however, won't be tolerated this time around.

KishSquared

Smash Master
Haha, that RC debate was fun though. But it was indeed pointless, as it turned out that 50% of the people wanted it on, 50% wanted it off, and that was polling ~25 people/200+ in attendance.

So yeah, pointless!

Drephen

Smash Master
i have three complaints

1.) You have not chosen a FC #. "Next" is not acceptable

2.) You need to update the meleefc.com website

3.) You have still failed to edit information from the first FC on the website. "Team #1" who placed 13th in the team tournament was me and joe.

i expect all of these changes made within 3 business days, thank you.

mathos

Smash Champion
i have three complaints

1.) You have not chosen a FC #. "Next" is not acceptable

2.) You need to update the meleefc.com website

3.) You have still failed to edit information from the first FC on the website. "Team #1" who placed 13th in the team tournament was me and joe.

i expect all of these changes made within 3 business days, thank you.
If you ever check the midwest boards you'll know its been updated and called FCX. The X is clearly for the X-treme attitudes of the Kish Mafia and their glamerous coolness.

Drephen

Smash Master
"X" is not acceptable, i want a number

Kish is not a Mafia

only thing that is X-treme is Doritos and White Water Rafting

KishSquared

Smash Master
So if I fix #3, does that count for #2?

So what, now people use the website? Weird.

FCX is what I put on midwestcrew.com because I didn't want to reveal the mystery number. At this point, it's tempting to keep the number a mystery until the day after the event.

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
I can see magic number revealing ceremony with ponies and elephants being quite successful actually.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
I'm sad because an administrator hasn't activated my midwestcrew.com account yet ;_;

"56K"

Sorry, but your password cannot be retrieved because your account is currently inactive. Please contact the forum administrator for more information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom