• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

100% Juice - The best things in life are free.

ADHD

Smash Hero
You're right and that's not even the half of it. He screwed over his friend who staked him (think that was the story). It was agreed that he would give him half his winnings and he was going to give him nothing. Apparently they settled out of court though.

There was also OBVIOUS cheat talk he did in the WSOP like with this one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBABP1pUB18

Honestly, he is not the worst I've seen though. He's a bit of a donkey which I cannot stand at all, but tbh a donkey is actually better than a fish. Aggressive styles can work out well, especially in tourneys, but he has a lot of work to do. However, you know he is paying Johnny Chan a ridiculous amount of money for coaching?

As for aggressive styles....look at Tom Dwan "durrr". He has to have seen way more hands than Doyle has seen in his whole lifetime because of the online pace and multitabling. He's been argued as even possibly the best there is right now. And he is very, very aggressive and makes a lot of plays.

I play a bit aggressive in late stages of tourneys, but being that far over the top is a bit much for me. A lot of styles can work well, and the best would have to be a solid mix of things.
****in go away you nerd! You and your nerdy nerd paragraphs.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
You're right and that's not even the half of it. He screwed over his friend who staked him (think that was the story). It was agreed that he would give him half his winnings and he was going to give him nothing. Apparently they settled out of court though.

There was also OBVIOUS cheat talk he did in the WSOP like with this one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBABP1pUB18

Honestly, he is not the worst I've seen though. He's a bit of a donkey which I cannot stand at all, but tbh a donkey is actually better than a fish. Aggressive styles can work out well, especially in tourneys, but he has a lot of work to do. However, you know he is paying Johnny Chan a ridiculous amount of money for coaching?

As for aggressive styles....look at Tom Dwan "durrr". He has to have seen way more hands than Doyle has seen in his whole lifetime because of the online pace and multitabling. He's been argued as even possibly the best there is right now. And he is very, very aggressive and makes a lot of plays.

I play a bit aggressive in late stages of tourneys, but being that far over the top is a bit much for me. A lot of styles can work well, and the best would have to be a solid mix of things.
LOL that was one of the very hands I was thinking about when talking about him being a liar. He is definitely a donkey, but I had thought he was supposed to pay Johnny Chan like 10% of his winnings for coaching him during the WSOP and he never did? That was the rumor a while ago anyway. Also, he used to be affiliated with Bodog and now I don't think he's with any of the online poker sites. Probably because they don't want to ruin their imagine with people like Jamie Gold advertising for them :laugh:

Tom Dwan is amazing, that's all there is to it. I think he's been playing poker perfectly recently and doesn't really make many mistakes. This is of course about his cash game play and not tourny. I have yet to see how he fairs in a tournament (I think he won't do as well because super aggressive styles rarely pay off in tourny because of all the fish). But for cash games, he is a genius at the game. I can tell you right now he's the pro I would fear the most to play in real life.

There needs to be a huge poker game at Pound 4 so we can play one another. These long online sessions have been killing me recently, and I miss playing in real life so much.

i can write 20 page essays about DuggFinn

easily

over and over

:)
I swear this is what I thought you were gonna say :p

Snakeee

Smash Master
LOL that was one of the very hands I was thinking about when talking about him being a liar. He is definitely a donkey, but I had thought he was supposed to pay Johnny Chan like 10% of his winnings for coaching him during the WSOP and he never did? That was the rumor a while ago anyway. Also, he used to be affiliated with Bodog and now I don't think he's with any of the online poker sites. Probably because they don't want to ruin their imagine with people like Jamie Gold advertising for them :laugh:

Tom Dwan is amazing, that's all there is to it. I think he's been playing poker perfectly recently and doesn't really make many mistakes. This is of course about his cash game play and not tourny. I have yet to see how he fairs in a tournament (I think he won't do as well because super aggressive styles rarely pay off in tourny because of all the fish). But for cash games, he is a genius at the game. I can tell you right now he's the pro I would fear the most to play in real life.

There needs to be a huge poker game at Pound 4 so we can play one another. These long online sessions have been killing me recently, and I miss playing in real life so much.
Yeah, I know Dwan is a monster in cash games, and tbh I seem to do things backwards with that. I play aggressive in tourneys, and super tight in cash (generally). Well, it makes sense to me, what is is to me is that chip stacks are much more important in tourney, as are blind steals. In cash, the blinds are pretty insignificant considering how big hands end up, but if I'm right near the cut off I'll still make some blind steals anyway bc it works so much. In cash, you literally have all the time in the world too with a proper bankroll.

this thread is amazing ~^.^~
Wow, Shin where have you been??

Snakeee

Smash Master
I still can't get over how sexy that signature is.
Then why arent you using it? >_>

I lurk mad hardcore on these boards now. Playing BB and wanting to get into MB:AA and Melee again. Mostly play B+ now though
Heh, alright well you should play me in Blazblue one day.

Good god I love your avatar Snakeee.........<3
Thanks ^_^
Assuming you know what it's from, Rita made that game. I used her the whole time while my friend played used uh the main character...wow I forgot his name lol. It was my friend's game, but I played through the whole thing with him.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Yeah, I know Dwan is a monster in cash games, and tbh I seem to do things backwards with that. I play aggressive in tourneys, and super tight in cash (generally). Well, it makes sense to me, what is is to me is that chip stacks are much more important in tourney, as are blind steals. In cash, the blinds are pretty insignificant considering how big hands end up, but if I'm right near the cut off I'll still make some blind steals anyway bc it works so much. In cash, you literally have all the time in the world too with a proper bankroll.
Yeah, they're two completely different games that require different mindsets. I feel that the tight-aggressive style works best in general for both. Usually I'll play pretty tight in irl tournies while playing semi-aggressive on the online ones. That's another thing, real life and online poker are so different from one another it's almost exactly like comparing tournaments and cash games. This is because you're seeing about three times as many hands an hour online than you are irl, so you're going to see three times the bad beats/amazing hands/big pots/etc. That and the fact that you are unable to see your opponents and have to base everything off of the size of their bets and the time that they take. And online cash games are crazy, I'm constantly changing how I play because things get insane at higher limits.

Shugo-Chan

Smash Lord
Yeah Snakeee i loved that game to death lol. Actually I love tales in general. xD I'm hoping the ps3 version of Vesperia gets released here since it has so so so much extra content..., and the main character is Yuri rofl. (The man!)

Is this too off-topic or is this just a chat posting nonsense for you NJ/NY people? lmao

Snakeee

Smash Master
Yeah, they're two completely different games that require different mindsets. I feel that the tight-aggressive style works best in general for both. Usually I'll play pretty tight in irl tournies while playing semi-aggressive on the online ones. That's another thing, real life and online poker are so different from one another it's almost exactly like comparing tournaments and cash games. This is because you're seeing about three times as many hands an hour online than you are irl, so you're going to see three times the bad beats/amazing hands/big pots/etc. That and the fact that you are unable to see your opponents and have to base everything off of the size of their bets and the time that they take. And online cash games are crazy, I'm constantly changing how I play because things get insane at higher limits.
I know exactly what you mean. Also, I play 4-9 tables at once (usually 4). I see....a lot of hands @_@

Shugo how much extra stuff??? Ugh wish I had PS3

Shugo-Chan

Smash Lord
I'll put up a list for you Snakeee and you'll see the dire need of it to have a us release.. lmao.

* Full voice acting
* Tie-ins with Tales of Vesperia: The First Strike[8]
* New playable character (Patty Fleur)
* Flynn as a fully customizable, playable character
* Repede and Flynn as selectable on-screen avatars
* New mini-games (Racing mini-game for Repede)
* New cutscenes
* New subplots
* New main game quests
* New sidequests
* New songs
* New towns
* Remodeled towns
* New dungeons
* New bosses (including the Sword Dancer, Don Whitehorse, and Clint/Tison/Nan)
* Boss fight replays at Nam Cobanda Isle (in an area called the Door of Memories)
* New Overlimit Levels up to 8[14]
* New Hi Ougi/Mystic Artes (including a dual Mystic Arte with Yuri and Flynn)
* New Artes
* New Skills
* New Equipment
* A Key Item known as the "Artes Ball," which allows characters to assign up to 8 Artes to the left stick, and 8 Arte Shortcuts to the right stick for a new maximum of 16 Artes.
* New Costumes (Including costumes based on other Tales characters and Sgt. Frog[15])
* New Skits
* A scene-skip feature
* Added Team Arena
* Connectivity with Tales of VS[16]
* Pre-Order Bonus (Abyss character costumes for Yuri, Flynn, and Estelle)

A lot.......xD.

Snakeee

Smash Master
O_O *faints*
I feel like playing Abyss over too, I hardly did any of the extras, because I was overwhelmed by how much there was lol. I really wanted to fight Nebilim.

Shugo-Chan

Smash Lord
You're all nerds anti. get over it :x. (lol <3 anti)

@ Snakeee. Nebilim on Unknown mode is pretty much impossible lol. Just a warning xD. All the extra stuff is amazing though.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
How did i get owned atleast he admits hes a nerd.

And we all know the private fact about nerd brawl players...

Snakeee

Smash Master
*Looks at Anti's AIM status: "Removed 10 stock in crews, BEAST"

...well at I'm not the one bragging about Brawl accomplishments by advertising them on AIM. :laugh:

Maybe I'm a nerd, but idc yeah I'll admit it :)
I don't really care about what's nerdy, I just do whatever I want.

What is this 'private fact' btw?

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
*Looks at Anti's AIM status: "Removed 10 stock in crews, BEAST"

...well at I'm not the one bragging about Brawl accomplishments by advertising them on AIM. :laugh:
LAME. You are no longer a doubles god anti.

I never have brawl status messages unless it tells that I'm at an event. I thought anti was normal as well :(

Snakeee

Smash Master
None of us are normal....that's what I love about this community :laugh: You might think you're normal, but there's always something with everyone here you just don't even realize it.

Normal people are boring anyway.

Top Bottom