• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2007 MLG Smash Series: MELEE-FC Diamond: Pools and CANDY in first post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KishSquared

Smash Master
I'm sad because no one reads all the posts saying you need to PM me to get in :(

It works great when you do it MY WAY RAWR!

BlackPanther

Smash Ace
This would be my first FC if I go to this and I definitely plan on goin to this even if it means calling off work if they don't accept me taking off 3 days for this.

KishSquared

Smash Master
FOR RC
Prime
Squared
Joshu
Yuna
Mister Sinista
AOB
JBlaze
Viperboy
Watty
Scamp

AGAINST RC
Big C
Trail
Tink
Oro?
Jiano
Eighteen Spikes
Helios
DrewB008
Jazzness

FOR: 10
AGAINST: 10 (if you count Oro)
TOTAL: 20
% of FC6 attendance that cared enough to discuss it: 10%
% of FC6 attendance that didn't care enough to express opinions: 90%

Always happy to oblige, Trail. I expect a raise for my efforts.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
FOR RC
Prime
Squared
Joshu
Yuna
Mister Sinista
AOB
JBlaze
Viperboy
Watty
Scamp

AGAINST RC
Big C
Trail
Tink
Oro?
Jiano
Eighteen Spikes
Helios
DrewB008
Jazzness

FOR: 10
AGAINST: 10 (if you count Oro)
TOTAL: 20
% of FC6 attendance that cared enough to discuss it: 10%
% of FC6 attendance that didn't care enough to express opinions: 90%

Always happy to oblige, Trail. I expect a raise for my efforts.
Apparently I never contributed, score. Also, do we not have any info on the first post or website yet? lolz. too good.

AS Money

Smash Lord
if it helps i would go for RC just because i own the boat then the rest of the level is ok so long as it isn't a space animal then again i like it

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
Iggy can have my spot pro-RC.

I was technically neutral about it. I see nothing wrong with it as a random (even though I'd ban it against all space animals), but I was actually against it from a national perspective.

KishSquared

Smash Master
Well, by "pro RC" I meant people who thought it was neutral enough to be a random. I definitely don't want to debate it again, though. My point was only to say that last year's debate was pointless because it involved relatively few people and it was fairly evenly split.

Online debates are so pointless. Anyone caught trying to start an online stage debate in this thread will not be allowed to have seconds at dinner that night.

Echo

Smash Champion
I think Rainbow Cruise should be on random. But only for singles.

Don't know if that helps anything, but thought i'd try to conform to the party of showing opinion ;]

mathos

Smash Champion
Kishes don't let the weak minded alter your opinions!

Really its their tournament, they can do what they want with it. If people have a problem then they won't go. If people don't go its not a national tournament anymore. Someone else shoudl pick up the slack. No johns.

Undefined

Smash Apprentice
if it helps i would go for RC just because i own the boat then the rest of the level is ok so long as it isn't a space animal then again i like it
so you like it because you "own" there. compelling arguement!

Kishes don't let the weak minded alter your opinions!

Really its their tournament, they can do what they want with it. If people have a problem then they won't go. If people don't go its not a national tournament anymore. Someone else shoudl pick up the slack. No johns.
someone else should pick up the slack??? oc3????????

KishSquared

Smash Master
Not just OC3. Like I said, there are plenty of FC-clones out there, and if you don't like the rules for FC then you can take your pick from the rest :D

And no, "FC-clone" isn't an insult. It just means that they use our general format.

I still maintain that no FC-clone will ever have a venue as awesome as ours though.

TGM

Smash Lord
when will the 1st page be updated with rules direction/venue.........ect. and can you explain the MLG sponsored thing please? wasnt mlg going to make an announcment about smash some time soon?

KishSquared

Smash Master
MLG is sponsoring the event, details as to what that means will come. Check out www.meleefc.com for directions. It's not updated for the new FC, but the directions are good still.

Rick, the overall experience is what's important. If we were discussing the possibility of making the tournament FFA or items-on, single-elimination, then yeah, the rules would be so bad that it'd ruin the experience. However, whether RC is on random or not is definitely not an experience-wrecker for anyone but, potentially, you. And I'm guessing even you would still have a great time.

But that's your decision to make. We aren't catering FC to Rick - we're doing it how we want to do it. If having RC on random will ruin the experience, then don't come. That goes for everyone.

Rules + Venue + Torpedo Ball + Dodgeball + Competition Level + Regional Crews + Joshu = Best Tournament Experience in Existence, Period.

-Chad-

Slackerator
I couldn't care either way about stages and stuff =X ...just put a sheet of paper somewhere telling me the stages I can play.

Oh yeah, if you guys do crews again this year, will they be double elim instead of single like last year? (double elim preeze?)

KishSquared

Smash Master
We'll definitely do double-elimination if we have time. 3 days just isn't enough time for 4 full events.

Maybe if we eliminated the Regional Crew battle?

Tink

Smash Hero
dont forget the usual low-tier tourny =).

but yeah, the regional crews have started to take ALOT longer now. which really does suck, cause i really like normal crews =(.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Lol, regional crew battles are awesome though. That is too fun, we have to do that, lol.

And Chozen maybe we can team again for this, but I don't know, I think a FL buddy might want to team with me or something. Hopefully though we can work something out, INN was too much fun, rofl.

Rofl at you beating 2 people almost every game.

Normal crews are also really fun too :).

TheLegend

Smash Ace
Lol, regional crew battles are awesome though. That is too fun, we have to do that, lol.

And Chozen maybe we can team again for this, but I don't know, I think a FL buddy might want to team with me or something. Hopefully though we can work something out, INN was too much fun, rofl.

Rofl at you beating 2 people almost every game.

Normal crews are also really fun too :).
Good times @ Inn indeed ^_^

and rofl @ you beating 2 people almost everygame while i would get 0-death'd ;)

Don't worry good sir. "Da One" will almost certainly make an appearance at FC if possible <(^_^)b

BIG C

Smash Master
heh i think regional crews have gotten lackluster cuz nothing can beat the videos KillaOR is my idol and the darkrain combo ever since regional crews have been dull. and if there are regional crews im starting team africa so chudat will join my crew thats how it was prophecized by chillindude829 last yr.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
MLG is sponsoring the event, details as to what that means will come. Check out www.meleefc.com for directions. It's not updated for the new FC, but the directions are good still.

Rick, the overall experience is what's important. If we were discussing the possibility of making the tournament FFA or items-on, single-elimination, then yeah, the rules would be so bad that it'd ruin the experience. However, whether RC is on random or not is definitely not an experience-wrecker for anyone but, potentially, you. And I'm guessing even you would still have a great time.

But that's your decision to make. We aren't catering FC to Rick - we're doing it how we want to do it. If having RC on random will ruin the experience, then don't come. That goes for everyone.

Rules + Venue + Torpedo Ball + Dodgeball + Competition Level + Regional Crews + Joshu = Best Tournament Experience in Existence, Period.
Rainbrow Cruise on random is really bad for Ice Climbers players. ICs will pretty much have to waste their ban on Rainbrow Cruise or else risk getting destroyed if it comes up on random. If there were a stage reset rule this wouldn't be a problem but I didn't see one mentioned in the rules.

Anyway, I wish you'd reconsider. Rainbow Cruise is fine for pretty much all the characters but Ice Climbers and I think it puts those players at a big disadvantage to have that stage considered neutral.

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
Did we ever say Cruise was on random? I'm not sure that anyone has, I think it was just brought up...

phish-it

Smash Champion
How are you going? I would love to find a way to go.
Believe it or not, Sol's mother actually wants to drive to this.

I love how putting Rainbow Cruise on random is like a life or death situation. I really could care less if it were on random.

Hank McCoy

Smash Ace
Anyway, I wish you'd reconsider. Rainbow Cruise is fine for pretty much all the characters but Ice Climbers and I think it puts those players at a big disadvantage to have that stage considered neutral.
you have no idea what you are talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom