• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1/10/09 - Game Table, Mineola NY

MalcolmM

Smash Lord
so like are we talking about sonic is only a counter pick or like what? cause i honestly feel hes too fast for the games engine. ive seen shutdowns on my wii when im in practice mode with bob-ombs bumpers bananapeels deku nuts and smashballs @ 1.5x speed due to how fast he is. i dont want any legit tourney matches crashing so i think we shouldnt have him on any stages that have alot going on in the background or foreground for that matter. sonic is made for neutrals and cannot be played on counterpicks for the reasons i have stated. take this as u will cheese...im just letting u know so that if someone does it mid-tourney match there are no suprises.

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace
so like are we talking about sonic is only a counter pick or like what? cause i honestly feel hes too fast for the games engine. ive seen shutdowns on my wii when im in practice mode with bob-ombs bumpers bananapeels deku nuts and smashballs @ 1.5x speed due to how fast he is. i dont want any legit tourney matches crashing so i think we shouldnt have him on any stages that have alot going on in the background or foreground for that matter. sonic is made for neutrals and cannot be played on counterpicks for the reasons i have stated. take this as u will cheese...im just letting u know so that if someone does it mid-tourney match there are no suprises.
If you think that's bad, try it with bunny hoods....if you want a seizure.

cornxnuts

Smash Apprentice
SUNY Binghamton / Suffolk County, New York
Are we seriously considering banning Sonic because somebody's wii shuts off when in practice mode, with the game going faster, and loads of tournament-illegal items?

By Tournament-illegal items I mean any item not produced by a character

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
jesus christ some of you people are either on drugs or ********
Both Ryan.... It's Long Island ^_^.

There are some exceptions though :)

Oh and I gotta say Godot you are so cool for having a sig depicting L from Death Note. So, so cool. Keep up the coolness! Can you explain to me how I can be as cool as you? Maybe make a sig with some other overrated anime character perhaps? :)

anyone wanna mm, my potemkin vs anyone in brawl. ill win.
Mugen sucks :ohwell:

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace
And my Axl!

I will come out of gg retirement for mm's yayuz! Though I need to practice somethings I guess.

Though I wish it was Blazblue. Bang for life.

One more thing, can we get times for this tourny now?

MalcolmM

Smash Lord
cheese has yet to respond to the sonic questoins....i really need him to get back to me on this. im not coming to this if people are going to play like noob spammers with MKs nado and sonics homing attack. i come to tournaments to play good players not what i have to deal with on wifi 24/7.

Eaode

Smash Champion
cheese has yet to respond to the sonic questoins....i really need him to get back to me on this. im not coming to this if people are going to play like noob spammers with MKs nado and sonics homing attack. i come to tournaments to play good players not what i have to deal with on wifi 24/7.
the more this guy posts the less I can tell if he's joking or not...

MalcolmM

Smash Lord
im not joking about this man. my hard earned money is going into the "pot" of this tournament and i want to leave AT LEAST feeling like i was defeated by fair and balanced characters. if i wanted to play against cheap and overused things i can do that for free on wifi. the fact that cheese isnt responding really shows me he intends to let this tournament be over run with nado spamming and homing attack shenannigans. my attendance is becoming very unlikely if the rules arent modified. can we at least get the good counterpicks back to combat these characters (i.e. green greens port town aero drive and luigis mansion) ???

MalcolmM

Smash Lord
The QUADRUPLE T????

Im gonna watch out for this blackanese dude....he clearly plays with the "win or hurt your opponents spirit" mindset. I dont usually frequent these kind of events so im not trying to make a complete fool out of myself. I wanna impress you guys with my pikachu.

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace
The QUADRUPLE T????

Im gonna watch out for this blackanese dude....he clearly plays with the "win or hurt your opponents spirit" mindset. I dont usually frequent these kind of events so im not trying to make a complete fool out of myself. I wanna impress you guys with my pikachu.
It's ok, I've heard that this guy Godot can negate the Quadruple T by himself by simply calling it gay. If not, you might be screwed if you have to go against this guy.

But if it works, all you need to do is grab the smash ball. gl though, you'll need it.

Eaode

Smash Champion
yes the best sonic on the ec and one of the most known sonics in he country wants him banned for reasons hes joking about

oh for f
ucks sake
I knew he was joking the whole time.
Obviously no one starts out joking and then becomes serious about it later. >_<

I was commenting on the fact that his posts were getting to the point where someone would actually believe them, which is funny because it seemed like he was testing how good of a TO ch33s3 was by whether he'd take him seriously or not.

No reason to get aggressive when somebody's joking..

Top Bottom