• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1/31/09 GIGABITS - Brawling into 2009

Masky

Smash Master
And Pikachu can't survive it if he's spiked at 40%. It's absolutely ********. Never played Pikachu vs. Falco unless you plan to not get grabbed....
Is this seriously true? I'm going to test it out when I get a chance, thanks for the heads up

Gindler

Smash Champion
I'm sorry, I don't wanna start **** but stuff like this is getting old. How can you say you would have won if you couldn't get past his CG to spike? Maybe he saw that you didn't know how to di it, so thats the main tool he used to win? To say that you would win if he didn't cg or if you knew how to get passed it is extremely arrogant imo.
He's not arrogant, he's confident!

Yup it is and its failtastic. Pikachu can't even meteor cancel it or anything....he just dies.
Isn't falco's Dair a spike instead of a meteor?.......i know that was the deal in melee anyway

CO18

Smash Hero
Yo all I know is
doubles:
1. Afro + Seibrik
2. co18 + Redhalberd
3. Rx- + Hungrybox
4. xYz + Mk18
5. Chops + Linguini

1. co18
2. hbox
3. seibrik
4. afro
5. chops
5. petey
7. redhalberd
7. galuuda
9. xyz

Anyone know other 9th? or whatever else you know. Ima make a results thread then just add the stuff unless brackets come up but he usually posts them by now.

AfroQT

Smash Master
Good **** to Co18 and Hbox.
Redhalberd is kinda good.
We ***** teams (as predicted).
I shoulda brought back my snake as planned.
Im dropping Wario/Kirby
Goin Snake/MK.

SHOUTOUTS:
Every ***** dat attended - Good **** show up for next gigs.

PAYCE

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
i would just like to say, that i am actually gonna try and get better at brawl.
yes, i have done terrible at brawl tourneys and havnet gotten last place twice, but i was thinking about it, and i cant be too mad because i literraly do not play brawl at all. I only play it when i go to the tournaments. on my free time its 100% WoW. but i am starting a training session with hbox. like, im gonna try to play 4-5 times a week. I think if i actually play this game i could do good. In the beginnng, i was actually placing like top 5-7. but then i stopped playing. So i'll give brawl one last shot. i am actually gonna train for this game and i think i am gonna have to start ******. back to my melee status. if i do well and see improvement then i'll stick with it. just felt like saying that. no one probably cares, but i am gonna actively train for brawl now so lets see what happens. also, i finally got my wireless router so i will try to start playing online for more training.

-hiro

-hiro

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
good **** hiroshi. Youre a smart player, all you have to do is play more and you'll start ******.

Online is still bad, but its good enough to learn matchups if you find good people. Thats the reason i use it for, anyway. Online tourneys/ladders are ******** :laugh:

SheerMadness

Smash Master
jojo u did pritty good for not playing for 4 months but ur metaknight still tornados and up b's 90% of the time.

You gotta be more versatile kid.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Good **** to Co18 and Hbox.
Redhalberd is kinda good.
We ***** teams (as predicted).
I shoulda brought back my snake as planned.
Im dropping Wario/Kirby
Goin Snake/MK.

SHOUTOUTS:
Every ***** dat attended - Good **** show up for next gigs.

PAYCE
T_T Don't drop wario!!!!!!!

Its so much fun to play against, and you're probably the best wario......ever.

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
So I picked Up DDD in just a few days. It's about as nasty as my Random button. Im going to fvcking CG every snake main, and gain the upmost satisfaction. And I'll be at 140% and not die by a utilt.

Be afraid.

CO18

Smash Hero
Xyz joining the dededes.

Why didnt u just use wolf or falco or something? lol

You could prob beat all mediocre snakes easily but like chops knows d3 since he plays with seibrik all the time so youd prob do better with someone he doesnt know

and afro goes mk vs d3 now

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
Xyz joining the dededes.

Why didnt u just use wolf or falco or something? lol

You could prob beat all mediocre snakes easily but like chops knows d3 since he plays with seibrik all the time so youd prob do better with someone he doesnt know

and afro goes mk vs d3 now
I'm a very complex player in brawl, I can excel in the DDD vs Snake matchup because I can adapt to the really good players. I'm considered one of the best GW in the country, If I can't beat good snakes, then that pretty much sums up that GW just doesn't cut it, unfortunatly. Only Snakes that come to mind would be Afro/seibrik/chops/hrnut.

Mediocre snakes I can easily beat. for example, mampam is really really good. but I two stocked him twice gw vs snake.

now...

chops completely destoryed me, like I felt i was the biggest noob in the world, my options were limited and every move I did resulted in a punish. Picking up DDD would atleast give me a fair chance to fight good snakes. The rest is up to skill, and I'm extremely confident in my skill in brawl....

always have been.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
well

u pick up d3 wont help u at alll vs me chops and afro, prolly hrnut since he hates d3.

but chops and afro are siiiick vs d3.... i cant imagine why.

and i kno that as if... as if well i mained d3 or somethin.

Wana MM? ur ddd my snake next gigs?

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
well

u pick up d3 wont help u at alll vs me chops and afro, prolly hrnut since he hates d3.

but chops and afro are siiiick vs d3.... i cant imagine why.

and i kno that as if... as if well i mained d3 or somethin.

Wana MM? ur ddd my snake next gigs?
sure, I should have mastered the matchup by next gigs, im gonna seek training from all of my CFL resources, HRNUT/Rx-/TTT/CO18/Mk18 come forth.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
ive actually given nick alot of d3 practice, cause i picked him up just to help him out/maybe use sparingly in the future.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
i would just like to say, that i am actually gonna try and get better at brawl.
yes, i have done terrible at brawl tourneys and havnet gotten last place twice, but i was thinking about it, and i cant be too mad because i literraly do not play brawl at all. I only play it when i go to the tournaments. on my free time its 100% WoW. but i am starting a training session with hbox. like, im gonna try to play 4-5 times a week. I think if i actually play this game i could do good. In the beginnng, i was actually placing like top 5-7. but then i stopped playing. So i'll give brawl one last shot. i am actually gonna train for this game and i think i am gonna have to start ******. back to my melee status. if i do well and see improvement then i'll stick with it. just felt like saying that. no one probably cares, but i am gonna actively train for brawl now so lets see what happens. also, i finally got my wireless router so i will try to start playing online for more training.

-hiro

-hiro
Come to the ******' lounge already, Zoro, CoCo, Kyon, UUAA, StaFu, and I would like to help you out in your quest back to the top.

Top Bottom