• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1/30 Syracuse Smash Round 2 !!! Snakee & RaynEX!!!

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
...aw crap. I thought Constantia was in Oneida, but I need to go around Oneida lake past Syracuse. So instead of traveling 30 mins, it'll be 1 hour 15 mins. :/

Now I'm not even sure if I'm going without getting a ride with somebody else.

hubble

Smash Ace
Me and Pinpoint (rob) will be there. I'm actually gonna come this time :)

Bringing melee and a tv and maybe recording depending.

Kantō

Smash Champion
happy holloween everyone!

also ill put you and pinpoint up there hubble. cant wait to see ya this time!

Sharky

Smash Master
I misread "weebly" as "weekly". It made me very happy.

Then I realized my mistake. I am now back to sad.

Also, I might be able to make the oneida tourney. I'll need a ride, though.

edits: woo $8! I'm happy. =)

and are you really putting up a game system as the circuit prize? hot ****, I need to get to some tourneys lol. Define the "end of the year" please? lol

Kantō

Smash Champion
the end of the year, as in jan. 2011. the points system will start on syracuse smash 2. so we have a whole year of tournies.

Kantō

Smash Champion
has everyone gone to the syracuse tournaments website and voted on the side event tourney?

if not heres the link-http://syracusetournaments.weebly.com/index.html

go here and vote!

hubble

Smash Ace
Low tier Melee tournament.

Cool idea bry, I like that your trying to make something happen with the Syracuse scene.

Try to get some more smash awareness / recruiting going too and soon you'll have a great little scene.

Kantō

Smash Champion
ive been trying my best man, Cura, Pdiddy and I have been trying to do tournies help this scene grow. were trying to be different, better, and fun. thats why we do things like the raffle prizes and side event tournies to keep things fun for the expert smashers and our tournament newcomers alike.

thank you for your feedback, i love to here your guys ideas too!

altairian

Smash Lord
How many people will the venue be able to handle? We might be able to convince some CT/MA/PA kids to get together and make the trip, but we'd need a big enough event for it to be worth their while to do so ><

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
...crap.

I'm praying to get above a 92 on my report card for the second semester so I can make this. Hopefully I won't have the same case as the Oneida Tourney.

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
I called CBC earlier today, and he said the pooling money to rent a car sounds like a plan. We just need someone who knows the way.

FrznSaber

Smash Journeyman
I called CBC earlier today, and he said the pooling money to rent a car sounds like a plan. We just need someone who knows the way.
Or find someone that has a car and just help pay for the gas, a lot easier don't you think? There are several people that could probably give you guys a ride.

And I'm not so sure about CBC actually going. It's during intersemester break, and at that time we can't stay on campus, so we're sent home for the holidays which is NYC. CBC barely has any source of income so he would ration what little cash he has for something else other than transportation costs and a tourney. Also, considering that there are bound to be smashfests and tournies during break in the city.

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
The whole renting a car thing was a plan in case we couldn't do that... And the thing is, none of us know those people, other than Alexei, and I'm not sure if he's even going or not...

Yeah, he told me about that. Minus the smasfests anyway. He said he might be able to, but it sucks that you guys can't stay on campus at those times...

FrznSaber

Smash Journeyman
The whole renting a car thing was a plan in case we couldn't do that... And the thing is, none of us know those people, other than Alexei, and I'm not sure if he's even going or not...

Yeah, he told me about that. Minus the smasfests anyway. He said he might be able to, but it sucks that you guys can't stay on campus at those times...
It's just the FBI's way of interferring with my invasion of Canasa..wait what? I mean it's the time of year where we get to come back home and spend our time with the people that are close to us ^_^;;

But honestly, despite my growing affection towards the WNY smash community, I just can't pass up the oppertunity to play against the players back home [in the city].

Also, I doubt Alexi/MarioMoonshine would be going since he's more of a Melee fan, same for the person who drove us to Rochester last time (hunting me and CBC down like a bill collector).

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
i can't come to any more wny events or play this game anymore unless ppl want to come to play me

i am lots of educational and financial trouble, see u guys in the distant future if this game is still around ill always play i can get good in a couple days whenever peace!

Kantō

Smash Champion
wow, now mana is dropping out to? wtf.

hope everything works out for ya mana sry u cant make it.

Kantō

Smash Champion
should i move the date a couple of weeks? if a significant number of you guys would rather have it be changed to a different date, ill see what can do to improve the turnout. if not its kool, im looking for everyones feedback on this.

Sharky

Smash Master
I think a move would overall get more people. Make sure there isn't anything else going on though.

Top Bottom