• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1/30 Syracuse Smash Round 2 !!! Snakee & RaynEX!!!

Kantō

Smash Champion
yea pound 4 is around then, but i figure not every smasher isnt gunna be shelling out 200 bux in expensises for travel, hotel and actual tourney fees, plus food and ****.

Sharky

Smash Master
yeah not everyone but if you want most of the good people to come to this then don't make it on pound weekend please haha

edit: I could smash today, is cura available?

altairian

Smash Lord
should i move the date a couple of weeks? if a significant number of you guys would rather have it be changed to a different date, ill see what can do to improve the turnout. if not its kool, im looking for everyones feedback on this.
Well, I like the idea of having a tourney a week before pound. It'll be a good warmup for those people that are going to pound. But there are some college kids that won't be able to make this cause they aren't back at school yet. So it's kind of a toss-up really. If you're looking for the highest possible turnout, a couple weeks after pound is probably your best choice so we can get all the college kids to come out.

On a side note, aside from driving anyone know a good option for getting to the venue for pound? I don't mind driving long distances but...that's a long effing way lol.

Kantō

Smash Champion
im thinking possibly changing it to jan. 30th, longer away, but it might be for the greater good. what do u guys think?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Maybe, either is good for me, but its starting to sound like later in the month is a good idea, however I think Rochester might have a pretty big event in feb. so idk. but dont bother taking something that hasnt happened yet into consideration.

Kantō

Smash Champion
yea i think ima go the with the 30th, sounds more convienent for everyone, including myself. and there is no big tournies that weekend right?

altairian

Smash Lord
yea i think ima go the with the 30th, sounds more convienent for everyone, including myself. and there is no big tournies that weekend right?
None announced yet. Pound is probably the last big tournament for a few months, there's been a pretty large number recently.

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
Not really, it's only a few weeks later, They go by in a snap to be honest.

Let's think about it, if you were to push this back to Feb. If BCB's grades aren't the best this marking period he'll have a chance to make them better the second marking period. Cross and CBC will likely be back from the city and would probably be able to come, as well as if they decide to bring someone else form the dorms. It would give people a chance to get everything together, and work out a schedule since they likely don't have everything planned that far ahead. All over, pushing is back seems like it would likely be better for the turnout.

altairian

Smash Lord

Let's think about it, if you were to push this back to Feb. If BCB's grades aren't the best this marking period he'll have a chance to make them better the second marking period. Cross and CBC will likely be back from the city and would probably be able to come, as well as if they decide to bring someone else form the dorms. It would give people a chance to get everything together, and work out a schedule since they likely don't have everything planned that far ahead. All over, pushing is back seems like it would likely be better for the turnout.
Except if goggles is doing an event in feb, and quite a few people are planning to go to viridian (which they are) then there's not a whole lot of room in the month for him to put a tournament. Jan 30 is a good date imo, two weeks after pound.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker

Actually, my second marking period would be shown about the second week of January.

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
Oh wow. Earlier than my marking period... When exactly is Viridian? O.o

Oh, I never saw the post where he said the 30th, disregard what I said then, I agree with that date.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
about rochester, when's the next battle for western ny gonna be?
Never.
BFWNY was Shiri's exclusive tournament series, he kinda has ownership over the name and he has asked us explicitly on many occasions not to run tournaments under that name.

After our tourney next month, I was going to talk to goodies, because the tourney i was talking about possibly setting up in feb would most likely be its replacement. since the last battle was in feb as well.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Oh man I so want to go to this.

Ill see if I can make it. Its not for a while afterall I suppose.

Acton

Smash Journeyman
About rides: I can give people a ride to and from the train station in syracuse to where this tourney is taking place. Amtrak is pretty cheap during the week vs renting a car. I recently went to poughkeepsie cause thats where I used to live and I have lots of friends down there and during the week its usually like 38 one way. I'll need like 5-10 dollars for gas money per person, depending on how many ppl I drive. Obv the more people the less each will have to pay up to four ppl, three will be stuck in the back. Beware my car is a ford focus it will be kinda squished. =P

Kantō

Smash Champion
hey acton, are u free today to smash at all? cuz i just got outta work and am doing nothing all day. i might see whos around to smash with.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
I just txt'd you bry. Lets smash. Acton at work so hes cant do anything.

Kantō

Smash Champion
Acton, you should let all ur friends in poughkeepsie about this tourney. its far away date so mabye they can arrange rides n stuff?

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Its looking more towards Low tiers. This tournaments gonna be great. Alot of time to plan so dont bail!

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Well ill do a mid tier money match and spend some time ****** them if youd like.

Kantō

Smash Champion
Why does it say its January 9th on that website where you vote x.x
hahaha oops, i dont actually manage the website, cura does. so ill have to tell him to change that considering i just called the date change like last week. did you vote???:chuckle:

Top Bottom