• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1/30 Syracuse Smash Round 2 !!! Snakee & RaynEX!!!

hubble

Smash Ace
@Goggles and Roman: I meant I hope that he plays falcon, Im not telling him to be good or not. I hate it when I have preconcieved notions about something that are wrong.

Yes I listed my setup as Robs. But I can bring a gamecube+melee, but no TV. And Amber and Minh have some setups we may be able to bring.

Foy

Smash Champion
@Goggles and Roman: I meant I hope that he plays falcon, Im not telling him to be good or not. I hate it when I have preconcieved notions about something that are wrong.

Yes I listed my setup as Robs. But I can bring a gamecube+melee, but no TV. And Amber and Minh have some setups we may be able to bring.
How you getting tvs in your cooper?

+ why arent you on aim?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
singles is only 5 bucks?

>______>

this was only supposed to be a local tournament.

you have to understand that the last one of these only had like < 30 people total, we werent expecting the attendance to more than double for this one. I along with other people didnt want to do what happened last time and pay 10 bucks for a melee and brawl doubles touranement that only had 6 teams in one and 5 teams in the other. so we made all the events 5$ apiece.

Kantō

Smash Champion
i think with all the hype for the syracuse tourneys, the next one will be 10 dollars, this time around im not gunna change anything last minute.

th0rn

Smash Lord
if this was pushed back that'd be amazing

$5 singles doesnt rlly appeal to OoS to be honest....

Darc and I are thinking about going but with the low entrance fees we prolly will not attend. =//

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
I can see why, OoS would need and want more money for their travelling I suppose.

Since $5 is too little, and $10 is too much for such short notice, I think it would be best to raise the price for entry, but you should push the date back as well, because for people like me, even that five bucks could mean not going. That, or, I'd say meet in the middle with a $7.50 entry fee, although that seems weird. With as many attending as there seems to be, this should be reasonable.

But IF(it's not very likely that it will be) the date is pushed back, it woulc be likely that it could not be good for Canada, another large source of our hype, we need to think about this, because of the situation. With a larger bracket and all, I guess people would want a larger pay, it's only natural. Espcially since this is a what, about 32-man bracket for each game. At least that's what it's looking like to me.

Foy

Smash Champion
Ahh poop. Just show up and beat the canadians and take their money.

I want to see Darc again. =_=

Or you guys can just Wait till SS3 which i guess might be sponsored by VG bootcamp? Save ya money fool and come to Upstate and get ****ed up.

Banks, Scar, Mew2King, Mango, Jman, Zhu,

Sharky

Smash Master
people need to quit whining about the entrance fees. We have just a few days til the tourney, it's too late to be changing dates, we had enough trouble getting a good venue for this date to begin with. SS3 will be super epic, and yes, VGBootCamp will be helping out with it I believe. I'm also personally pushing to make it a two day event, melee saturday and brawl sunday. =D

Also Foy, that .gif is infinitely amusing.

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
Oh yeah! Well whose fault is it for having a job, huh?! /jk

Also, that "it could not be good for Canada" I meant to say everyone, I know about all that stuff, I just didn't say it, but I do understand.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
a date change at this point is just ridiculous and farfetched it shouldn't even be a topic, neither should the entrance fee's for the events.

Top Bottom