• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2007 MLG Smash Series: MELEE-FC Diamond: Pools and CANDY in first post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

artarian

Smash Journeyman
i know ive asked this a few times already, but when is the website gonna be updated? never got a real answer....which is fine, just saying....also, when is sign up gonna start?

kirbstir

Smash Lord
A low tier tourney would be nice. I don't remember that happening last time.

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
We're working with MLG. They are going to be hosting the sign-ups, so we're just getting some details worked out. We're actually holding up the process at the moment, but we're going to get it going soon.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Whats an Iron man tourny???
Something I love.

Take a crew battle, but instead of switching people, you just switch characters.

So player A has X amount of characters and player B has X amount of characters.

Player A wins the first round with two stock left, he starts the next round with two stock left. Player B gets to pick one of the characters from his group and picks his stage, and they go again. Repeat until all characters are gone for one of the players.

KishPrime

BRoomer
There was not a low-tier tourney due to time. No one really even watched the low tier tourney at FC3, so we scrapped it.

Right now we have singles, teams, regional crews, and crews. All will happen guaranteed, just like last year.

Joshu

BRoomer
BRoomer
There will be a low tier tourney if you can increase the length of each day by several hours. As you have a few months to do this, it should not be a problem if you really, truly want a low tier tournament. If you don't care to try to lengthen the days, then you really never cared or even remotely liked low tier tournaments in the first place, so why are you crying?

KishPrime

BRoomer
I think a FFA tournament would be fun. Right up until I get stuck in a FFA with Bushman, D-rephen, and Watty.

BIG C

Smash Master
haha well how about i just move the earth farther away from the sun for an extra week and I will declare it national robot party....uhmmmm i mean FC week.

hmmm now all i need is a million robots on the galapagos to vent their greenhouse gases hmmmmm.

<3 futurama <3

Sliq

Smash Master
There will be a low tier tourney if you can increase the length of each day by several hours. As you have a few months to do this, it should not be a problem if you really, truly want a low tier tournament. If you don't care to try to lengthen the days, then you really never cared or even remotely liked low tier tournaments in the first place, so why are you crying?
Alright, done. We will have roughly 4 hours extra those three days. It is all I could do. If anyone else wants to try and tack some time on, I'm not going to stop you.

KishPrime

BRoomer
We're going to need some donations for that too. They don't come cheap, those extra hours.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
We did a FFA tourney this last weekend at UIUC. First match Hyrule, bad idea!! Then Big Blue, then Termina.

I got a 1st and a 2nd for 2nd overall.

Kel

Smash Master
We should also make sure to bring a couple extra setups this year so that we don't have that guy from RAC going around to every person in the church wanting to stop the finals and wondering who's in charge.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
Did we ever say Cruise was on random? I'm not sure that anyone has, I think it was just brought up...
Oh, my mistake. I just got that impression from the last few pages (I haven't read the 10,000 pages, admittedly). But if you're considering putting it on random I'd urge you not to, for the ICs. :)

mathos

Smash Champion
I think a FFA tournament would be fun. Right up until I get stuck in a FFA with Bushman, D-rephen, and Watty.
I'm assuming you didn't put me in there because I automatically win FFAs. FFA test political strategy more than anything else.

Watty

Smash Lord
drew could grab em joe could punch em and as hes flying i will shoot him

Hank McCoy

Smash Ace
if its FFA i will lose, evertime, unless i get the illinois band of berothers to boot up their controllers nad hop ont he gamecube live.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom