• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

12/13/08 December Gigabits - Melee - Orlando, FL, feat. Chops, Colbol, Hbox, Linguini

Col Bol

Smash Champion
Results Thread

Doubles Videos:

(Winners' Finals was not recorded, but Linguini and Hungry 3-0'd us ;))

Grand Finals

(Highly recommend watching, they're very good and intense)

Colbol (Fox) + Lambchops (Falco) vs Hungrybox (Jigglypuff) + Linguini (Ganon) 2.1
Colbol (Fox) + Lambchops (Falco) vs Hungrybox (Jigglypuff) + Linguini (Ganon) 2.2
Colbol (Fox) + Lambchops (Falco) vs Hungrybox (Jigglypuff) + Linguini (Ganon) 2.3
Colbol (Fox) + Lambchops (Falco) vs Hungrybox (Jigglypuff) + Linguini (Ganon) 2.4
Colbol (Fox) + Lambchops (Falco) vs Hungrybox (Jigglypuff) + Linguini (Ganon) 2.5

Colbol (Fox) + Lambchops (Falco) vs Hungrybox (Jigglypuff) + Linguini (Ganon) 3.1
Colbol (Fox) + Lambchops (Falco) vs Hungrybox (Jigglypuff) + Linguini (Ganon) 3.2
Colbol (Fox) + Lambchops (Falco) vs Hungrybox (Jigglypuff) + Linguini (Ganon) 3.3
Colbol (Fox) + Lambchops (Falco) vs Hungrybox (Jigglypuff) + Linguini (Ganon) 3.4
Colbol (Fox) + Lambchops (Falco) vs Hungrybox (Jigglypuff) + Linguini (Ganon) 3.5

Singles Videos:

Grand Finals

Colbol (Fox) vs Lambchops (Falco) 1&2
Colbol (Fox) vs Lambchops (Falco) 3-6
Colbol (Fox) vs Lambchops (Falco) 7

Winners' Bracket

Cornell (Blue Falco/Fox) vs Zoro (Green Falco/Link)

Doodah (Luigi) vs RFX (Samus)

Skrach (Marth) vs PolMex23 (Falcon)

Colbol (Fox) vs Lambchops (Falco)

Soft (Jigglypuff) vs Cornell (Falcon/Fox) 1&2

Soft (Jigglypuff) vs Cornell (Fox) 3

Lambchops (Falco) vs Cornell (Fox/Marth)

Losers' Bracket

Doodah (Luigi) vs PolMex23 (Falcon)

Colbol (Fox) vs Soft (Jigglypuff)

Colbol (Fox) vs Linguini (Ganon)

Exarch (Peach) vs Cornell (Fox/Falcon)

Winners' Finals

Lambchops (Falco) vs Hungrybox (Jiggs) 1,2,3

Lambchops (Falco) vs Hungrybox (Jiggs) 4&5

Friendlies

Colbol (Green Fox) vs Cornell (White Fox)

TedBoosley (Jigglypuff) vs PolMex23 (Falcon)

Loser's Semis (Me vs Exarch), Loser's Finals (Me vs Hbox), and Grand Finals (Me vs Chops) coming. Thanks to Noel and Amber for recording! :D

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
i just watched the entire set of teams.

Yoshi's story? More like yoshi's novel.
I applaud you and your ToV enthusiam.

Heh! Hyah! Un Duex Trois March Waltz *bling bling* Delight Roll! *Overlimit* Pow Hammer Pow Hammer Pow Hammer Pow Hammer!
---
Lambchops ****ing *****.

JFox

Smash Hero
Not bad Exarch. Not bad at all my man. TBH it doesn't look like Cornell knows how to properly fight peach, but u have a pretty good well balanced play style.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
canada mained the **** out of this thread

good **** everyoen
ima try to make it to the next one.

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
Not bad Exarch. Not bad at all my man. TBH it doesn't look like Cornell knows how to properly fight peach, but u have a pretty good well balanced play style.
Thanks a lot! TBH I watched the set and my peach looks plain ugly in those videos, (x.x) Cornell had an off set it seemed. But if you can watch those videos and actually appreciate anything I did in them, I'm impressed. I was not very pleased with how I was playing at the tournament. :/ *I hardly ever get to play anymore johns*

PB&J

Smash Hero
good vids..waits for grand finals...i heard cornel didn't get sleep the night before but no johns all of u floridians better go to to4 for we can have video gallery and like 10 montages

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
agreed.
isn't excessive ledge stalling banned?
and isn't that excessive ledge stalling?
not trying to be a **** about this, but ledge stalling has never been banned.

Stalling has been; stalling being "putting yourself in a position where your opponent cannot reach you". As in, if soft were to go out and do frame perfect rising pounds (which if i remember right keeps you level, i could be wrong), that would be banned.

But ledge stalling? Na. *Points to colbol vs soft*

JFox

Smash Hero
Thanks a lot! TBH I watched the set and my peach looks plain ugly in those videos, (x.x) Cornell had an off set it seemed. But if you can watch those videos and actually appreciate anything I did in them, I'm impressed. I was not very pleased with how I was playing at the tournament. :/ *I hardly ever get to play anymore johns*
I don't think you played ugly, you just played pretty smart and safe the whole match. That's typically what ends up happening when your in a tourney set. I look forward to watching more of your matches. Hope you get active again.

CanISmash

Smash Lord
Elmont LI, Queens. Philadelphia during semesters.
dogy, yes it is. it's just hard to enforce.
check rules for most tourneys, excessive stalling including ledge stalling has always been banned.
instead of people whining or getting impatient.
you just pause the game and call a tourney host over to watch the match. that's what i'd do if something like planking was going on.

PB&J

Smash Hero
ledge stalling is not banned ..what are u talking about and it shouldn't be..the are ways around it didn't u watch the vids...wow

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
dogy, yes it is. it's just hard to enforce.
check rules for most tourneys, excessive stalling including ledge stalling has always been banned.
instead of people whining or getting impatient.
you just pause the game and call a tourney host over to watch the match. that's what i'd do if something like planking was going on.
What, do you play brawl or something?:laugh:

Ledgestalling has definitely never been banned in Florida (or in most regions actually), and the term "planking" has only been recently coined.

And you do realize that Fox is fast enough to steal the edge from Jigglypuff right? I'd never DQ someone over this, since there really are more broken forms of camping.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
yeah but in alot of tournaments i've seen rising pound stall and the peach one banned

its excessive stalling.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
yeah but in alot of tournaments i've seen rising pound stall and the peach one banned

its excessive stalling.
Ledgestalling has never been called excessive stalling. Ledgecamping, Fin camping (on corneria), laser camping, platform camping, ect. have all just been forms of camping. They are all hard to get around, but not impossible like Peach bombing and rising pound.

Camping is not banned.

Top Bottom