• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1/30 Syracuse Smash Round 2 !!! Snakee & RaynEX!!!

Mikeomak

Smash Cadet
You tell em Altairian!

So anyone willing to show me the works? This is ganna be my first tournament(official one, ive been to crappy local ones) and im not too sure how things go/flow in them. :/

cornxnuts

Smash Apprentice
SUNY Binghamton / Suffolk County, New York
So anyone willing to show me the works? This is ganna be my first tournament(official one, ive been to crappy local ones) and im not too sure how things go/flow in them. :/
Lol...they are only crappy because me and Jon keep winning :p.

Anyways, you're probably gonna get super nervous and not play to your full potential simply because its new to you. It took me a couples of tournies to get over that feeling.

I lol'd hard.

If I have money left, MM?
Yeaaa, if not lets just friendly.

EDIT:
@dudu, do you play brawl as well, or just melee?

Sharky

Smash Master
I'd just like to point out that I'm pretty sure bry had to pay for a portion of the venue cost out of his own pocket last tourney. Also, I fully don't expect 70 people to come, however awesome it would be. (70 people would also last super long for a one day tourney, don't forget. The more space the better. More reason to BRING SETUPS!!!) I fully trust the guy to do what's best for the tourney. I'm really low on money too, to the point that I can't take classes this semester, but you don't see me complaining.

tl;dr - stfu and deal with it, bring a setup, and trust bry cause he's a good guy and he'll do the right thing.

Mikeomak

Smash Cadet
Lol...they are only crappy because me and Jon keep winning :p.

Anyways, you're probably gonna get super nervous and not play to your full potential simply because its new to you. It took me a couples of tournies to get over that feeling.
I figure im not ganna win my first tournament, but i just want the most for my money and time and to get to know some people from the smash community because i know 0people from it >.<. Everyone should find me there and come do some friendlies with me!

By local tournaments i mean school ones lol. Unless your going to BHS for thier craptastic tourneys i've never heard of you.

Say i bring a setup and something happens to it like it breaking or something(crap happens). Am i SOL or what?

altairian

Smash Lord
I figure im not ganna win my first tournament, but i just want the most for my money and time and to get to know some people from the smash community because i know 0people from it >.<. Everyone should find me there and come do some friendlies with me!

By local tournaments i mean school ones lol. Unless your going to BHS for thier craptastic tourneys i've never heard of you.

Say i bring a setup and something happens to it like it breaking or something(crap happens). Am i SOL or what?
Pretty much, yeah. I wouldn't worry too much though, people are pretty respectful of the setups. You're more likely for things to get damaged in transport, which is your own fault ;)

cornxnuts

Smash Apprentice
@Mikeomak - I was referring to the Binghamton University tournies, not the high schools'.

Anyway, most wii's at these things are in use, so people wouldn't get a chance to take it. What i sometimes do is take the cardboard from a cereal box, and cut / bend it so that it fits around the wii. Then cut openings for wires and fans, and secure to a table w/ duct tape. I typically do this for university tournaments because I know theres a lot of desperate / untrustworthy students that can walk in/out of the room. Brawl tournaments such as this one done usually have too many people not in the tournament walking around, so I don't worry as much:

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v644/227/29/8118320/n8118320_35894069_966848.jpg

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v644/227/29/8118320/n8118320_35894070_3878809.jpg

http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v644/227/29/8118320/n8118320_35894071_4502953.jpg

Kantō

Smash Champion
Piedisliker wants to know if anyone wants there wii hacked for infinate replays at the tourney, talk to him about it so we can get many matches recorded for the boards and the CNY tourney website needs vids and i want a vid of everyone so get your matches recorded!

Kantō

Smash Champion
also i forgot to add:

THESE ARE THE SIDE TOURNEY VOTING RESULTS AS OF NOW

-low tier 59%
-brawl + 27%
-mid tier 14%

if you havent voted, please do so at the CNY site the link is in my sig. whichever side event has the most votes the day b4 the tourney will be the side event. PLEASE DONT VOTE MORE THAN ONCE, IF U ALREADY VOTED DONT VOTE AGAIN!!!!!!

cornxnuts

Smash Apprentice
Thanks.

Oooh can i get my wii hacked for infinite replays too? If you need to boot something thru the SD memory, I'll bring a miniSD so i can nab the files. (Hopefully someone will have a computer)

What constitutes low-tier? Bowser and under?

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
I'll bet 50.

Mass and Maine are showing interest. You can't trust topics. Maine hasn't even poked it's head in here (I think) and Mass only one or two of them have posted.

NE states will domino, if they get confirmed I wouldn't doubt Tri-state showing interest.

*******s trying to steal money from our ****ty region!

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Tristate isnt coming to this, they are too lazy due to having so many tournaments in their area all the time as it is.

who the hell is from maine? isnt it just like darc, dazwa and banks?

also, stage lists and low tier character lists are solely determined by the TO. As such bry can determine what low tier is for his own tournament. That being said, I feel that he should make low tier bowser and below, minus ike, cus Ike is not low tier

altairian

Smash Lord
That's an awful lot like saying "ban metaknight" lol.

It's up to bry of course, but the current tier list says Ike is low tier. No matter what collection of characters are allowed in an event, there's always going to be one or more characters with a significant advantage. No johns just play better :p

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
Joking joke about Ike is a joke.

I plan on placing top 8 hopefully. Oh, and Alt and I are ripping apart dubz.

I really don't want my Wii to be modded if I bring it to the venue. If it's a temporary mod I'm okay, but I don't want any permanent modifications made to my Wii other than extended replays, and maybe not even those. If I have to mod the Wii I'm not bringing it FYI (Don't anybody give me any "Sakurai-hugger" ****, it's my system, I'll keep it the way I want ;)).

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
That's an awful lot like saying "ban metaknight" lol.

It's up to bry of course, but the current tier list says Ike is low tier. No matter what collection of characters are allowed in an event, there's always going to be one or more characters with a significant advantage. No johns just play better :p
its more like saying ban sonic from low tier tourneys.

like hey, maybe we should ban a mid tier character, from a low tier tourney.

at this point im pretty sure sonic is allowed in more low tier tourneys than ike is.

also, the current tier list is going on 9 months old and is vastly outdated, theres no reason to use a ruleset that doesnt properly apply itself to the current metagame

Joking joke about Ike is a joke.

I plan on placing top 8 hopefully. Oh, and Alt and I are ripping apart dubz.

I really don't want my Wii to be modded if I bring it to the venue. If it's a temporary mod I'm okay, but I don't want any permanent modifications made to my Wii other than extended replays, and maybe not even those. If I have to mod the Wii I'm not bringing it FYI (Don't anybody give me any "Sakurai-hugger" ****, it's my system, I'll keep it the way I want ;)).

its was never really a demand. hell, it wasnt even a suggestion, it was more like i can do this for you if people want me to.

no need to get all defensive.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
I'll post a few things just to get it straight.

First of all, THIS IS IN NO WAY PERMANENT. I'm launching the codes through smashstack. This means that it will be launched through the stage builder. You won't need homebrew, so if it's a virgin wii, it stays a virgin wii.

The only thing I'm asking for is that you remove your custom stages from your wii either by deleting them, or storing them on an sd card. It's the only way it'll work, unless you have homebrew. It actually requires me to remove the sd card, so you'll need to bring your own sd card for storing replays if you don't have enough memory on your wii. If you have plenty of memory on your wii, good for you. :p

This only covers the basics for tournaments. Infinate replays, tags in replays, and no random tripping. If everyone's willing to just take care of their custom stages, we can literally have every setup for brawl be a recording setup!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
tl;dr: No homebrew required, this won't permenantly mod your wii, just remove your custom stages from the wii's memory.

Kantō

Smash Champion
low tier list includes:

Bowser
Zelda
Pokemon Trainer
Ike Lucas
Mario
Ness
Yoshi
Samus
Jigglypuff
Captian Falcon
Ganandorf

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
fffffffffffffffffffffffffff

prophecies for low tiers.

1/2 sans ike/snakeees zelda
3/4. pikapikas/leet-0s ness
5. jesses PT/my who ever i feel like playing that day.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
I'd say get at my mewtwo, but you would.... Cause I suck at melee, I'm only adapting.

Speaking of, if the venue is changed I might just not enter melee singles. Is only the venue fee going to be changed to 10?

Top Bottom