• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

100% Juice - The best things in life are free.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Yo snakeee, I'm real happy for you and I'ma let you finish, but Jamie Gold is the best poker player of all TIME!

*shrug*
LMAO I woke up this morning thinking watch someone Kanye'd me on that one. :laugh:

Last night I was in a tourney against someone with the name "ADIKKK" and he took a big pot off me when I had the chip lead. I was like ADIKKK I"m really happy for you, and I'ma let you finish, but ShiningHope had one of the best chip leads of all time! (got 27th/354 btw first wouldve been 1.77K -_- )

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
I think if Sam and Carly kissed that would have doubled the viewers, I know I'd take my special lotion out for that one.

btw your sig makes me mad, you can't have the power of light if you're a Shadow, that's like saying my dude Slikvic brightens up the night.
Slik puts the night to shame.
just saw this you *******s

Snakeee

Smash Master
lmfao Jamie Gold is the biggest fluke in the history of the World Series of Poker.

Also, Full Tilt all day
Heh, a fluke but the biggest? Um......no one can possibly be worse than Moneymaker >_>

I kind of want to play on Full Tilt bc there are soooo many more bad players, and just players in general. A lot of the time I can't even fill 2 S&Gs at once on Ultimate Bet -_- . I don't like how you can't have an avatar on Full Tilt and the faces are so stupid. Another thing is I don't know if I would be able to get rakeback there bc I already have an account, and rakeback is extremely important.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
J.G IS HOSTING A SMASHFEST TOMORROW! ITS GONNA BE HUGE. EVERYONE GO!

heres the info!!!

Clifton,NJ

Just in Case anyone misunderstood, This is NOT A TOURNAMENT, just a smashfest where anyone can come to get in good training/chill and plus there are like no Tournies in NJ so If you want to come just to get some training or get in some money matches before the season ends then COME! lol.

Doors open at 12:00 pm on Saturday!

There will be MELEE! and Brawl! lol obviously. and Pokemon D/P/Pt lol bring your shiettt

If you could bring a tv or a wii that would be greatly appreciated :]

Everyone's Invited bring whoever you want!

oh and BRING FOOD! lol. You can bring whatever you want to eat. You WILL get hungry and I'm not feeding all of you. lol bring food. But if you forgot don't worry!

We will be ordering Pizza! from Pizza Hut. If you put in $6, You get your Own Pie, yes a whole pie just for you! only $6! Get at that yo!

Later on during the day we'll probably do Brawl Draft Crews(which will get recorded) because they're to epic yo

Get your money matches on too!!! the seasons almost over!! i know you wana secure some spots!

on a side note

mega man x6 has the best soundtrack ever

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Heh, a fluke but the biggest? Um......no one can possibly be worse than Moneymaker >_>

I kind of want to play on Full Tilt bc there are soooo many more bad players, and just players in general. A lot of the time I can't even fill 2 S&Gs at once on Ultimate Bet -_- . I don't like how you can't have an avatar on Full Tilt and the faces are so stupid. Another thing is I don't know if I would be able to get rakeback there bc I already have an account, and rakeback is extremely important.
Jamie Gold is a far inferior and pathetic player. If you look at any of the vids of him winning in 06 he got just about the luckiest string of cards I've ever seen (because he played EVERY single hand like a *******), and when he didn't hit he bluffed out his opponents with his huge chipstack and they were all terrible and scared of him getting lucky like he always did when they called. Not to mention his UNBELIEVABLY bad call against Allen Cunningham's all in with ****ING KING JACK and then he tries to defend the call afterwards.

If you watch ANY vid of him play (WSOP or high stakes poker) you'll see the man has no decorum whatsoever. He disrespects the game and all he players at the table. It's one thing to pretend you don't have anything, but this ********** actually lied all the time and wouldn't stfu during hands (whether he was in them or not). And he'd also try to pretend to be sympathetic to his opponent after they called believing his lies. I suppose I can't be mad at him for that, but honestly, take a look at ALL the other pros. NONE of them behave this way. He doesn't know how to play this game and is a complete douche bag *******. I hope he burns in hell.

And Full Tilt is very nice, it has the best interface of all the sites and is the best overall imo (I've played on them all). It has hundreds of tournies everyday and they're all great and you can find a cash game at any limit any time you want.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Jamie Gold is a far inferior and pathetic player. If you look at any of the vids of him winning in 06 he got just about the luckiest string of cards I've ever seen (because he played EVERY single hand like a *******), and when he didn't hit he bluffed out his opponents with his huge chipstack and they were all terrible and scared of him getting lucky like he always did when they called. Not to mention his UNBELIEVABLY bad call against Allen Cunningham's all in with ****ING KING JACK and then he tries to defend the call afterwards.

If you watch ANY vid of him play (WSOP or high stakes poker) you'll see the man has no decorum whatsoever. He disrespects the game and all he players at the table. It's one thing to pretend you don't have anything, but this ********** actually lied all the time and wouldn't stfu during hands (whether he was in them or not). And he'd also try to pretend to be sympathetic to his opponent after they called believing his lies. I suppose I can't be mad at him for that, but honestly, take a look at ALL the other pros. NONE of them behave this way. He doesn't know how to play this game and is a complete douche bag *******. I hope he burns in hell.

And Full Tilt is very nice, it has the best interface of all the sites and is the best overall imo (I've played on them all). It has hundreds of tournies everyday and they're all great and you can find a cash game at any limit any time you want.
You're right and that's not even the half of it. He screwed over his friend who staked him (think that was the story). It was agreed that he would give him half his winnings and he was going to give him nothing. Apparently they settled out of court though.

There was also OBVIOUS cheat talk he did in the WSOP like with this one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBABP1pUB18

Honestly, he is not the worst I've seen though. He's a bit of a donkey which I cannot stand at all, but tbh a donkey is actually better than a fish. Aggressive styles can work out well, especially in tourneys, but he has a lot of work to do. However, you know he is paying Johnny Chan a ridiculous amount of money for coaching?

As for aggressive styles....look at Tom Dwan "durrr". He has to have seen way more hands than Doyle has seen in his whole lifetime because of the online pace and multitabling. He's been argued as even possibly the best there is right now. And he is very, very aggressive and makes a lot of plays.

I play a bit aggressive in late stages of tourneys, but being that far over the top is a bit much for me. A lot of styles can work well, and the best would have to be a solid mix of things.

Top Bottom