• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

100% Juice - The best things in life are free.

Snakeee

Smash Master
So, I think I'm gonna be Zelda for Halloween.

jk jk lols. I was going to see what the reactions would be, but for some reason I feel like ppl will take it really seriously XD

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master

jk jk lols. I was going to see what the reactions would be, but for some reason I feel like ppl will take it really seriously XD
..............I wanna be Seto Kaiba...too bad cosplay is for losers :(

Guess I'll just be Frank. *gets the skirt and readys the weeboos*

_Yes!_

Smash Hero

I believed you.

If only I had the money :(

Do we dare?
He works at a UPS store and just gave it to me o.O

I'm waiting for the day you get some sort of surgery to..........

:p
looool I don't think he's that desperate to be heterosexual...(jk frank <3)

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
I can't believe Tekkaman is any good though. I hate charge character. I can see why Ken is good but I dislike his supers, they don't combo in the way I would like. (OoAir Combo's)

I'm sticking with Rock-Batsu/Yatterman-1 for now.
yourmother - shoryuken forums said:
A+ Tier:
Ken - Best character in the game. He's got zoning, he's got runaway, he's got rushdown, mixups, combos, infinites, more setups than you can count, and he's got a beak on his helmet. The invisibility glitch is like icing on an ownage cake. A tier of his own imo. There's nobody on the cast that has a good matchup against him.

A Tier:
Karas - Low risk, high reward. He can rushdown super hard with very little fear of retribution most of them time, and then if anything connects, he can go into infinite. Unblockable traps/resets are good, but easy to mess up sometimes. Lacks some mixups, and can occasionally have trouble against a really strong keepaway game (ken), but this very rarely becomes an issue. The only way to beat him for most characters, is to know his tricks inside and out, and even then it can be a crapshoot.

Ryu - I'm going to eat my words on this one. This guy is good, just really solid all around. Really high damage on his combos, even without baroque. Good mixups with the command overhead, lows, super fast IAD.C, crossups, etc. Shinkuu hadouken doesn't do too much dmg, but it's a great utility move. Juggles of shinsho are ********. DP>BBQ is completely invincible and will get you damage and get you out of so many high pressure situations completely free. There is literally no risk on using DP>BBQ.

A- Tier:
Chun Li - Full screen infinite from a low jab, no meter, no red life, and it never breaks like karas'. I was considering putting her a tier up, but she just doesn't quite have the versatility of those other chars. She's really fast, can dish out the damage, and has some nice tricks, but she doesn't have any gamebreaker type bull**** to really shut people down.

B+ Tier:
Rock Volnutt (Megaman) - He's really safe if you use his arm switch moves correctly, he has a good spam game, and good comboability, but he takes damage really bad and also doesn't really do a ton on his own. Played well though, he can be just as hard to get a hit on as Ken or Karas.

Tekkaman - He moves up just because of what a good partner he is. His assist completely *****, and his DHCs and team up supers just create so many retardedly good situations. He can struggle a little on his own due to his speed, but he also dishes out huge amounts of damage without meter and can ride out a ton of hits. He's got good range, and some nice tricks and utility specials that he can use to mess with you.

Doronjo - She's got really safe runaway game with her super jump boulders, which she can actually then turn into some good combo damage, which is just silly. She can do a lot of tricks with her qcf boulder super too. She can be played very safe, at which point it's really hard for someone to get in on her effectively, however, if someone is well acquainted with doronjo tricks, it can be really hard to actually land damage. Can rely too heavily on your opponent running into something.

B Tier:

Yatterman - Has potential, but your mind games, spacing, and execution all have to be phenomenal just to get up to an actual competitive level with Yatterman. So much of his stuff is situational that you have to play a lot of guessing games and worry a lot about just keeping yourself from taking a bunch of damage. If you guess right consistently though, he is completely beastly.

Casshern - The casshern tricks have gradually stepped up and up over time. His rdp is a great asset. He can use it to set up a guessing game with that and low sweep, he can use it to squash a lot of stuff including any jump-ins, and landing one can lead to huge amounts of damage. Unblockables also lead to a bunch of damage, and the A dog gets you out of a lot of pressure situations.

Jun - She's really quick and has a lot of options to counter stuff that you throw at her, her damage is decent, kind of middling, and she can do some fun zoning stuff with bombs, but she sometimes has trouble setting up a real threat on offense sometimes, since her high>low strings can be predictable. She can counter certain characters really well, but otherwise, she relies a lot on just dash in 2A and IAD.C

PTX-40A - Probably the surprise of this game for me has been how remarkably decent PTX turned out. He can rush down remarkably well, taking advantage of the super armor to punish anyone who tries to mount a normal offense, while actually mixing up highs and lows. Guaranteed damage off of throws with megacrash, plus unblockable setups into lvl3 super means he can consistently land good damage. Unfortunately, sometimes it's not quite enough to take out 2 characters, particularly ones with good super armor breaks. If he had Lightan's health, he'd be up a couple tiers.

B- Tier

Batsu - Pretty basic, but decent. Crossups with j.B, a decent keepaway game, decent combo damage, some solid resets to try out for extra damage, and tardy counters occasionally actually help out a lot against Karas, although they're not as helpful against most characters. He's got good tools and can hang in most situations, but nothing out of the ordinary.

Morrigan - She's got some really fast and really good offense, but some low damage output on her combos and some situations seem just really impossible for her to deal with. Certain characters she can just **** with overhead rushdown, but she has no way of getting in on a good runaway/zoning character, and Karas can out-rush her for a nasty lockdown.

Polymar - He's got some good mixups, utility stuff, and the reset grabs, which can do a chunk of health, but, like morrigan, he's really hurt by his inability to get in on people. He has no ranged options and moves kind of slowly at times, which makes it really really hard for him to get in on, say, a runaway Ken or a Megaman spam. Like morrigan, has some good things going for him, but there's just too much stacked against him in a lot of matchups.

Souki - He's got a lot of range on those pokes, and can turn them into a lot of damage if he hits, but he's really predictable, and the super armor is almost impossible to ever actually use well. He also has a really hard time against rushdown or runaway. His megacrash combos are gdlk tho.

C Tier:

Roll - She's small and her moves are pretty quick, but she's pretty predictable for the most part, doesn't have much as far as utility moves go, has to rely on tricks, and she takes it hard in a lot of matchups, not just the top tiers. She can dish out some ok damage, but nothing like the norm in this game anymore, and she's a meter hog.

Gold Lightan - He has absolutely no way to open up offense on somebody who's playing it safe (projectile spam). Unlike PTX, he's got no lows, no unblockables, and no way to guarantee damage off of a grab. He's got more health than PTX, and does well in some surprising matchups (karas), but your gameplan is usually just jump in and spam low jabs and hope your opponent ****s up and you can land a j.236A+B.

D Tier:
Alex - Really bad.
http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=172852&page=26

This is arcade version, so the bonus characters aren't on the list.

Ken/Tekkaman ULTRA GAYNESS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEavzlJsN28

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
Wait wait, you don't like roller coasters?!? It must be a ginger kid thing :) The closer they are to the sun, the more red they become!
How did this make any sense? I never said I was afraid. I didn't even imply it.

Yes!- I simply don't believe it. Have you ever been on one?

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=172852&page=26

This is arcade version, so the bonus characters aren't on the list.

Ken/Tekkaman ULTRA GAYNESS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEavzlJsN28
lol I keep with SRK Forums too, but I dislike Chargers...

I mean I don't play anyone though so I have 0 exp. on what to do when someone breaks my Rockman walls.

Also with Tekka, I didn't know you could combo his "rain" Super from a Mega crash.

I need to step it up.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Alright, I started messing around with Tekkaman in training mode, and i'm starting to understand how he works.

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
lol, I GOT MAAAAAADDD RUSTY, I can't even complete 3C, B, 623A, B, 623A with Yatterman anymore!!!!

Edit:
Or, with Batsu Ryusei Kick (214A/B/C) into that aircombo tag in thing (236P)

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
lol kai I dunno what else you want me to say xD

I've been on the smaller ones but nothing too crazy. I don't find it enjoyable to ride them but the parks are fun.

Snakeee

Smash Master

I missed a quiz for this class :(
Do you think this 'emo out' style email has any chance of working?

Hi Professor Magnus,

This is Frank Scotti from your Philosophy 210 class, Tues/Thurs 10:15 -
11:35.
I know it's very late to say this, but I wasn't able to make it to class
on the day Quiz #2 was handed out. I had a fever that morning which passed
later on so I didn't go to a doctor or anything (I forgot that the quiz
was being given that day). I know your policy requires doctor's notes, but
I realize I made a big mistake and if there's any way I can make it up, or
if it's at least possible to somehow make up the points that would be
great. It's very discouraging for me to start the semester with losing
what equivalents to 5 points off my average for a course because of such a
stupid mistake on my part, and this will likely cause me to do poorly in
all of my courses. Admittedly, I'm a person that often get's depressed
over everything, and I don't think I'll have the drive to do well now.
Please help me just this one time in whatever way is possible, and I
promise it won't happen again. Thank you.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master

I missed a quiz for this class :(
Do you think this 'emo out' style email has any chance of working?

Hi Professor Magnus,

This is Frank Scotti from your Philosophy 210 class, Tues/Thurs 10:15 -
11:35.
I know it's very late to say this, but I wasn't able to make it to class
on the day Quiz #2 was handed out. I had a fever that morning which passed
later on so I didn't go to a doctor or anything (I forgot that the quiz
was being given that day). I know your policy requires doctor's notes, but
I realize I made a big mistake and if there's any way I can make it up, or
if it's at least possible to somehow make up the points that would be
great. It's very discouraging for me to start the semester with losing
what equivalents to 5 points off my average for a course because of such a
stupid mistake on my part, and this will likely cause me to do poorly in
all of my courses. Admittedly, I'm a person that often get's depressed
over everything, and I don't think I'll have the drive to do well now.
Please help me just this one time in whatever way is possible, and I
promise it won't happen again. Thank you.
No way, I'd throw that piece of garbage in the trash where it belongs. Take out the depression stuff and mentioning of other classes and it'll be fine

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
mentioning other classes did seem to kill it.
what u needed was more, im stupid but i will change, less hey fever went away later on lululul

-O_O-
good luck to everyone to who is now playing better fighting games

ADHD

Smash Hero
I'm about to claw my physics teacher in the face, please tell me every teacher is not horrible in college.

Top Bottom