• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1/30 Syracuse Smash Round 2 !!! Snakee & RaynEX!!!

Kantō

Smash Champion
well i wont be working sat. after jan. 1st. so i will be attneding many more tourneys and ill be at Roc.

altairian

Smash Lord
Wow... you people are old.
Old enough to DRIVE ;) ;)

Bry make sure you get in contact with gaming clubs at the colleges in syracuse, there has to be some. I find it really hard to believe the syracuse area only has 7 people that are remotely interested in competitive smash! ;)

(I'll be doing the same in my area once the new semester starts up)

Kantō

Smash Champion
oh yea i will be hitting up every skool in the area as with many other places that i know about. im having some really nice posters made and tons of flyers, so if i can mail them to anyone they can hang them around there area. LETS MAKE THIS TOURNEY HUUUUUUUUGE!!!!!!!

altairian

Smash Lord
I mock who I please. And your deliberate misspelling of my name only brings attention to how it's properly spelled, so I thank you for that.

On a side note, I got a great idea for something that I can bring to future tourneys. It'll be a surprise for the first tourney once I get it (probably won't have it for rochester, but hopefully for this tourney!).

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
Whoa is that prize bracket thing legit? The one with the top 8 scorers? (Not that I would win that tourney, but Im sure I would be in that bracket...modesty ftw?)

Sharky

Smash Master
just thought of something. If you're planning on getting as many people at this as I think you're hoping to, the current venue might be a bit cramped, especially considering just about everyone will be inside at all times due to the cold weather.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
venue was empty as fk for ss1.

that place can probably hold around 40 people comfortably.

tables were taking up more space then people the last time I was there.

altairian

Smash Lord
venue was empty as fk for ss1.

that place can probably hold around 40 people comfortably.

tables were taking up more space then people the last time I was there.
I think Sharky was referring to the Oneida venue which they were planning on using for this tourney as well. And I do agree that more than 15-20 people in that venue would be pretty rough. Not to mention the uh, lack of heating in the bathroom? lol

Oh and just out of curiosity, what happens if the winner of the point system bracket has all 3 consoles already? :p

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
Just some quick things:

1. I'm on the attendance list twice. If the other name is a placeholder for my friend that's fine, but I don't wanna falsely represent the # of people coming to this XD.

2. I'll be bringing a setup just so you know. TV, Wii, Brawl.

@Alt: We need mad doubles practice. If we can do well at Rochester, then we'll clean house once we get to SU. I'm bringing 3 other people to Rochester, so we can set up a TV and practice via rotation.

How'd the Oneida tourney go BTW?

Kantō

Smash Champion
sharky,Acton,Pdiddy, Cura, sry havent been around latley...2 jobs is killing me lol. u guys wanna practice on sunday or monday?

aslo @ 1337, where are u on the attendance list 2x?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
leet 0. Do me a favor, go to my PR thread and tell me where you live there.

We need to put you on the map so I will know where you are in the future.

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
Thanks, and yes my friend and my dad are coming & my dad is going to enter singles. Not too sure about my other friend, but he may come if he enjoys "Stylin' On Ya".

@Goggles: I'd like to, but you know my pops is tentative about that sort of thing. The best I can give you is I live in the Nedrow area.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
yo leet, you coming to my tourney?

its this weekend son, Ive been working on my GRCGs so im ready if you want a MM rematch.

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
At leet-0, you wanna do a ness ditto MM for teh lolz? I wanna learn some Ness stuff. Ness is pretty much mah low tier main.
If you want, you can MM my ROB too :)

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
yo leet, you coming to my tourney?

its this weekend son, Ive been working on my GRCGs so im ready if you want a MM rematch.
Oh heck yes, I've been looking forward to it for quite some time (both tourney & MM). $2 though, 'cuz I'm broke XD

@Bold: I don't even know what that means, so it's sure to take me by surprise!:laugh:
Wait, Goggles'...********...Chai-Oh yeah, I remember that from last time.

At leet-0, you wanna do a ness ditto MM for teh lolz? I wanna learn some Ness stuff. Ness is pretty much mah low tier main.
If you want, you can MM my ROB too :)
Sure @ both, but from what I remember I've never fought a R.O.B mainer in my life, so "teh lolz" will likely be you 3-stocking me.:p $2 eaches, kk?

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Hey Goggles... Imma money match you if I make this. Wario vs. D3 (since he's who you use).

I'll $5 MM you only if we play a TOTAL of three matches. I don't wanna just play 2 out of a possible 3 matches for 5. I'd wanna get that third match done too. Otherwise it'd just seem like a ripoff to me.

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
Bcb... that's not worth it, especially considering the matchup. Take a page out of Goggles' book and do a matchup based MM like when he fights pikachu with his fox.
Edit: Oh, I guess the Matchup has changed significantly since I last checked it.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Bcb... that's not worth it, especially considering the matchup. Take a page out of Goggles' book and do a matchup based MM like when he fights pikachu with his fox.
Edit: Oh, I guess the Matchup has changed significantly since I last checked it.
I don't remember the last time I beat a good DDD main, it'd be a fun match. :p

Top Bottom